Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (166158 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 19, 2013
SBabaJ:
Are All Community Liaison/Relations Officers Indigenes Of Host Communities?
Yes, they must.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by pandorasbox1(m): 2:00pm On Jan 19, 2013
This is the best thread ever, both in NL or any other site. Let's keep the flame burning, guys
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2013
http://www.4shared.com/office/imtGbzsp/Petroleum_Production_Systems.html

Another link to get more materials....

Just make sure that you are signed up
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 6:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
here is another...
Oil & Gas Production in Nontechnical Language by Martin S. Raymond and William L. Leffler. This cost $59.69 but you can get it free.

http://fileneo.com/8hi76egovn7f/1593700520_Martin_Raymond_William_L._Leffler_Oil_and_gas_production_in_nontechnical_language.pdf.html
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by log1(m): 5:42am On Jan 20, 2013
@2sexy. Weldone
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 5:46am On Jan 20, 2013
Vikin: Most multi national producing O&G companies are on quota system. But the percentage of the quota is what am yet to verify.

For the other categories, forget the quota system, it doesn't work there.

Now, it's left for you to choose where you wanna end up.

Take your destiny in your hands, go out there and grab that job.

All the best!
m̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ dear †̥̥H̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ quote system is still functioning, jst that most host community sells their qoute.  Ħa̶̲̥̅̊​​vξ all †̥̥H̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ empolyment qoute details.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 6:05am On Jan 20, 2013
BlueDiva:
FYI the industry is called oil and gas. Encompassing all companies involved in oil exploration, including refining and marketing.
An oil servicing company is different from an oil producing company even though it is part of the O&G.

My comment is referring to core oil companies involved in exploration and refining.
All exploration companies have a quota system for the communities in which they operate.

All exploration companies have a quota for govt candidates though not official.

I don't know what you are talking about here.
You want to teach me about the O&G industry?

Who has referred to the oil servicing companies here? Do you even know what an oil servicing company is?
If you do then you would know from the start what I'm talking about and not start giving silly lectures you don't understand.
she is right here... In every host community they Ħa̶̲̥̅̊​​vξ (EB) which handle all †̥̥H̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ employment, except †̥̥H̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ professional and experts which †̥̥H̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ company has †̥̥H̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ quote τ̅☺ determine. When  said professionals,  meant real professionals not....
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 6:17am On Jan 20, 2013
Vikin:

In O&G industry, we don't group them together, every professional knows that, which clearly is getting you confused.

Different policies guides them and how they respond to community needs also guides them.

Eg, if Mobil have an oil well in a community, they are responsible to that community by providing them some contract or permanent position based on the quota system, but when oil servicing company comes in to work for Mobil in that same community, that policy doesn't bind them because they are professionals and the contract might likely not last for years, and so many other reasons.

That clearly explains where you have a problem with her, that she talked about getting people jobs through a method that just don't fit into your multi national producing O&G company?

Anyway, just like I said, it might be O&G industry, but different policy governs them and the quota system.
m̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ dear  disagree with Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ here, †̥̥H̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ policy binds them because they sign sub-contract policy which as τ̅☺ be drived from †̥̥H̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ main policy. Regards
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 6:23am On Jan 20, 2013
Jarus:

Honestly, I have stopped pitying Nigerians that fall for scam. This has only reinforced my position.

This guy is not a Shell staff for God's sake. This is not about short-hand or text, this guy cannot write simple English, nobody is asking for Soyinka-esque proficiency, this is about basic English. I have friends in Shell and have also undergone Shell recruitment process and I can tell a Shell staff from writing. Shell has perhaps the most rigorous recruitment process and half-bakeds will find it hard (impossible, actually) to scale it. There are Shell staff on Nairaland sef, and you hardly see them reveal it, rather, they code it.

This guy's aura is just lower than that of a Shell person, far lower.

I even doubt contract position with Shell sef. A number of my colleagues here are ex-Shell contract, and I know other Shell contracts.

At best, the guy worked for a servicing firm that had contracts/projects with Shell for months (or years)and know few internal things about Shell.

