Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? (9334 Views)

Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One / Divorce Or Till Death Do Us Part? / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by chux76(m): 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
vivacious vivi:

Shed some tears of my own reading this. Loosing a loved one is so hard! May God continue to give u d fortitude to bear your loss. Take heart.

Tnx..Ur words r really soothing

2 Likes

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Dotman14: 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
You may delete phone numbers at anytime you feel it's okay for you emotionally. But if you have to delete pictures, make sure you save it (back-up) somewhere else, because in the nearest future, you will need it so badly.

Before my mum died in 2009, we pleaded with both of our parents to take a photograph together, but both of them always gave one excuse or the other.

It was not until some months agos ( 3 years after she passed away ) that we took a photo of her's and merged it with a personal photo of my dad. If we had deleted/destroyed those pictures of hers, no one would have forgiven us.

So please backup the photos in several locations online, for later use.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by mrscolite(f): 6:30pm On Nov 19, 2012
Very emotional thread...zain/airtel already gave his no to someone else. RIP dad till we meet to part nomore cry
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by echobee(f): 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
i ave deleted my husband to be number,but cant delete him from my memory.it been two years since he died but his memory is still ever fresh.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by EfemenaXY: 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2012
This is such a painful thread... cry

2 Likes

Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by fellory: 7:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
Bigboy 100%:
I haven't deleted my mumsy's number since July 2007, I feel it's a sign of honour to her. My Aunty's number is still on my phone since Febraury when she died. Its just a sign of remembrance and honour. May their gentle souls rest in perfect peace .

Na chope bigboy be dis.holla
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by farydah: 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2012
An emotional thread indeed.....lost my dad in 2OO7 but his number is still etched in my mmry. Resaved it in my phone months ago even though the line has been reallocated. I still have my good friend and an uncle's contacts. Both died this year and i dont think I'd ever delete their BBM/phone numbers. Its comforting, in a weird way, seeing their contacts.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Caseless: 8:32pm On Nov 19, 2012
I lost my dad sometimes in july this year. Deleting his number from my farmily and friends' list was hard that i cried doing that. I stil have his number on fone....i jst can't delete his number.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by bisiswag(f): 8:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
Hmnn,this is such an emotional thread.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by rezzy: 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2012
I lost my younger sister last month. Anytime i scroll my contract list and see her number,i feel sad. But just cant delete it. I m using her phones cos nobody wants to use it.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by toygod2: 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2012
I delete them, when its really down on me,that i aint gonna see them again
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by adconline(m): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
Still have sister's no who was killed by a hit and run driver. I'm not thinking of deleting it soon. My only last memory of her was talking to her on the same line!
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
With everyone, it's different. Personally, I would delete the number as soon as the funeral's over. It's not like I can ever call the deceased with it. And I also feel it's unhealthy to hang onto it.

This is my humble opinion, others will do what's best for themselves.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by dnawah(m): 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2012
I still have my late father & my best friend number.one day my elder bros call me with my father's.omo i nearly faintded.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by dealordea(m): 10:43pm On Nov 19, 2012
What an emotional thread! Even though dad died in the early 90s, still can't forget I never get to speak with him before is untimely death but I hope I can find time to forgive myself for not getting to speak with him, wish I could just have a phone number to reach him in heaven and speak all my mind. Meanwhile a friend died last year and couldn't help to view is facebook page once in month because that was the only means I could get to remember him but always refreshing to go back on his fb page and say in my mind that he was remember. No contact of his phone number though.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Reptyle(m): 11:13pm On Nov 19, 2012
I lost a very very dear friend in the 2005 Belview plane crash. She was one of the air hostesses. I still have her number on my contact list and I do not plan to delete it. I feel like once I do that, I have disconnected the last link I still have with her. Perhaps because there was no body to bury, I never quite got the closure I needed. Once in a while, I still find myself dialling the number, somehow hoping that she will answer the call. All I hear is that the number doesn't exist on the network any more. I'd probably keep that number for life.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by BE811APP: 11:32pm On Nov 19, 2012
A frnd(Skol mate) of mine died last mnth... i was in total shock 4 2 weeks at a stetch...we pinged and discussed his wedding on saturday...planned to send me his traditional wedding pix and he died on wednsday...
afta some tym i had to delete him 4rm my BBM list...cuz anytym i see his name...i am alwz lost in thots..
it helped me move on...

