Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? (16881 Views)

Buhari Holds Presidential Media Chat Wednesday / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / Presidential Media Chat On 18th November 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by omicron(m): 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2012
Finally the almighty presidential media chat has come and gone. So what have you learnt from the chat?

For me the panel of journalist no try at all, with respect to the lady. One was even asking the president how he feels that PDP didn't win elections in Edo and Ondo. Crap! How will that affect the price of garri? Not even one of them asked a question starting with 'how'! Pls help me ask jona why roads awarded in Nigeria more than 7 yrs ago is yet to be completed?? Jonathan was always right when he told them thay should be the one telling him some things, like what happened to the licenses given to some people for refining petroleum. They can do better.

Secondly, the whole stuff was like a beer parlour discussion. No discreet points made. No evaluation of targets previously set. No statistical facts and projections. Just the same routine, verbose and vauge responses to every question asked.

Thirdly, one thing is clear - Fuel Subsidy will not be removed totally, not soon. But expect no much positive changes until subsidy completely goes.

Fourth, it's mostly same old story. About security, cost of governance, education, 2nd tenure, Electricity, corruption, etc. Practically same old stories.

Or did you learn anything different? Let's hear it...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 18, 2012
How to talk like you're doing something when you really aren't.

8 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Caseless: 8:53pm On Nov 18, 2012
I learnt nothing rather than HEARTBREAK, ENDLESS FAILURE and HOPELESSNESS. He's known to be repetitive in giving his weak approach(not working methods) to issues whenever he's asked to comment. He's a tough-talking and less action president....so, what else do u expect from him?

3 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by wesley80(m): 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2012
Not surprised that was all you learnt, comprehension has always been a national problem. If you need someone to make sense of the interview for you, why not ask politely instead of resorting to uncomplimentary adjectives like "verbose" and "vague" to describe an interview session others found pretty refreshing?

12 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by omicron(m): 8:59pm On Nov 18, 2012
wesley80: Not surprised that was all you learnt, comprehension has always been a national problem. If you need someone to make sense of the interview for you, why not ask politely instead of resorting to uncomplimentary adjectives like "verbose" and "vague" to describe an interview session others found pretty refreshing?
Professor, oya pls tell me what you learnt?

27 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by wesley80(m): 9:07pm On Nov 18, 2012
omicron: Professor, oya pls tell me what you learnt?

Rid yourself of the sarcasm first.

7 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by omicron(m): 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2012
Imagine the 'Headline' the Chat has made on NTA ..."President Jonathan Says He Needs More Time to Decide If He Will Contest 2015 Elections" Even the journalist saw nothing to report. No news

7 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by wesley80(m): 9:11pm On Nov 18, 2012
^Olodo, it was a "chat" not a State of Union address.

3 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by omicron(m): 9:11pm On Nov 18, 2012
wesley80:

Rid yourself of the sarcasm first.
Describing his chat as 'verbose' and 'vague' is by no means sarcastic. To me nothing discreet - not to any meaninful question asked.

6 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2012
president do nothing!
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by wesley80(m): 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2012
This here is exactly why I said Comprehension is a national problem.
omicron: Describing his chat as 'verbose' and 'vague' is by no means sarcastic. To me nothing discreet - not to any meaninful question asked.

5 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Mgbadike80: 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2012
Jonathan should come and chat with us on nairaland, we will definitely do better than the journalists

20 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2012
wesley80: Not surprised that was all you learnt, comprehension has always been a national problem. If you need someone to make sense of the interview for you, why not ask politely instead of resorting to uncomplimentary adjectives like "verbose" and "vague" to describe an interview session others found pretty refreshing?

In your own words

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by wesley80(m): 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
^ And it's prevalent in these parts!
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 18, 2012
wesley80: ^ And it's prevalent in these parts!

Money will finish the country is greater than you.
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by omicron(m): 9:24pm On Nov 18, 2012
wesley80: This here is exactly why I said Comprehension is a national problem.
young man, what are you really blabbing about? STFU if you got nothing to say. This thread only seeks your view about jona's chat. I have given mine. Give yours or you take a nap!

28 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by doopsy(f): 9:27pm On Nov 18, 2012
I found it difficult understanding him ,all I heard was the r sound in corruption.my bad

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2012
He cannot offer anything and he should forget about 2015 ideas.I can do better than him as well
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by wesley80(m): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2012
doopsy: I found it difficult understanding him ,all I heard was the r sound in corruption.my bad

That's understandable. Take heart, there's a solution in the horizon.
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2012
The journalists where to respectful....the president dont even know some good details about activities happening in Nigeria.
But one thing i learnt was that before you critisize anything,you must get an insight into that thing....as the saying goes....
Before you critisize, you must walk a mile in that person's shoe.
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by bellalove(f): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2012
Wesley80, pls in humility& peace I come asking 'what is refreshing' about this abracadabra that just happened? cry cry cry

7 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
bellalove: Wesley80, pls in humility& peace I come asking 'what is refreshing' about this abracadabra that just happened? cry cry cry

That guy probably works for them online. Brainwashing people.Our power sector is improving, our road sector will improve.Nonsense,I have being hering this for more than 30 years

14 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by wesley80(m): 9:43pm On Nov 18, 2012
bellalove: Wesley80, pls in humility& peace I come asking 'what is refreshing' about this abracadabra that just happened? cry cry cry

Someone with two ears and one head just like you wrote the quoted below on some other thread. I'm sure she wasnt hallucinating.

The President answered series of questions from Nigerians. He also shed more light on critical issues affecting the country, ranging from the alleged negociation with the boko haram group to the issue of corruption and also to infrastructural development, fuel subsidy matter, poverty reduction and wealth creation, aswell as the health of the 1st lady among oda issues.

You dont have to agree with all he said but why describe the entire chat as a non event?
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 18, 2012
wesley80:

Someone with two ears and one head just like you wrote the quoted below on some other thread. I'm sure she wasnt hallucinating.

You dont have to agree with all he said but why describe the entire chat as a non event?
2 ears and one head ?with money
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 18, 2012
"Nigerians should be very hopeful, we don't sleep to make Nigeria work"
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 18, 2012
I was the best Governor of Bayelsa State
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by dominique(f): 9:50pm On Nov 18, 2012
Seemed like the journalists were threading carefully with their questions, almost as if they've been prewarned on their level of questioning. Didn't watch much of it, I'm not willing to listen to another hour of empty promises.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 18, 2012
The food I eat is not even an expensive food. I only eat two times a day.comedian

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by omicron(m): 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2012
dominique: Seemed like the journalists were threading carefully with their questions, almost as if they've been prewarned on their level of questioning. Didn't watch much of it, I'm not willing to listen to another hour of empty promises.
you may be right. They were not probing with their questions and they were always satisfied with superficial and general answers.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by dayokanu(m): 10:04pm On Nov 18, 2012
He eats twice a day. He eats fish pepper soup and drink kaikai.

All hail retardeen

7 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by doopsy(f): 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2012
olas2u: The food I eat is not even an expensive food. I only eat two times a day.comedian
. Your head is there,I heard that and I was like huh.words from a president. undecided.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 18, 2012
My fear of a m o r o n being in charge was confirmed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Ist APC EKITI Gubernatorial Candidate To Pick Nomination Form / Peter Obi: In Nigeria, Nobody Tells You The Truth When You Are In Power / Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.