Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,943 members, 7,824,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum (36987 Views)

Chartered Statisticians And Statistician-general / Mathematicians' & Statisticians' Colloquium / Statisticians And Operations Research Analysts In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Nobody: 4:48am On Nov 21, 2012
PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS CERTIFICATION

This Distance Learning Programme gives you the opportunity to learn Predictive and Data Analytics with the guidance of our online portals and designated resource persons at a pace that matches your life.

IBM SPSS Statistics is the leading Predictive Analytics tool in today’s data analytics industry. It is a comprehensive statistical and data management package for analysts and researchers. Its statistical capabilities alone range from simple percentages to complex analyses of variance, multiple regressions, and general linear models as well as to generate tabulated reports, charts and plots of distributions and trends.

IBM SPSS Statistics makes data analytics more accessible for the beginner and more convenient for the experienced user. The Data Editor offers a simple and efficient spreadsheet-like facility for entering data and browsing the working data file. Most tasks can be accomplished simply by pointing and clicking the mouse!

Course Description
This course offers medium-term training supports to participants that are regularly required to employ analytical tools on their job or research work. Essentially, it combines the orientation towards hands-on application with a strong emphasis on quantitative approaches.

The aim is to reconcile research methodology with hands-on practice, thereby empowering participants with analytical skills and decision making. This program has been carefully scheduled in modules to provide a complete package of IBM SPSS Statistics tool applied in empirical research.

Instructional Method
The course is an intensive practical course and therefore, candidates will be exposed to the use of IBM SPSS. We have found that the modules make IBM SPSS for Windows easy to use so that it is not necessary to have a formal, instructional data lab. You should be able to learn how to use IBM SPSS on your own in this programme. Access to the IBM SPSS Statistics program and some familiarity with Windows is all that is required.

Although IBM SPSS Statistics for Windows is quite easy to use, there is such a wide variety of options and statistics that knowing which ones to use and how to interpret the printouts can be difficult, so this programme is intended to help with these challenges.

Goals of this Programme
This Programme demonstrates the graphical user interface for the procedures included in IBM SPSS Statistics to produce a variety of results. Our goal is to describe the use and interpretation of these statistics as much as possible in non-technical, jargon-free language.

This Programme will help you develop skills that cover the whole range of the steps in the research process: design, data collection, data entry, data analysis, interpretation of outputs and writing results. The sample data sets (practice files) provided by our Partner IBM Corporation is similar to one you might have for a thesis, dissertation, survey or research project. Therefore, it serves as a model for your analysis in each module.

Special Features
1. The key IBM SPSS Windows that you see when performing the analyses. This has been helpful to “visual learners”.
2.The complete outputs for the analyses that we have done so you can see what you will get (we have done some editing in IBM SPSS to make the outputs fit better on the pages).
3. A Quick Reference Guide to the Sample Files which provides brief descriptions of the sample files used in various examples throughout this programme.
4. Data sets to provide you with data to be used to solve the exercises.

Join the Community Today. Get Certified! Apply via www.data-ville.com/certification to get full Programme Prospectus.

For general information, services, training options etc please visit www.data-ville.com/sitemap

Enq: 0 8 0 6 5 1 6 5 0 6 4; 0 8 1 1 3 3 2 9 8 7 3

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Orpelin: 7:03am On Nov 21, 2012
Cool
which of those tools is ur favorite?
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Lawconfessor(f): 7:55am On Nov 21, 2012
*following dis thread* cos I am finking of .........
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 21, 2012
Orpelin: Cool

IBM SPSS is quite easy compared to others. Connect to 292719F7 so I cn introduce u to a fast growing data analysis company in nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by AjanleKoko: 8:47am On Nov 21, 2012
Big Data - the new buzzword wink
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by olumuyiwaH: 9:23am On Nov 21, 2012
Any GIS analyst in d house, pls do identify urslf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Jilo83(m): 9:33am On Nov 21, 2012
The problem with nigeria is that we don't have adequate Data management. Yesterday a minister was work-out bc he failed 2 convert 2012 budget implementatn of his ministry into %. In d recent presidential chat, he did not back-up his points with figures. Adequate data collection and management will help in forecasting future occurence. Great Statisticians! FACT FROM FIGURE!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by stilmatica: 9:38am On Nov 21, 2012
Orpelin: Cool
as 4me i use IBM Spss nd its very efficient
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by donotbanme1: 9:56am On Nov 21, 2012
Jilo83: The problem with nigeria is that we don't have adequate Data management. Yesterday a minister was work-out bc he failed 2 convert 2012 budget implementatn of his ministry into %. In d recent presidential chat, he did not back-up his points with figures. Adequate data collection and management will help in forecasting future occurence. Great Statisticians! FACT FROM FIGURE!

If this is true, what a shame to the minister. Which means he cant manage even his personal finances effectively if the ministry under him has no figures and percentages on paper.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by yokiti: 9:58am On Nov 21, 2012
SPSS does it for me. The version 19 is slow in processing compared to some lower version of it. The input of the coded data value will make you bored if the data are much.
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 21, 2012
good initiative
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Gratia(f): 10:18am On Nov 21, 2012
SPSS all the way!! Great Statisticians!! Great planners!!!
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by ffo(m): 10:30am On Nov 21, 2012
data analysis is a very interesting task. i use SPSS, Minitab and Statistical 4 my analysis. its 9c 2 discover dis thread.
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by chuckdee4(m): 10:40am On Nov 21, 2012
Any SAS programmers in the house, its right up there as an Analytical tool.
I'm currently a SAS developer but i'm edging towards the analytical side cos that's where the fun and money lie.

