Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? (9333 Views)

Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One / Divorce Or Till Death Do Us Part? / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 19, 2012
This is an emotional and sensitive topic, so i'd welcome mature and sincere responses only.

If you were in a deep relationship or you were married, and suddenly lost your mate/spouse to the cold hands of death,
at what point do you finally delete their phone numbers from your phone,BBM and then switch off thier phones forever?
Days, Weeks, Months or years?
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 19, 2012

5 Likes

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by greatgod2012(f): 9:18am On Nov 19, 2012
I lost a beloved elder sister in 2009, and im yet to delete her number, i dont know why, but i always feel relieved and comfortable each time i scroll down and i see her number.

3 Likes

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:24am On Nov 19, 2012
HUH!!?!
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Chedarking: 11:25am On Nov 19, 2012
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Ariyke: 11:26am On Nov 19, 2012
Its nt gonna be dat easy to delete a dead loved ones number

2 Likes

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by RedLight1: 11:26am On Nov 19, 2012
cos i can stand it.... besides what is the essence of keeping his/her number i can never call again.. if i keep the number, it will be bringing back the memory of the person, that will make me sad

2 Likes

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Shieldjnr: 11:26am On Nov 19, 2012
When u fill like is the matter of choice

1 Like

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 19, 2012
Personal choice.. For me, it brought a closure... Life goes on...
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by megxo(m): 11:29am On Nov 19, 2012
geskiya, i lost a friend during d recent Mubi attack n eryday i see his digits on ma phonebook,i feel sober, bt i cant still delete it........ cry

2 Likes

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Born2beRich1(m): 11:30am On Nov 19, 2012
Is only one loved one that died then and her number is still in my phone..cry...as for others(not being sentimental here) before the person die sef the number don delete from my phone.....

1 Like

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 19, 2012
It all depends on how good the person is to me. If the person is a good fellow, i won't delete his number for good memories. But if he's a bad fellow, i will delete his number few seconds after his death. No one luvs to remember a bad memory!.

1 Like

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by azpekuliar: 11:32am On Nov 19, 2012
At some point I will have to delete it. For me, when that number is eventually recycled will be the latest time to let go. There are other ways to remember a loved one, than clutching on to a number!

1 Like

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by cooljoe(m): 11:32am On Nov 19, 2012
Me m nt deleting anythin. Dose numbers stay 4 gud!

2 Likes

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by nosagold(m): 11:35am On Nov 19, 2012
Ariyke: Its nt gonna be dat easy to delete a dead loved ones number

Well that's yur own opinion and you re entitled to it
I don't think ther is any reason to keep d person's number, picture on yur phone especially wen you love dat person so much
I deleted my mum's pics nd her number after her funeral cuz I felt they were of no use, wenever I see her pics then, I wud start to cry, asking myself "so I won't see you again in this life?" I had to delete all her pics nd her number from my phone nd it helped ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ so much
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by bblacky(f): 11:36am On Nov 19, 2012
i wud wish ma fone b lost jst afta d news of dr death s broken! Dat way, d numba no go de 4 ma retrieved line.....nt easy to delete, eziokwu!!

1 Like

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 19, 2012
I lost my Mum 3 years ago. Her number is still on my phone and my Daddy charges the battery of the phone every week.

I will never delete the number because it is etched in my memory.

2 Likes

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Jarus(m): 11:40am On Nov 19, 2012
I don't delete until the phone gets lost or damaged and I lose all the contacts, in which case it won't make sense to save anew.

2 Likes

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by bblacky(f): 11:40am On Nov 19, 2012
nosa gold:

Well that's yur own opinion and you re entitled to it
I don't think ther is any reason to keep d person's number, picture on yur phone especially wen you love dat person so much
I deleted my mum's pics nd her number after her funeral cuz I felt they were of no use, wenever I see her pics then, I wud start to cry, asking myself "so I won't see you again in this life?" I had to delete all her pics nd her number from my phone nd it helped ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ so much

Yeap ?? may b right! Buh clicking on dat option key and selecting delete kinda mk one feel guilty somehw, ?? thnk d dead r watchin ?? and r wondering if ?? hd rly lvd dem to wanna erase memories of dem soooo quickly.

1 Like

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Soulcaine(m): 11:42am On Nov 19, 2012
Took me about a yr to delete my late mom's phone no. Hers was the longest. Just made up my mind as there was no point having a no i couldn't call.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Bigboy100: 11:45am On Nov 19, 2012
I haven't deleted my mumsy's number since July 2007, I feel it's a sign of honour to her. My Aunty's number is still on my phone since Febraury when she died. Its just a sign of remembrance and honour. May their gentle souls rest in perfect peace .
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 19, 2012
it's a personal decision,i still keep mine for remembrance!
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by whitedove(m): 11:57am On Nov 19, 2012
Well, it depends on the kind of bond that existed between the decease and you! For instance, my wife died late last year, i still keep her photo in my wallet....as for the number; it's still on my phone, as crazy as this may sound, i call the number once in a while.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Gabrielsylar(m): 12:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
How can I keep a deceased number on my phone
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by nosagold(m): 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
bblacky:

Yeap ?? may b right! Buh clicking on dat option key and selecting delete kinda mk one feel guilty somehw, ?? thnk d dead r watchin ?? and r wondering if ?? hd rly lvd dem to wanna erase memories of dem soooo quickly.

Yea I kinda agree wif yu buh lyf has to go on, I have to move on, keeping such memories wil nt add anything positive into yur lyf
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by nosagold(m): 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2012
whitedove: Well, it depends on the kind of bond that existed between the decease and you! For instance, my wife died late last year, i still keep her photo in my wallet....as for the number; it's still on my phone, as crazy as this may sound, i call the number once in a while.

What if she picks up yur call when nxt yu dial d number?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
Phew! After reading comments before mine, I am relieved to find out I'm not weird. I lost a cousin in Feb and a very good friend on the ill fated Dana Air crash in June. I havt and don't plan to delete their phone contacts. I still have my pal's bb profile on my bbm contact list. I feel I need to have them there to pay homage once in a while or smtg.

2 Likes

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by dilbert100: 12:06pm On Nov 19, 2012
tough one.....and down to each individual........ me, well as soon as i felt i could.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by asemota2012: 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
I choosed to keep my late wife phone no on my phone for a very long time but I suddenly stop seeing it and wouldn't know how it got deleted frm my phone,I kept it with me
for a long time because each time i see anything that belongs to her around me it brings back the whole memory of the short life we both had together and i see myself weeping
uncontrollably even if it happens inside the bus or in the public place i just couldn't bring myself under control over that till tommorow.it is a bad experience friends,may God help us

1 Like

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
I haven't lost a dear one,I pray that I will never lose one soonest. But will I delete the number? Time will Tell.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Linguist(f): 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
I haven't deleted my late dad's number since august last year cos I still try his number just hoping he will pickup, its a year plus and am still in denial stage not wantn to delete it. Don't think I will now. So to answer dat its a personal thing, u can decide to keep or delete it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Starting Daycare / Zoe Rogers Gwynedd Death - Family Mourn 19 Year Old Missing Girl / You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.