Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad (112105 Views)

How Can You Add More Weight If You're Too Skinny? / Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? / I'm Too Skinny, What Can I Do To Add Weight? Food's Not Working..any Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by tunnytox(m): 11:28pm On Nov 19, 2012
I was skinny in my 20's and still skinny now in my late 30's (weigh 67kg) embarassed embarassed
@OP try Serious Mass if you can find it in Nigeria:

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/370684584091?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0

I hope it helps you, I took it for some weeks but my GP insists he won't endorse a very high protein consumption because of my underlining medical condition so I have to stop using it. I still have a very big bag of it at home (strawberry flavour) God knows I will give it to you cheerfully if I can get it over wink wink I perfectly understand how you feel as i was once in your shoes especially the rejection you might get from female folks. This may gear you up to work harder and be very successful. When I was in Nigeria, despite being skinny and unattractive physically (I am not ugly o as I have a very cute baby face but being skinny ruined it all) I was still able to pull beautiful babes as I had a very succesful business, drives a good car and dress very well.

1 Like

Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by Topeedo: 11:30pm On Nov 19, 2012
azpekuliar: To add weight do the following;

1. Take a lot of canned drinks.
2. Live a very sedentary life e.g no exercise, take a car from garage to the gate, avoid the stairs, use lifts.
3. Aha! Stay clear of fruits, vegetables & other plant-based foods!
4. Take lots of fast foods e.g canned foods, foods high in fats, cholesterol & animal-based diets.
5. Take just enough water to quench your thirst.

Then come back in a years' time to tell us how you're battling obesity. grin
DIS ONE NA RECIPE FOR CADIAC ARREST BEFORE UR R 23 O...IN UR INTEREST DONT LISTEN...LOL

1 Like

Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by Topeedo: 11:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
pleep: [size=30pt]DISREGARD ALL THIS YEYE ADVICE[/size]

Go online or to your supplement store and buy a tub of Creatine powder, this stuff is for making rapid muscle weight gains. Eat as much as you can according to the instructions on the container and hit the gym. focus on the upper body and don't do ANY cardio. This stuff works like magic my roommate uses it.
DATS A RECIPE FOR YOU TO HAVE A SMALL DICKKK...SURELY U WILL GET BIGGER, BUT TRUST ME AT D EXPENSE OF YOUR DICKKKK...YOU MIGHT NEED TO ADD VIMAX
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by Nextworldnx(m): 11:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
Wallie: With age your metabolism will slow down but for now, you can do the following:

1. Lift weights. Simplest and easiest way to look good enough to even start walking around in tank tops. Regardless of what I ate growing up, I remained skinny until I started hitting the gym.
2. Eat a lot of protein (meat, beans, eggs, chicken etc). Oats is not going to cut it as it is just carbohydrates.
3. Get some rest.

When I was your age, I weighed about 68kg and hovered around that weight for years! I was even a lot skinnier in high school but once I got to college, I started lifting weights and quickly developed huge arms and chest. My legs lagged behind but it was ok because I didn't wear shorts. Once I hit my 30s, it was like a switch got flipped and I started worrying about not having a neck!

Perfect. @OP, I just want to comment because I am in dsame shoe as u. But d difference is that, 7yrs ago when I was ur age and size I felt exactly what u are feeling now, infact I get comments like "flat chest" or "flat front and back", "U no dey eat?". It was demoralising, but I had to first "love" myself at all times regardless of whom I was dealing with. And it worked like magic because I suddenly had d confidence
to woo girls and I always had them. Even with my so called "flat" chest.
From what u describe, u are a perfect example of what they call a "Hardgainer". That is, no matter what u eat or do, it doesn't show on the outside. Why? Because ur body is a high calorie comsumption machine, more like a locomotive Engine. So what do u?

This what u will do;
1. Hit d Gym, u might struggle for d first few months, but eventually u will pitch in and u will thank me later.
2. U must eat! I repeat EAT! EAT! Like a Mad man, Especially Carbonhydrates and Proteins. Carbonhydrates gives u energy while Proteins build ur Muscles. Never allow ur emzymes to feed on ur proteins. Because u need those Proteins to build u. Let me give u a clue on how to eat, always get bread at arms lenght, when u wake up in d morning and breakfast is not ready or anytime u feel hungry without food in sight, just take a bite. It triggers a particular hormone (I've forgotten what doctors call it) which prevents ur emzymes from feeding on ur proteins.
3. Don't mind those saying u shudnt do exercise. Rather do a lot of it, especially push-ups, don't worry if u can't do much initially (I cudnt do more than 10 myself until I hit d gym, now I go 100). Push ups is more like reverse bench-press. And its gonna make ur chest pump out in no time.

