Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,595 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] (2859 Views)

Couple Who Met At NYSC Camp Are To Wed Next Month / See Why This Guy Ended His Relationship ( PHOTO ) / Singles And Sex: How Do I Say No When My Hormones Say Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2012
D-Explorer:

I still wonder if love dies or am i sounding absurd smiley
you are just sounding uninformed...Yes,Love dies when you don't work on it.Your actions and in-actions can kill it.Your inveterate habits and character can cripple it.Love can diminish into thin air with time if there is no sustenance.

1 Like

Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by DExplorer1: 10:29pm On Nov 17, 2012
sanb: Most people don't go into marriage with divorce at the back of their mind....

Marriage is like knowledge and you never stop acquiring knowledge. You learn something new everyday when married and you can't stop learning about your partner on a daily basis.
That reply was just a comic. You're right! *subcribing to the viewing centre* Myne please take over!
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 17, 2012

1 Like

Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by chucky234(m): 10:31pm On Nov 17, 2012
People in love care for each other in
ways they have never cared for
someone before. They feel a sense of
responsibility for another person that
they have never felt before. It feels so
good to put another’s needs above
your own. To do so is to love deeply.

1 Like

Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2012
You got it...
binger: you are just sounding uninformed...Yes,Love dies when you don't work on it.Your actions and in-actions can kill it.Your inveterate habits and character can cripple it.Love can diminish into thin air with time if there is no sustenance.
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by MyneWhite1(f): 10:37pm On Nov 17, 2012
Marriage is about agreement and about working together, so how can one do this if they don't know their own personality?

As much of a romantic as I am, I agree that love needs some work if a couple is to match themselves as partners and teammates. For instance, my hubby's organizational skills help us to remain on point with our finances and various schedules, and my more chilled outlook keeps up the fun and spontaneity. But there's something else I like which I think is also necessary, we can switch it up. Like when he gave me a birthday surprise, or when I'm the one driving some of our responsibilities.

I don't put much stock in talk of gender differences or roles, I'm more about knowing who you are as an individual. And then as a couple with your SO, you find out what works for you, with mutual respect. This makes you appreciate that a different perspective from the other person in a relationship is not a gender war, or a call to battle, it could be just another aspect of their personality to discover.
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by chucky234(m): 10:41pm On Nov 17, 2012
The Core Values of all successful
loving relationships are at the heart of
the matter. If you and your mate
master these values, your love will, in
all probability, last a lifetime with Happy ending.
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 17, 2012
sanb: You got it...
*Smiles*
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by DExplorer1: 10:44pm On Nov 17, 2012
Myne White: Marriage is about agreement and about working together, so how can one do this if they don't know their own personality?

As much of a romantic as I am, I agree that love needs some work if a couple is to match themselves as partners and teammates. For instance, my hubby's organizational skills help us to remain on point with our finances and various schedules, and my more chilled outlook keeps up the fun and spontaneity. But there's something else I like which I think is also necessary, we can switch it up. Like when he gave me a birthday surprise, or when I'm the one driving some of our responsibilities.

I don't put much stock in talk of gender differences or roles, I'm more about knowing who you are as an individual. And then as a couple with your SO, you find out what works for you, with mutual respect. This makes you appreciate that a different perspective from the other person in a relationship is not a gender war, or a call to battle, it could be just another aspect of their personality to discover.
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
Do you really think you love your spouse? Here is the best proof of Love-Trust.If you don't trust him,you don't really love him/her
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
Nicely said....
Myne White: Marriage is about agreement and about working together, so how can one do this if they don't know their own personality?

Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by DExplorer1: 10:48pm On Nov 17, 2012

Spot on!
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 17, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by MyneWhite1(f): 10:52pm On Nov 17, 2012
A winning relationship is not solely about love. You just have to look around to see several relationships where love comes out the loser because the two people involved are not on the same page. And this is where being friends as well as lovers comes in.

One thing I like about the idea of being friends before lovers is that it gives the two people involved the opportunity to get to know each other with less of the pretense people put forward due to instant romantic attraction that leads quickly to a relationship. Also, the best long-term relationships are those where the couple are friends in addition to lovers, where the couple will be able to spend long periods together without getting on each other's nerves.

