Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,167 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (799080 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by theHanafis(m): 1:58pm On Jul 11, 2023
I'm trying that at the moment. Checking periodically to see if earlier dates could pop up.

My employer can email the Consul General, because they recently told me they're doing their best on their end. I'm applying via the Abuja vfs center though.

Can you confirm if this email: visas.abuja-amba@diplomatie.gouv.fr is that of the Abuja Consul General?

Regarding travel health insurance, vfs told me it isn't necessary and only requirements that were mentioned on the French visa application site are mandatory.

An ID photograph is required for the talent visa. Can one use the national ID card for this requirement?

And lastly, can one book for appointment and lounge separately?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2023
Generally the visa processing time is about 14 working days but because France has a fast turnaround time, I can see why you are asking.

The summer rush might be contributing to this timeline but until you get your passport and confirm, I'm afraid there's no other way to predict.

enny421:
Hello everyone,its exactly 2weeks and 2days that i have submitted my france visa application at the vfs in abuja,and till now its still under processing.
Its taking time already,should i be worried about this?
Just anxious

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 3:50pm On Jul 11, 2023
theHanafis:
I'm trying that at the moment. Checking periodically to see if earlier dates could pop up.
👍

My employer can email the Consul General, because they recently told me they're doing their best on their end. I'm applying via the Abuja vfs center though.
That's great. I think this will help.

Can you confirm if this email: visas.abuja-amba@diplomatie.gouv.fr is that of the Abuja Consul General?
Not sure. Searched and saw: amb.abuja-amba@diplomatie.gouv.fr

You can try both.

Regarding travel health insurance, vfs told me it isn't necessary and only requirements that were mentioned on the French visa application site are mandatory.
Up to you!

An ID photograph is required for the talent visa. Can one use the national ID card for this requirement?
Sounds Ok to me. Any national issued ID should work including National ID, Drivers License etc.

Yes. If you don't book them together online, that's OK. On the day of your appointment, you can choose to use the premium lounge and pay for that. Note they don't accept cash or transfer!

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Africankel(m): 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2023
enny421:
Hello everyone,its exactly 2weeks and 2days that i have submitted my france visa application at the vfs in abuja,and till now its still under processing.
Its taking time already,should i be worried about this?
Just anxious

Two weeks is a long time for France to process a visa application. Be sure you have not submitted suspicious documents, this may be the reason for the delay.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by enny421: 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
Newbiein2016:

Generally the visa processing time is about 14 working days but because France has a fast turnaround time, I can see why you are asking.

The summer rush might be contributing to this timeline but until you get your passport and confirm, I'm afraid there's no other way to predict.

Thank you for the response,probably the 2days salah break affected.i submitted 2 days before the salah break,apparently,its 10 working days today

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by nneteb(f): 7:28pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hello for your to be eligible for a talent passport, you have to get the following requirements,
* Gross annual pay of at least twice the statutory national minimum wage (SMIC), i.e. €41,933 as of May 1, 2023.
* A permanent employment contract or a fixed-term employment contract for at least three months with an employer established in France.
* A qualification equivalent to a master’s degree obtained in France.

if you meet the requirement for 1 and 2, item 3 might be an issue for you if you don't have a degree certificate obtained in France which is a most.

so you will need to apply for another type of passport.

I am a student in France and i know for someone to get a talent passport you most have the 3 requirements especially item 3
theHanafis:
Hi Guys!

I recently got a job in France and I'm applying for the French passeport talent visa. My host, the company will cover all cost (accommodation + cash on arrival + flight ticket + reimbursement of visa processing cost). I'm aware that I'm to provide travel document (passport), ID photograph, contract agreement from the host, and highest degree certificate as requested from the visa application site.

Do I need to ask my employer to book the flight before my appointment date in order to show travel itinerary?, and ask them for the paid 1-month accommodation?

Also, what other documents do I need? travel health insurance? if yes, can I apply for it online, make payment and printout a slip as evidence for the insurance?

Anyone with experience regarding passeport talent application?

I would be glad if someone could find time to provide me with some answers to my questions.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Blessedsteph: 9:06pm On Jul 11, 2023
Please stay awake and try to search for dates between 12 midnight and 2am. I understand that is when they open up available dates that people dropped. All the best.
theHanafis:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by theHanafis(m): 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2023
[quote author=Newbiein2016 post=124356463][/quote]

My employer has sent them a letter already and they called.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by theHanafis(m): 11:37pm On Jul 11, 2023
nneteb:
Hello for your to be eligible for a talent passport, you have to get the following requirements,
* Gross annual pay of at least twice the statutory national minimum wage (SMIC), i.e. €41,933 as of May 1, 2023.

Yeah, minimum should be that amount for the passeport talent visa.

* A permanent employment contract or a fixed-term employment contract for at least three months with an employer established in France.

