Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,490 members, 7,770,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:20 AM

Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. (23652 Views)

What Are The Things Never To Say To A Depressed Person? / 10 Things Never To Say To Your Child / How To End A Marriage In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by dnawah(m): 5:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
Freeopod: Good post at the right time, thinking of breaking up with my girlfrnd soonest.
xmas don dey come:-D
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 18, 2012
acidtalk:
* Never end any relationship with the believe that you can never come back together. A couple in Australia who married in 1964 and got divorced in 1980 and remarried in 2006. Time they say heals all wounds.

* Keeping Malice or totally ignoring a former partner is totally uncalled for. If you both agreed to part ways, it should also be okay to exchange greetings whenever your path crosses. If all broken relationships ended in wars, there will never be peace in the land.

* You shouldn't always remember the sad moments after your relationships. There were wonderful memories you had while it lasted so don't fill your thoughts with only the unhappy events. A heart occupied with sad memories can hardly be happy.

* Every Secret shared in the relationship should remain secret. Remember that if you expose secrets of your previous relationship to others due to anger, people will be wary on sharing their secrets with you for the fear of revealing it one day.

* Sending a text at least to wish your EX a happy birthday, New year or any festive season isn't a bad idea. It neither shows any sign of you wanting to come back or you trying to be remembered it but only shares sign of Maturity.

* Never demand back any gift or favor you gave to a partner. If you were nice enough to give or render such while the going was good, be matured enough to forget such favors after it ended. Don't also go about campaigning to others the help you did it only makes you appear immature and petty.

* Don't go condemning and criticizing the mistakes and flaws of your previous partner to the present one, it will make them careful and wary of you because they know you are likely to do same to them.

* When leaving a relationship, never SLAM the door behind you because you might one day need to pass through that same door. Remember that every successful person today was at one point or the other someone's EX. Afterall you won't want to go back to someone who you have cursed, insulted and maligned to ask for favors. Or don't you know Obasanjo, IBB, Jonathan, Barak Obama, Michiel Obama, bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Aliko Dangote, Femi Otedola, Lionel Messei, Mikel Obi and every other successful people are one person or another's ex.
Good write up! For that, you have earned my respect today. Whether you plagiarised it from somewhere (coz there is no source) or it came from your brains, its a masterpiece! its an article worthy of practicality..... Truth be told, I nearly had a break up today and I wanted to curse the girl out of this world over the phone. But this article made me not to. It redefined maturity for me. Thanks.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by acidtalk: 6:11pm On Nov 18, 2012
exxell: Good write up! For that, you have earned my respect today. Whether you plagiarised it from somewhere (coz there is no source) or it came from your brains, its a masterpiece! its an article worthy of practicality..... Truth be told, I nearly had a break up today and I wanted to curse the girl out of this world over the phone. But this article made me not to. It redefined maturity for me. Thanks.

I don't do copy and paste sir.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:11pm On Nov 18, 2012
Well done Acidtalk. One of the best reads on NL so far. At d end of the day, it all takes quite a level of maturity as one moves on from a breakup.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Orikinla(m): 6:14pm On Nov 18, 2012
acidtalk:
* Never end any relationship with the believe that you can never come back together. A couple in Australia who married in 1964 and got divorced in 1980 and remarried in 2006. Time they say heals all wounds.

* Keeping Malice or totally ignoring a former partner is totally uncalled for. If you both agreed to part ways, it should also be okay to exchange greetings whenever your path crosses. If all broken relationships ended in wars, there will never be peace in the land.

* You shouldn't always remember the sad moments after your relationships. There were wonderful memories you had while it lasted so don't fill your thoughts with only the unhappy events. A heart occupied with sad memories can hardly be happy.

* Every Secret shared in the relationship should remain secret. Remember that if you expose secrets of your previous relationship to others due to anger, people will be wary on sharing their secrets with you for the fear of revealing it one day.

* Sending a text at least to wish your EX a happy birthday, New year or any festive season isn't a bad idea. It neither shows any sign of you wanting to come back or you trying to be remembered it but only shares sign of Maturity.

* Never demand back any gift or favor you gave to a partner. If you were nice enough to give or render such while the going was good, be matured enough to forget such favors after it ended. Don't also go about campaigning to others the help you did it only makes you appear immature and petty.

* Don't go condemning and criticizing the mistakes and flaws of your previous partner to the present one, it will make them careful and wary of you because they know you are likely to do same to them.

* When leaving a relationship, never SLAM the door behind you because you might one day need to pass through that same door. Remember that every successful person today was at one point or the other someone's EX. Afterall you won't want to go back to someone who you have cursed, insulted and maligned to ask for favors. Or don't you know Obasanjo, IBB, Jonathan, Barak Obama, Michiel Obama, bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Aliko Dangote, Femi Otedola, Lionel Messei, Mikel Obi and every other successful people are one person or another's ex.

GREAT LESSONS FOR LIFE.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by uczay(m): 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
Truth be told, ex's are not suppose to be enemies. They can still be best of friends cus the world is so small u never know where u gonna cross paths again. This article is sure a masterpiece. Thumb Up....
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Ninilowo(m): 6:36pm On Nov 18, 2012
Yeah! Time heals wounds. I met with my sec sch ex and meeen!! It was fun all through.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by djeezy(m): 6:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
This is a nice and insightful post. I broke up with my girlfriend twice. We still communicate, care for each other. Keeping malice, getting enstranged and all that isn't the best thing to do. I understand that some people cut off every form of communication for fear that i will affect their current relationship. Whichever way, we all know what's good for us and make decisions based on that.

