Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,199 members, 7,839,083 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) (1649 Views)

Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? / Delta State 2013 Budget - A Tale Of SCAMS, Hopelessness And Misplaced Priorities / Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
So can you also clarify this?

He was asked what he was doing as regards the culprit in halliburtton scandal he responded by saying it is better to let a criminal go free than to punish innocent man.
Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
It is only in a country like Nigeria President will attest to the fact that his cabinet members are criminal but refuse to punish them because innocent might be involved.

1 Like

Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by wesley80(m): 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
At the moment I'm betwixt between writing a response to the load of jargon copy-pasted by the OP and leaving @ Analist to do the honours. It's sad that most would be swayed by what I can oonly describe as pure emptiness veiled in an appreciable command of the English language but totally lacking in any substance whatsoever. A piece like this can only sway the already inclined, naive or the totally ignorant. It is sad that write ups as this are peddled about and lifted as trophies when in reality they represent a clear indictment of the so called opposition, revealing they only hinge their relevance on their ability to appeal to the emotions of the daft or those too mentally lazy to think for themselves. Sad!
Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
wesley80: At the moment I'm betwixt between writing a response to the load of jargon copy-pasted by the OP and leaving @ Analist to do the honours. It's sad that most would be swayed by what I can oonly describe as pure emptiness veiled in an appreciable command of the English language but totally lacking in any substance whatsoever. A piece like this can only sway the already inclined, naive or the totally ignorant. It is sad that write ups as this are peddled about and lifted as trophies when in reality they represent a clear indictment of the so called opposition, revealing they only hinge their relevance on their ability to appeal to the emotions of the daft or those too mentally lazy to think for themselves. Sad!

With due honour you have not contributed to the topic,if your view is infavour of president you can as well point it out clearly instead of condemning and castigating the great minds sharing ideas.

1 Like

Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by ANALIST: 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Thanks for the Twist........

I'm not bothered about that.

So can you also clarify this?
He was asked what he was doing as regards the culprit in halliburtton scandal he responded by saying it is better to let a criminal go free than to punish innocent man.

Again is that the same ideology he was using when bokoharam member arrested and few weeks later they were all released.

Does that mean there were no enough evidence to pRosecute this people.

How about Otedola/Farouk case is it also better to let criminal go free than punish innocents.

Who are the criminal and innocent?

To be candid, we must agree, if we are to critically understand the speech, that the Executive arm- where the president belongs is one out of the three amrs of government in fighting corruption. If we agree on this-because the Legislature makes the law, the judiciary interprets the law, then we are inclined without hesitation to concede that the only duty constitutionally obligated on the president is to prosecute the offenders through the Attorney- General and indeed all other relevant Agencies of government.

In Halliburton's case he meant, to my humble understanding that hence the case is sub- judice- a case before the court that the court are meticulously performing their judicious function; Judiciously and judicially to avoid sending the wrong and innocent persons to prison.

If we are carefully not to sale our memory, conscience and integrity to the wind of of political antagonism we should have not easily forgotten that one of the OBJ' s aid who was alleged to have collected, for his boss some sums was acquited on the alleged involvement. Recently too, Atiku's media men came to defend their boss over one of article analyzing this same issue in the leadership Newspaper to mean that the US agency that investigated the alleged corrupt transaction never indicted their Bosd, while the Nigerian panel did?

Can we also say that it was GEJ's inability, incapacity and all other derogatory adjatives used on him that made the court not to convict the alleged suspect?

The Boko haram issue that came up was not on why "have they not been convicted" but on "how the Gov't tends to stop their action" Which to every knowledgeable persons in security management will not reveal the so wanted solution needed by you, not even to his family, but with the security Chiefs who are supposed to keep same within themselves.

Remember the recent David Petreausof USA, who resigned only because his mail conversation with his Biographer suggests he may have compromised his post- which is discussing national security issues with a Person not in such position to have those sensitive issues.

I think that untill and when the Bokoharam issue is properly put to end and the group openly surrendered, any President that discusses the" how' s " to tackle them is doing so against Nigerian people because they will restrategise and over power the country.
And the escape of Kabiru Sokoto who was later caught and took the job of HAFITZ RINGIM and their prosecution as we all know are under investigation while some have concluded, including their alleged sponsor in the Senate- Ali ndume, are in court.