Yeah they are established in France.

* A qualification equivalent to a master’s degree obtained in France.

I have a PhD (though not from France) and my employer asked me to apply for passeport talent visa. So, I don't think it's a must.

if you meet the requirement for 1 and 2, item 3 might be an issue for you if you don't have a degree certificate obtained in France which is a most.

so you will need to apply for another type of passport.

I am a student in France and i know for someone to get a talent passport you most have the 3 requirements especially item 3
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by theHanafis(m): 12:03am On Jul 12, 2023
Still got some few more questions.

I have another offer on the table from a high tech company in Singapore that pays way better than the one I previously got in France. Benefits, Bonuses (including sign on bonus), relocation allowance and company's profile is better. Should one choose France simply because of long term benefit and is Europe or the Singapore option is better?

Also, I'm currently interviewing with another high tech company that will base me in Manchester or Munich, which I'm interested in because of the company's profile and location. Is it advisable to wait for this company which might take 3 months or even more to finalize the offer + visa application or one should just hustle to either of the first two companies, and then switch when this Manchester/Munich offer materialize?

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by fela1000: 12:13am On Jul 12, 2023
Hello my brothers
Pls I need your help. I need to make a flight reservation for France I’m applying from Uk.
Looking forward to your response I have till 3pm tomorrow so I will come and be refreshing this page.
God Almighty be with us always, We shall never Labour in vain. Amen.
Thanks.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by fela1000: 12:34am On Jul 12, 2023
Pls my bro do you pay for the flight reservation on klm. Pls how do you do it?
Biometrics- 21st July
Pickup Mail - 4th July
UPS delivered- 7th July
I got 10 days multiple entry (I applied for 5 days)
longest I have had to wait for a Visa.

Documents submitted

Data Passport
Application form
Hotel reservations
Flight reservation on KLM
CAC documents
Landed property documents
House property documents bought
Car Papers
(All properties bought in my Name)
Work ID card (I work for myself, but I have workers )
Leave approval letter from my Staff (HR)
3 months statements on my personal account
3 months statements on my business account
3 months statements on my Domiciliary.
Insurance paid for 5 days
My daughters birth certificate (she’s Brazilian)
Pictures of myself, and my daughter.
Cover letter explaining, I’ll be going for my birthday, and my daughter will be with my mom, when I am away.
I didn’t book, or pay for any tours.
Previous Visas (Schengen, Brazil, Dubai, SA etc)…
NB:
I have been to france, but through another country…
This is the first time I am applying through France .
Itinerary, and full details of my activities in 5 days was also included.

God bless you all for your contribution here, it helped.

[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 4:47am On Jul 12, 2023
Ultimately, this boils down to you and what you value.

Personally, there are non negotiables for me and things like company profile, values, market stability and overall long term goal will drive my decision making.

With rising cost of living, a decision like this needs to be carefully weighed: right now Singapore is classed as more expensive that Paris, so you spend more of your take home to maintain yourself than in Paris (this means other French cities are also less expensive). In the same context, if the take home in Singapore is way better (after subtraction of living expenses), and it meets your non negotiables, I'd consider it strongly.

Other things like pathway to residency etc. (If that's your thing) can also be considered.

If you haven't already, try speaking to a few employees to get a sense of the work culture - might really help you with this.

Additionally since the Manchester/Munich offer hasn't materialized, realistically you need to only be thinking about the physical offers you have on hand.

Ultimately, as stated above the decision should be made with long term benefit (& economic stability) in mind.

Given you are a highly skilled person, accepting a job offer abroad and exiting in 3 months for something else is something I'll advise strongly against. It's just a case of bad faith acting IMO and I know folks might advise you do this and lookout for yourself but that's just my personal opinion.

theHanafis:
Still got some few more questions.

I have another offer on the table from a high tech company in Singapore that pays way better than the one I previously got in France. Benefits, Bonuses (including sign on bonus), relocation allowance and company's profile is better. Should one choose France simply because of long term benefit and is Europe or the Singapore option is better?

Also, I'm currently interviewing with another high tech company that will base me in Manchester or Munich, which I'm interested in because of the company's profile and location. Is it advisable to wait for this company which might take 3 months or even more to finalize the offer + visa application or one should just hustle to either of the first two companies, and then switch when this Manchester/Munich offer materialize?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 4:51am On Jul 12, 2023
Don't pay for any flight without a confirmed visa.

Check AF/KLM to see if you can book on hold or even try wakanow.com to get an itinerary.

fela1000:
Hello my brothers
Pls I need your help. I need to make a flight reservation for France I’m applying from Uk.
Looking forward to your response I have till 3pm tomorrow so I will come and be refreshing this page.
God Almighty be with us always, We shall never Labour in vain. Amen.
Thanks.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by fela1000: 8:30am On Jul 12, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Don't pay for any flight without a confirmed visa.

