Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions (33021 Views)

Man Who Represented Nigeria In Dubai Auto Racing Returns After His Car Crashed / If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here / Hamza Elrufai Had Accident During Car Racing Competition? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Jacksolo4me(m): 8:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hmmm...This thread packed enough C4 to bring down 3MB.

I would advise it be let to reside in 2013
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by speedfreak(m): 11:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
*deleted
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
"Respect the right-of-way of pedestrians. Always stop for any pedestrian crossing at corners or other crosswalks, even if the crosswalk is in the middle of the block, at corners with or without traffic lights, whether or not the crosswalks are marked by painted lines."

"The first purpose-built racing circuits[edit]
The Milwaukee Mile is the 2nd oldest motor racing track in the world, with racing being held there since 1903. It was not purposely built for motor racing, it started as a one-mile (1.6 km) horse racing track in the 19th century.

Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa is the oldest racing venue, and one of the most prestigious, in the United States. It was built in the late 1800s at the Marion County Fairgrounds in Iowa. It was built for a horse racing track, such as the Milwaukee Mile. Although sanctioned races weren't held until 1914, one automobile race was held in 1901. The race was not good because of the wind. But starting in 1961 the first Knoxville Nationals was won by Roy Robbins. Now the Nationals are sanctioned by the World of Outlaws.

From 1903 to 1914, a one-mile dirt oval track was run on Brunots Island, just south of Pittsburgh on the Ohio River. Louis Chevrolet won the AAA Champion car in 1905. On September 10, 1907, Rex Reinersten was fatally injured in a crash here. In 1916, Chevrolet won the first Universal Films Trophy at the mile and an eighth Uniontown Speedway board track,. south of Pittsburgh in Hopwood, Pennsylvania."

US has had a car race track since 1903. A bunch of oil kids high to very high end cars can't get together and build a race track in 2014.

Oh wait I forgot we're talking about Nigeria where lawlessness, selfishness rules the land.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by speedfreak(m): 6:44pm On Aug 27, 2014
hu cares abt tracks hit de streets niggas mehn u all shld c de races we pulled in kd wid arewa customs mehn smokin hot
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
speedfreak: hu cares abt tracks hit de streets niggas mehn u all shld c de races we pulled in kd wid arewa customs mehn smokin hot

If that's true then you should post a video of you doing your races in front of the Presidential villa.

NL will have to excuse me in the future when shiat eventually hits the fan because I will laugh and say "I told you so".
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Jacksolo4me(m): 7:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
speedfreak: hu cares abt tracks hit de streets niggas mehn u all shld c de races we pulled in kd wid arewa customs mehn smokin hot

Facepalm....

Sad but true...folks like these are amongst us.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 28, 2014
DarkknightAbj: Getting a dedicated track or lane just for speed racing is much of a dream in Nigeria talk less of Abuja, the papers and news feeds show a kilometre of road in Nigeria runs into a billion. the truth about it is that we dont have speed limits on the roads we drive, we basically just ride round town when traffic is very minimal or durning the weekends. basically we use express lanes and by-pass routes. when shows come up in abuja for stunts and drifts, we have the FRSC in place also in a controlled zone.

personally I dont think we are breaking any rules.
Well truly, no rules are being broken, as there are really no speed limits in Nigeria! But then again, there's the rules of common sense being broken
P.s I love this thread!
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 28, 2014
elbedso:
Well truly, no rules are being broken, as there are really no speed limits in Nigeria! But then again, there's the rules of common sense being broken
P.s I love this thread!

I beg to differ.

There are indeed speed limits in Nigeria.

Look at infraction #30

http://frsc.gov.ng/offences-and-penalties

1 Like

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

I beg to differ.

There are indeed speed limits in Nigeria.

Look at infraction #30

http://frsc.gov.ng/offences-and-penalties
Lol don't be funny. How many indicated speed limits did you see on the way to Ibadan? I mean road signs showing speed limits ..
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 2:22am On Aug 28, 2014
elbedso:
Lol don't be funny. How many indicated speed limits did you see on the way to Ibadan? I mean road signs showing speed limits ..

I understand your point but there is a prima facie speed limit that exists without speed limit signs.

Also there are speed limits on the way to Ijebu Ode (written on concrete piers). They're faded as heck though.

So a few years ago in Malibu (I think) a stolen (well Guy leased and stopped paying on it) Ferrari was speeding and ran into a pole. Cut the car right into two.

We won't have to even consider if it was violating speed limits.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 2:38am On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

I understand your point but there is a prima facie speed limit that exists without speed limit signs.

Also there are speed limits on the way to Ijebu Ode (written on concrete piers). They're faded as heck though.

So a few years ago in Malibu (I think) a stolen (well Guy leased and stopped paying on it) Ferrari was speeding and ran into a pole. Cut the car right into two.

We won't have to even consider if it was violating speed limits.
goodnight.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Timi1990(m): 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
well done guys @arewacustoms we need this in Lagos too. grin Lekki-Epe express way is the perfect location for this.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by ayukdaboss(m): 1:24am On Nov 19, 2014
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
Timi1990:
well done guys @arewacustoms we need this in Lagos too. grin Lekki-Epe express way is the perfect location for this.
third mainland bridge also undecided
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by showreals(m): 1:23am On Aug 22, 2016
Hmmmm...2016
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by rinw: 9:31pm On May 06, 2017
Hi...Please is ds race still on?
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 23, 2018
Bring back this thread
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
DonPiiko:
Bring back this thread
How far chief, Pls I'm still expecting.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 23, 2018
I know, remind me on Tuesday, I lost my ATM.
Holamscoh:

How far chief, Pls I'm still expecting.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2018
DonPiiko:

Oh sorry for that chief. It's alright i will.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by slimmoney(m): 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2018
Next racing date nd venue?
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 27, 2018
DonPiiko:

How far chief
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Victorkkv(m): 8:45am On Feb 19, 2019
If your car doesn't scare you, then its not fast enaugh

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Toyota Malfunction Indicator Lamp / Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) / Top Car Makers And Their Country Of Origin (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.