Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? (16888 Views)

Buhari Holds Presidential Media Chat Wednesday / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / Presidential Media Chat On 18th November 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by gbokukueba(m): 4:45am On Nov 19, 2012
And he said Nigeria's population is 176m (such accuracy). I wonder how, where and when he got the data!
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Nobody: 4:52am On Nov 19, 2012
X
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:10am On Nov 19, 2012
I wish the President had clarified the steps he is taking to flush out the members of Boko Haram that have infiltrated his government and his armed forces. I think that is the paramount problem now in Nigeria. Without doing that, any step taking to stop Boko Haram will fail.
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by luvmijeje(f): 5:11am On Nov 19, 2012
oga o,what did we do to deserve dis.Believe me we ve beautiful and hardworking people in dis country.Look at nollywood and naija music scene without govt support,imagine if we ve a working govt,a people oriented govt.Without revolution Nigeria cannot be great and it start from u and me.
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by iwanchop(m): 5:11am On Nov 19, 2012
atuboweke: I just noticed that most of those criticising the chat are YorUbas. It is in their blood, so far as the Ofe mmanu people is concernd nothing good can come out of any other tribe But God will continue to put them to shame.
You think like detergent!Sorry..

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by iwanchop(m): 5:11am On Nov 19, 2012
atuboweke: I just noticed that most of those criticising the chat are YorUbas. It is in their blood, so far as the Ofe mmanu people is concernd nothing good can come out of any other tribe But God will continue to put them to shame.
You think like detergent!Sorry
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by iwanchop(m): 5:38am On Nov 19, 2012
4 years is too small to make an impact-Jonathan
Give some ppu 4yrs they would turn d country around.Our president is a joker,he is an unpreprepared leader,an opportunist ;he asked Nigerians for 4yrs to transform d country nw he s singing another tune.uhn...he was indirectly telling us he would contest in 2015

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by eduador3(m): 5:39am On Nov 19, 2012
wesley80: Not surprised that was all you learnt, comprehension has always been a national problem. If you need someone to make sense of the interview for you, why not ask politely instead of resorting to uncomplimentary adjectives like "verbose" and "vague" to describe an interview session others found pretty refreshing?
oya tell us wat u learnt na........... Mr Understander!
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by koruji(m): 5:44am On Nov 19, 2012
The man is trying to appear amicable and responsible for one and only one reason - he hopes to hoodwink Nigerians again in 2015.
His approach to national affairs is to wait, hoping that problems will go away, and when they don't promise they will soon become history, and when they don't become history make the promise again.
By his approach you would think this is a land where everything is working smoothly and all that needs to be done is not to rock the boat.
The reality is that the country is a burning inferno, and no amount of spittle can put it out.
This presidential media chat was mere spittle.

6 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by 5much(m): 5:45am On Nov 19, 2012
media chat that had pre-meditated questions asked,hmmm
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by danikik7: 5:50am On Nov 19, 2012
Fellow NLs,from the look of things on the ground,does GEJ deserve the 2015 ticket? Does anyone feel we shall get out of this quagmire with him still piloting?

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Jubal01: 5:50am On Nov 19, 2012
Lyk my president said, ppl r ONLY N ALWYS lukin 4 ur fault 2 castigate u. Its obvious al of u 'lynchin' Jonathan hia avnt held any 'reasonable' leadershp positn b4. U al dnt knw d rudiments of it. Do u tink 9ja is lyk ur wretched houses? Bring Bush o Obama 2 rule 9ja n de'l resign in 1wk. Y cnt u ppl c atlst even 1 positv in dis man? Let me tel u al dis slowpokes castigatn GEJ d hard, bitter truth. HE IS UR PRESIDENT N DIA'S ABSOLUTELY NTN U HATERS CAN DO ABT IT. U beta get used 2 it. He stil av 3 solid yrs more. DIE HATERS! God bless GEJ our president!

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Nobody: 5:55am On Nov 19, 2012
Mandelaguy: Sarcasm will never solve the problem of this nation. GEJ has good plans and policies, we all should be asking for the will to implement them? I heard him making promises of giving us many things to be proud of b the time he leaves office with his team. We should encourage and criticise analytically while waiting to hit them on their failures, as or, we cannot change anything for now. Without our supports,any government we put in place will fail.

olobe!
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by younglad007(m): 5:55am On Nov 19, 2012
I learnt he was commited to finishing the benin ore road

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by solomonkane(m): 5:56am On Nov 19, 2012

Well I am not Yoruba and I can say with confidence that you write like a deranged buffoon.

4 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by floriana(m): 5:58am On Nov 19, 2012
Reason we ended up with brainless as president. Eediot!