The Otedola vs Farouk is the most and apparent instance of how people can fraustrate administration of Judtice. The investigation as we know is ongoing hence, Farouk has refused to bring out the actual money that was allegedly marked by the security officials which make his conviction speedy.
I am also perplexed on how the police could not recover same, then I ask myself how long did it take police to lay hand on Farouk, is it not possible that he had spent the money or hidden it which frustrates the case for the police? The answers are yYES AFFIRMSTIVELY.

That the police or the SSS who claim to have given Otedola the money and failed to get him with same are to be blame and not GEJ or why they have not being convicted.
However, the president in his unflinching bid to fight corruption must make sure that such lapses are purnished adequately.

THE CRIMNINALS ARE THOSE WHO DIVERT THE WEALTH, RESOURCES AND MIND OF THE PEOPLE TO THEIRS, WHILE THE INNOCENTS ARE THOSE WHO KEEP THE TENENTS OF WHAT BINDS AND BUILDS US TOGETHER- the constitution and acceptable standards of life.
Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by wesley80(m): 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: I hope to see our 40 laptops Men to come and correct or better twist what this Lame man has just vomitted on the national TV.
Does this sound like a contribution made by a "Great mind" or even someone willing to tolerate a contrary opinion?

1 Like

Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
Thanks for your understanding......

But for Jonathan to show us he is fighting corruption indeed,I think a high profil case like Farouk/Otedola shouldn't be sweep under the floor.

You mention the marked money as exhibit but let me point it out that if Farouk has spent this money doesn't really matters.

The fact is that he collected it and their is evidence for that.

How come those who get indicted in Jonathans executive arms are still holding on to their position if not rewarded with higher post.

Thanks you mention Petreaus case,the gentle man resigned coz of error he made, that is the path of dignity and self respect.

The old man that was involved in subsidy probe got appointed to the board of directors of nnpc when the probe is not over and yet you think the report will not be biased.

Again Jonathan has confirmed it himself to admit that all his cronies has corrupt and it makes things difficult for transparency that we need.
Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2012
wesley80:
Does this sound like a contribution made by a "Great mind" or even someone willing to tolerate a contrary opinion?

I stand by my opinion
No sorry if you are against.
Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2012
There is only one thing Jonathan can do to make his wrongs right.......
Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by seanet01: 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: So can you also clarify this?

Speechless! Speechless!! Speechless!!! cool
Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
seanet01: Speechless! Speechless!! Speechless!!! cool

I have no option than to conclude that this government has every credibility to give justice.

The only hope of common man has been crashed.
Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2012
The criminal is better of walking free.

Is that the same theory applied to all those sponsoring boko haram.

Atleast he admitted the government knows all their sponsors but they are still free.

What happen to those innocent life been killed by the same people?
Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
In conclution

I can tell the whole Nigeria that the outcome of Presidential chat is an admmition of failure by the Presidency.

Whosoever believed in a failed government is like driving on a bridge that leads to nowhere.
Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by ANALIST: 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
On your analysis of education sector and how he handle the issues of the monitization policy which you apparently upturned the answers to the question on their head, the president never said that he was comfortable with the state of the Nigerian universities but made a clear case for improvement which why he had set up an indepedent committee. No one is oblivion of the fact that has aresponsibilty to carter for their state universities. On the basis of truth, more there are more dilapidated sate universities than those of the Federal.

This opinion of the President is not to be seen as a defense of the short coming of his educational transformation agenda, but a way of acknowledging the fact that Nigerian-both the state and federal need to intensify action on how best to improve our tertiary educational standard.

Quoting from your previous article on why you must not chose luck if you were to ask b God to chose among other gifts of God, I think you never deem it necessary to understand that Jonathan as at the time he ventured into politics was a PHD HOLDER, LECTURER and decided to become a politician; a deputy governor, a governor a vice president and now your president which proves you wrong that he lacks all that is necessary to assume his office other than what God's provision known otherwise as GOOD LUCK can grant to an ordinary man who believes in his GID wholeheartedly.

