Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? (1426 Views)

How To Spot Girls Looking For Boyfriend At Lagos Restaurants / Omg!!! This Ghana Student Goes Popular For Posting This Pictures Online / She Had Sex In A First Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by mekaboy(m): 8:42pm On May 15, 2013
Just wondering, when you meet a girl especially in africa and you exchange numbers.

It always goes like this.

Girl: you can't come to my house I don't know you that well.

Girl: I can't come to your house I don't know you that well.

Then finally they end up at a restaurant. I am wondering why the restaurant all the time. Most first dates are in restaurants.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by dopeJemi: 9:13pm On May 15, 2013
u gat a better pLace?

1 Like

Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 15, 2013
dopeJemi: u gat a better pLace?
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by mekaboy(m): 9:32pm On May 15, 2013
dopeJemi: u gat a better pLace?
yes nw, basket ball court, mechanic workshop, outside police station, orphanage, stream, river, bridge, farm, library, bus stop,park, gym, freedom square. Venue plenty.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by dopeJemi: 10:27pm On May 15, 2013
mekaboy: yes nw, basket ball court, mechanic workshop, outside police station, orphanage, stream, river, bridge, farm, library, bus stop,park, gym, freedom square. Venue plenty.
okay! Don't 4get 2 telL us when u take ur date 2 any of dose pLaces u mentioned
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 15, 2013
it is popular becuz most nigerian girls are gluttons.. dem too like awuff grin and na so bobo's dey chop dem like nkwombi grin
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Nobody: 5:00am On May 16, 2013
I dislike first dates that take place at those kind of places. Its awkward and uncomfortable. Id rather be doing something else.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Mynd44: 5:58am On May 16, 2013
mekaboy: yes nw, basket ball court, mechanic workshop, outside police station, orphanage, stream, river, bridge, farm, library, bus stop,park, gym, freedom square. Venue plenty.
I have had a first date at a basketball court since we were both fans and the court was nice. There was a match that day and I wanted to watch it. It told her and she was interested too.

First date does not really have to be resturants but a lot of people would rather have it in a public place so if one party turns out to be a freak, you are covered. But they can be at parks, movie theaters if can even be at a carnival (A cousin once took his first date to the eyo festival once) and I remember my bro had one at the Lags car shoe last year at TBS.

It depends on what you are both comfy with.

1 Like

Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Nobody: 6:01am On May 16, 2013
There are so many public options without having to resort to eatery... grin
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Mynd44: 6:04am On May 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper: There are so many public options without having to resort to eatery... grin

But we have become so lazy, we can't think of those places
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Nobody: 6:05am On May 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
But we have become so lazy, we can't think of those places

I dont think its about lazy.. I think its a preconceived notion that that is what is expected because its become so normal.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Mynd44: 6:10am On May 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

I dont think its about lazy.. I think its a preconceived notion that that is what is expected because its become so normal.
Laziness makes people not want to think and get more ideas so they stick with what society calls "normal".
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by mekaboy(m): 11:52am On May 16, 2013
It is possible that most Nigerian girls will agree to go out with you on a first date at an eatry even if they don't like you.

If you call other venues they might change their mind and say they are busy.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:58pm On May 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

it's not becomin normal in any way! The kids started it, they can upold their lagacy!

Now, biliv ds, IN MY WHOLE WILD LIFE, I AV NEVA BEING TO AN EATERY WITH A LADY!!!
It looks degrading and so shameful to me!
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by MrsChima1(f): 1:14pm On May 16, 2013
First dates are about getting to know each other in a fun place. Its not about fucking and kissing.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Mynd44: 1:24pm On May 16, 2013
mekaboy: It is possible that most Nigerian girls will agree to go out with you on a first date at an eatry even if they don't like you.

If you call other venues they might change their mind and say they are busy.
You need to stop asking hungry cheap girls out who the only thing they care about is "rice and chicken". A lot of girls would not mind going bird watching with you if they would enjoy it.

