Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:22 PM

No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? (21908 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / After Childbirth How Long Can You Wait Before Sexual Intercourse??? / Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by tunapawizzy: 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
ziondaughter:
if u dont know wat to comment on just move on. if ur sister is test runned like dat n later d guy starts giving stories, on top of dat she gets pregnant again will u like it? in dis nigeria dat we have so many opportunist as men
WEYTIN BE UR WAHALA NOW, IS IT THAT DIFFICULT FOR U TO PROCESS INFORMATION, CANT U SEE MY POST WAS A SARCASTIC RESPONSE(NOT AN ENDORSEMENT) TO SOMEONE'S POST

1 Like

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by initiator(m): 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
The predominant attitude to infertility in Nigeria is one of shame and helplessness within the background of a culture that places a high premium on childbearing.

Let us be straight about what infertility is: The inability of a couple to conceive despite one year of regular unprotected intercourse in women under the age of 35, and six months in women older than 35.

With our population in excess of 150 million people the rates of primary (when a couple has never achieved pregnancy) and secondary (a couple who have been pregnant previously but are no longer able to conceive) infertility estimated together affect about 30 percent of our married couples. 1 in 4 couples need assisted reproduction.

Such couples can explore IVF treatment which in simple terms is, the fusion of the egg from the woman with the sperm from the man outside the body which should then result in the formation of an embryo (the developmental stages of a baby) following fertilisation. The embryo is subsequently transferred into the uterus of the woman, where under the right conditions; it should implant and develop into a healthy pregnancy.

You can check up more on www.thebridgeclinic.com They were the first in Nigeria and do it so damn well.

Regards

5 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by eikeem(m): 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
Forever.
I didn't marry my wife solely cos of children. If I wanted only children, I would have chosen to be a father without being a husband.
Adoption is not a taboo. Although we already have kids, we are still contemplating adoption.

4 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
tony_m1: UNTIL GOD TIME, HE WILL DO IT AT THE APPOINTED TIME

lmao......thou shall wait a long time
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by redcliff: 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mynd_44: If/when I marry, it will be because I love that woman and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. It will be because I could not near to go a day without seeing her face, can't eat without hearing her voice and not be able to sleep without her in the same bed not because of kids.

If I wanted kids, I could as well stay unmarried and knock uo the first girl I see.

Cheers

mumu

1 Like

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
I didn't marry primarily to have kids. If the children do not come, then we'll be there until they come. No time limit.

3 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
redcliff:

mumu

You are the mumu.....Mynd44 gave a solid answer.

6 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by juman(m): 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
Clerverly: Six months at most, then i will remarry tongue

Habah!

It depends on the cause of the situation. But if both are clean, four years of wait then take another wifey.
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by AGgal(f): 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mynd_44: If/when I marry, it will be because I love that woman and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. It will be because I could not near to go a day without seeing her face, can't eat without hearing her voice and not be able to sleep without her in the same bed not because of kids.

If I wanted kids, I could as well stay unmarried and knock uo the first girl I see.

Cheers
. Tnk u bro,u've said it all.

2 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by tunapawizzy: 2:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
juman:

Habah!

It depends on the cause of the situation. But if both are clean, four years of wait then take another wifey.
EVEN U HABAH
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by MacLovington(m): 3:08pm On Nov 22, 2012
I think it depends on the couple. Such things should be agreed on beforehand: if you both want kids or not and when to start. if the man is 45 and woman is 39, you can't really wait for too long.

People keep talking of God here. Faith is good. Fact is infertility is common. It has always been. Many people will not have babies naturally.

I know of a couple who just had a baby a few months back after years of trying. We only heard from another person that it's through IVF. Many of those testimony miracle babies you see in your church may well be IVF babies. Help yourself if you can.
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by sylve11: 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2012
9 cool
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by fittty(m): 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2012
No baby in 2months then imma have a babys momma kiss
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by sylve11: 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2012
95% of the people who commented on being patient are hypocrites. cool

2 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by juman(m): 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
tunapawizzy:
EVEN U HABAH