a question to those married with a late spouse....when do u deem it right to get married again i.e if u r still young...cuz i dnt see my self loving anyone d way i love my spouse now...

may God forbid untimely deaths in our lifes..
Amen!!!
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Natiloni: 12:38am On Nov 20, 2012
I lost my best friend September 23rd 2007 about 2 weeks to our orientation Camp (NYSC) but 5 years after, I still have his numbers on my phone and messages too. I don't think I would have the the courage to delete his contact and messages. Initially it was total anguish, denial that it didn't happen and that someday, may be someday he might call. But coming to accept reality, all I have is fond memories of wonderful times we had and how difficult it is to find true (unselfish) friends. I seldom comment on NL but for me it is a very emotional issue. Please let's learn to appreciate the best friend(s) in our life while we can because life is truely uncertain.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by Cherish100(f): 1:47am On Nov 20, 2012
I once tried the number of my late grandfather a year after he died for dialling sake and someone picked! It wasn't funny at all. I almost threw my phone. When the person called back, it was my mum. She said she'd started using the line in memory of him. Another day I was sleeping and woke up when I heard my fone ringing. With dizzy eyes I looked at my screen and saw 'papa'. Na so I jump cheesy . Told my mom not to scare me again. I've since edited the contact name.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by XKZ(m): 9:21am On Nov 20, 2012
For me, never.
It's like a memorial.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by klam(f): 9:42am On Nov 20, 2012
I deleted it immediately, coz lookin at the no brings sadness nd fear into my heart.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by nagoma(m): 10:35am On Nov 20, 2012
echo- bee:
i ave deleted my husband to be number,but cant delete him from my memory.it been two years since he died but his memory is still ever fresh.

I'm sorry but it sounds more like Husband not to be".
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by blackbeau1(f): 10:50am On Nov 20, 2012
I lost my best friend in january.I haven't still been able to delete her number from my phonebook or facebook.so ,I think its a personal issue
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by cosmatika(m): 11:04pm On Oct 05, 2013
I had to delete my late uncle's number today. He wz buried last week. I found it hard to let go, but seeing his number on my contact everytime reminds me of d ugly incident. I wish dere wz nothing lyk death
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by drnoel: 8:23am On Oct 06, 2013
I feel pain whenever I see my dads number, we lost early this year. I dont think I will delete his number.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by nekkyontop(f): 11:57am On Oct 06, 2013
Even if I delete d number in my phone, I can't delete it from my brain. So no specific time to me
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by zoe123: 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
Cherish100: I once tried the number of my late grandfather a year after he died for dialling sake and someone picked! It wasn't funny at all. I almost threw my phone. When the person called back, it was my mum. She said she'd started using the line in memory of him. Another day I was sleeping and woke up when I heard my fone ringing. With dizzy eyes I looked at my screen and saw 'papa'. Na so I jump cheesy . Told my mom not to scare me again. I've since edited the contact name.

Reminds me of similar incidence that happened to me,3 weeks after my dad's death, my phone started ringing around 10:30pm omo see race i almost jumped out through the window,but after some minutes consideration i summoned up courage to pick the call only to discover say na my mum dey use the phone call, if no be say na my mama wetin i for tell her over the phone ehn.anyway it will be 1yr 30th of this month and i still have his no on my phone cant seem to delete it
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by egopersonified(f): 10:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
Lost a friend some years back, had to delete his number becos I always felt tempted to call the line and was scared if someone picks the call, what would I even say. He was in a car with another friend who was driving and his friend survived, till date when this guy calls I dont pick becos I still blame him for killing my friend, though it was an accident.
Re: At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? by cutiesoglam(f): 3:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
I lost my mom 4yrs ago, I stil v both of her nos and I call d nos once in a. Whileto see ifd nos v bin reactivated. Cos I stil av both sims wit me. I dunno y I do dt.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unmarried Women / Zoe Rogers Gwynedd Death - Family Mourn 19 Year Old Missing Girl / You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.