Must you always think food?
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Mynd44: 1:26pm On May 16, 2013
SLIDE waxie: it's not becomin normal in any way! The kids started it, they can upold their lagacy!

Now, biliv ds, IN MY WHOLE WILD LIFE, I AV NEVA BEING TO AN EATERY WITH A LADY!!!
It looks degrading and so shameful to me!
Truth.

The kids started it and they can stick with it. They don't have enough game to ask a girl out and hence they use the food as a smoke screen and since they only go after the hungry ones, they have a high success rate
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Mynd44: 1:26pm On May 16, 2013
Mrs..Chima:
First dates are about getting to know each other in a fun place. Its not about fucking and kissing.
Truth
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by mekaboy(m): 2:08pm On May 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
You need to stop asking hungry cheap girls out who the only thing they care about is "rice and chicken". A lot of girls would not mind going bird watching with you if they would enjoy it.

Must you always think food?

Even the rich and satisfied ones still want to assess for by the type of restaurant you take them. They will drive and meet you at an expensive restaurant. After which they will say they like your taste, your classy.that is after you spent 14k on food for two of you and 8,500 on a bottle of cheap red wine.

You probably go on two or 3 such dates before she is comfortable enough to visit your or u visit her.

Both the hungry ones and the comfortable ones all prefer
Restaurant. The only difference is the class of the restaurant.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 16, 2013
Mrs..Chima:

Indeed.

But I just think there are better places to get to know somebody without having to be eating.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by MrsChima1(f): 2:31pm On May 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Indeed.

But I just think there are better places to get to know somebody without having to be eating.

If it is a dinner date then it woukd make sense to go to an eatery.

It's all depend on the type of date and time frame.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by segzicres(m): 2:37pm On May 16, 2013
TBH I can't take a girl out to a restaurant....maybe one they eat correct swallows....I usually feel depressed seeing a guy with a babe, she eating everything you can think of n he's jus ona pure water shii!
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Mynd44: 3:12pm On May 16, 2013
mekaboy:

Even the rich and satisfied ones still want to assess for by the type of restaurant you take them. They will drive and meet you at an expensive restaurant. After which they will say they like your taste, your classy.that is after you spent 14k on food for two of you and 8,500 on a bottle of cheap red wine.

You probably go on two or 3 such dates before she is comfortable enough to visit your or u visit her.

Both the hungry ones and the comfortable ones all prefer
Restaurant. The only difference is the class of the restaurant.

Just cos a girl is from a wealthy background does not mean she is not cheap and hungry. Change your taste in woman and go for those who have something to care about other than food.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by mekaboy(m): 3:57pm On May 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
Just cos a girl is from a wealthy background does not mean she is not cheap and hungry. Change your taste in woman and go for those who have something to care about other than food.

You have to be physically attracted to a girl first approach her before you get to know which category she belongs to. If she says u can't come to her house and she can't come to yours. They you let her choose, then she suggest an eatery close to her house, you won't run because u feel she is hungry. There are different types of girls in Nigeria. Hungry at different levels.

Example. You met a girl in a flight going to Abuja, u chatted, exchanged number. Now u want to meet her on her first date. She tells you to come to her house instead that she is cooking.

You are excited and feel you have met the a good type. Then you go to her house. She is wearing something hot. Serves you indomie and red wine. After eating and chatting she tells you to come to her room and see something.

You enter room she takes your shoes off, your mind don dey think about condom. She opens a box and bring out a shoe and tell u to try it on. She says it fits you. Brings some shirts, then tell u to choose from the shoes and shirts.

Now the shoe is 28k each. And 2 shirts for 12k each. She starts to pet you and ask you to take 2 shoes and 2 shirts.

If you say you don't have enough money on you, she says she will use her car to take you to the atm that you don't need to drive.

You manage to escape, she will tell you she will keep them for you. So the next time you call it means your ready to come pick them.