My two cents

2 Likes

Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by chinosxl(m): 11:52pm On Nov 19, 2012
Op, to gain weight u need to eat alot of carbs and proteins with some vegetables.

Carbs: potatoes, yam (pounded yam), "loi-loi", rice etc
Proteins: fish, chicken, beef, eggs, beans, milk
Fat/foods high in fat: avocados, olive oil/fish oil, alot more.
Vegetables: Any form of fruit juice will do.

You should eat 5 meals per day, 3 large meals containing mixture of the above. i will suggest your meals in ratio of 50%carb,35%protein,10%vegetables,5%fat. Small meals between ur large meals with high calorie fruit juice.

Most important: workout, lift weights, 40-50 push-ups 3 times per day, 3 days per week. 15-20 pull-ups 3 times per day, 3 days per week. For lower body u can put some weight on ur shoulders and squat up and down or run up and down some stairs.
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by sallyopy(f): 11:53pm On Nov 19, 2012
Ds poor guy asked for ur help and not to destroy him with unhealthy eating habit
azpekuliar: To add weight do the following;

1. Take a lot of canned drinks.
2. Live a very sedentary life e.g no exercise, take a car from garage to the gate, avoid the stairs, use lifts.
3. Aha! Stay clear of fruits, vegetables & other plant-based foods!
4. Take lots of fast foods e.g canned foods, foods high in fats, cholesterol & animal-based diets.
5. Take just enough water to quench your thirst.

Then come back in a years' time to tell us how you're battling obesity. grin
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by bigfrancis21: 12:08am On Nov 20, 2012
purplebrown: Hi, I'm a 20yr old guy and I'm underweight (naturally, high metabolism) and I can't stand it. I weigh between 50 and 55kg. People always say "wow, you're so freaking skinny do you ever eat", and "Wow, you are SO small".

I feel like crying when People say that. I sometimes even find it hard to approach girls because of my weight. I've been made fun of for as long as I can remember, I really want to know if there's any way that I can gain weight.

I don't want to be fat, I just want to have an average body. I eat healthy and I eat 2 or 3 times a day, I have Oats every morning for breakfast. I don't exercise much, I played soccer in high school but now I'm 20 and I'm in college, so I spend most of my time studying and when I'm free usually I watch tv and chart with friends on skype.

I love my self so much and I try so hard to avoid what people say about me. I'd really appreciate it if u give me a list of food I should eat and stuff I should do in order to at least gain weight.
I totally understand your situation. My situation is the opposite. I have always been chubby during my secondary school days and this somewhat made me look older than my age by say 4 years. I also have this natural tendency to put on weight easily. During my IT period in lagos, I lived a sedentary lifestyle and ate rather too much. I grew quite fat that I was beginning to look late twenties (while I was only 21 then). Some people I'm way too sure are older than me were beginning to call me 'sir'. cry I didn't like how I was looking so I had to work on my weight. Over a space of few months I shed a lot of weight and began to look my age again. I currently have a big muscular stature, given my large heavy bones, and I couldn't have looked any better. Now, I eat twice a day and strive daily to maintain this current weight.
So my advice would be to check what eats up your body fat and try to curb it. And finally, accept your body for what it is worth. You may not be able to change your body type in the end but remember that God still loves you unconditionally. I may still look two/three years older than my age but i've come to 100% terms with it and it bothers me no more.
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by ciwi: 12:08am On Nov 20, 2012
tunnytox: I was skinny in my 20's and still skinny now in my late 30's (weigh 67kg) embarassed embarassed
@OP try Serious Mass if you can find it in Nigeria:

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/370684584091?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0

I hope it helps you, I took it for some weeks but my GP insists he won't endorse a very high protein consumption because of my underlining medical condition so I have to stop using it. I still have a very big bag of it at home (strawberry flavour) God knows I will give it to you cheerfully if I can get it over wink wink I perfectly understand how you feel as i was once in your shoes especially the rejection you might get from female folks. This may gear you up to work harder and be very successful. When I was in Nigeria, despite being skinny and unattractive physically (I am not ugly o as I have a very cute baby face but being skinny ruined it all) I was still able to pull beautiful babes as I had a very succesful business, drives a good car and dress very well.
Pls send 2me......pleaseeeee
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by tunnytox(m): 12:18am On Nov 20, 2012
ciwi:
Pls send 2me......pleaseeeee
If you live in the UK mate, I can't get it over to Nigeria it's too heavy. The last time I came to Nigeria I have to pay for extra luggage to take some along for my brother.
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by BodyKiss(m): 12:57am On Nov 20, 2012
Good foods you can eat that are known to contain good fats are; Avocado, Peanut butter, Walnut, Turkey, Chiken, Sweet potato, Oat meal, etc.