But if you don't believe and choose to fall for his scam, then good luck.

 just pity †̥̥H̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ likes Ơ̴̴͡f̶̲̥̅̊ Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊.smh Thanx
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 6:43am On Jan 20, 2013
[quote author=Jarus]It is easy to believe Vikin. His aura is oil-esque.

I can talk more for Shell, and probably Chevron. I can't vouch for Mobil as 100% merit-driven, but definitely not through gateman too. I have a classmate there that got there in manner I suspect to be backdoor (I may be wrong, but it appears so). Her dad, before retirement, was a big gun in Mobil, worked there for 30 years and retired as a GM. We suspect he influenced the lady's entry. I know many other oil companies and I seriously doubt you can get a permanent position with dropping physical CV (do people still use paper CV?).

However, my major concern here is the OP saying he is(or was) a Shell permananent staff and he can get people into Shell just like that!
[/quote Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ are a big..., who they hell D̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴͡ Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ †̥̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ı̣̣̣N̶̲̥̅̊K̶̲̥̅̊ Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ are? Quote m̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ post where  mention given any body employmnt here? All  stated above is m̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ prefrencies over †̥̥H̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ companies  Ħa̶̲̥̅̊​​vξ worked with, there is no where in m̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ post  mentioned that  gave employment, follow m̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ posts closely Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ will notice that all  advice is f̶̲̥̅̊ Ơ̴̴͡r̶̲̥̅̊ people τ̅☺ follow their online process. ,m not that kind Ơ̴̴͡f̶̲̥̅̊ person that like aguement, S̤̥̈̊Ơ̴̴͡  don't.Ħa̶̲̥̅̊​​vξ Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊я *...*†̥̥ı̣̣̣м̤̣̲̣̥̈̇e̶̲̥̅̊ . No matter what Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ say, that can never change m̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ personality. Smh..

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 7:16am On Jan 20, 2013
Jarus: In any case, let the followers of this thread read all the sides and go with whatever argument they find convincing. While I have a feeling that the OP is scam, I wish anyone that believes otherwise good luck.
could U̶̲̥̅̊ please tell ♍ƺ what is scam about m̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ post? That  shared m̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ exprience where  Ħa̶̲̥̅̊​​vξ worked now makes ♍ƺ a scammer? Let it known τ̅☺ Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ that some Ơ̴̴͡f̶̲̥̅̊ †̥̥H̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ Nlnd mods knows ♍ƺ in person... May be U̶̲̥̅̊ can enquire more. Happy sunday
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 20, 2013
^^^^
@Jarus
I know someone very close to me working for an IOC as a full staff. Her spoken English is very poor; can hardly say a few words without blunders. I have never seen her write, so I can't say much about her written English. But she joined the firm as a contract staff after service, and was later converted to a full staff after several years of unsuccessful trials. She's just one of the lucky ones that managed to sail through. The fact that she was in the coy for that long means she's smart, even though her diction is poor.
Who knows? He may be just be one of them that got in through another process apart from the common online recruitment. Don't judge a book by its cover. I have never doubted that he's a Shell staff, unless clearly proven otherwise.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:08am On Jan 20, 2013
Ola one:
Back to O&G, abeg. Thank you.

Just like some people opined, I am also sure deceit is in the air. And, people should be careful. I don't really trust the OP's motive. And, I don't think he is a full-time member of staff there.

Be careful, guys
 don't Ħa̶̲̥̅̊​​vξ any bad motive creating this thread,  just ask peeps that are in †̥̥H̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ same field τ̅☺ share their views.  never advertise any job position here,  Ħa̶̲̥̅̊​​vξ more than 30 pm messages on m̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ mail box but  nerver reply any, becuase  don,t what any body τ̅☺ çømë here and talk trash about ♍ƺ. As  said earier  will be posting any info here, Ã♍ not in f̶̲̥̅̊ Ơ̴̴͡r̶̲̥̅̊ private chat. Thax
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:26am On Jan 20, 2013
@2sexy. Nice contribution....
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 20, 2013
x-fire:
^^^^
@Jarus
I know someone very close to me working for an IOC as a full staff. Her spoken English is very poor; can hardly say a few words without blunders. I have never seen her write, so I can't say much about her written English. But she joined the firm as a contract staff after service, and was later converted to a full staff after several years of unsuccessful trials. She's just one of the lucky ones that managed to sail through. The fact that she was in the coy for that long means she's smart, even though her diction is poor.
Who knows? He may be just be one of them that got in through another process apart from the common online recruitment. Don't judge a book by its cover. I have never doubted that he's a Shell staff, unless clearly proven otherwise.