So you never can tell who a person is from his or her looks.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by alaricsaltzman: 4:09pm On May 16, 2013
mekaboy:

You have to be physically attracted to a girl first approach her before you get to know which category she belongs to. If she says u can't come to her house and she can't come to yours. They you let her choose, then she suggest an eatery close to her house, you won't run because u feel she is hungry. There are different types of girls in Nigeria. Hungry at different levels.

Example. You met a girl in a flight going to Abuja, u chatted, exchanged number. Now u want to meet her on her first date. She tells you to come to her house instead that she is cooking.

You are excited and feel you have met the a good type. Then you go to her house. She is wearing something hot. Serves you indomie and red wine. After eating and chatting she tells you to come to her room and see something.

You enter room she takes your shoes off, your mind don dey think about condom. She opens a box and bring out a shoe and tell u to try it on. She says it fits you. Brings some shirts, then tell u to choose from the shoes and shirts.

Now the shoe is 28k each. And 2 shirts for 12k each. She starts to pet you and ask you to take 2 shoes and 2 shirts.

If you say you don't have enough money on you, she says she will use her car to take you to the atm that you don't need to drive.

You manage to escape, she will tell you she will keep them for you. So the next time you call it means your ready to come pick them.

So you never can tell who a person is from his or her looks.
I love this! Seems u r talkin frm experience grin
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Mynd44: 4:17pm On May 16, 2013
You can't tell a person by looks yes, but why must the first date be an eatery?

You meet a girl on a flight, exchange numbers and you call her when you are in lagos that you would love to meet her again. She says she would love that and you tell her about some art exhibition at some art gallery and that she would love the paintings on display there. What is wrong with my scenario?

Why must we always mention Tantalizers and Sweet Sensations as a meet up place?
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Agbgift(f): 4:31pm On May 16, 2013
I personally aint a fan of eatery. I prefer to go sight seeing on a first date,seeing movies etc.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by mekaboy(m): 4:41pm On May 16, 2013
Mynd_44: You can't tell a person by looks yes, but why must the first date be an eatery?

You meet a girl on a flight, exchange numbers and you call her when you are in lagos that you would love to meet her again. She says she would love that and you tell her about some art exhibition at some art gallery and that she would love the paintings on display there. What is wrong with my scenario?

Why must we always mention Tantalizers and Sweet Sensations as a meet up place?

And if she asks you to buy an expensive one, that it will fit her room . You tell her you jst brought her to watch not buy. Lol

Date in Nigeria today automatically translates to eating and drinking. I think insecurity is actually a contributing factor.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Mynd44: 4:48pm On May 16, 2013
mekaboy:

And if she asks you to buy an expensive one, that it will fit her room . You tell her you jst brought her to watch not buy. Lol

Date in Nigeria today automatically translates to eating and drinking. I think insecurity is actually a contributing factor.
If a stranger walks up to you in the middle of the road and asks you for 10k what would you do? Give the stranger or tell the person no?

Is it that difficult to say no?
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by mekaboy(m): 6:05pm On May 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
If a stranger walks up to you in the middle of the road and asks you for 10k what would you do? Give the stranger or tell the person no?

Is it that difficult to say no?

Its not as easy as u say. When you invite a girl you jst met to accompany you to an art exhibition you have to prepare for emergency.

Using the word NO on a first date is abit harsh.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Mynd44: 6:42pm On May 16, 2013
mekaboy:

Its not as easy as u say. When you invite a girl you jst met to accompany you to an art exhibition you have to prepare for emergency.

Using the word NO on a first date is abit harsh.
Is a bit harsh? When did we exchange prudence for "the boy is good"?

When did we in a bid to look good set a precedence we cannot follow through?

This is kiddies stuFf I swear
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:03pm On May 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
Truth.

The kids started it and they can stick with it. They don't have enough game to ask a girl out and hence they use the food as a smoke screen and since they only go after the hungry ones, they have a high success rate
it is safe then to agree that a larger percentage of ladies are hungry. Hence, the efficacy of the method!
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does She Mean Her Words? / Why Do Women Hate Themselves / Confused,need Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.