Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,817 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:05 PM

Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One (1490 Views)

Two Brave Yoruba Men Standing Firm In Opposition / US Did Not Give Buhari Any Oil Thieves' List - Punch / Us Did Not Predict Nigeria’s Break-up In 2015 – Ambassador Mcculley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by truth4meal(m): 7:02pm On Nov 17, 2012
Do you know that: Warren Buffet owns the largest private jet manufacturing firm in the US.

Yet he has never flown in one because he says "everyone who says they need a private jet to make important appointments is a liar".

"They need it for their ego. Name me one of them busier than I am who owns more US corporations than I do".

"I travel constantly across the US and the world in commercial jetliners, live in the same house since the 70s, still buy $9 ties and $75 suits and still drive my 22 year old immaculately maintained Lincoln".

Buffet is one voice in the world of economy that is respected world wide. He even paid a tenth of his earning to charities. He almost single-handedly bankrupted British economy on that 'Black Wednesday' with his forex trading on pound sterling's fall, when UK left European Union money market.

All the pastors now feasting instead of fasting, who chose to dine in the palace of Egypt as against towing Moses' path of staying with the people of God; flying in jet, as if that is the means of going up in rapture, why don't you learn a lesson or two from an 'Ass' like Balaam?

So, if a man with a fortune that can dwarf the entire money, put together, either stolen or exhorted by the club of jet owners, can fly commercial jetliners, what stops our men of God from doing the same?

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/articles-mainmenu/13349-re-all-general-overseers-must-go-to-prison-pastor-tunde-bakare
Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by truth4meal(m): 7:17pm On Nov 17, 2012
This is coming from a man richer than all the jet owners in Nigeria - the politicians who are suppose to lead us are corrupt, religious leaders who are suppose to guide us are corrupt. This is a blatant case of a failed nation
Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by truth4meal(m): 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2012
Something tells me this impending revolution will start from the church -

1 Like

Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 17, 2012
Interesting, coming from a man whose personal fortune is twice our national budget.

1 Like

Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
truth4meal: Something tells me this impending revolution will start from the church -

^^^Sounds plausible though undecided; have a picture in my head of the fat/well suited General Overseer beginning a sermon (on the importance of paying your 10% tithe wink) to a hungry and angry angry angry looking congregation; and all of a sudden one red-eyed member jumps up from his seat in the middle of the church.....raises a heavy stick above his head that he's kept hidden all along, and screams "REVOLUTIOOOON!"......and on cue, the whole church raises in unison (with sticks, clubs and matchetes suddenly appearing out of nowhere) screaming and baying for the fat Pastors blood.....the leader of the revolution points sharply at the Pastor up at the podium (who by now is wide-eyed with fear and has just wet his pants) and shouts "LET'S GERRIM!".....and with shouts of 'barawo!' 'ole!' and 'onye oshi!', they all rush him and proceed to give him the beating of his life.

Sounds crazy but plausible, don't you think? smiley

1 Like

Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by truth4meal(m): 10:38pm On Nov 17, 2012
I believe our religious leaders has a lot to learn from Jesus encounter with the devil when the later took him to d mountain and offered him the private jets, mansions, and bentleys of this world
Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by Wadeoye(m): 10:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
truth4meal: Something tells me this impending revolution will start from the church -

Na lie, nothing will start from the church. How will brainwashed followers instigate any revolution? We have heard them on social network - all they would say is touch not my annointed. They keep dancing every Sundays and dancing while the country crumbles.
Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by Callotti: 10:52pm On Nov 17, 2012
The difference between a BLACK man and a WHITE man! kiss
One lives as a manufacturer of ideas, and the other dies a consumer of products! grin

