Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,520 members, 7,770,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:19 AM

Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. (23654 Views)

What Are The Things Never To Say To A Depressed Person? / 10 Things Never To Say To Your Child / How To End A Marriage In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by acidtalk: 8:47am On Nov 18, 2012
* Never end any relationship with the believe that you can never come back together. A couple in Australia who married in 1964 and got divorced in 1980 and remarried in 2006. Time they say heals all wounds.

* Keeping Malice or totally ignoring a former partner is totally uncalled for. If you both agreed to part ways, it should also be okay to exchange greetings whenever your path crosses. If all broken relationships ended in wars, there will never be peace in the land.

* You shouldn't always remember the sad moments after your relationships. There were wonderful memories you had while it lasted so don't fill your thoughts with only the unhappy events. A heart occupied with sad memories can hardly be happy.

* Every Secret shared in the relationship should remain secret. Remember that if you expose secrets of your previous relationship to others due to anger, people will be wary on sharing their secrets with you for the fear of revealing it one day.

* Sending a text at least to wish your EX a happy birthday, New year or any festive season isn't a bad idea. It neither shows any sign of you wanting to come back or you trying to be remembered it but only shares sign of Maturity.

* Never demand back any gift or favor you gave to a partner. If you were nice enough to give or render such while the going was good, be matured enough to forget such favors after it ended. Don't also go about campaigning to others the help you did it only makes you appear immature and petty.

* Don't go condemning and criticizing the mistakes and flaws of your previous partner to the present one, it will make them careful and wary of you because they know you are likely to do same to them.

* When leaving a relationship, never SLAM the door behind you because you might one day need to pass through that same door. Remember that every successful person today was at one point or the other someone's EX. Afterall you won't want to go back to someone who you have cursed, insulted and maligned to ask for favors. Or don't you know Obasanjo, IBB, Jonathan, Barak Obama, Michiel Obama, bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Aliko Dangote, Femi Otedola, Lionel Messei, Mikel Obi and every other successful people are one person or another's ex.

Below Are Some Highly Beneficial Threads Also.

Advice To Every Lady In Her 20s

https://www.nairaland.com/1086018/advice-every-lady-early-20s

Reasons Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married

https://www.nairaland.com/1030228/reasons-why-some-women-never

Ladies Avoid These Behaviors And See Yourself Getting Married Soon

https://www.nairaland.com/931219/ladies-avoid-behaviors-see-yourself

Why Ladies Prefer To Date Married Men Than Single Guys

https://www.nairaland.com/1067543/why-ladies-prefer-date-married

Experience And Definition Of A Good Friend

https://www.nairaland.com/1018957/experience-definition-true-friend

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Freeopod(m): 9:20am On Nov 18, 2012
Good post at the right time, thinking of breaking up with my girlfrnd soonest.

2 Likes

Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 18, 2012
Seconded!!

1 Like

Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by acidtalk: 9:35am On Nov 18, 2012
Freeopod: Good post at the right time, thinking of breaking up with my girlfrnd soonest.

Please don't be arrogant while doing it. Be at your collest and softest moment.

1 Like

Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Goldieluks: 9:48am On Nov 18, 2012
Very informative and educative. Am endorsing this.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by acidtalk: 9:53am On Nov 18, 2012
Goldieluks: Very informative and educative. Am endorsing this.

Thanks love.
Had to put it here because if I had put it in the romance, those saddist will toss into into the game or jokes section.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Goldieluks: 9:55am On Nov 18, 2012
Yeah its much better here sweerie.

1 Like

Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by acidtalk: 9:57am On Nov 18, 2012
Goldieluks: Yeah its much better here sweerie.

No matter how informative a thread is, once its coming from me they just find a way og burying it. I no know why all the beefing and jealousy.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Goldieluks: 10:00am On Nov 18, 2012
acidtalk:

No matter how informative a thread is, once its coming from me they just find a way og burying it. I no know why all the beefing and jealousy.

Keep doing your thing. Not everyone would like your posts/threads, haters would always hate no matter what not. You just gotta ignore em haters.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by acidtalk: 11:05am On Nov 18, 2012
Thanks dear, that's why I love you.

*Kisses*

1 Like

Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by masterpiecer(m): 11:07am On Nov 18, 2012
*Addendum*

*Never leave a relationship with ur heart left behind, it may mess up the next 1 (meaning, donot be in a hurry to break a relationship, it isnt easy to build 1, let ur heart leave before u leave)

*Never leave a relationship to start another 1 with ur ex's friend or any relative, it may lead to world war

*Forgive before you leave (This might seem impossible, especially when d person hurt u real hard, try as much to forgive before leaving, dat is if u have to leave. Only time can heal hurt, but forgiving is a rear virtue)

8 Likes

Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by acidtalk: 11:35am On Nov 18, 2012
Good one there. Those are very vital points.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by ITbomb(m): 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2012
Okay but u didn't answer my last question .
How do I tell her ' it is over '
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by acidtalk: 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2012
ITbomb: Okay but u didn't answer my last question .
How do I tell her ' it is over '

Throw all the blames on yourself how you haven't been caring and been such an irresponsible fellow to her. Women really dont want to have any blame placed on them. But first, the easiest way to call off a relationship is if your partner is cheating. The second best way is if she is very rude, nags a lot or saucy the 3rd best way is to rope any of the above on her and make her believe that's the reason why you are calling it off.

