Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . (1451 Views)

How Long Does It Take My Virginity To Close Back.. / Discussion Time With Chi-chi: How Long Does Cex Really Last? / Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by sexyzeeno: 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2012
Hi peeps! How long does heartbreak last? Its been 6months I broke up wit my guy n I find it difficult to move on n most especially every guy I meet complans dat I nag. Pls wat do I do?
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by bknight: 6:35pm On Nov 16, 2012
As long as it takes to find a better lover.

Btw do u want to know how long it lasts or u want to know how to handle urself?

undecided
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by k2039: 6:44pm On Nov 16, 2012
Only as long as you allow it too.

Take responsibility for your life,dont allow your heart to control you,understand he has moved on,so you are the one who has a lot to lose if you refuse to move on.

If he was good for you,he wont be your ex,the right man is on his way.

Let go of your past with him and step into your glorious future

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by lecturerdabo(m): 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2012
If He left you,He is not good enough for you so let go of him and move on with fresh goals. LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR THE PITS!

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by Mynd44: 7:00pm On Nov 16, 2012
It lasts until you decide to shake yourself out of it. It will be hard but you need to move on.

It will hurt and you will not feel good about it but you have to realise that the guy is gone and you need to move on.

It might not be a good idea to date immediately cos it will just be hard to do so. You will keep comparing them to your ex. What you need to do is invest in you. Do things you once loved, watch movies, go on walks, hang out with friends, go to church especiall choir nights, listen to music.

Just improve yourself and you will be ready to date again
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2012
^^^they have said it all...
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
It differs how long it lasts. Every person is different and EVEN one and the same person sometimes needs just a short period of time and another time a long period of time.

You'll be able to move on when you learn your lesson. wink
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by chronique(m): 9:30pm On Nov 16, 2012
I think this question needs to come out in all jamb/post ume exams in all schools for next yor... It lasts for as long as you hurt. Once you're done hurting,it goes away.
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:22pm On Nov 16, 2012
For as long as you want it to. Sometimes we remain heartbroken because we have refused to let go. The minute we make up our minds to let go, then we start healing.
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:37pm On Nov 16, 2012
It will last when u keep thinking without ur ex ur life have no meaning and no body can take his place in ur heart
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by UjSizzle(f): 11:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
sexyzeeno: Hi peeps! How long does heartbreak last? Its been 6months I broke up wit my guy n I find it difficult to move on n most especially every guy I meet complans dat I nag. Pls wat do I do?
As long as you want it to. Suck it up, rip off the bandage and move on!!!
It'll be difficult ofcourse, but the moment you make that conscious effort to forget the past and strive for what's ahead, your healing begins smiley.
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by dmcdad: 12:25am On Nov 17, 2012
sexyzeeno: Hi peeps! How long does heartbreak last? Its been 6months I broke up wit my guy n I find it difficult to move on n most especially every guy I meet complans dat I nag. Pls wat do I do?

What u must do? Continue living in the past and remain single forever.. One thing with most gurlz is; after a heart break or something, they tend to pour out all the frustrations on the next guy in-line and constantly compare and contrast them evry now and then. The thing is, if u continue like this, u will never last with anyone (no be swear) unless u let the past remain in the past and go on ahead with life as a new being. The ball is in ur court; dwell in the past and remain unfulfilled relationship-wise or let go of the past and be fully disposed to give in ur best in present relationships and watch the turn-around.
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by Nobody: 1:57am On Nov 17, 2012
While the first breakup i had went smoothly thanks to alcohol.
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by Mynd44: 3:24am On Nov 17, 2012
pc guru: While the first breakup i had went smoothly thanks to alcohol.
Lmao
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 17, 2012

Don't worry about it bro, the world is ending next month anyway. There're way too many Virgin Angels to be fu cked
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by Exponental(m): 8:26am On Nov 17, 2012
As long as long.
Build up a hatred 2 counter d bond.
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by dmcdad: 8:35am On Nov 17, 2012
REALITY101:

Don't worry about it bro, the world is ending next month anyway. There're way too many Virgin Angels to be fu cked

lol
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 17, 2012
Mine lasted less than a week. . .

I know myself, i know my strengths. Unlike other eventualities of life, i realized that heartbreak is only heartbreak if you allow it. Less than 5 days after she ended it, i just realized the truth about the whole scenario and laughed over it and said to myself, it's her farking loss. . .

She had to make way for "her" to come in. . . cool
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by Mynd44: 8:51am On Nov 17, 2012
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by Cidi: 10:05am On Nov 17, 2012
Girlfriend I used to be like u. Afta my heartbreak it took me up to 2 yrs to get over it. I was always nagging I wanted everything to be perfect, I felt I can make the current guy to be my ex ,but now I found out I was just stupid. You will find dat person dat will make u forget him and also appreciate urself. Remba there is always an Adam for every Eve.
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by Beync(f): 10:44am On Nov 17, 2012
AS long as you allow it to last
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by ciphoenix: 11:53am On Nov 17, 2012
30 SECONDS. THE MORE YOU DWELL ON IT, THE LONGER. BUT IT'S NORMALLY 30 SECONDS
Re: How Long Does Heartbreak Last. . by Youngpo413: 2:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
chronique:
I think this question needs to come out in all jamb/post ume exams in all schools for next yor... It lasts for as long as you hurt. Once you're done hurting,it goes away.

GBAM!

(1) (Reply)

The 10 Biggest Reasons Men Resent Their Wives / Two Heart Breaks Within 7 Months / How To Positively Use SEX To Achieve Any Goal You Want In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.