Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (166615 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Input(m): 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
helo house,please where can i obtain a swimming pass certificate within warri or port harcourt at cheaper cost.The company i applied for IT request i must present a swimming pass before i can be allowed to go on board since i will be going offshore.
someone has given me a hint that it cost about #65,000.As a student that price is too much for me to afford now.thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by niyoni: 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2013
Input: helo house,please where can i obtain a swimming pass certificate within warri or port harcourt at cheaper cost.The company i applied for IT request i must present a swimming pass before i can be allowed to go on board since i will be going offshore.
someone has given me a hint that it cost about #65,000.As a student that price is too much for me to afford now.thanks
Go to Shell ramp at Enerhen, just b4 igbudu primary school n ask to meet a swimming coach. If u can swim alredy, uld b charged a maximum of 7k to do a swim test n get ur certificate which is valid 4 3yrs. Goodluck.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by tunday4real(m): 11:39pm On Apr 04, 2013
[quote author=babaearly]@scantee
not to go offtopic but i need your advice. I have a 3rd class b.eng elect elect eng. I love to work offshore coz ive been there in my industrial training. So can you tell me if certifications and training can take me there? And what certifications do i need to get an offshore gig? [/quote

Go to www.gennesaretresources.com
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by tunday4real(m): 11:44pm On Apr 04, 2013
Input: helo house,please where can i obtain a swimming pass certificate within warri or port harcourt at cheaper cost.The company i applied for IT request i must present a swimming pass before i can be allowed to go on board since i will be going offshore.

If you reside in warri...go to PTI EFFURUN or SHELL YARD
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Input(m): 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2013
niyoni: Go to Shell ramp at Enerhen, just b4 igbudu primary school n ask to meet a swimming coach. If u can swim alredy, uld b charged a maximum of 7k to do a swim test n get ur certificate which is valid 4 3yrs. Goodluck.
thanks man i will do that.
tunday4real:

If you reside in warri...go to PTI EFFURUN or SHELL YARD
i will also check out PTI...btw is shell ramp and shell the same place?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by niyoni: 6:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
@input, Shell ramp, Enerhen, is d company's recreational centre while Shell yard Ogunu is d company's administrative centre. Howeva, in d course of registering 4 ur swimming test, u may hav 2 visit d administrative centre. Goodluck.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by iykedancastro(m): 1:45am On Apr 06, 2013
Took me hours to read from page1 to 18 much knowledge gained!! Wish i stumbled on dis thread b4 going 4 oilserv interview on 14th Feb!after an almost impossible aptitude test phase wch hundreds of (MEE EEE met&mat n civil) 2.1 n 1st class graduands from futo uniport n unn sat only 26 passed 4d interview phase, still awaiting to hear 4rm dem thou God dey sha!! Gratitude to d gurus dat contributed either constructively or destructively!! Jaurus bluediva kitty vikin etc yall r well appreciated @2sexy am impressed at ur intellect and zeal am a servin Corp member too same batch one luv bro!! @x_fire nice contribution both grammar wise n sum say engineers cant command d language! grin @kitty kat pls i nid u 2 tro more lyt on d issue of msc nt really being relevant cus am full aware dat ioc's lyk total consider foreign msc certificates + even experience wen hiring n in dia salary scale too!! Fnx in anticipation of response!! Thou answerin is nt restricted 2her alone!! MUCH LUV
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ibehenryrocket(m): 10:19pm On Apr 07, 2013
Please how can i get a job as a contract staff with any of the oil/servicing coy as most of them don't advertise contract jobs. I knw their some good samaritans in the house with some useful information. Now is the time to help a brother. In the spirit of easter past wink Am a recent Petroleum Eng. graduate. Whether its completion, reservoir, process, drilling , Hse operations etc Please people smiley
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by phantasm(m): 11:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
Anyone with info on the salary structure of Shell Contract workers, from entry to experience level positions and compared to a full-time staff of same organisation. And how feasible is it to be absorbed as a permanent staff? And if possible, give samples of such agents for contract works into any oil and gas field. Thanks in advance.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by herostarlingy: 10:02am On Jul 31, 2013
I am in dare need of a job, and would appreciate any kind connection or help to that regard.

I have a First Degree in Geography and Environmental Management; and a Master's in Environmental Technology. Undergoing both the NEBOSH IGC 1-3 and OshAcademy- Occupational Safety and Health Manager Trainings respectively(July, 2013), which have best solidified my knowledge, experience and skills in working in the Oil and Gas, Construction, Production, Petrochemical etc sectors.

I have both HSE and QAQC experiences; look to continue in those fields( HSE, QAQC, Environmental Management, etc);and advanced knowledge and experience in both local and international business respectively(Import- China and UK).

