Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions (33046 Views)

Man Who Represented Nigeria In Dubai Auto Racing Returns After His Car Crashed / If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here / Hamza Elrufai Had Accident During Car Racing Competition? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Wallie(m): 8:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
Siena: Thanks for sharing these sobering video footage, Wallie. Sadly, many will see you as a killjoy, and feel these accidents were due to the driver's errors. They view themselves as "Professionals", and feel they're invincible, this could never happen to them.

You're welcome! I was afraid of that but wanted to counter people thinking that it's all about ceramic brake pads or vehicle brand. I won't even touch the "professional" term being bandied around. grin

This is what a professional can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Thomd4BQg

Here's a video why racing in any unprepped road surface is bad! The guy ran over oil at 0:16s in the video. Luckily, he has very fast hands to catch the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqxbmOK3dwc
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
Wallie: Thanks for the Advice and Observations shared...You Should be sure we have extensively reviewed and watched a lot of drift,drag and racing videos from various continents...just Cos we use the term Professionals doesn't equal perfectionist...c'mon we are humans and everyone is open to a mistake or two. You should be sure we have carried out extensive comparisons on road surfaces,weather and other factors that come into play.
I must Say av learnt a thing or two.

Siena: I think you have repeatedly passed your message on and on again. I appreciate your contributions and I have pointed out we are working on the loop holes we have, I don't see you all as killjoys as you think...the sarcasms in some of your post fall a bit below how I picture you...regardless I still have my respect for you.

To All: We working on a lot of Events and going back to our blueprints. Thanks

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
Thankfully on the two uTube videos it seems that they only managed to kill themselves and not innocent bystanders.

In a country where we don't have 911 or roving ambulances, this is going to be a sad ending.

Iku omi lo npa akinkonju, iku odo lo npa omuwe.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by mikkyphp(m): 5:41am On Dec 06, 2012
ok fine, we've heard all the Hoo-haas...Can we just cut the OP some slack? Please!!!
A great thread for enthusiasts is gradually being ruined! I gladly appreciate the safety minded people n all, but these guys seem to know what they are doing - they say they race in controlled environments.

@OP, do you guys do aftermarket vehicle tuning - like fitting a turbo/super charger, mod-exhaust, rear wing fitting, lowering suspensions, fitting a front splitter or rear diffuser n all? would be interested in car mods that enhance vehicle performace from the base model.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by pleep(m): 6:56am On Dec 06, 2012
Those videos have ruined the thread. That last one was preventable with seat belts, even a 15 mph crash can be fatal without
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 06, 2012
mikkyphp: @OP, do you guys do aftermarket vehicle tuning - like fitting a turbo/super charger, mod-exhaust, rear wing fitting, lowering suspensions, fitting a front splitter or rear diffuser n all? would be interested in car mods that enhance vehicle performace from the base model.

A turbo or supercharger is not a bolt-on affair. To run either, you'll need to have an engine build, that involves replacing your pistons with versions with lower compression, about 8.5:1. Non-turbo engines are typically 10.0:1 or higher, and running a turbo with these will blow your engine up. I'll give you a list of what's required to have forced-induction on your naturally-aspirated engine:

01) Forged pistons with lower CR.
02) H-section connecting rods.
03) Uprated head gasket.
04) Turbocharger.
05) Custom exhaust manifold.
06) Custom exhaust front section.
07) Larger injectors.
08) MAP sensor (minimum 2.0 bar).
09) Intercooler (if running 10 psi and above).
10) Custom induction piping.
11) Custom oil feed for turbo (tapped from main gallery).
12) Custom oil drain from turbo (involves drilling oil pan or engine block above the oil capacity level).
13) Stand alone ECU with MAP to run your larger injectors.
14) Uprated fuel pressure regulator (or rising rate unit).
15) Uprated cylinder head bolts.

You may be able to retain your own ECU, but it'll still need to be mapped to run larger injectors, and you'll need a separate ECU (piggy back)( to control boost and ignition curve. I have no idea where you'll get anyone in Nigeria who can map confidently. Your cooling system will definitely need beefing up, otherwise your engine will surely fry.