3 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by solomonkane(m): 5:59am On Nov 19, 2012
preshuzpearl: YoU guys fail to realise that our problems are not becos jonathan is president. Its becos y'all are dumb and lazy. U neva give our leaders reason to sit up and do something. You fold ur hands and wait for some aso rock magic to sweep off all ur challenges, you blame your shortcomings on bad governance, badmouth and pull back others who are making the effort. And dats why you never make progress. May God rid Nigeria of all of you:amen.

And may God rid Nigeria of mentally crippled people like you, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by odehaj: 6:00am On Nov 19, 2012
Mgbadike80: Jonathan should come and chat with us on nairaland, we will definitely do better than the journalists
aaah!if he comes to nairaland he will get high BP!
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by solomonkane(m): 6:03am On Nov 19, 2012
Well I learned that the president's aides are not to be trusted as they have been caught out as liars over not ONE but THREE issues. Also got clarification on some other issues but am still skeptical.
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Ttola(m): 6:05am On Nov 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Neither would executive cluelessness solve the problems of this country

If this is all Retardeen Jonathan has to offer then I am sorry . I eat twice a day, I eat simple food, I eat fish peppersoup. I dont drink Kaikai, I drink ogogoro. WTF

It just reinforces that we have a retardd for a President

[If Retardeen Jonathan has a PhD no wonder Dangote is making PhD holders drive trucks

couldn't really get past this!
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by markus1133: 6:07am On Nov 19, 2012
useful stuff.
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 19, 2012
that we aint in a democracy,but in a committicracy,alo learnt i was not wrong to expect anything
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by odehaj: 6:10am On Nov 19, 2012
Jubal01: Lyk my president said, ppl r ONLY N ALWYS lukin 4 ur fault 2 castigate u. Its obvious al of u 'lynchin' Jonathan hia avnt held any 'reasonable' leadershp positn b4. U al dnt knw d rudiments of it. Do u tink 9ja is lyk ur wretched houses? Bring Bush o Obama 2 rule 9ja n de'l resign in 1wk. Y cnt u ppl c atlst even 1 positv in dis man? Let me tel u al dis slowpokes castigatn GEJ d hard, bitter truth. HE IS UR PRESIDENT N DIA'S ABSOLUTELY NTN U HATERS CAN DO ABT IT. U beta get used 2 it. He stil av 3 solid yrs more. DIE HATERS! God bless GEJ our president!
This guy,pls get a life!stop being in the cocoon of tribalism&religion.Remember the people you are saying "can't do nothing"trusted&voted for your clueless gej!...and,why the heavy abbreviation??
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Maxymilliano(m): 6:16am On Nov 19, 2012
This is thread is just lend credence to the fact the country's problem is not only that of leadership but followership. Nigerians don't really know what they want and that's why they get their mind disabused easily by conjectural assumptions that we read on daily basis.

Here is a President that comes out to offer us enough ground to hold him accountable, yet some people still claim not to make anything meaningful from the chat. How else are we to hold a government accountable if not by their words? This are the same people that understand easily most of the news churned out by rumour mills and even jumping into conclusions but fail to see the government sincerity in clarrifying most of the false notions.

With this attitude of ours, sad to say that it's not yet morning on creation day.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 19, 2012
wesley80: Eh yah, I see why you were so disappointed. You obviously were expecting GEJ to solve Nigeria's problem through a media chat! Sorry dear, it doesnt work that way.
No one is under any illusion, the country's numerous challenges are obvious to all and the one person feeling the heat is GEJ -take my word for it- Now what's the message when hopelessness pervades like you guys have demonstrated? Simple: Hope, and that's exactly what GEJ has given, anything less and he wont be a leader.
Now what I expect educated folks to do is to objectively and critically evaluate the foundation on which GEJ is building the Hope he's selling to the nation and arrive at a conclusion whether or not he should be given the benefit of doubt but sadly, all I've read are pathetic emotional comments bereft of substance. I think we as a people have got to grow up and understand what the term 'nation building' entails, we all have a role to play in building the country of our dreams and it starts with Giving our brains a chance!

what nation building policy has the president implemented or executed since he assumed office?
Just like we Have people who are critical of the govt same with those who are bootlickers and sychophants without benefits or reasons.
I see NOTHING different in the chat and for bigots and tribally eccentric individual, with supposed brains like that of a snail who saw spectacular things in the chat can plz tell us probably i was deep asleep when he was saying those things.
Our President has shown he lacks the vision to at least take this nation somewhere obj claimed he was building us a sustainable foundation i wonder what awo,azikiwe, balewa all built then and IF Gej is still scratching the surface then He should leave office as businesses are crumbling and nothing works in the system obama won reelection not because the mess bush left him was too much to get rid of but while he was asking for more year the people could see how he had at least brought them outta the woods.
I as a citizen does not have the patient to wait till 2015 before i start to believe. You start to know a soup that will turn out good while it is in the process of been cooked not when its done.
He better resigned and pass the mantle to a more capable hand who can turn things around in the most reasonable and acceptable time! It can be DONE!

