Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,916 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! (6361 Views)

Are White People Superior To Blacks- I Believe So / The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians / Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 26, 2012
just like some people(western) will say sub-saharian African/Black Africa etc ......ask to any single Africa u meet where he is from he will tell you Africa(not sub-sharian Africa /white africa or black-africa as if it even exists) undecided whats with ur obsession to classify people with the color of their skin lmao
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by JallowBah(f): 8:15pm On Nov 26, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: Africans never referred to themselves as Black we do not consider color skin unlike Western who are really psychopathic about that ....There is no such things as black people but since some people have been stolen from their lands(BA and others islanders) the word black has been invented to them by their masters(white) in the optic to destruct their identity saying m wrong is just a denial cause we all know who created the word black(as a reference to a group of people) and if you watched Admistad when the slaves arrived there is a dude who ask them who they are none of them said we are black none of them even said Africa cause the Africans of the past identified themselves to their kingdom and their ethnicity .period they gave so much answers that the white man as usual(lazy and wicked) decided to gather all those origins in one word :"BLACK" what is black? a race? an ethnicity? tell me what is the meaning of black?

I watched Amistad when I was just a little girl. In school, actually.
And if anyone ask me where I am from, I will say the country. If they ask what colour I am, like people tend to do in this forum even, I say I am white. What do you mean I should say that I am, then..? "Well, I would consider myself light-pink mixed with kind of a white sense into it, you know. "

Black is a colour. White is a colour. They are different. We have eyes, we see the difference. In the dark, how ever, we all look the same.

CAMEROONPRIDE: since when GTFOH is an insult ? it simply means that ur presence here is not wanted undecided

I don`t know how YOU were raised, but I was raised to believe that if people tell you "to get the eff out", that is, in fact, an insult. There is no need to be rude to people unless they are rude to you first.
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by JallowBah(f): 8:17pm On Nov 26, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: just like some people(western) will say sub-saharian African/Black Africa etc ......ask to any single Africa u meet where he is from he will tell you Africa(not sub-sharian Africa /white africa or black-africa as if it even exists) undecided whats with ur obsession to classify people with the color of their skin lmao

I always wondered why african people don`t answer what country they are from when I do ask where they are from.
"Where are you from?"
"Africa."
"....what country?"

Do any white people say "I`m from Europe", or do they tell you the country?

...and, I was not the one who started to talk about skin-colour heresmiley
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2012
JallowBah:

I watched Amistad when I was just a little girl. In school, actually.
And if anyone ask me where I am from, I will say the country. If they ask what colour I am, like people tend to do in this forum even, I say I am white. What do you mean I should say that I am, then..? "Well, I would consider myself light-pink mixed with kind of a white sense into it, you know. "

Black is a colour. White is a colour. They are different. We have eyes, we see the difference. In the dark, how ever, we all look the same.

a fam answer to the questions u were pointing fingers that we avoid confrontation now answer till then don't quote me back... and u confirm what i said ur society made you refer to people on their skin color ......but in africa they will ask u your ethnicity or your region of origin ... and i consider myself African...of course black and white are colors who said the contrary i have never said we r the same so do not even think about that feel free to call yourself white but don't call us with all your color stuff.
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2012
JallowBah:

I always wondered why african people don`t answer what country they are from when I do ask where they are from.
"Where are you from?"
"Africa."
"....what country?"

Do any white people say "I`m from Europe", or do they tell you the country?

...and, I was not the one who started to talk about skin-colour heresmiley
moost of those white made countries are not even +60yo OUR ETHNICITY EXISTED YOUR PEople lived in caverns our continent existed /shined.and ruled the world your people was cannibal ...thats why we identify ourselves by our continent that u try to rob from us ...thats why i will always say m African but if the person insists i say Cameroon ..but the real reason we answered Africa is because yall are uneducated i don't see the point to tell to your people that m from Cameroon or EWondo when they don't even know how many states they have in their own country , when most of you don't even know the name of your president , when most of you think Africa is a country in few words..we try to avoid headaches .......
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by JallowBah(f): 8:33pm On Nov 26, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: a fam answer to the questions u were pointing fingers that we avoid confrontation now answer till then don't quote me back... and u confirm what i said ur society made you refer to people on their skin color ......but in africa they will ask u your ethnicity or your region of origin ... and i consider myself African...of course black and white are colors who said the contrary i have never said we r the same so do not even think about that feel free to call yourself white but don't call us with all your color stuff.