Foods like eggs, red meat and fast foods have high calories, but they're also high in cholesterol and saturated fat. It's better you avoid them, they're known to cause heart disease.

One important thing you should know about getting fat and the number of times you eat is that it doesn't matter, what matters is the number of calories the food you eat contains or number of calories you burn a day. You can eat five times a day, if the food is low on calories, it will make no difference.

Avoid foods that will make you drink too many water, they will make you consume less calories because you'll hardly get hungry. Don't eat too much or heavy food, because the number of calories that will require to digest such food might be more than the number of calories the food contain. It's better to eat small potion of food and more than the three time a day.

Try consuming like 3000+ calories a day. I believe that will help, if it doesn't, you can increase it.

1 Like

Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by Blyss: 12:59am On Nov 20, 2012
purplebrown: Hi, I'm a 20yr old guy and I'm underweight (naturally, high metabolism) and I can't stand it. I weigh between 50 and 55kg. People always say "wow, you're so freaking skinny do you ever eat", and "Wow, you are SO small".

I feel like crying when People say that. I sometimes even find it hard to approach girls because of my weight. I've been made fun of for as long as I can remember, I really want to know if there's any way that I can gain weight.

I don't want to be fat, I just want to have an average body. I eat healthy and I eat 2 or 3 times a day, I have Oats every morning for breakfast. I don't exercise much, I played soccer in high school but now I'm 20 and I'm in college, so I spend most of my time studying and when I'm free usually I watch tv and chart with friends on skype.

I love my self so much and I try so hard to avoid what people say about me. I'd really appreciate it if u give me a list of food I should eat and stuff I should do in order to at least gain weight.

Do nothing. Once you get in to your early 30's, your metabolism will naturally slow down and you will begin to rapidly pick up weight over time from that point. You will then need to begin monitoring your weight gain so that you don't become obese.
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by Blyss: 1:02am On Nov 20, 2012
BodyKiss: Good foods you can eat that are known to contain good fats are; Avocado, Peanut butter, Walnut, Turkey, Chiken, Sweet potato, etc.

Foods like eggs, red meat and fast foods have high calories, but they're also high in cholesterol and saturated fat. It's better you avoid them, they're known to cause heart disease.

None of this will work if his metabolism is too high. His body will burn all that stuff off before it even gets a chance to build up in his tissues.
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by ciwi: 1:08am On Nov 20, 2012
tunnytox:
If you live in the UK mate, I can't get it over to Nigeria it's too heavy. The last time I came to Nigeria I have to pay for extra luggage to take some along for my brother.
Its ok. The fact dat ur willing 2give it out shows dat U̶̲̥̅̊ have a good heart. Som other peeps will b talkin of selling it. I hope I find it here in naij. Tankz
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by denzel2009: 1:19am On Nov 20, 2012
wear agbada everyday you'll feel fat.
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by BodyKiss(m): 1:23am On Nov 20, 2012
Blyss:

None of this will work if his metabolism is too high. His body will burn all that stuff off before it even gets a chance to build up in his tissues.

Oops, just saw this after modifying my post.

What I posted is no theory, I've been in that position before and it worked for me. Some of my friends didn't believe I could add weight, and were surprised when I did. I added very noticeable weight.

If he consume high enough calories (3000+) each day, he will surely add noticeable weight in about a month+.
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by KINGwax(m): 6:08am On Nov 20, 2012
Avoid exercise, hit the gym, which one the guy go listen to self?
But listen to my sure p:
shey u knw dt vitamin given to pigs and broilers? You knw am?
Good. Chop with bull dog's food for 3months. If your condition no improve after these months, consult your vulcanizer!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by morewealth(m): 6:14am On Nov 20, 2012
pDude: Me sef wey nor dey drink beer, I dey wonder why my belle just dey big everyday. Abeg guy, rejoice o. Your metabolism is like my dad's own.
you dey chop dirty food na. And na sh**t full your belle
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by martinkem(m): 6:23am On Nov 20, 2012
As someone who was once skinny i can only advice you to do these three things.
1. Start drinking milk morning and night
2. Start doing push ups or press ups, start with a target of 100 in the morning and another 100 at night and drink a glass of milk before you sleep, then gradually increase the number of push ups you do week by week. make surr you keep to the target even you dont feel like it.
3. Get as much rest as you can after the exercises.

