Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,798 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum (36966 Views)

Chartered Statisticians And Statistician-general / Mathematicians' & Statisticians' Colloquium / Statisticians And Operations Research Analysts In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Tinu02(f): 10:28am On Jun 30, 2015
Hello House
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Tolubory(m): 11:12am On Jun 30, 2015
Tinu02:
Hello House
hi
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by economia: 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2015
CAN SOMEONE WRITE BLOCK BOOTSTRAP SYNTACT FOR ME TO RUN TIME SERIES IN R
I WILL PAY
PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by economia: 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
awizzy1:

Security and Exchange Commission(SEC),
Nigeria Stock Exchange(NSE)
Tertiary Education trust Fund(TetFUND)
PenCom
Society for Family Health(SFH)
Institute of Human Virology Nigeria(IHVN)
Family Health International(FHI)
Raw material Research and development Council(RMRDC)
Nigeria Deposit insurance Cooperation(NDIC)
National Bureau of Statistics(NBS)
Management Science for Family and Health(MSH)
National Insurance Commission(NAICOM).........................................................
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
economia:
CAN SOMEONE WRITE BLOCK BOOTSTRAP SYNTACT FOR ME TO RUN TIME SERIES IN R
I WILL PAY
PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY

How much you go pay?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by opebiyi14: 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hello house, I want data analysis training, ( I mean where I will learn; data design, collection, mining, spss, interpretation, result presentation) do anyone knows a good class room base training center, preferable in lekki ajah axis. Pls kindly reply, tnx.
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by ibnquasale(m): 11:32pm On Oct 19, 2015
opebiyi14:
Hello house, I want data analysis training, ( I mean where I will learn; data design, collection, mining, spss, interpretation, result presentation) do anyone knows a good class room base training center, preferable in lekki ajah axis. Pls kindly reply, tnx.

i stay on the mainland. alagomeji-adekunle axis. let me know if you are interested
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Shehas(m): 2:50pm On Oct 24, 2015
Good day everyone;
I am a Business Data Analyst & Microsoft Excel expert. The idea is to transform your business data into a meaningful business information, using the tool you already have : Excel. Having data is good, but using the operation data in business decision making is the best thing that can happen to business owners.

As a freelance Business Data Analyst, I am available for any kind of business data analysis jobs. Contact me for any available job position in this line of work.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Coldplay007(f): 1:04am On Nov 04, 2015
I need someone with basic knowledge of basic statistics and epidemiology for a little activity.
I will pay for your time. Anybody that fits this bill should send me a PM..
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Haryanfe7(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hello bosses in d house............plz i wanna ask sum few questions........all replies wul b appreciated

am a newly admitted student of University of ibadan 2 STATISTICS......Plz i wanna knw more abt diz course..........is it a nice course??.......nd wt ar d career oppourtunities?............what ar d qualifications needed 2 become a successful statisticians

nd lastly.....cud a graduate of statistics gt job easily?.......
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Haryanfe7(m): 9:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
Haryanfe7:
Hello bosses in d house............plz i wanna ask sum few questions........all replies wul b appreciated

am a newly admitted student of University of ibadan 2 STATISTICS......Plz i wanna knw more abt diz course..........is it a nice course??.......nd wt ar d career oppourtunities?............what ar d qualifications needed 2 become a successful statisticians

Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Emyemyberry(m): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
Haryanfe7:

the day i checked my admission status and saw statistics i wept

but then interest and harwork is what will sustian you

you can work anywhere

even in nysc you are most likely not to serve in a skul unlike most other courses

You should be good very good with statistical softwares like ms excel,minitab,spss,cspro,stata

learning computer programing languages is an advantage

proffetional certifications like ican etc is also an advantage

whatever part of stat like demograpy,epidermiology,or,q control,anova,index number,regression etc u want to major in has a wide range of discipline and vocations it will apply
but in a lighter mood
people who were pitying me when i was in year one
now respect me in my finals
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Emyemyberry(m): 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2015
Coldplay007:
I need someone with basic knowledge of basic statistics and epidemiology for a little activity.
location?
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Haryanfe7(m): 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
Emyemyberry:
the day i checked my admission status and saw statistics i wept

but then interest and harwork is what will sustian you

you can work anywhere

even in nysc you are most likely not to serve in a skul unlike most other courses

You should be good very good with statistical softwares like ms excel,minitab,spss,cspro,stata

learning computer programing languages is an advantage

proffetional certifications like ican etc is also an advantage

whatever part of stat like demograpy,epidermiology,or,q control,anova,index number,regression etc u want to major in has a wide range of discipline and vocations it will apply
but in a lighter mood
people who were pitying me when i was in year one
now respect me in my finals

tenkz sir......reli appreciate ur concern..