2 Likes

Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by DAvIt0(m): 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2012
real Good Info..... coool Thanks ATalk
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by ballabriggs: 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2012
Bollocks, the best way to end any relationship is with a nice kick on the balls. undecided
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by ask4double(m): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2012
Freeopod: Good post at the right time, thinking of breaking up with my girlfrnd soonest.
Hahahahahahahha. Hahahhahahahha ahahhahhahha ahahhahahhah...
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by MMM2(m): 4:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
* have sex with her once in a while undecided
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Iaz93: 4:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
acidtalk:
* Never end any relationship with the believe that you can never come back together. A couple in Australia who married in 1964 and got divorced in 1980 and remarried in 2006. Time they say heals all wounds.

* Keeping Malice or totally ignoring a former partner is totally uncalled for. If you both agreed to part ways, it should also be okay to exchange greetings whenever your path crosses. If all broken relationships ended in wars, there will never be peace in the land.

* You shouldn't always remember the sad moments after your relationships. There were wonderful memories you had while it lasted so don't fill your thoughts with only the unhappy events. A heart occupied with sad memories can hardly be happy.

* Every Secret shared in the relationship should remain secret. Remember that if you expose secrets of your previous relationship to others due to anger, people will be wary on sharing their secrets with you for the fear of revealing it one day.

* Sending a text at least to wish your EX a happy birthday, New year or any festive season isn't a bad idea. It neither shows any sign of you wanting to come back or you trying to be remembered it but only shares sign of Maturity.

* Never demand back any gift or favor you gave to a partner. If you were nice enough to give or render such while the going was good, be matured enough to forget such favors after it ended. Don't also go about campaigning to others the help you did it only makes you appear immature and petty.

* Don't go condemning and criticizing the mistakes and flaws of your previous partner to the present one, it will make them careful and wary of you because they know you are likely to do same to them.

* When leaving a relationship, never SLAM the door behind you because you might one day need to pass through that same door. Remember that every successful person today was at one point or the other someone's EX. Afterall you won't want to go back to someone who you have cursed, insulted and maligned to ask for favors. Or don't you know Obasanjo, IBB, Jonathan, Barak Obama, Michiel Obama, bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Aliko Dangote, Femi Otedola, Cristiano Ronaldo , Lionel Messei, Mikel Obi and every other successful people are one person or another's ex.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by franel79(m): 4:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
Nice one @poster.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by franel79(m): 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2012
M M M: * have sex with her once in a while undecided
It depends, some just won't give it to you.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2012
ballabriggs: Bollocks, the best way to end any relationship is with a nice kick on the balls. undecided

I bet my life that you're not more than 16 undecided
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by obowunmi(m): 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
Serious matter.

One time, my ex broke up with me thru text message. Not the nicest thing to do.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by 190: 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2012
Rubbish post

Who sends ex's messages these days (what happened 2ur current relationship or some new chick/dude ure tryna hit up)
Why would someone be busy having conversations with an ex (what happened to-ur current relationship or other chicks/dudes out there)

Ex means past, and if u can't go back 2d past - u keep them there

Phuck ex's grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by 2sexy(m): 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
But why do you wanna break up? #Amebo# grin grin grin grin
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by jbrodaly(m): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2012
Good post bruv.I wonder why couples who claimed to be once in love become enemies.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by 2sexy(m): 4:52pm On Nov 18, 2012
acidtalk:

True talk.. I have experience it too.

The business section and romance section is fvckd
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2012
Nice post,I broke up wit my guy few month ago but we still call once in a while.its a sign of maturity 2 do such not minding †ђξ circumstances which cause †ђξ breakup.

2 Likes

Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Freeopod(m): 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2012
acidtalk:

Please don't be arrogant while doing it. Be at your collest and softest moment.

Wl try not to be arrogant as much as posibl
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Thok(m): 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2012
Nice and informative..
Where my fone, make i call Nnenna.
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by Rajosh(m): 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2012
M M M: * have sex with her once in a while undecided
To what end?
Re: Things Never To Do When You End A Relationship. by tomsongz(m): 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2012
THINGS I ALWAYS DO AFTA BRK UP****
1)make sure we always remain friends so we could always hook up laita on
2)make sure she feels responsible 4 da brk up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abandoned Child Rescued With A Polythene Bag Containing Her Clothes / See This Beautiful Photos Of Four-generation / The Best State To Raise Ones Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.