Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions (33019 Views)

Man Who Represented Nigeria In Dubai Auto Racing Returns After His Car Crashed / If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here / Hamza Elrufai Had Accident During Car Racing Competition? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 02, 2012
Darkknight.Abj:
streets

i guess the red car is an Aston Martin, no?
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
n.oxide:
i guess the red car is an Aston Martin, no?

Jaguar XF.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
Hi cowgirl, the ban put on the FCT was made in reference to the stunts and drifts that go on in central area, a lot of people have been hit and bad injuries recorded...if you take time to notice you wouldnt find us there...you would probably get to see honda civics, nissans,toyotas and cars kids take from their parents to go and drift or stunt there (basically alot of them are teens and amateur drivers). If you watch our drift videos, they take place in controlled zones or at the abuja car show which the FRSC is present. So many people really dont understand alot of things that go on.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by cowgurl: 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
solomonkane:

ROTFLMAO!!! Try and apply the little grey matter in that cesspit you call your head next time before you post. Don't display stupidity again and you won't be called out. You chose your moniker well; cowgurl describes you perfectly but you forgot to add the fact that you are retarded. Now run along and go play with your dolls. E.O.D!!!

lol, you are just too lame for me to bother my sexy self about - seriously child, you need help and fast!
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 02, 2012
cowgurl: @Sienna,
these noisemakers said they were gonna arrest and prosecute racers who violate the ban but we all know they won't. I mean, these racers ain't the poor masses they can go about arresting anyway they deem fit they are kids of the elites, go through those links pasted here and you'll get where am coming from.
if only they can keep to their word of this bargain then we'll know we are heading somewhere.

I know where you're coming from. These guys will break the law, but being from wealthy / influential backgrounds, the Law will look the other way. I do get that. wink
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2012
I would appreciate it if personal issues can be discussed outside this thread...its sad, so much negative energy around here, lets all try and stay happy in as much as we have our various differences...life is short

1 Share

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by pleep(m): 9:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
Darkknight.Abj:
I would appreciate it if personal issues can be discussed outside this thread...its sad, so much negative energy around here, lets all try and stay happy in as much as we have our various differences...life is short
Amen! thats why you gotta enjoy life whenever possible. For some that means racing
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by cowgurl: 9:41pm On Dec 02, 2012
Darkknight.Abj:
Hi cowgirl, the ban put on the FCT was made in reference to the stunts and drifts that go on in central area, a lot of people have been hit and bad injuries recorded...if you take time to notice you wouldnt find us there...you would probably get to see honda civics, nissans,toyotas and cars kids take from their parents to go and drift or stunt there (basically alot of them are teens and amateur drivers). If you watch our drift videos, they take place in controlled zones or at the abuja car show which the FRSC is present. So many people really dont understand alot of things that go on.

Alright DarkKnight, am cool, don't wanna ruin your thread.

@Siena,
glad you did.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2012
Siena:

I know where you're coming from. These guys will break the law, but being from wealthy / influential backgrounds, the Law will look the other way. I do get that. wink

Siena Trust me if speed limits are put up on any of the roads we use, Have my word we wouldnt go above the limit...you all keep talking about laws...how can we be breaking laws when there are none on it.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2012
Darkknight.Abj:
Siena Trust me if speed limits are put up on any of the roads we use, Have my word we wouldnt go above the limit...you all keep talking about laws...how can we be breaking laws when there are none on it.

Knight, no worries. I have watched some of the Youtube videos, long before this thread was created, and some on here. It's not always about the speed, it's also about weaving.

But, point taken. We're all agreed Nigeria is a lawless country. I'm sure if one digs deep enough, speeds in excess of 140 km/h will be classed as excessive. But, we won't go there.

Not today anyway.

Back to Darkknight Motorsport's racing enthusiast thread. wink
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2012
Siena:

Knight, no worries. I have watched some of the Youtube videos, long before this thread was created, and some on here. It's not always about the speed, it's also about weaving.