1 bottle of coke wit ur name written boldly on it 4 u grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by drpialabi: 7:26pm On Nov 14, 2015
Coldplay007:
you can reach me on 08060098789
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Harry4cas(m): 6:52pm On Feb 28, 2016
Haryanfe7:

[b]i hope you've by now fallen in love with your course? Statistics is a very nice course buddy. We're in the era of numbers, data analysis and market research. Make good use of this opportunity my friend. Get yourself a be-fitting present of a good grade at the end of it all because only then will you be filled with the euphoria of endless possibilites in this road you've soely decided to trade on.

It's not easy at all but it's worth it, everything. Yeah i can't but mention that with a certification such as that of B.Sc STATISTICS you're eligible to work in any damn place.

Just like you know, "anywhere" is not just anywhere at all. you have to decide on your preffered area of specialization. It could be Quantity control, Time series, Experimental Analysis and Design, Econometrics, Epidemology etc....

Try to be proficient in atleast one computer programming language ( it will come in handy ). Statistical programming itself is a willy-nilly here. You have to know them all if possible ( R+, Cspro, spss, mintlab, stata coupled with Excel etc... )

I was once the one asking this questions you ask now, i hated the course not just because i applied for ICT and i was given Statistics but as time may have it i grew to learn that it was the best thing that has ever happened to me.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by calculator123(m): 3:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
Harry4cas:

[b]i hope you've by now fallen in love with your course? Statistics is a very nice course buddy. We're in the era of numbers, data analysis and market research. Make good use of this opportunity my friend. Get yourself a be-fitting present of a good grade at the end of it all because only then will you be filled with the euphoria of endless possibilites in this road you've soely decided to trade on.

It's not easy at all but it's worth it, everything. Yeah i can't but mention that with a certification such as that of B.Sc STATISTICS you're eligible to work in any damn place.

Just like you know, "anywhere" is not just anywhere at all. you have to decide on your preffered area of specialization. It could be Quantity control, Time series, Experimental Analysis and Design, Econometrics, Epidemology etc....

Try to be proficient in atleast one computer programming language ( it will come in handy ). Statistical programming itself is a willy-nilly here. You have to know them all if possible ( R+, Cspro, spss, mintlab, stata coupled with Excel etc... )

I was once the one asking this questions you ask now, i hated the course not just because i applied for ICT and i was given Statistics but as time may have it i grew to learn that it was the best thing that has ever happened to me.[/b]
i am having issues with sch now.200level maths/statistics can u be of help.
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Haryanfe7(m): 5:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
Harry4cas:

yes o bro............av fallen in love with d course already ....""YOU CAN WORK IN ANY FUCKING PLACE""........dt statement always make me happy........ STA 111 is reli interesting........I pray am successful with d course......

tenkz 4 d advice bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Harry4cas(m): 1:38am On Mar 04, 2016
calculator123:
i am having issues with sch now.200level maths/statistics can u be of help.

I'm not so sure of whatchu tryna point out here. Can you buttress more on that ? with clarity atleast
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by calculator123(m): 10:03am On Mar 04, 2016
Harry4cas:

I'm not so sure of whatchu tryna point out here. Can you buttress more on that ? with clarity atleast
am doing a conbined degree with maths,i dislike math abstract courses e g real analysis.i don't want that to affect my cgpa
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Harry4cas(m): 2:04pm On Mar 04, 2016
calculator123:
am doing a conbined degree with maths,i dislike math abstract courses e g real analysis.i don't want that to affect my cgpa
[b] it is only the "you" in "you" that can bring out the best in "you" [\b] my suggestions: try as much as you can to start developing interest in math because your brain will only choose to go with its master's decision. It is only when you tell yourself that you can do it and work towards that path will you be able to do it.

