Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,374 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (792716 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (382) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
[

Thank you so much

quote author=pufframmy post=124414673]you only need to add the country were u got the previous visa if it France use FRA
[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Chiomaleo: 4:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
pufframmy:
to france? lagos or abuja

In vfs lagos office

The delay is really tiring
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by enny421: 6:24pm On Jul 14, 2023
25th of june was on a sunday,do they collect submission on sundays.which centre did you submit,Lagos or abuja?
I submitted on 26th if june till now nothing too
Chiomaleo:

Same here, I submitted on 25th june.. still nothing till now.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Chiomaleo: 10:27pm On Jul 14, 2023
enny421:
25th of june was on a sunday,do they collect submission on sundays.which centre did you submit,Lagos or abuja?
I submitted on 26th if june till now nothing too

Oh no, i meant 26th june, on monday.
At manor house.
Was yours in lagos as well??

Study or tourist visa?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by enny421: 11:05pm On Jul 14, 2023
Tourist,mine was in abuja 26th of june.
Chiomaleo:

Oh no, i meant 26th june, on monday.
At manor house.
Was yours in lagos as well??

Study or tourist visa?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by icagbons: 11:54am On Jul 15, 2023
Good day to all the Guru in the house.
I have booked my appointment for biometrics and the date given is 29th of August. My question is do I need to upload any document online or I will upload them at their center when I go for biometrics appointment.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sihamey: 4:56pm On Jul 15, 2023
icagbons:
Good day to all the Guru in the house.
I have booked my appointment for biometrics and the date given is 29th of August. My question is do I need to upload any document online or I will upload them at their center when I go for biometrics appointment.
You do not need to upload any documents just go with them to VFS they will collect it from you including your passport
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by icagbons: 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2023
sihamey:

You do not need to upload any documents just go with them to VFS they will collect it from you including your passport

Thank you very much for your reply
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Notimeshow(m): 1:44am On Jul 16, 2023
theHanafis:
Still got some few more questions.

I have another offer on the table from a high tech company in Singapore that pays way better than the one I previously got in France. Benefits, Bonuses (including sign on bonus), relocation allowance and company's profile is better. Should one choose France simply because of long term benefit and is Europe or the Singapore option is better?

Also, I'm currently interviewing with another high tech company that will base me in Manchester or Munich, which I'm interested in because of the company's profile and location. Is it advisable to wait for this company which might take 3 months or even more to finalize the offer + visa application or one should just hustle to either of the first two companies, and then switch when this Manchester/Munich offer materialize?

Bro pls how can u teach me to apply for some company pls God will help u too,
I sent u mail request
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by seankafor(m): 10:11am On Jul 16, 2023
Hello anyone else having issues with viewing his/appointment in the VFS website?

https://row4.vfsglobal.com/GAR1Ph1Appt/Home/SearchAppointment
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Candybright: 11:58am On Jul 16, 2023
sihamey:

Don't forget to fill your form online.
How much is the appointment fee now?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by amaka157: 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2023
Good evening fam,
Please, am trying to fill the online visa application form for my niece but having difficulty at the point where she's to talk about previous schengen visas. She actually submitted application for Norway visit visa last year but her application was denied. Now I ticked NO for any previous schengen visa and YES that she had previously had her finger prints taken for schengen visa I also indicated the date of her previous biometric but as I tried to proceed to the next page , I got an error message that I must input her last visa number
Please how do I solve this problem
TIA
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sihamey: 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2023
Candybright:

Don't forget to fill your form online.
How much is the appointment fee now?
I heard VFS has increased their fee recently but I don’t know the actual cost
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 9:56am On Jul 17, 2023
Good morning everyone , please is there an option of getting a faster appointment date , the earliest I found in Abuja is Sept 1st..
Also is there an option of keep my passport till visa is approved at the France embassy.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yerilistik: 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2023
amaka157:
Good evening fam,
Please, am trying to fill the online visa application form for my niece but having difficulty at the point where she's to talk about previous schengen visas. She actually submitted application for Norway visit visa last year but her application was denied. Now I ticked NO for any previous schengen visa and YES that she had previously had her finger prints taken for schengen visa I also indicated the date of her previous biometric but as I tried to proceed to the next page , I got an error message that I must input her last visa number
Please how do I solve this problem
TIA
Tick "No" to previous fingerprints to enable you move forward. That was what I did when i applied for my mum few months ago and the visa was given. Since her visa for Norway was denied, the fingerprint taken then has gone to the dustbin. So tick "No" to previous fingerprints.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yerilistik: 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2023
puffmama:
Good morning everyone , please is there an option of getting a faster appointment date , the earliest I found in Abuja is Sept 1st..
Also is there an option of keep my passport till visa is approved at the France embassy.
For UK visas yes these options exist but for France visas through VFS, unfortunately no. You must submit your passport and I am not aware of any priority fast service options.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by amaka157: 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2023
yerilistik:

Tick "No" to previous fingerprints to enable you move forward. That was what I did when i applied for my mum few months ago and the visa was given. Since her visa for Norway was denied, the fingerprint taken then has gone to the dustbin. So tick "No" to previous fingerprints.

Wow... thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2023
it not VFS it the naira floating so the Embassy update their fees

sihamey:

I heard VFS has increased their fee recently but I don’t know the actual cost
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2023
nothing like keep my passport for schengen

puffmama:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by amaka157: 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hi,
So my niece also wrote a letter explaining her previous rejected visa to Norway.. . please is this a good idea?

Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by seankafor(m): 5:54pm On Jul 17, 2023
yerilistik:

For UK visas yes these options exist but for France visas through VFS, unfortunately no. You must submit your passport and I am not aware of any priority fast service options.
so after the submission if passport 🛂, when will you collect it? Will they inform you when it's ready for collection?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yerilistik: 8:06pm On Jul 17, 2023
seankafor:
so after the submission if passport 🛂, when will you collect it? Will they inform you when it's ready for collection?
sure, you will be informed when the passport returns from the embassy to the VSF and if you have chosen passport return by courrier services, it will be delivered to your preferred address.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 9:51pm On Jul 17, 2023
Thank you , what would you do . Will you go ahead with the Sept 1st date and hope the passport is returned before the other trip you are to embark on the 14th that you already have a ticket to an event you can't miss .

yerilistik:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yerilistik: 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2023
puffmama:
Thank you , what would you do . Will you go ahead with the Sept 1st date and hope the passport is returned before the other trip you are to embark on the 14th that you already have a ticket to an event you can't miss .

I would risk it and go ahead with the scheduled dates because France processes thier visa applications faster than UK and in most cases you get your passport back within 10 days. But i will not opt for courrier delivery because that may disappoint. Just have to be prepared at all times to quickly dash to the VSF to retrieve your passport once you get the alert that passport is ready.
The courrier delivery is a 2 way thing : you may be lucky to have them deliver it the next day but some people have been unlucky to no get thier passports delivered even after 3 days or more.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by seankafor(m): 7:07am On Jul 18, 2023
yerilistik:

sure, you will be informed when the passport returns from the embassy to the VSF and if you have chosen passport return by courrier services, it will be delivered to your preferred address.
so it's on your passport 🛂 you will know if you got the visa or not
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sihamey: 7:25am On Jul 18, 2023
yerilistik:

I would risk it and go ahead with the scheduled dates because France processes thier visa applications faster than UK and in most cases you get your passport back within 10 days. But i will not opt for courrier delivery because that may disappoint. Just have to be prepared at all times to quickly dash to the VSF to retrieve your passport once you get the alert that passport is ready.
The courrier delivery is a 2 way thing : you may be lucky to have them deliver it the next day but some people have been unlucky to no get thier passports delivered even after 3 days or more.
All passport are delivered by courier service if you apply for French visa nothing like to dash to VFS to pick your passport. They told me categorically at vfs
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yerilistik: 7:28am On Jul 18, 2023
seankafor:
so it's on your passport 🛂 you will know if you got the visa or not
yes you will have to open your passport and look at all the pages and see if you have visa apposed on one of the pages.
Normally if the visa is refused, your passport comes back with a paper to explain the motif behind the refusal so when you open the enveloppe and see only the passport, highly likely the visa was given but if you see a letter with the passport, it may not be good news
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yerilistik: 7:37am On Jul 18, 2023
sihamey:

All passport are delivered by courier service if you apply for French visa nothing like to dash to VFS to pick your passport. They told me categorically at vfs

I have collected my passport in person at the center before and it is also stated on thier website with an option of courrier services at an extra fee unless it has now changed :

Collect your passport
Receive your passport from the Visa Application Centre
View more
After a visa application decision has been made, you can pick up your documents from the Visa Application Centre or have your documents returned to you by courier for an additional fee.

Collecting your documents in person: bring the receipt issued by the Visa Application Centre and a form of Government identification. If permitted you may be able to send a representative to collect your documents; they will need to present a notarized authorization in writing (with full name, signature, passport number, place and date), valid identification issued by the government in original and copy for both, the authorized representative and the applicant (one copy of each to be kept at VAC).

Please check with the Visa Application Centre at time of your appointment for the options available to collect your documents.

When collecting your decision, please make sure to check that your envelope contains your documents, including originals. If you have been granted a visa, it will be affixed to your passport.

We kindly ask that you check the following information on the visa sticker:

Name and surname with correct spelling

Period of validity AND duration of stay. The duration of stay indicates how many days you are allowed to stay in the Schengen area.

Number of entries

Passport number

If there is a mistake on your visa sticker, please contact the VFS office or the Embassy as soon as possible.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/nor/apply-visa
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sihamey: 7:49am On Jul 18, 2023
yerilistik:

I have collected my passport in person at the center before and it is also stated on thier website with an option of courrier services at an extra fee unless it has now changed :

Collect your passport
Receive your passport from the Visa Application Centre
View more
After a visa application decision has been made, you can pick up your documents from the Visa Application Centre or have your documents returned to you by courier for an additional fee.

Collecting your documents in person: bring the receipt issued by the Visa Application Centre and a form of Government identification. If permitted you may be able to send a representative to collect your documents; they will need to present a notarized authorization in writing (with full name, signature, passport number, place and date), valid identification issued by the government in original and copy for both, the authorized representative and the applicant (one copy of each to be kept at VAC).

Please check with the Visa Application Centre at time of your appointment for the options available to collect your documents.

When collecting your decision, please make sure to check that your envelope contains your documents, including originals. If you have been granted a visa, it will be affixed to your passport.

We kindly ask that you check the following information on the visa sticker:

Name and surname with correct spelling

Period of validity AND duration of stay. The duration of stay indicates how many days you are allowed to stay in the Schengen area.

Number of entries

Passport number

If there is a mistake on your visa sticker, please contact the VFS office or the Embassy as soon as possible.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/nor/apply-visa
Which year was that ?
They were accepting pick up before but changed it after covid. If is still on their website they are yet to update it. It might be possible for VIP applicants

Mind you I’m taking of VFS for Schengen visa and I’m telling you what they told me two weeks ago when I visited VFS.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Blessedsteph: 7:51am On Jul 18, 2023
This is not true please. You have the option of going there to pick up your passport yourself or having courier deliver it to you.
I used vfs just last month and was able to collect our passports ourselves. And yes it’s France I applied through.

sihamey:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Blessedsteph: 7:55am On Jul 18, 2023
You obviously misunderstood them. I used vfs for Schengen visa just last month and picked up myself. Courier delivery is optional.
I can snap my collection printout and show you if you are still doubting.
I used vfs Abuja.
sihamey:

Which year was that ?
They were accepting pick up before but changed it after covid. If is still on their website they are yet to update it. It might be possible for VIP applicants

Mind you I’m taking of VFS for Schengen visa and I’m telling you what they told me two weeks ago when I visited VFS.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yerilistik: 7:56am On Jul 18, 2023
sihamey:

Which year was that ?

You may be right but my brother collected mine in person last year on my behalf. They are probably yet to update thier website as you said

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (382) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.