2 Likes

Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by MyneWhite1(f): 10:57pm On Nov 17, 2012
The fact that a lot of romantic relationships start off as friendships is one reason many people believe that men and women could never just have a purely platonic friendship. Unless two friends of the opposite sex consider each other "brothers" and "sisters", or they don't usually see things through a common perspective, it is highly likely that they're secretly lusting after each other. If it's not happening yet, just give it time. When two people spend good, quality time together, more often than not, physical attraction follows.

1 Like

Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by chucky234(m): 11:03pm On Nov 17, 2012
Real love never dies,that doesn't
mean that all will be "Happy Ever
After".
Guess something just wasn't meant to keep us together,but that is certainly not love dying.
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 17, 2012
Myne White: When two people spend good, quality time together, more often than not, physical attraction follows.
i completely agree on this.Spending time together, often times,pulls u both together
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 17, 2012
The first duty of Love is to Listen-Be sensitive and receptive to your spouse's opinion(s)

1 Like

Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 17, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by MyneWhite1(f): 11:42pm On Nov 17, 2012
binger: Do you really think you love your spouse? Here is the best proof of Love-Trust.If you don't trust him,you don't really love him/her

Totally agree.

I once retweeted this - "A relationship without trust is like a phone without service, all you do is play games" and someone asked me, "And what is the definition of trust?" I found it interesting that I had to stop and think about my answer. It is generally assumed that trust is important in any relationship and we're all quick to trot it out when listing qualities of a good relationship. But we forget that trust is very multifaceted, and means different things to different people. My final response was, "trust is believing the relationship and the person in it with you mean good for you. Always."

1 Like

Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by k2039: 12:44am On Nov 18, 2012
For me I believe divorce is predictable,you can easily tell a marriage that will fail from the onset of the marriage
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by Beync(f): 10:34am On Nov 18, 2012
D-Explorer:

That's interesting my dear. That was why i "LOL" at the end. You're right to an extent but people does graduate in the real sense.
I don’t think one can graduate from marriage because it’s a life time learning institution. Except u r referring to divorce and that means that marriage has failed. If u graduate from something means u are thru with it. so marriage is not to be graduated from, rather you continue to grow to advancement, to more fulfilled, satisfying happy married life.

The importance of friendship before marriage cannot be over emphasized.friendship allows you to know you selves better before you can decide whether or not to go into marriage. your spouse should be your best friend not colleagues or other relations. if your partner is not fit to be your best friend then you have no business being together except your are in for benefits.And If each partners can make their main concern to be pleasing one another and giving one another then happiness is rest assured.
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by jhydebaba(m): 10:49am On Nov 18, 2012
Marriage is just too complex undecided
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by 190: 6:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
What exactly is going on here

Everyone is just talking and making noise
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by Rhymez(m): 9:06pm On Nov 18, 2012
Dont marry someone for his/her physical appearance. Cos when one part is default, ur love will crumble.
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by 190theclown: 9:24pm On Nov 18, 2012
190: What exactly is going on here

Everyone is just talking and making noise

Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by DExplorer1: 9:27pm On Nov 18, 2012
Beync:
I don't think one can graduate from marriage because it's a life time learning institution. Except u r referring to divorce and that means that marriage has failed. If u graduate from something means u are thru with it. so marriage is not to be graduated from, rather you continue to grow to advancement, to more fulfilled, satisfying happy married life.

The importance of friendship before marriage cannot be over emphasized.friendship allows you to know you selves better before you can decide whether or not to go into marriage. your spouse should be your best friend not colleagues or other relations. if your partner is not fit to be your best friend then you have no business being together except your are in for benefits.And If each partners can make their main concern to be pleasing one another and giving one another then happiness is rest assured.
I think i appreciate your views. My drift about the word "graduate" is more positive than -ve. When i see couples celebrates silver, golden jubilee etc while being together is my perfect sample of graduated couples and not necessarily a seperation. How about that?
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by nikkyshyne(f): 9:29pm On Nov 18, 2012
190: What exactly is going on here
Re: Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] by DExplorer1: 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2012
nikkyshyne: .
Nike darling!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It Is Advisable To Marry A Lady While Still In School. / Help! My 18 Year Old Sister Is In A Blood Convenant / My Thought:80% Of Guys On Nairaland Are Yoruba Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.