Make friends with the brilliant ones and have them teach you at their own leisure time. Once you are not shy to ask for help, the help you seek for will surely come.

Make sure you read on your own for at least 4hrs a day because it's only the you in you that bring out the best in you.

I'd like to end with these few words " absence is really not the lack of something but the presence of nothing"

" A fool of the highest order is He who repeats the same thing damn old thing year after year and yet He still expects a different type of result "
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by calculator123(m): 2:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
Harry4cas:
[b] it is only the "you" in "you" that can bring out the best in "you" [\b] my suggestions: try as much as you can to start developing interest in math because your brain will only choose to go with its master's decision. It is only when you tell yourself that you can do it and work towards that path will you be able to do it.

Make friends with the brilliant ones and have them teach you at their own leisure time. Once you are not shy to ask for help, the help you seek for will surely come.

Make sure you read on your own for at least 4hrs a day because it's only the you in you that bring out the best in you.

I'd like to end with these few words " absence is really not the lack of something but the presence of nothing"

" A fool of the highest order is He who repeats the same thing damn old thing year after year and yet He still expects a different type of result "
u made sense at least getting a "B" wouldn't be that bad nah.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by HABRUZZY(m): 8:44am On Mar 05, 2016
hello house i urgently need your help currently in my final year writing my project i submitted to my supervisor my proposal and under data analysis technique i stated i would be using Chi-square which i am familiar with on getting the correction he stated that only chi square is not applicable what other methods can you suggest for me that could be used in analysing the data i am using primary data as my source of data and my project topic is as follows

EFFECTIVE DISTRIBUTION AS A TOOLS FOR INCREASING SALES VOLUME IN AN ORGANISATION

and the hypothesis to be tested are

Ho Effective distribution on the marketing performance of firms e.g. Nigerian Breweries Plc. has not been effective.
Ho Effective distribution strategy does not have any significant impact on profitability of an organization

patiently awaiting your candid advise
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Potch: 10:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
HABRUZZY:
hello house i urgently need your help currently in my final year writing my project i submitted to my supervisor my proposal and under data analysis technique i stated i would be using Chi-square which i am familiar with on getting the correction he stated that only chi square is not applicable what other methods can you suggest for me that could be used in analysing the data i am using primary data as my source of data and my project topic is as follows

EFFECTIVE DISTRIBUTION AS A TOOLS FOR INCREASING SALES VOLUME IN AN ORGANISATION

Ho Effective distribution on the marketing performance of firms e.g. Nigerian Breweries Plc. has not been effective.
Ho Effective distribution strategy does not have any significant impact on profitability of an organization

You can either use multilinear regression or logistic regression analysis depending on the nature of your data-contnous data or categorical data.
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by bako52(m): 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
Hello House,

I am new in this house, i would like to know how to be a Data Analyst and also to learn some statistical packages like SPSS, SAP, R
i am a graduate of statistics years back, also a customer service professional.

your warm reply is welcome
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by shypo(m): 7:33am On Mar 31, 2016
HABRUZZY:

The first thing b4 determine appropiate tool in anaylsis is ur data.categorical or continous data. So let us knw ur data b4 suggesting tools.
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Dcoolest: 7:08am On Jan 27, 2017
ibnquasale:

i stay on the mainland. alagomeji-adekunle axis. let me know if you are interested
I stay on d mainland also...alagomeji...pls can I meet u?
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by omaraji: 4:01pm On Jan 27, 2017
https://blog.linkedin.com/2016/10/20/top-skills-2016-week-of-learning-linkedin
http://www.businessinsider.com/skills-that-can-get-you-hired-2016-10
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/20/the-top-10-skills-that-will-get-you-hired.html

Increase your industry value potential vide Statistical Analysis and Data Mining,
Qualitative & Quantitative Research
Training & Research Advisory (Thesis Structure, Dissertation and Research Publication)

Dear Earthlings,

Hey! if you are not a saleman per excellence (ingenuity) then you have to acquire a skill that will last you a lifetime

and can NEVER be replicated or copied by another. Bitcoin this!, Binary Options this!Buy 1 get two downliners that!. some

of which might be genuine but they are an everybody thing and fades away with time. You know this to be true because in

fact you do not require a special skill-set to join the bandwagon.