I did it for three weeks and i moved up a few cloth sizes and was the go to guy in my department in my third year.
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by drchingy: 7:11am On Nov 20, 2012
[b][/b]Guy I'm very skinny too n I used to get teased a lot too.buh I never cared. d truth remains that no matter how u look people will still ve bad tinz to say to u so itz all I ur head.never let wat people say get to u.agbani darego used to called ugly duckling in school buh she didn't let it get into her head now she's one of d most beautiful galz in d world. I'm a young successful Dr n nobody teases me anymore.everyone admires me n want to be like me.
So d moral of d story is be self confident,don't listen to wat people say,love urself n people will love u.
Work hard n be successful.
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by jayslickyslicky(f): 7:27am On Nov 20, 2012
@OP,iƒ you want to add some flesh,drink a mixture of malt n tomatoe sauce(preferably tin tomatoe).do this for one to two weeks.you will see yourself putting up some weight/flesh n look health...wishuluck
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 20, 2012
jayslickyslicky: @OP,iƒ you want to add some flesh,drink a mixture of malt n tomatoe sauce(preferably tin tomatoe).do this for one to two weeks.you will see yourself putting up some weight/flesh n look health...wishuluck

wetin u dey lick grin grin grin
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by specimenx(m): 7:52am On Nov 20, 2012
start gyming... if possible register. it can spread out and arrange yr body

1 Like

Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by Jolomsguy(m): 8:01am On Nov 20, 2012
Please get Lepa_cious Bose the comedian to consult for you. Gbam!

However, be thankful to God for what you are now, because out there people are struggling to have it, if you doubt it, go out very early in the morning to see how fat people are praying even while they are going through hell to bring down/burn off calories by jogging for distance every morning.

Take care
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by vislabraye(m): 8:13am On Nov 20, 2012
Some people have said what I wanted to say. Take a lot of protein or amino acid drink.
Lift some weight and you're good. Don't mind those people who say you should take junk food.
By the way how much do you weigh?
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by ba7man(m): 9:12am On Nov 20, 2012
Learn to work on your content(the person within) and not d exterior. True,exercise for fitness but I'm d same and i don't see things from your angle. Be confident of who u are.
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by emcemayo: 9:55am On Nov 20, 2012
LIFT WEIGHT HEAVY ONES TOO AND EAT WELL KAPISH!!! MY BROTHER WAS QUIET SKINNY TILL HE STARTED LIFTING WEIGHT HE LOOKS AWESOME NAW FOR HIS 6 FEET PLUS HEIGHT. ANOTHER GO TO STORY IS '' THE STORY OF THE IRON MAN'' BY HENRY ROLLINS GOOGLE IT.
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by buchibabe: 11:24am On Nov 20, 2012
komek: U can also take MAWU MAWU. I don't no if the spelling is correct. If u dey Naija, ask any YORUBA person,

Hmm na bloating tins" b dat o
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by Slimboy94(m): 12:05pm On Nov 20, 2012
I'm also veri skinny and pple always tell me nt to use anything
Y don't they put themselv in my shoe , they are only saying that cos they don't knw wat i'm goin thru
The funniest part is dat pple will tellu different ways and u won't even knw the one to choose to the extent that u'll finally try the wrong one and still remain skinny
I'm tired of wanting to be fat buh still yet i wanna gain some weight

2 Likes

Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by seyibrown(f): 2:24pm On Nov 20, 2012
@ OP,

Just wait till you get married and settle down. The love of an amazing woman can work wonders! grin grin grin Many have gone through this phase you are going through.

1 Like

Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by silvernus0: 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2012
[b][/b]Becoming fat and gaining weight depends on your mindset

most times as a young chap u tink about how to make money , how to get into school ,how to pass jamb, how to please that girl who has been boardering your mind,

but wen you grow more old and have most achievements of life such as a wife ,kids, your worries about tinz is minimal and u begin to add weight.

also if u have sometin dats seriously boardering your mind you lose weigh .

so my broda time will heal ur wonds ........Becoming fat and gaining weight depends on your mindset

most times as a young chap u tink about how to make money , how to get into school ,how to pass jamb, how to please that girl who has been boardering your mind,

but wen you grow more old and have most achievements of life such as a wife ,kids, your worries about tinz is minimal and u begin to add weight.

so my broda time will heal ur wonds ........
Becoming fat and gaining weight depends on your mindset

so my broda time will heal ur wonds ........
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by klam(f): 8:44pm On Nov 20, 2012
Helo MR, wen i was six-months pregnant i weighed 56kg-58kg. Now dat ve givin birth i weighed 55kg nd am nt complaining talkless of u 20yrs of age worrying about ur stature. En if you dont like it dat way then b eating 1pac of omo 3times a day jor.
Re: I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad by Besto(m): 9:22pm On Nov 20, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting / Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For / Man Suffers Penile Fracture During Rigorous Sex (Graphic Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.