guy, all that one na tori. be with a company with twenty years, if you don't meet HR requirements nothing go happen.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kokosheen(m): 9:26am On Jan 20, 2013
oyb:

guy, all that one na tori. be with a company with twenty years, if you don't meet HR requirements nothing go happen.

Not really.

Due to high level community pressure, contract staff that are indigenes of the host community are sometimes converted to full staff after spending donkey years. Mind you, this happens rarely as I've sent it happen only once in 12 years. Also, just a select few of the eligible indigenes were converted (run things I guess)
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 12:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
http://nurize.com/work/pdf/Ultimate_Psychometric_Tests.pdf

Ultimate Psychometric Test... download using this direct link
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 1:00pm On Jan 20, 2013
Job Interview Work Book

http://www.careerclubsinternational.com/CCI%20Job%20Interview%20Workbook%2020%20w_PassItOn%20and%20Not%20For%20Group%20Use.pdf
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Olaone1: 2:33pm On Jan 20, 2013
scantee:  don't Ħa̶̲̥̅̊​​vξ any bad motive creating this thread,  just ask peeps that are in †̥̥H̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ same field τ̅☺ share their views.  never advertise any job position here,  Ħa̶̲̥̅̊​​vξ more than 30 pm messages on m̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ mail box but  nerver reply any, becuase  don,t what any body τ̅☺ çømë here and talk trash about ♍ƺ. As  said earier  will be posting any info here, Ã♍ not in f̶̲̥̅̊ Ơ̴̴͡r̶̲̥̅̊ private chat. Thax
Okay. I am sorry.
Maybe you are genuine after all.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
i thought 2sexy was subscribing to kitty kats you dont have to work hard to work in oil and gas philosphy? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 5:41pm On Jan 20, 2013
oyb: i thought 2sexy was subscribing to kitty kats you dont have to work hard to work in oil and gas philosphy? cheesy cheesy

"If I have seen farther than others, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants"-- Sir Isaac Newton

I live better than some of my ex class mates financially because I found Americans (something most nigerian would hardly do) that gave me the needed info at international forum where I sometimes visit... but most of my ex class mates whom we shall all be serving in March still wonder what to do... That is the power of information ,sir.

That is all people are asking for... something that will help better their chance(s).

No man is an island of knowledge.

I remember saying just be yourself during an interview, but Kokosheen helped changed that mentality by saying "be who they want" Do you know how far that has gone change in my life? Little things like this matter.

Tell me you came in to this world with all the knowledge you possess today and no one did anything to help you along the line.

Nigeria...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
Oga Oyb, I don't remember asking ppl not to work hard. I guess we have a lot of numbies on NLD who always make up their mind on a situation and foreclose despite glaring evidence. I rememeber that I advocated visiting forums and websites to learn abt the intended job. Pls be more honest in ur wicked propaganda. And I expected that since then one of u crusaders would have asked for my real credentials. I am sure u r well above 35yrs. Please act ur age. Thanks

oyb: i thought 2sexy was subscribing to kitty kats you dont have to work hard to work in oil and gas philosphy? cheesy cheesy
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 6:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
Keep googling oil company sites, navigate to their career section and apply for graduate position. Companies like Schlum - slb.com, halliburton - halliburton.com, baker hughes collect cv all year round and always call for test from the pool. Its also easy to gate crash their test.

For slb, the test is usually verbal, quantitative, mechanical reasoning and somtimes spatial. After that they call u for an full day interview of which u drilled properly. U ar expected to know a lot abt the company and basic petroleum engineering. After that u may get an appointment letter or have another one on one interview with the department head.

Baker and hallie are pretty much the same.

Conoco philips, technip, statoil, mearsk always look for msc or experienced hands.