When I ask where people come from, I expect to know the country, which, in most cases, is where they consider their region of origin..
How am I reffering to people on their colour, when I ask where they are from?
Are you blind? If I was walking in Nigeria, people would call me oyinbo, and ask where I am from. Is that good...?
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by JallowBah(f): 8:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: moost of those white made countries are not even +60yo OUR ETHNICITY EXISTED YOUR PEople lived in caverns our continent existed /shined.and ruled the world your people was cannibal ...thats why we identify ourselves by our continent that u try to rob from us ...thats why i will always say m African but if the person insists i say Cameroon ..but the real reason we answered Africa is because yall are uneducated i don't see the point to tell to your people that m from Cameroon or EWondo when they don't even know how many states they have in their own country , when most of you don't even know the name of your president , when most of you think Africa is a country in few words..we try to avoid headaches .......

No, many of the "white-made-countries" are much older than that, actually.
But we all came from Africa at some point, yes. So why the hate towards me because I am -not- black..? Cause that is what this is about; you told me to get out of the thread because I am white.

Trust me. They do teach us geo in school. They do teach us that Africa is a continent, not a country. They even teach us a little bit about the different countries, imagine that!
I guess that shows that you are just judgemental ( you and others who answers Africa when asked, if they do it of the same reason ), and look down upon white people.
And, we are back where we started, you don`t like me, simply because of the colour of my skin. That is, in fact, racism.

And, my country don`t have a president.
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 26, 2012
JallowBah:

When I ask where people come from, I expect to know the country, which, in most cases, is where they consider their region of origin..
How am I reffering to people on their colour, when I ask where they are from?
Are you blind? If I was walking in Nigeria, people would call me oyinbo, and ask where I am from. Is that good...?

how many African Countries do you know and r least their capitals .... maybe your husband country only tho even that m not sure undecided so tell us why do u expect us to tell u the name of our countries when u(ur people) basically knows none of them...YOU guys at least heard about Africa(war-tone, diseases(AIDS ECT) famine ..you know Africa) so when i say m African m pretty sure u have the right image....but if i say m Ewondo or Nigerien u will ask me which food is this and all the others dumb questions that usually come after undecided..m African stick to that ...m not Black
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 26, 2012
JallowBah:

No, many of the "white-made-countries" are much older than that, actually.
But we all came from Africa at some point, yes. So why the hate towards me because I am -not- black..? Cause that is what this is about; you told me to get out of the thread because I am white.

Trust me. They do teach us geo in school. They do teach us that Africa is a continent, not a country. They even teach us a little bit about the different countries, imagine that!
I guess that shows that you are just judgemental ( you and others who answers Africa when asked, if they do it of the same reason ), and look down upon white people.
And, we are back where we started, you don`t like me, simply because of the colour of my skin. That is, in fact, racism.

And, my country don`t have a president.
PS: i talk about in general (the western world)not only Norway which have for capital OSLO guess what i didn't use google.....please Enough with the old BS: we all come from Africa
for the geo part m not going to believe that the only thing u learn about Africa in your bleeped up school is ancient Egypt and yet it's a whole bunch of lies...
can you make a list of the African countries which are +60 m waiting
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by JallowBah(f): 8:45pm On Nov 26, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: how many African Countries do you know and r least their capitals .... maybe your husband country only tho even that m not sure undecided so tell us why do u expect us to tell u the name of our countries when u(ur people) basically knows none of them...YOU guys at least heard about Africa(war-tone, diseases(AIDS ECT) famine ..you know Africa) so when i say m African m pretty sure u have the right image....but if i say m Ewondo or Nigerien u will ask me which food is this and all the others dumb questions that usually come after undecided..m African stick to that ...m not Black

If I was told a country I had not heard about, then I would ask, of course. If you never ask, how will you learn anything? And if people ask, that is a positive thing; it shows interest. I do not see how you can consider it a negative thing.

I.ex: the americans believe some crazy things about my country as well. They think there are polar-bears in the streets, rein-deers running around, no public communications, only mountains and fjords, and penguins, and winter year-round, with 5meters of snow. But it`s not. That how they picture it, because of what they have been told. And if they ask me...I will correct them, and tell them how it really is. How else will people know??

And I know of more countries in Africa then my husbands. But their capitals? Nope, I am not THAT goodsmiley

If people ask about your culture, your food, your music, you should be PROUD, not annoyed.
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 26, 2012
JallowBah:

If I was told a country I had not heard about, then I would ask, of course. If you never ask, how will you learn anything? And if people ask, that is a positive thing; it shows interest. I do not see how you can consider it a negative thing.