Adding boost to an engine is not a minor upgrade, if your shopping list doesn't look like the above, then I wouldn't bother.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by mikkyphp(m): 12:11pm On Dec 06, 2012
@Sienna
Wow! All these?
I see those 2 Australian guys do it on mightycarmods on youtube and it seems so easy! wow i better have a rethink and just settle with my naturally aspirated vehicle
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by pleep(m): 12:23pm On Dec 06, 2012
Mighty car mods. grin i love that show
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by captalex(m): 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
If you guys could borrow the airport for like a day or so, you would race your heart out.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 06, 2012
Siena:

A turbo or supercharger is not a bolt-on affair. To run either, you'll need to have an engine build, that involves replacing your pistons with versions with lower compression, about 8.5:1. Non-turbo engines are typically 10.0:1 or higher, and running a turbo with these will blow your engine up. I'll give you a list of what's required to have forced-induction on your naturally-aspirated engine:

01) Forged pistons with lower CR.
02) H-section connecting rods.
03) Uprated head gasket.
04) Turbocharger.
05) Custom exhaust manifold.
06) Custom exhaust front section.
07) Larger injectors.
08) MAP sensor (minimum 2.0 bar).
09) Intercooler (if running 10 psi and above).
10) Custom induction piping.
11) Custom oil feed for turbo (tapped from main gallery).
12) Custom oil drain from turbo (involves drilling oil pan or engine block above the oil capacity level).
13) Stand alone ECU with MAP to run your larger injectors.
14) Uprated fuel pressure regulator (or rising rate unit).
15) Uprated cylinder head bolts.

You may be able to retain your own ECU, but it'll still need to be mapped to run larger injectors, and you'll need a separate ECU (piggy back)( to control boost and ignition curve. I have no idea where you'll get anyone in Nigeria who can map confidently. Your cooling system will definitely need beefing up, otherwise your engine will surely fry.

Adding boost to an engine is not a minor upgrade, if your shopping list doesn't look like the above, then I wouldn't bother.

I've had continous luck with running relatiovely low boost on stock pistons and compression (though on some cars that alloss it, I've also used a slightly thicker head gasket to reduce the compression).

Adjusting the boost ratio to 5 or 6 psi can be accomodating.

In any case, I don't see the high caliber of machines on this thread needing any of those superfulous work anyways.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 07, 2012
Siena: Thanks for sharing these sobering video footage, Wallie. Sadly, many will see you as a killjoy, and feel these accidents were due to the driver's errors. They view themselves as "Professionals", and feel they're invincible, this could never happen to them.

^^ #truetalk!
Foolishness is in the mind of a child. undecided
unfortunately some grown folk are nothing but big kids. tongue
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by yungboss(m): 2:59am On Dec 07, 2012
lol. This whole thread!!!!!!!
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by yungboss(m): 3:13am On Dec 07, 2012
*Kails*:

^^ #truetalk!
Foolishness is in the mind of a child. undecided
unfortunately some grown folk are nothing but big kids. tongue
hmmmm, i think this issue has been well beaten. Lets allow troubled waters calm down...pleeaasseee, the Op i'm sure has taken the positives of your comments
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 07, 2012
yungboss:
hmmmm, i think this issue has been well beaten. Lets allow troubled waters calm down...pleeaasseee, the Op i'm sure has taken the positives of your comments
Please, let people air their views. You can't stop people from saying their minds. You either stop visiting the thread or get along.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by LeJeun3: 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
But like seriously, apart from a selected few on this thread, the greater majority feel that anything moving faster than they can walk is speeding and its rough and dangerous!

Learnt alot from stunting with cheap or expensive cars, and lot from many comments here. One thing that has always got me is the fact dat we have little or no roads in Nigeria to accomodate some things.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Wallie(m): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2012
Somorin#1:

I've had continous luck with running relatiovely low boost on stock pistons and compression (though on some cars that alloss it, I've also used a slightly thicker head gasket to reduce the compression).