Check AF/KLM to see if you can book on hold or even try wakanow.com to get an itinerary.

Thank you my bro for your response. Pls how can I go about the wakanow, kindly put me through God Almighty be with you always and forever Amen 🙏
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by enny421: 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2023
Africankel:

Two weeks is a long time for France to process a visa application. Be sure you have not submitted suspicious documents, this may be the reason for the delay.
b

No,i didn't submit any suspicious documents,still waiting patiently.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 12:49pm On Jul 12, 2023
- Visit the website www.wakanow.com
- Search for flights from your location in the UK to the location in France e.g. if departing from London and heading to Paris, input that.
- Once the fares pop up, proceed with making a booking and chose the pay at the bank option. This will ensure a flight itinerary is set to your email.
- Use this itinerary for your visa application.

fela1000:

Thank you my bro for your response. Pls how can I go about the wakanow, kindly put me through God Almighty be with you always and forever Amen 🙏
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Soraco57(m): 9:19am On Jul 13, 2023
hello morning, i try to book an appoinmtment for my brother this morning, i make the appoinment fees and it was deducted from my account but no appointmnet nothing , is the money gone, any one who has gone through this thing should assist me how best i can sort this issue, this is the is the message i got

Dear Customer,

Please note that your appointment for Unique Reference Number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX is declined due to payment failure

Note: This appointment will be regulated by the Refund ‘General Conditions’ and the ‘Eligibility Criteria’ as mentioned on the VFS Global website. If you require any assistance, please contact our helpline.

Thank you.

Regards,

Visa Application Centre Helpdesk Team

Helpline Number : +2348150188800

Email: Info.ptng@vfshelpline.com

how can i solve this and money has been deducted
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by kolidave: 9:32am On Jul 13, 2023
Soraco57:
hello morning, i try to book an appoinmtment for my brother this morning, i make the appoinment fees and it was deducted from my account but no appointmnet nothing , is the money gone, any one who has gone through this thing should assist me how best i can sort this issue, this is the is the message i got

Dear Customer,

Please note that your appointment for Unique Reference Number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX is declined due to payment failure

Note: This appointment will be regulated by the Refund ‘General Conditions’ and the ‘Eligibility Criteria’ as mentioned on the VFS Global website. If you require any assistance, please contact our helpline.

Thank you.

Regards,

Visa Application Centre Helpdesk Team

Helpline Number : +2348150188800

Email: Info.ptng@vfshelpline.com

how can i solve this and money has been deducted

Mail your bank and Flutterwave also

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Soraco57(m): 9:35am On Jul 13, 2023
will they refund it? thanks

kolidave:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Soraco57(m): 9:49am On Jul 13, 2023
kolidave:

thanks for your response, please how can i get the email to flutterwaves and how best can i sort the issues of this appointment
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ezinnescarlet4: 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2023
Hello House

I have a biometric appointment on the 10th of August, which was supposed to be on the 10th of July but I rescheduled it to the 10th of August, can I use the Statement of account I printed for the 1st of July or do I need to wait and print another close to the date of biometric
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by seankafor(m): 3:56pm On Jul 13, 2023
Ezinnescarlet4:
Hello House

I have a biometric appointment on the 10th of August, which was supposed to be on the 10th of July but I rescheduled it to the 10th of August, can I use the Statement of account I printed for the 1st of July or do I need to wait and print another close to the date of biometric
mine and yours coincides, is your application center Muhammad buhari way Abuja?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Soraco57(m): 8:33pm On Jul 13, 2023
which bank card is good for making payment for appointment
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Candybright: 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2023
Soraco57:
which bank card is good for making payment for appointment
how much is the fee now? I heard it's been increased
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Chiomaleo: 9:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
enny421:
b

No,i didn't submit any suspicious documents,still waiting patiently.

Same here, I submitted on 25th june.. still nothing till now.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 11:27pm On Jul 13, 2023
Please help.! I am trying to fill a new application and got to.thr part of previous biometric visa number , I added the NGA code and the ) digits and it keeps saying incorrect. I don't know what I am doing wrong .
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ezinnescarlet4: 8:20am On Jul 14, 2023
seankafor:
mine and yours coincides, is your application center Muhammad buhari way Abuja?
\

No, Lekki Lagos
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
to france? lagos or abuja

Chiomaleo:

Same here, I submitted on 25th june.. still nothing till now.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
you only need to add the country were u got the previous visa if it France use FRA
puffmama:
Please help.! I am trying to fill a new application and got to.thr part of previous biometric visa number , I added the NGA code and the ) digits and it keeps saying incorrect. I don't know what I am doing wrong .
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 12:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
The earliest appointment I found is 1st of September, is there a possibility of getting an earlier date if there is a cancellation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (386) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: jarrot(m), Chigirl23401 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.