1 Like

Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by crossover(m): 6:46pm On Nov 18, 2012
This article is written out of experience. The basic rule is that you do everything possible not to breakup. Once it is done by act of omission or commission, you have got to watch every step of the other person very seriously. It is difficult for many of us to forgive especially most of our women. Even, when you reconcile, it's most likely that one will pay for the past, at times in a tragic way. Look around,examples abound everywhere.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by downcasted: 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2012
I do not agree with certain points from the-Op
Here is a recent post in regards to-me on an issue of an ex
Claiming we remain matured and begin all necessary forms of communication

Please Acidtalk and others take your time to-review the-first topic and
Now this second and new thread where she's asking us to_begin all forms of contact
which I have refused to_adhere to_not all ex's are meant to_be friends afterall
If the_breakup was on a mutual understanding then communications could be carried on

Please see my story here :

https://www.nairaland.com/1102989/ex-sends-me-message-after
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by rumours: 7:02pm On Nov 18, 2012
Pls never call criminals who have misruled this nation successful.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by greatgod2012(f): 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
I love this thread.
Good job there.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2012
Nice one acid, I like the 4th point and the last best! Good job grin
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by crackhaus: 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
Most of the comments I've read here seem to portray keeping in touch with an ex as a sign of 'Maturity', hmmmm, well call me the maverick but that's a load of crap. Then again, what do I know?

1 Like

Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Lawconfessor(f): 7:50pm On Nov 18, 2012
acidtalk:

No matter how informative a thread is, once its coming from me they just find a way og burying it. I no know why all the beefing and jealousy.

Truth! And honestly, hw ur threads re mostly handled maks me fink dat U re one big joker *For Real*

To be frank here, most of ur topics re really educating & informative.
Keep It Up.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by oses4u(m): 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2012
Thok: Nice and informative..
Where my fone, make i call Nnenna.
Dude u funny ooo. Its happens dat my Ex girl name na Nnenna too and we just broke up 3weeks ago. Wish u good luck.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by lwise(m): 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2012
@acidtalk
I like your write up but you forgot something.If you have determine to leave a relationship due to irreconcilable differences and reason best to you,please leave with all your heart.This is because you need to give your next relationship full attention.If you are in another relationship and you are getting closer with your EX,it could ruin your present relationship especially if he is the one that dis-virgin you.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by acidtalk: 8:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
lwise: @acidtalk
I like your write up but you forgot something.If you have determine to leave a relationship due to irreconcilable differences and reason best to you,please leave with all your heart.This is because you need to give your next relationship full attention.If you are in another relationship and you are getting closer with your EX,it could ruin your present relationship especially if he is the one that dis-virgin you.

Please don't get the message wrong. I didn't suggest you getting close. But I believe a text message once in 2-3 months wouldn't kill. Or a text during every holiday and national events.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by FXKing2012(m): 8:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
190: Rubbish post

Who sends ex's messages these days (what happened 2ur current relationship or some new chick/dude ure tryna hit up)
Why would someone be busy having conversations with an ex (what happened to-ur current relationship or other chicks/dudes out there)

Ex means past, and if u can't go back 2d past - u keep them there

Phuck ex's grin grin

I concur.

By the way, Goldieluck & acidtalk sound like gays.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Goldieluks: 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2012
190: Rubbish post

Who sends ex's messages these days (what happened 2ur current relationship or some new chick/dude ure tryna hit up)
Why would someone be busy having conversations with an ex (what happened to-ur current relationship or other chicks/dudes out there)

Ex means past, and if u can't go back 2d past - u keep them there

Phuck ex's grin grin

Did you digest the post atall, or are you typing from nokia 3310?
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by 190theclown: 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2012
FXKing2012:

I concur.

grin grin

well acidtalk is gay but goldie ent grin grin
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by 190theclown: 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
Goldieluks:

read am for me again grin grin
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Goldieluks: 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
FXKing2012:

I concur.

hehehehee am female and he's male,DUH!!
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by ikennaya(m): 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ppl like me dat av up to 20 EX should keep calling and sending sms 2 all doz 20 b*tches? I'd rader waste my airtime on MTN PROMO...mtchewww
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by acidtalk: 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2012
Goldieluks:

A read it upside down from his Calculator.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Goldieluks: 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
grin grin ^^
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by 190theclown: 8:42pm On Nov 18, 2012
ikennaya: Ppl like me dat av up to 20 EX should keep calling and sending sms 2 all doz 20 b*tches? I'd rader waste my airtime on MTN PROMO...mtchewww

dont mind acidtalk and goldielucks jare grin grin
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by acidtalk: 8:42pm On Nov 18, 2012
190-the-clown:

grin grin

well acidtalk is gay but goldie ent grin grin

That was before I met goldie. Now I know rods are used for punnies and not on fellow rods.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by sundaybam(m): 8:46pm On Nov 18, 2012
Nice post. My ex girl is in canada and she always send money 2 me and she even call me regularly. when she was here in nigeria I help her. And we departed when she was leaving the country 4 some reason she keep teelin me on phone that she already have another guy there. Is good to leave rtnship peacefully.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by FXKing2012(m): 8:50pm On Nov 18, 2012
Why are men always so concerned abt how ladies feel afta a break-up while ladies dont give a hoot how guys feel when they call it quits wt guys.
I'd rather give my money to a begger than waste it calling my ex.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abandoned Child Rescued With A Polythene Bag Containing Her Clothes / See This Beautiful Photos Of Four-generation / The Best State To Raise Ones Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.