But, point taken. We're all agreed Nigeria is a lawless country. I'm sure if one digs deep enough, speeds in excess of 140 km/h will be classed as excessive. But, we won't go there.

Not today anyway.

Back to Darkknight Motorsport's racing enthusiast thread. wink

Emphases on "WE USE" Again am not trying to justify anything here but the roads are by-passes/express lanes its not like we randomly pull up to corners wink
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by captalex(m): 10:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
Quick one, hw much did the sls amg cost you, and i wanted to know.if you guys bought all your cars new?
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by captalex(m): 10:37pm On Dec 02, 2012
And how do you guys cope with fuel scarcity in Abuja, your machines have to be well fed before they go hunting?
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 11:04pm On Dec 02, 2012
captalex: And how do you guys cope with fuel scarcity in Abuja, your machines have to be well fed before they go hunting?

the fuel scarcity actually is an advantage for us...it keeps the streets less busy, fuel is really not an issue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by LeJeun3: 11:15pm On Dec 02, 2012
I haven't seen, an Evo or Miata (Nissan or Mazda) ride! This a contest only for d strong and wild.

Brings to mind the greatest muscles in d biz! GT family
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DKMS: 1:09am On Dec 03, 2012
Darkknight.Abj:

the fuel scarcity actually is an advantage for us...it keeps the streets less busy, fuel is really not an issue.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 03, 2012
DKMS: Hi "darkknight" pls send an email to me at darkknightmotorsports@gmail.com i'd like to know who you are cuz u clearly have alot of my pictures.

Interesting.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DKMS: 1:30am On Dec 03, 2012
grin Am a Big Fan...jst wanted to pull some attention

1 Like

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by teebell90: 12:07pm On Dec 03, 2012
Thank God after all the pages of destructive criticism and e-insults, the temperature is finally down. But all said and done, Darkknight would have learnt something as well as others fans like me who love motorsport but must also learn to consider other road users as well as our integrity and image.
@ darkknight, you could generate funds do way they do it on facebook. Every click on your links send naira to ur account or the google adsense tin.
To all motorsport lovers: if you love motorsports lets put heads together and see how we can generate funds for this dream. No tree can make a FOREST.
will want you all to visit this page and see what they do, they may be Bike riders but i sure love the way they do there things.

http://www./41821268787/
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2012
CURVES wink

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 03, 2012
LeJeun3:

Oya U come and Delete it na! Funny people!

Illogical. If I was a mod I would have instantly locked the thread and issued a warning to the OP.

If our National Police had half a brain, they should confisticate all the vehicles shown to have been used in illegal street racing and charged the owners for breaking existing laws on the books.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by pleep(m): 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2012
YOU GUYS HAVE RED-BONES TOO! grin grin grin
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2012
Darkknight.Abj:
The truth is that nobody is hating on you guys as you think. Some of us here have one or more good cars as well. Taking it off the public roads would be the best option to avoid accident in the near future or going against the law. If you guys are actually wealthy as you are trying to portray here, why not get your own race track and put Nigeria on the world race map.

I am really in support of you guys taking it to the next level, not just child's play on the street for all year round. There has to be progress !
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by solhenawo: 9:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hey peeps,I hope these races are not conducted under the influence of 'NUVO or CIROC'. Great machines shown above. I hope to be in abuja soon , may be we can start truck racing too........have got a mack titan (cl713) E9 500.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 10:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
all4naija: The truth is that nobody is hating on you guys as you think. Some of us here have one or more good cars as well. Taking it off the public roads would be the best option to avoid accident in the near future or going against the law. If you guys are actually wealthy as you are trying to portray here, why not get your own race track and put Nigeria on the world race map.