GEJ TO MY MIND NEVER BECAME A PRESIDENT BY AN ACCIDENT, LUCK, OR, MAGIC, BUT: PREPARATION MET AN OPPORTUNITY WHICh THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE ENDORSED THROUGH THEIR VOTES WHICH GAVE HIM VICTORY OVER HIS OPPONENT.
Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
ANALIST: On your analysis of education sector and how he handle the issues of the monitization policy which you apparently upturned the answers to the question on their head, the president never said that he was comfortable with the state of the Nigerian universities but made a clear case for improvement which why he had set up an indepedent committee. No one is oblivion of the fact that has aresponsibilty to carter for their state universities. On the basis of truth, more there are more dilapidated sate universities than those of the Federal.

This opinion of the President is not to be seen as a defense of the short coming of his educational transformation agenda, but a way of acknowledging the fact that Nigerian-both the state and federal need to intensify action on how best to improve our tertiary educational standard.

Quoting from your previous article on why you must not chose luck if you were to ask b God to chose among other gifts of God, I think you never deem it necessary to understand that Jonathan as at the time he ventured into politics was a PHD HOLDER, LECTURER and decided to become a politician; a deputy governor, a governor a vice president and now your president which proves you wrong that he lacks all that is necessary to assume his office other than what God's provision known otherwise as GOOD LUCK can grant to an ordinary man who believes in his GID wholeheartedly.

GEJ TO MY MIND NEVER BECAME A PRESIDENT BY AN ACCIDENT, LUCK, OR, MAGIC, BUT: PREPARATION MET AN OPPORTUNITY WHICh THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE ENDORSED THROUGH THEIR VOTES WHICH GAVE HIM VICTORY OVER HIS OPPONENT.

A univerty lectural which means he understood the level and state of our institutions.... Has he done anythinG to transform them NO.

The media chat is a platform to show your progress and government efficiencies.

Nigerians are tired of hearing committee upon committee....

Tell me a single committee that has brought a light to any issues.

Ribadu committee was suppose to be the only credible committee but it was sabotage by the same man planted by Jonathan and new committe was set up to look into that.

Jonathan is only a Pen in the hand of Godfathers.

You and I know that.
Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:18pm On Nov 19, 2012
Jonathan answers lack direction,improvement,progress and focus.
Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by anulaxad(m): 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
Jonathan never learns what a slut of man he promised to reduce poverty and i remember when he did then when they asked him yesterday not only did he reject that he never said that he did not want to talk about poverty reduction.he wants to higher subsidy rates and about the poverty thing he claims to
create wealth but wait hes talking about the country and not his people.and the lollipop head literally admitted to himself of being corrupt you lot may have not noticed but when it came to the question about corruption he was talking about how his trying to hide cases to deal will them personally and yes hide corruption is what he was talking about(hes too much grammar cant fool no one).the bleak head of his is not thinking well DON'T VOTE FOR HIM IN 2015 NO MATTER WHAT!
Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
anulaxad: Jonathan never learns what a slut of man he promised to reduce poverty and i remember when he did the when they asked him yesterday not only did he reject that he never said that he did not want to talk about poverty reduction.he wants to higher subsidy rates and about the poverty thing he claims to
create wealth but wait hes talking about the country and not his people.and the lollipop head literally admitted to himself of being corrupt you lot may have not noticed but when it came to the question about corruption he was talking about how his trying to hide cases to deal will them personally and yes hide corruption is what he was talking about(hes too much grammar cant fool no one).the bleak head of his is not thinking well DON'T VOTE FOR HIM IN 2015 NO MATTER WHAT!

It feels so good someone realize the ineffective of the solutions our so called President is dishing out.

1 Like

Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by Wadeoye(m): 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
ANALIST:

Never a wrong vote but, a process of social engineering that ca never be a magic wand.

Interesting... Then you are going to make the same mistake and again if you think if was not a wrong vote. Now tell me, what is wrong vote? And when can you call a vote "wrong"?
Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by Wadeoye(m): 9:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
ANALIST:

If the wrong candidate why did he win. Because you agreed that he won the election.

You are not making sense...
Re: The Plume Of Hopelessness ( President Jonathan’s Media Chat ) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
I can't help but conclude that analist is a paid agent.

You can as well say I'm wrong but I will back it up with evidence.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively / Anambra Gubernatorial Poll: SURE-P Secretary Nze Akachukwu Nwankpa Declares. / CNN Investigation: Niger Delta Ransom Money Funneled To Boko Haram?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.