My Training & Research Advisory skill have re-engineer to let the world see me for my right value. Just maybe this is that

golden opportunity to earn whilst developing your industry &/or Academic proficiency (see attached a sample of past

earnings for just 2-week period on upwork), then you have my december earnings on fiverr, guru.com, toptal and foreign

collegiate group (only share to me Redfox group). Do NOT forget money is a means to an end NOT an end itself as most

online and multi-level marketing gigs and the like proposes.

Take a closer if this is right for you.
Redfox Analytics-- redefining & standardizing the world of modeling, analytics and research with the use of solution

engines: SAS, SPSS, Eviews, STATA, Python, R, XLSTAT, Epi-Info, MicroFit and Microsoft Excel forecasting with varying

applications in General research, Econometrics, Development Finance, Real Estate Modeling & Financing, Global Markets

(currency & fixed income derivatives) analytic.

Statistical and Survey Analysis
Biostatistics (Medical Statistics)
Forecasting & Quantitative Risk*
Data Analytics Support*
Commodities Trading & Modeling*
MBA Research guide*
Financial Markets*

Please call in for seat reservation and more information.
Starting Jan 28, 2017: SPSS (AB) Intensive.
Starting Jan 28, 2017--Session LOS A: Stata (AA) and SPSS (AB)
Starting Jan 28, 2017--Session LOS D: Tableau (Data Analytics)
Starting Jan 28, 2017--Session LOS A: SAS (AC)
Starting Jan 28, 2017--Session LOS B: Eviews (BB)
Starting Jan 28, 2017--Session LOS C: XLSTAT (CC) and Excel (Advanced & Logical Operations)

January 26/27, 2017 -- Analytics, Data Management and Forecasting (AFDM)
Venue: H9B, SR, Abraham Adesanya Estate, Lekki-Ajah & Terra Kulture, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Session duration: 2-day intensive (9hrs)
(SPSS, Tableau, Modeling Eviews, XLSTAT, Excel)
Stata and SAS: with consulting connect access
QDA Miner Lite, CAQDAS, NVivo & Coding Analysis Toolkit (CAS) for Qualitative Research (supported by HTML,CSV, RTF)
R and R studio: with developer tools and consulting connect access
Python: with developer tools and consulting connect access
Add-ons: software installation/set up, plus video tutorials and dummies.

Kingsley Redfox
kingsleyukwuoma@gmail.com
Finalising the launch of redfoxanalytics.com
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by ibnquasale(m): 5:30pm On Jan 27, 2017
Dcoolest:
I stay on d mainland also...alagomeji...pls can I meet u?

Send a whatsapp message to me on zero 80 double three 25 seven three 56
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Ademolu2002(m): 10:31pm On Mar 02, 2017
woodcook:
I use
SAS
Stata
FirstBayes
WinBugs
R and R Studio.
R is preferably for making graphs and Winbugs mostly for Bayesian data analysis.
But SAS seems to have a large pool of codes for analysis out there and it is seems to be my default tool for running codes. My only problem with stata is that is mostly menu driven, unlike SAS, winbug and R, where you can write your own code (am not saying that you can not write your code in stata). The advantage of writing your own code is you know exactly what you are running.

Hello bros,
pls am also a data analyst, though still an infant and have a great passion for data analysis, a graduate of Statistics.Am good at Excel,access access and SPSS but the shortcoming is that i don't know how to turn these skills to money. Pls advice is needed.
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 03, 2017
Ademolu2002:

Hello bros,
pls am also a data analyst, though still an infant and have a great passion for data analysis, a graduate of Statistics.Am good at Excel,access access and SPSS but the shortcoming is that i don't know how to turn these skills to money. Pls advice is needed.

I guess you are in Nigeria, for now my advice is to sign up on sight like upwork.com and you will find a lot of freelance data analysis job.

You can also check out kaggle.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering / 6 Exceptional Nigerians Who Work At Apple / The Nigerian Engineer And The Oil/Gas Career Mentality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.