I.ex: the americans believe some crazy things about my country as well. They think there are polar-bears in the streets, rein-deers running around, no public communications, only mountains and fjords, and penguins, and winter year-round, with 5meters of snow. But it`s not. That how they picture it, because of what they have been told. And if they ask me...I will correct them, and tell them how it really is. How else will people know??

And I know of more countries in Africa then my husbands. But their capitals? Nope, I am not THAT goodsmiley

If people ask about your culture, your food, your music, you should be PROUD, not annoyed.
stop talking to me condescendingly ..learn/study some African ethnicity.period ....white on white stupidity wettin my concern undecided
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by JallowBah(f): 8:49pm On Nov 26, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: PS: i talk about in general (the western world)not only Norway which have for capital OSLO guess what i didn't use google.....please Enough with the old BS: we all come from Africa
for the geo part m not going to believe that the only thing u learn about Africa in your bleeped up school is ancient Egypt and yet it's a whole bunch of lies...
can you make a list of the African countries which are +60 m waiting

I did not say I knew all the african countries. Do you know how long it`s been since we learned geo in school...?
I know some. Nigeria, Senegal, Gambia, Ghana, Zambia, Marocco, Somalia, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Congo, Angola, Niger, Mali,Sudan, Liby, Liberia, South-Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, Guinea ( Same as papa new guinea...? ), Ivory cost, Guinea bissou, Kenya, Uganda, Zimbabwe..

That is the ones I can remember without googling. But I can see that I missed out on some. And their capitals? Nope, no chance. Only Gambia, Nigeria and Senegal.
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by JallowBah(f): 8:50pm On Nov 26, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: stop talking to me condescendingly ..learn/study some African ethnicity.period ....white on white stupidity wettin my concern undecided

Why you turn like that? We were having a good discussion. Lol.

Where is the white stupidity here..?
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 26, 2012
JallowBah:

Why you turn like that? We were having a good discussion. Lol.

Where is the white stupidity here..?
American description of your country is white on white stupidity
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 26, 2012
JallowBah:

I did not say I knew all the african countries. Do you know how long it`s been since we learned geo in school...?
I know some. Marocco, Liby, Guinea ( Same as papa new guinea...? ), Guinea bissou,
why was i expecting something new...smh
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by JallowBah(f): 8:54pm On Nov 26, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: American description of your country is white on white stupidity

No, it`s just plain lack of teaching in schools.

You think gambians who have even went to college know much about my country..? Nope. And I don`t mind telling people about it either.
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by JallowBah(f): 8:55pm On Nov 26, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: why was i expecting something new...smh

Care do explain me that one..? Something new, and then you just copied a few of the ones I remembered..?
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2012
JallowBah:

No, it`s just plain lack of teaching in schools.

You think gambians who have even went to college know much about my country..? Nope. And I don`t mind telling people about it either.
An African will never think that ...realtalk ...people make us look so bad that African are even surprised when they see white sleeping in the street ...
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2012
JallowBah:

Care do explain me that one..? Something new, and then you just copied a few of the ones I remembered..?
and u dare asking ....its MOROCCO. LIBYA. GUINEA BISSAU. (and its different form PAPUA GUINEA talk about geo lessons smh)...like i said ,,,,,u know what i said right?
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by JallowBah(f): 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: An African will never think that ...realtalk ...people make us look so bad that African are even surprised when they see white sleeping in the street ...

Yes, they wouldsmiley I don`t even have the number on how many africans I have met in the capital who, when I tell them I am from way up north, ask me about polar bears. I laugh every, single time.
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by JallowBah(f): 9:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: and u dare asking ....its MOROCCO. LIBYA. GUINEA BISSAU. (and its different form PAPUA GUINEA talk about geo lessons smh)...like i said ,,,,,u know what i said right?

Oh, I am soooo sorry that I spelled it wrong. I though you wanted the NAMES, I did not know it was a spelling-contest?

Like I said; Long time since I had those lessons. Don`t try to tell me you remember everything you learned in school more than 15 years ago, honey.