Adjusting the boost ratio to 5 or 6 psi can be accomodating.

In any case, I don't see the high caliber of machines on this thread needing any of those superfulous work anyways.

At about 5psi on most NA engines, you can get "away" with a tune, turbocharger, oil pump and intercooler. Just run high octane quality fuel and/or E85 (if your car can take it) and you're good to go. But if you grenade your engine, no be me send you o. grin
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2012
Wallie:

At about 5psi on most NA engines, you can get "away" with a tune, turbocharger, oil pump and intercooler. Just run high octane quality fuel and/or E85 (if your car can take it) and you're good to go. But if you grenade your engine, no be me send you o. grin

That's a fact bro. But with Nigeria's crap pump gas, an lack of E85, we're talking major grenade, hehehe. grin
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by captalex(m): 7:34pm On Dec 07, 2012
how about jet A fuel used by the airplanes?
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by LeJeun3: 7:40pm On Dec 07, 2012
captalex: how about jet A fuel used by the airplanes?

Too light! And U'll more space to store it.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 07, 2012
Wallie:

You don't have to worry about me. No pain no gain. I have fresh blocks, crankshafts and heads in the shed.

While we're at it, are you Guys playing with NOS in 9ja yet?
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by captalex(m): 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2012
Somorin#1:

You don't have to worry about me. No pain no gain. I have fresh blocks, crankshafts and heads in the shed.

To use on which roads?

1 Like

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by yungboss(m): 8:21am On Dec 08, 2012
Somorin#1:

man i wouldn't even try using that in Nigeria
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Wallie(m): 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2012
Somorin#1:

NOS ke? Where would they refill the tanks?

But I do think major cities are in need of one or more tuning shops! If I were in Nigeria, I would have opened a shop in Lagos to do things like custom speaker enclosures, wheels up-sizing, jacking up SUVs, exhaust systems, tune installs, suspension upgrades, body kits etc. I would just need to find smart mechanics that can read and follow instructions.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by litaninja(m): 12:37pm On Dec 12, 2012
NOS? Turbo & Superchargers?
This is getting serious....come to think of it, never heard of a tuning shop in naija...
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by mikkyphp(m): 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2012
no tuning shops in naija.
i want a new front grill and rear wings for my Nissan Altima 2005!
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 12:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
HAPPY NEW YEAR smiley

1s every month DarkKnight MotorSports takes the monsters out for a Knights Of The Ashpalt cruise and photo shoot around the city of Abuja Nigeria. in our December cruise being our first, we pulled out the Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, Gallardo LP560-4, Audi R8 V8 and the Mercedes Benz SLS AMG and met up with ArewaCustoms with their 1976 Benz and the Custom kitted Civic Coupe "ArewaTron" from Kaduna State and Abuja's very own CCCE "Capital City Car Entertainment". Alot happened that day but hope yall enjoy this short video of the cruise... Happy New Year!!!! 2013 here we come sidewayss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEVRC9S93IU
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by dino2006(m): 2:51pm On Jan 12, 2013
Darkknight is d man mehn! Big fan of street racing.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by ElFenomeno1: 5:52pm On Aug 22, 2014
Lets revive this thread....... Common!
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
Why have the MODS not locked this thread already?
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
CityNG: Why have the MODS not locked this thread already?

Bro, I thought you'd be all for this. wink
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
Siena:

Bro, I thought you'd be all for this. wink

Oh for sure I did street racing In my youth yes but now I race on track days, autox and drag racing.

The other day I helped some punk get a ticket.

We were at a stoplight, I saw a motorcycle cop hiding just past the light but he couldn't see from his lane.

So I revved my engine and kept edging forward. Of course when the light turned green he was off like lightning, right into the hands of the police. Lol

These guys are playing with serious firepower and they really need to take it to the track.

City "Mr. Killjoy" NG

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top Car Makers And Their Country Of Origin (photos) / When Your Exotic Ride Is About To Be Kazeemed!!!! / Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.