I am really in support of you guys taking it to the next level, not just child's play on the street for all year round. There has to be progress !

all4naija i actually dont think anyone is hating neither did i mention the word hate in any of my posts, besides we are not also trying to portray we are wealthy to anyone as you mention. To be sincere with you i dont see a race track coming into play anytime soon, probably a long run vision. you all make it sound like it cost pennies to embark on a capital intensive project that would cost a couple million dollars. for now we would work on racing in controlled zones.
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2012
solhenawo: Hey peeps,I hope these races are not conducted under the influence of 'NUVO or CIROC'. Great machines shown above. I hope to be in abuja soon , may be we can start truck racing too........have got a mack titan (cl713) E9 500.

No thanks...No Alcohol smiley
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 03, 2012
Darkknight.Abj:

all4naija i actually dont think anyone is hating neither did i mention the word hate in any of my posts, besides we are not also trying to portray we are wealthy to anyone as you mention. To be sincere with you i dont see a race track coming into play anytime soon, probably a long run vision. you all make it sound like it cost pennies to embark on a capital intensive project that would cost a couple million dollars. for now we would work on racing in controlled zones.
Okay. let's assume I missed negative energies for hating. Nevertheless, there is need to upgrade this race. I really like it. You guys can call on sponsors, from Redbull to vitamins industries. Maybe with some influence something good can take off on the ground. You don't need to give up or feel defeated in finding a way to get this race track up. It doesn't have to be the supper standard race track like the Formula 1.

It is a capital intensive sport and investment on it is nothing bad. Just that our Nigeria leaders are not looking into some untapped areas of investment in that country. I hope one rich Nigerian will take this up. The spectators will pay watching it and the TV ads will bring in huge profits. I am seeing it as a lucrative business,dude.

I wish you try first before concluding on impossibilities.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by InvertedHammer: 8:34am On Dec 04, 2012
Dude:

That driving is insane and unsafe! Cease and desist please!!!
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by sheyma: 9:41pm On Dec 04, 2012
I dont think dark knight and crew knows how to drive,come watch me in my village drive my rikety beetle car cheesy, anywayz nice and dangerous stuff u got.i dont mind inviting me to test run dos machines o as per say na only beetle i don drive before grin grin
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Wallie(m): 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2012
1. People will always drive faster than the speed limit regardless of what anyone says.
2. You're decreasing your reaction time to control the car the faster you go.
3. With a car, ANYTHING can happen including brake failure, tires sliding on oil, flat tire, parts of the car failing etc. Are you prepared?
4. The more variables you can control in your race environment, the safer you are.

I've done my own share of stupidity and I thank God that I'm still here standing unscathed but not everybody will be that lucky! There's a reason I don't do bikes.

If you have good tires on your car and the road is dry, your stopping distance can be approximated as follows:

100 kph – 127 meters
110 kph – 154 meters
120 kph – 183 meters
160 kph – 360 meters
249 kph – 790 meters

Here's a video of a highly prepped Twin Turbo Gallardo that Crashed at 200+MPH (322 kph+). The driver walked away unhurt because his car was caged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1NU6xjTSY

Parts failure: Here's another video of a Subaru STi that crashed at 148 MPH (238kph) after the rear wing on the trunk (spoiler) broke at high speed and the driver survived because the car was caged. You can even see him getting out of the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LnmD7kxHUw

Suspension: Here's an Acura that skidded off the road killing the driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ-w69MVywg

Drifting: 5 people died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV7XF1wUivU
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Wallie(m): 6:58pm On Dec 05, 2012
Darkknight.Abj:

Have you ever heard of autocross? All you need is an empty parking lot, a timer and a lot of cones. It is a timed event to see who can drive the course the fastest. A great way to prove your driving skills and car control skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_HzYOGtnJU
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
Thanks for sharing these sobering video footage, Wallie. Sadly, many will see you as a killjoy, and feel these accidents were due to the driver's errors. They view themselves as "Professionals", and feel they're invincible, this could never happen to them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Toyota Malfunction Indicator Lamp / Wife Damages Her Lexus ES350 Car, Then Blames Husband (video) / Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.