And Btw; In my language, Marocco is written with an A. My computer ain`t too good, so the A in Libya fell away. The rest; pfft, pure misspelling. Guess that never happens to you, uh? You`re grammar ain`t perfect either, so to try to call me out on that is kinda...low.
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by navygrl: 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2012
Pagan how can you use evolutionary differences in subculture to disprove evolution in general? Black refers to only the negroid subject not all of dark skin. The aborigine that left the African continent 60,000 years ago tend to be darker in completion but are of a separate subset (only 5 recognized worldwide). And yes all Asians are mongoloid dispute diff in completion and features which are cause through evolutionary adaptations to their surroundings. Even caucasoid which includes the Mediterranean and Arab regions differ in completion and stature. Its based on DNA genomes not features. I suggest you buy a gene sequencing kit (by the way it was introduced through a Indian anthropologist not the "evil western/white blah blah blah" and see how your own genome maps out. You may be surprised. A global genome mapping was done a few years ago and west Africans tend to include Turkish and Arab genomes in their DNA. Just an FYI. Your rant which has not evidence to back up and has already been disproven genetically and anthropological makes you look foolish
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2012
JallowBah:

Yes, they wouldsmiley I don`t even have the number on how many africans I have met in the capital who, when I tell them I am from way up north, ask me about polar bears. I laugh every, single time.
stop with all your made stories .... no one is going to buy that .....maybe he was pitching a joke at you to make u feel how dumb u guys usually sound
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2012
JallowBah:

Oh, I am soooo sorry that I spelled it wrong. I though you wanted the NAMES, I did not know it was a spelling-contest?

Like I said; Long time since I had those lessons. Don`t try to tell me you remember everything you learned in school more than 15 years ago, honey.

And Btw; In my language, Marocco is written with an A. My computer ain`t too good, so the A in Libya fell away. The rest; pfft, pure misspelling. Guess that never happens to you, uh? You`re grammar ain`t perfect either, so to try to call me out on that is kinda...low.
it's not a spelling contest ..dnt worry i just an ignorance exposition ....so i should say norvay or morvay/morway and then back it up with a lame i spelled it wrongly just admit.... tongue
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by JallowBah(f): 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: stop with all your made stories .... no one is going to buy that .....maybe he was pitching a joke at you to make u feel how dumb u guys usually sound

Yeah, all of them did that. /irony.

The fact here is..you can`t come with anything here that I can not argue against, and you see that. Being rude to me don`t work. It`s not gonna get you anywhere.
Telling lies and saying I started about colour, don`t work. I called you out on that too.
Saying that only whites don`t know about blacks don`t work either, so what is next?
Oh, wait..you tried to go on my spelling, that`s true. Yeah...nice try, though.
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by JallowBah(f): 9:05pm On Nov 26, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: it's not a spelling contest ..dnt worry i just an ignorance exposition ....so i should say norvay or morvay/morway and then back it up with a lame i spelled it wrongly just admit.... tongue

Well, you spelled OSLO and not Oslo. Which is the correct way.

And I am not the one calling others out on spelling, that was you. I ain`t scared to admit my wrongs..smiley
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2012
JallowBah:

please Grammar ni spelling ko ..everybody make spelling mistake ...but those were not spelling mistakes and are u going to say that your PAPUA Guinea and Guinea bissau confusion/ignorance was a spelling mistake?
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by JallowBah(f): 9:07pm On Nov 26, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: please Grammar ni spelling ko ..everybody make spelling mistake ...but those were not spelling mistakes and are u going to talk your PAPUA Guinea and Guinea bissau conusing/ignorance a spelling mistake?

Yep, spelling mistake.
I know how to pronounce the names, that don`t mean I know how to spell it.

Like the name Aladji. I have NO idea if that is the right spelling, but I do know how to say it.
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2012
JallowBah:

Well, you spelled OSLO and not Oslo. Which is the correct way.

And I am not the one calling others out on spelling, that was you. I ain`t scared to admit my wrongs..smiley
i pressed the caps lock that's it
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by JallowBah(f): 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: i pressed the caps lock that's it

...and sometimes when I am writing, I write, and don`t even look up to check if I am writing correctly. Sometimes, I even hit the wrong letters, Imagine that!
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2012
this is not about racism or whatever u want to call it...WE R AFRICAN not black last time i checked we were free to call ourselves the way we want ....
Re: Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2012
JallowBah:

...and sometimes when I am writing, I write, and don`t even look up to check if I am writing correctly. Sometimes, I even hit the wrong letters, Imagine that!
u missed the point ....western are uneducated.period .why are u avoiding your GUINEA confusion that wa funny tho grin grin we r used to that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hilarious Meanings Of "Eh Hen" In Nigeria / Looking For An Igbo Name For My Baby Boy / How Often Do You Speak Your Native Language At Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.