I would appreciate your assistance in putting these skills/ potential into use; as I can be reached on: danielekason@yahoo.com

Thank you for your time.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by segzysexy(m): 2:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
Am a graduate of water resources and environmental engineering.do i stand any chance in oil and gas sector and which course can i do my masters that relate to my degree course which will be productive in the oil sector
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ifowey(f): 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2013
I have a B.sc in geology and i am waiting for nysc(batch c). Can some one please throw more light on any additional certification i need to get in order to work in the oil and gas sector. I graduated with a 2.2, and i am not very happy about it.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by therealMcCain: 10:06am On Aug 03, 2013
hello house I've a Beng in electrical/electronics Eng. I'm 28yrs. i'm currently working with a local contracting firm in a Gas Plant construction project as
an instrument technician with 1yr 5months experience.

Working with a local contractor isn't encouraging in terms of pay & welfare package etc what can I do to increase my chance of securing a better paying job in O & G industry

I plan going for master nxt yr, is this neccessary or certifications will be enough & if yes, what certification should I do to enhance my employability

Thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by orlando(m): 3:27pm On Aug 03, 2013
Hello house, I read Biotechnology, pls in what area in oil coy does bioremediation/environmental biotechnology fall in, I want a job in O&G, do I need a HSE certification? If yes, hw do I go about it? I mean are there centers approved separately by these coys? I appreciate your replies.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by oweniwe(m): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2013
Time to make my contribution. I am a grad of Intelligence & Security. I passed out from nysc last month. During service, i did HSE 2 & 3 (NISP/SPDC) and Project Management.

After passing out, i began to drop graduate trainee applications (management/base things) to the oil exploration companies in kwale/umutu. I'v dropped 5 application since last month. . Got only 2 replies dat my application have been forwarded to their HQ in lagos. . . (during nysc, i was thinking dat the application would be sorted out at the Base, i was wrong . . .

The problem now is. . . After the application has been forwarded from Kwale to Lagos, i don't know what's up with it again. . Its just silence galore . . . I wonder whether i made a mistake somewhere.

I intend to drop 2 more applications next week. . Pls house. . . Your advise and recommendations is highly solicited. .

Thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by nitrogen(m): 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2013
oweniwe: Time to make my contribution. I am a grad of Intelligence & Security. I passed out from nysc last month. During service, i did HSE 2 & 3 (NISP/SPDC) and Project Management.

After passing out, i began to drop graduate trainee applications (management/base things) to the oil exploration companies in kwale/umutu. I'v dropped 5 application since last month. . Got only 2 replies dat my application have been forwarded to their HQ in lagos. . . (during nysc, i was thinking dat the application would be sorted out at the Base, i was wrong . . .

The problem now is. . . After the application has been forwarded from Kwale to Lagos, i don't know what's up with it again. . Its just silence galore . . . I wonder whether i made a mistake somewhere.

I intend to drop 2 more applications next week. . Pls house. . . Your advise and recommendations is highly solicited. .

Thanks
Bro, keep dropping applications, very soon, they will call, you will be surprised when they do.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by oweniwe(m): 6:04am On Aug 04, 2013
^^ Thanks sir. smiley
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Syenite(m): 9:03am On Aug 04, 2013
ifowey: I have a B.sc in geology and i am waiting for nysc(batch c). Can some one please throw more light on any additional certification i need to get in order to work in the oil and gas sector. I graduated with a 2.2, and i am not very happy about it.

As a fresh Geology graduate what would have really put you in a good position to secure a job in the Oil and Gas sector is a good grade (2.1 or 1.1). There are Seismic interpretation softwares like Petrel, Landmark, Kingdom Suites etc. These you can usually acquire when u are already in the industry. What employers want from Trainee Geologists is a good basic knowledge of Geology and not certifications.(This is where Geology differs from Engineering). All hope is not lost anyways.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by sux2013: 3:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
bros abeg if any field work dey abeg just inbux me for my email. Suxsunlight@yahoo.com. God go bless u and u wil never fail in destiny because of ur helping hand .thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ifowey(f): 11:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
@syenite: thanks, i really have to work extra harder now, my cgpa was 3.49, i wonder why they didnt make it a 3.5. No time for whining now! I would love to go into occupational health and safety for a master degree. What do you think?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2013
...wahoo thanks guyz for keeping the thread alive...i'm impressed.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by nachrisbedis: 10:21am On Aug 06, 2013
@scantee
pls i need your assistance. Do major oil coys hire people who apply without pay?

Am a graduate of petroleum engineering.