Bros, so wetin man go do? Wait for ever? grin

Ori omo lon fa omo wa ( the head of one child will bring another child).
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by ignis: 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
tunapawizzy:
NO DELIVERY NO MARRIAGE U MEAN, BECAUSE NO BE EVERY PREGNANCY DEY RESULT IN SAFE DELIVERY
Daft headed. What if the child dies immediately after marriage. And the woman loses her fallopian tube after the first birth.
The best policy is to wait and trust in God.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by greall1: 3:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
Hunn
tunapawizzy:
NO DELIVERY NO MARRIAGE U MEAN, BECAUSE NO BE EVERY PREGNANCY DEY RESULT IN SAFE DELIVERY
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by buchibabe: 3:25pm On Nov 22, 2012

Cheers

Easier said dan done. Hope family n peer pressure won't make u change ur mind then? I pray u won't be in dat position o. Its nt easy na God
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by aurenflani: 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2012
Toaskarity: I wont marry just because of kids. I will marry because i love her.
I also believe there is nothing wrong with adopting a kid. Now this is my point of view and i know most nigerians wont agree but its still a free world.

Yea a free world that is why I Will Mary a second wife.
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by JohnRogo(m): 3:57pm On Nov 22, 2012
Hard question to answer by most Africans! As for me if i love my wife.... I will for eternity
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by salolo(m): 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2012
no matter how long its takes, the power of God is able.
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by JohnRogo(m): 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2012
Hahahahahahaha
2scorehigh: For the men, how long can you wait before seeking other options if your wife is unable to conceive after marriage? Which options will you take? Take a second wife? Try to have a child outside wedlock? Seek adoption...?

As for the ladies, how long do you think you can wait after marriage before you start getting worried? Will you pressurize your husband or support him to seek some of these other options? What exactly will you do?
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by salolo(m): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2012
salolo: no matter how long its takes, the power of God is able.
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
AM nt yet married so cant say 4 mysef...... Bt i guess it would be normal to get worried........bt we r nt God....we should seek him b4 marriage...if he really told u b4 marriage,he or she is d 1 den everything would work 4 ur good.....non shall be barren in his land..trust in God @ all
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by SELFWORTH: 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
sylve11: 95% of the people who commented on being patient are hypocrites. cool

I agree.

Until It happens to you, you don't know how you will react . Especially for those men still under their parents apron strings. Some husbands will bow to pressure from parents and friends faster than you and I can say jump. I have seen it so many times.

Until they realise, the problem is with them . Then everything will go cold on the " threats" front. All so called "friends & family" will vanish. Everyone including the husband will suddenly wake up to the realisation that only GOD can give children. Even with all the IVF treatment in the world, in GOD's OWN time only, will He give a child.

If you marry 3 million men or women, only in God's own time will you be blessed with the fruit of the womb.
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2012
tunapawizzy:
MEANING?

Should I say 'God's will' or literally 'as God has said'
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by lifestyle1(m): 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
OkwaIfugo: 10yrs then adoption.

A Couple waited for 12 years in my church and was blessed with a baby this year.

2 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by buchibabe: 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2012
SELFWORTH:

I agree.

Until It happens to you, you don't know how you will react . Especially for those men still under their parents apron strings. Some husbands will bow to pressure from parents and friends faster than you and I can say jump. I have seen it so many times.

@sylvie11 and selfworth....true talk. una talk am finish.

1 Like

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by Hanihairy(m): 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
tunapawizzy: FOR AS LONG AS IT PLEASES GOD TO MAKE US CHILDLESS
mtcheew.....wen u don use contraceptive destroy ur womb u dey dere dey cal God.....God get ur tym
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by Hanihairy(m): 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
tunapawizzy: FOR AS LONG AS IT PLEASES GOD TO MAKE US CHILDLESS
mtcheew.....wen u don use contraceptive n oda means destroy ur womb u dey dere dey cal God.....God get ur tym
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by eimuhb(f): 5:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
aurenflani:

Yea a free world that is why I Will Mary a second wife.

What if you're the 1 with low sperm count, your wife should marry a second husband!

2 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by Shine1177: 5:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
Sir, what if you re-marry and the women do not give you a child?

I think you can adopt a child while you await your due season.

Jah bless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

82-Year-Old Missing Woman In Lagos Found / How Can One Find Genuine Spouse In This Era Of Ritual Killings, Organs Harvest? / Couple Welcomes Quadruplets In Jos After 7 Years Of Marriage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.