As for Nigeria, I tried introducing SAS and analytics to NIMC but anything to do with the Nigerian government is never straight forward.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 21, 2012
I have used SAS in the past and Excel is always handy. Recently, i discovered Minitab and it is really helpful. To gather data in vast amount, i use KAPOW and of course it doesn't end there.

When i fisrt got the role of a analyst, i felt all i needed was data analysis and report writing skills. Turned out i also had to learn advanced Microsoft Access to structure my data before using SAS, Minitab, and Excel. These days, my advice to analysts is "you should learn everything from data mining, database structuring and administration, plus data analysis with the help of modern tools & software". Lastly, remember that the business of transforming raw data into reliable information & insight ultimately requires common sense too.

I'd be back to read more from other contributors. At least today we aren't bashing Igbo, Yoruba, and Hausa here but if anybody cares to start, i am fully ready and charged up as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 21, 2012
ffo: data analysis is a very interesting task. i use SPSS, Minitab and Statistical 4 my analysis. its 9c 2 discover dis thread.

Let's stick to dis thread n nurture dis new n evolving industry calld ANALYTICS
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by ektbear: 10:58am On Nov 21, 2012
Interesting thread
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Dansadaumallam(m): 11:00am On Nov 21, 2012
Am happy that REAL discuss is back in NL. SPSS is one software that serious govt. officials must know how to use. I love this thread.
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by 2sexy(m): 11:15am On Nov 21, 2012
AjanleKoko: Big Data - the new buzzword wink
haahhah... and as a domainer which I am, I am capitalsing on this to make cool cash for the future. I got in late during the cloud era and so I couldnt do make a dime but for those that got in very early they made huge cash.

Apple bought icloud.com for $4.5million. A friend of mine on an international forum sold one of his name for cloudpros.com for $7000. there are many more like this.

Since the bigdata is new and people are already grabbing like hot cake, I have only manage to reg a few names as well. I have bigdatalogs.com, iSecureBigData.com, iStoreBigData.com, SecureBigDataServices.com... and will add more.

Just saying what going on behind the scene and how people are tapping into stuffs like this.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by aglomar: 11:18am On Nov 21, 2012
9s thread!
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by omakay(m): 11:34am On Nov 21, 2012
9ice tread!!!!
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by esere826: 11:34am On Nov 21, 2012
Yipee, yea!!

I have found a home
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Geostatistical(m): 11:35am On Nov 21, 2012
Data analysis is my job:
SPSS,ARCGIS,ILWIS,surfer,Matlab etc....Statistical and surface modelling/Mappin all da way!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by ade2kay(m): 11:35am On Nov 21, 2012
AjanleKoko: Big Data - the new buzzword wink
, bad guy!, u're on point Sir.
I've been doing a lotta research on this lately....great minds think alike !
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Listener10: 11:46am On Nov 21, 2012
great tread. what do you guys think about Oracle in database management
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by chandler05: 12:02pm On Nov 21, 2012
Hello to all analyst in the house , big ups to who ever came up with this thread .I use excel for Monte carlo simulation for forcasting asset . If any one know about what I am talking about indicate so we share ideas .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by WarHorse1(m): 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2012
Hello all,
You may wish to join the "Nigerian Data Analysts" group on linkedin. This group is for practicing & would be data analysts in all fields or work. The group welcomes contributions that furthers the interest of data analysis in Nigeria. knowledge Sharing, software reviews, training opportunities, best practice, questions & answers related to data analysis are welcomed. click to see http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Nigerian-Data-Analysts-4727019?gid=4727019&report%2Esuccess=7GcSc9MenMD5-zxa-kN_TToM-x5janvu_HMEw0LwSaLTiMXToFk2hhLiKanEipLCLCi2aHOMY2Q0YQnTDIu0oJnh-x5wKBYTHQ
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by 2sexy(m): 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
Even though Ajenlekoko has dropped something much vital that the original post(OP), It seem LIKE not many people are aware of what BIG DATA is.

If you planning for the future as a data analyst, programmer, coder, statistician, etc you better brace up for the future. If you have the money, get a master degree in big data because there is a huge gap in skills required for this new technology.

So far, only a few universities in the US have managed to incorporate this into their advance study program and currently admit 50 to 80 candidates.

Companies such as Apple, Google, Oracle, Amazon etc are investing hugely into this new trend and Amazon currently have big data service.
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by calcal: 12:18pm On Nov 21, 2012
Data analysis is only good if one is sincere with the input data.
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by tula90: 12:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
I love this thread and am proud to be a Statistician
even if most our works here in Nigeria is behind
the scene.
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by funkystanl(m): 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
Jilo83: The problem with nigeria is that we don't have adequate Data management. Yesterday a minister was work-out bc he failed 2 convert 2012 budget implementatn of his ministry into %. In d recent presidential chat, he did not back-up his points with figures. Adequate data collection and management will help in forecasting future occurence. Great Statisticians! FACT FROM FIGURE!

FACTS FROM RELIABLE FIGURES
Re: Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 21, 2012
I use
SAS
Stata
FirstBayes
WinBugs
R and R Studio.
R is preferably for making graphs and Winbugs mostly for Bayesian data analysis.
But SAS seems to have a large pool of codes for analysis out there and it is seems to be my default tool for running codes. My only problem with stata is that is mostly menu driven, unlike SAS, winbug and R, where you can write your own code (am not saying that you can not write your code in stata). The advantage of writing your own code is you know exactly what you are running.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering / 6 Exceptional Nigerians Who Work At Apple / Police Beats Man For Asking For His 2 Months Salary From His Boss(video+pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.