1 Like

Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by sheyguy: 10:53pm On Nov 17, 2012
Where were u guys when Some of these churches bought fleet of large buses for their congregation? Or if people didn't buy Warren Buffet's jet will he be the owner of the biggest jet manufacturing co.? Besides i don't think we need to wait until the government bans Cars b4 we start thinking in the right direction. . .
Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by sheyguy: 10:56pm On Nov 17, 2012
Callotti: The difference between a BLACK man and a WHITE man! kiss
One lives as a manufacturer of ideas, and the other dies a consumer of products! grin
Then who manufactures the products?
Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by tpia1: 11:03pm On Nov 17, 2012
dont get what the thread is about.
Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by Super1759: 11:18pm On Nov 17, 2012
please you people should leave this pastors and their jets alone. If your maga pay, no be to deh rejoice? Use the money flex. If you have money for jet and its a priority, good! Go and buy.
Amokachi,am sure he enjoyed his jet very well and now enjoying his keke as well
Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by RickyRoss1(m): 6:12am On Nov 18, 2012

I would be happy to be at the church when the revolution will start. Problem is, 90% of the church goers abi tithe payers will not come to nairaland to read our post, so how do you pass the message??
Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by since1914(m): 12:00pm On Nov 18, 2012
I will not comment about religious leaders with private jets...I leave them to their immediate congregation, and if those ones do not see anything abnormal in funding their Pastor's Jet-life, then who am I to complain. But one thing am sure of is that I will never use my hard-earned money fund any pastor's Jet cravings.

As for Businessmen, I believe there should be a temporal 'Prize' or some sort of reward for success. And having a private Jet could be one of them. If a man works hard all his life to create Billions of Dollars, the least he can do for himself is to enjoy some of the best things his money can afford him. It should only be an issue when he starts avoiding his social responsibilities in lieu of a Jet-life. But so long as he meets the social responsibilities that society demands of his 'status', then I see nothing wrong Businessmen owning jets.

If Buffet doesn't want a jet, it is not because he thinks it is bad to own one but rather because of his personality. He is a very prudent person by nature, and he is also very unassuming. But for me personally, I will find it very difficult not to own a private Jet if I were a multi-billionaire.
Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by truth4meal(m): 12:43pm On Nov 18, 2012
sheyguy: Where were u guys when Some of these churches bought fleet of large buses for their congregation? Or if people didn't buy Warren Buffet's jet will he be the owner of the biggest jet manufacturing co.? Besides i don't think we need to wait until the government bans Cars b4 we start thinking in the right direction. . .
the last time I chked the large buses were not free fare-at least I knw of winners chapel its not free. Warren Buffet is a business man one way or the other he will sell his jets or he will drop the biz.
Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by truth4meal(m): 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
since_1914: I will not comment about religious leaders with private jets...I leave them to their immediate congregation, and if those ones do not see anything abnormal in funding their Pastor's Jet-life, then who am I to complain. But one thing am sure of is that I will never use my money to mislead any man of God.

As for Businessmen, I believe there should be a temporal 'Prize' or some sort of reward for success. And having a private Jet could be one of them. If a man works hard all his life to create Billions of Dollars, the least he can do for himself is to enjoy some of the best things his money can afford him. It should only be an issue when he starts avoiding his social responsibilities in lieu of a Jet-life. But so long as he meets the social responsibilities that society demands of his 'status', then I see nothing wrong with it.

If Buffet doesn't want a jet, it is not because he thinks it is bad to own one but rather because of his personality. He is a very prudent person by nature, and he is also very unassuming. But for me personally, I will find it very difficult not to own a private Jet if I were a multi-billionaire.
are you saying pastors are businessmen? There is nothing wrong with an individual acquiring a jet as long as he or she did not siphon money in the name of God and at the gullible expense of d congregation
Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by truth4meal(m): 12:49pm On Nov 18, 2012
tpia1: dont get what the thread is about.
you have the opportunity to re-read as many times as you wish till u understnd dat ego fuels d nid for a jet amongst our pastors not cos its nided for the spread of the gospel
Re: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by Wadeoye(m): 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

I would be happy to be at the church when the revolution will start. Problem is, 90% of the church goers abi tithe payers will not come to nairaland to read our post, so how do you pass the message??

Majority of the followers are as corrupt as their pastors - they are all looking for shortcut to wealth/properity in the name of miracle.

(1) (Reply)

future:The ideas God gave me became $100 billion investment in nigeria By Musiwa / The Passion For Gov.akpabio By Eko Ole / Zik’s Son Cant Sleep In His Father’s House Because Its In Ruins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.