Another good networking platform is Linkedin. Have a fantastic profile and if u can afford it use the paid job-seeker account. It costs about 29 usd a month and very useful. Recruiters worldwide are increasingly using Linkedin as a recruiting platform as it maks it easy for them to asses a candidate and get attestation from the persons connections.

As I said before, do not overlook any avenue.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 6:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
Also on Linkedin, try to join oil and gas related groups. This will help u meet ppl in ur intended career and help u acquire knowledge. In such groups, job related matters are discussed among experts and newbies seeking knowledge. Recuiters also come there to search for candidates.

Such groups are SPE group, Drilling and Completion Engineers worldwide, NOC( Nigerian Oil Company), Job seekers in africa and so on and so forth.

Furthermore, on Linkedin, u will see a Job button where u can search for jobs and apply directly from linkedin.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 6:24pm On Jan 20, 2013
Thanks...

While some folks only find faults and loop holes in what people do, neither contribute nor tell you how to build a career.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 20, 2013
2sexy: Thanks...

While some folks only find faults and loop holes in what people do, neither contribute nor tell you how to build a career.
I too wonder. I wonder why people who have absolutely nothing to offer discourage people, both those in the industry and others intending to join.
It's disheartening that some just choose to deliberately misinterpret someone's opinion, even when it is glaring the opinion is from a particular perspective.
Please let's be more constructive in our approaches. We are all here for our career growth and success.
Have a great working/schooling week ahead!
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2013
kitty kat: Keep googling oil company sites, navigate to their career section and apply for graduate position. Companies like Schlum - slb.com, halliburton - halliburton.com, baker hughes collect cv all year round and always call for test from the pool. Its also easy to gate crash their test.

For slb, the test is usually verbal, quantitative, mechanical reasoning and somtimes spatial. After that they call u for an full day interview of which u drilled properly. U ar expected to know a lot abt the company and basic petroleum engineering. After that u may get an appointment letter or have another one on one interview with the department head.

Baker and hallie are pretty much the same.

Conoco philips, technip, statoil, mearsk always look for msc or experienced hands.

Another good networking platform is Linkedin. Have a fantastic profile and if u can afford it use the paid job-seeker account. It costs about 29 usd a month and very useful. Recruiters worldwide are increasingly using Linkedin as a recruiting platform as it maks it easy for them to asses a candidate and get attestation from the persons connections.

As I said before, do not overlook any avenue.

Thanks,
When you see people who know what they are doing its very easy to know.
Information about slb, is very correct.

For me i have found Linkedin very useful, being able to interact with people who can open your eyes to the oil and gas industry, is amazing.

I even got endorsed by a professional in my field, just from the way we interacted on some topics on discuss.
Information is power, i remember when we were to plan a party at a very expensive resort, the info we got from the previous group that went there,
helped me and my team to negotiate better, so thank you to all those who have taken their time to give information, and also thank you to those who have tried but in vain to pull us in the opposite direction, you have just told us the type of personalities to avoid when we eventually get in.

Finally, here is one site you might want to visit for more resources, it's a forum that covers almost all aspect of petroleum engineering, project management, HSE, just register and visit the various threads for information.

www.egpet.net

Best wishes

4 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 9:09pm On Jan 20, 2013
x-fire:

I too wonder. I wonder why people who have absolutely nothing to offer discourage people, both those in the industry and others intending to join.
It's disheartening that some just choose to deliberately misinterpret someone's opinion, even when it is glaring the opinion is from a particular perspective.
Please let's be more constructive in our approaches. We are all here for our career growth and success.
Have a great working/schooling week ahead!

It is their time so let them enjoy it while it last...

I went through this thread all over again, all I see is nothing but calling one person scammer or the other, nothing else.

I laugh! I laugh because when they have their own children, they will surely teach them how to do it--build a career, what course to take, how to prepare for an interview, what certificate and skill to obtain, how to stand out from the crowd,just to make sure that they do better than others.

I believe in their own world, they are an island!

Well this is the last I will ever respond to things that do not add anything to me...
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by dober(m): 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
scantee: Pls dnt ask me for the monthly pay. Thnx

Thanks.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
Post modified by handler.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.