4 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by mfm04622: 6:26am On Nov 19, 2012
What I leant was GEJ knew Nigerian fuel is being smuggled to Benin and he will not do anything about it. He will not even sanction the Custom Boss under whose watch such smuggling is going on. Which means we are subsidising Benin's fuel consumption
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by ABUGEORGE(m): 6:34am On Nov 19, 2012
That president need serious deliverance, has for d journalist u people are nothin, cant u just say d pains of nigeria dan to be using vocabulary to cover up some issue. Well bird of d same feather flock together. President would have come online in one of dis social network, no be chat e want i trust my naija people he go see question run. While will i waste my time listenin to all ready made chat while i gat a ghetto to go relax and think how my tomorrow in take better. Nonsense president,

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by ITbomb(m): 6:40am On Nov 19, 2012
sarutobie:
My brother,in all my life I have never seen such illogical,sentimental and hypocritical set of people like many nigerians..
I never see people as sentimental as Nigerians, once their mind is fixed , all logic fails.

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by ABUGEORGE(m): 6:43am On Nov 19, 2012
Jubal01: Lyk my president said, ppl r ONLY N ALWYS lukin 4 ur fault 2 castigate u. Its obvious al of u 'lynchin' Jonathan hia avnt held any 'reasonable' leadershp positn b4. U al dnt knw d rudiments of it. Do u tink 9ja is lyk ur wretched houses? Bring Bush o Obama 2 rule 9ja n de'l resign in 1wk. Y cnt u ppl c atlst even 1 positv in dis man? Let me tel u al dis slowpokes castigatn GEJ d hard, bitter truth. HE IS UR PRESIDENT N DIA'S ABSOLUTELY NTN U HATERS CAN DO ABT IT. U beta get used 2 it. He stil av 3 solid yrs more. DIE HATERS! God bless GEJ our president!
. By their foot u shall know dem, dis is one of d president agents who think is wrong for his other people to receive fresh air just has he his receivin fresh air. Do u know u and ur president are fools both president comment and ur comment, may God help and save our country naija. God we need a wisdom person who can take over naija not Jonathan
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by siobahn: 6:51am On Nov 19, 2012
By 2015, Nigerians will know that Jonathan and his team meant well for Nigeria - GEJ
4 years is not enough - GEJ
The president eats 2ce a day
Committees are still working, no report submitted
Ex-presidents are businessmen
He will fix Benin-Ore road
I create wealth not reduce poverty - Jonathan
FG is not in dialogue with BH (hope BH boys watched this media chat)
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by chucky234(m): 6:54am On Nov 19, 2012
wesley80: Not surprised that was all you learnt, comprehension has always been a national problem. If you need someone to make sense of the interview for you, why not ask politely instead of resorting to uncomplimentary adjectives like "verbose" and "vague" to describe an interview session others found pretty refreshing?
Pretty refreshing? Did you watch a different session of the chat from the one I watched last night,am I missing something here.
Re: What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? by kawkab: 6:58am On Nov 19, 2012
X-factoria: Sometimes, I get confused by the cravings of Nigerians.

When OBJ came with iron hands and the stubborness that can only rival that of a goat, we said he was too hard. Now, here is Jonathan, communicating in the most simplistic manner and approaching issues calmly, we are saying he is a retardeen because he doesn't brag or issue arbitrary threats like OBJ, allowing free and fair elections and we are still asking him if he was worried that PDP is losing in some states.

So what do we really want in Nigeria? We are a confused people I swear!!!!!

Thank you for you post. The problem is that Nigerians have been hit by the quick fix bug. The same bug that makes people want to make money fast, students want to pass exams without reading, we want everything now. No one one is denying the fact that things are really very bad in the country; but we must also admit sincerely that the level of decadence cannot be solved or reversed in a day. Growth is a process and with growth comes development.

Jonathan may not be all we expect; but no man is a summation of the character definition that exist in the mind of others. We should take him for who he is and he he is doing his best to see that the nations problems is solved.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose / Photos: Gov Ugwuanyi Leads Residents To Welcome Osinbajo At Enugu Airport / Patience Jonathan Made Her Money From Gift And Gratification, IYC Tells EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.