I've been applying since and i haven't been called. Am thinking maybe it's the application or i've been applying to the wrong places. Thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by lymelyte(m): 10:29am On Aug 06, 2013
I am a fresh graduate from production engineering(2.2) currently waiting for nysc(batch c). I am currently considering the decision of going for an oil and gas professional course(drilling operations and equipments).is this a wise decision.please I need your advise asap.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by oweniwe(m): 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2013
I was at company yesterday. The HR manager went thru my application letter and replied that there's no vacancy for graduate trainee now.

I was disappointed and left. Outside the office, a thought suddenly flashed thru my mind to go back and ask if there are other vacancies available but something just "held me back". . . You know how it feels wen you're told "no vacancy". . .

I'm not giving up sha. I hope to go there again next month to enquire. . embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by oweniwe(m): 8:11am On Aug 09, 2013
Good morning house. .

I would like to ask a question. . .

All the applications i've dropped are titled "APPLICATION FOR GRADUATE TRAINEE PROGRAMME" . . However, it feels like i'm limiting myself with that coz i know there are other entry level vacancies available that i can competently handle (e.g. Admin Assistant, ICT roles) that doesn't fall within the confines of graduate Trainee.

My confusion now is, whether to continue applying with Graduate Trainee title or apply for other roles. . e.g Admin Assistant or ICT Officer coz from what i'v seen with the HR folks, when they see the "Graduate Trainee" Title, they just shake head, put up a empty look and put aside my application without asking further questions
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 09, 2013
pls my oil and gas ppl, do we hv toxicologists working in oil and gas sector? want to pursue a career in toxicology and my target is oil and gas....tanx in sheer anticipation of ur responses..
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Syenite(m): 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
ifowey: @syenite: thanks, i really have to work extra harder now, my cgpa was 3.49, i wonder why they didnt make it a 3.5. No time for whining now! I would love to go into occupational health and safety for a master degree. What do you think?

Y occupational Health and safety?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Syenite(m): 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2013
vivichocs: pls my oil and gas ppl, do we toxicologists working in oil and gas sector? want to pursue a career in toxicology and my target is oil and gas....tanx in sheer anticipation of ur responses..

Vivichocs, Toxicologists work in the Oil and Gas sector. You may need to reconstructed the bolded, though i understood the message.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
therealMcCain: hello house I've a Beng in electrical/electronics Eng. I'm 28yrs. i'm currently working with a local contracting firm in a Gas Plant construction project as
an instrument technician with 1yr 5months experience.

Working with a local contractor isn't encouraging in terms of pay & welfare package etc what can I do to increase my chance of securing a better paying job in O & G industry

I plan going for master nxt yr, is this neccessary or certifications will be enough & if yes, what certification should I do to enhance my employability

Thanks
Hey! Sorry for the delay. I saw the mail you sent to me. I have been busy. Lemme respond to your query through this medium:
First of all, you didn't mention your class of degree, but it's not so relevant to the response I am about to give.
It depends on your career vision and where you see yourself in the oil industry. If you wanna go through the technical line ( I mean, being a technician/craftsman/operator) then certifications may help, especially if you are aiming to work in a international oil servicing company such as Halliburton, Schlumberger, baker Hughes, etc and even IOCs. But if you wanna work as an engineer, I dare say MSc is more relevant than certifications. Most engineers recruited into major IOCs have little or no certifications because engineers learn on the job. But more importantly, work experience in the oil and gas industry counts much more than Masters or certifications.
But I must say,having a masters or gathering certifications is NOT an end in itself. You must be able to prove yourself in aptitude tests and interviews. I, for instance, do not have a Masters degree. Neither do I have any significant certification. That is , you must be able to sell yourself, have good soft skills and be a go-getter. I know many people with only BSc without prior job experience working in the oil and gas industry. There is no one sure way of entering the O and G industry.
Well, with your experience as an instrument technician and a B.Eng in Electrical/Electronics, you may want to go further and have a Masters degree in Instrumentation and Electrical (especially if you have a 2.1). That will boost your qualifications.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by sunzie(m): 6:29am On Aug 10, 2013
@scantee
plz what pro course do i need, l have HND ELECT and SITP/2 from SPDC so as to have a good chance.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 1miccza: 8:22am On Aug 10, 2013
Bros I finished in 2011 from Nnamdi Azikiwe University (Chem engineering)did my I.T in a servicing firm currently I have a GHSE certificate buh without any tangible job how can u help me to get in what certifications do I need to get in,I'll appreciate any help bros!!!
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 1miccza: 8:35am On Aug 10, 2013
@Scantee bros please I am a graduate of chemical engineering (2.2) ,had my I.T. In a servicing firm,I have a GHSE certificate served in 2011 currently I am not working in my field and the pay's not it what advice can u give me and aw can u help me to get inAny help would be appreciated bros......

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.