Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian (5707 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by F00028: 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Atheism is not a belief but a disbelief.

The only thing that holds atheist together is a disbelief in god...

you mean your foundation is merely the criticism of religion? how shallow is that?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2012
F00028:

you mean your foundation is merely the criticism of religion? how shallow is that?

1) It is not criticism. You dont believe in Zeus but does that make you someone that is criticizing Zeus?

2) Atheism is about god and not religion per se. Afterall, Buddhism is a religion and many buddhists are atheists.
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by vedaxcool(m): 10:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

When bastards like you claim that atheists are fools and homosexuals and will burn in hell, you dont expect them to hate you for life.

But when atheists mock your religion, you want harsh sanctions banning, censorship and what not.

This is the mind of a fundamentalist like Vedaxcool

Was bastard what your father called you when you complained of incessant preist previews? grin grin grin if so no need appropriating your title to others! cheesy
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 25, 2012
vedaxcool:

Was bastard what your father called you when you complained of incessant preist previews? grin grin grin if so no need appropriating your title to others! cheesy

Troll is not making sense!
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by true2(m): 3:09am On Nov 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

Troll is not making sense!

You are wasting your time my friend. You can nor more teach a muslim about God, than train a monkey to do algebra.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by seyibrown(f): 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2012
Logicboy03:
1) It is not criticism. You dont believe in Zeus but does that make you someone that is criticizing Zeus?
2) Atheism is about god and not religion per se. Afterall, Buddhism is a religion and many buddhists are atheists.

Which god is atheism about? You don't seem to have any answers to my previous questions, particularly as to why you left atheists out of the comparison! Will I be right in saying that (just as you say there is no God) there are no atheists? grin grin grin grin
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2012
seyibrown:

Which god is atheism about? You don't seem to have any answers to my previous questions, particularly as to why you left atheists out of the comparison! Will I be right in saying that (just as you say there is no God) there are no atheists? grin grin grin grin

lol......god or gods....atheism is a disbelief in all of them.

I left atheists out because there is no need for comparison. Atheism is not a religion.

Your last sentence makes no sense.
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by JeSoul(f): 5:16pm On Nov 26, 2012
Vedaxcool & Logicboy, you both need to calm down on the insults, here and on the other 'dialogue' thread. Ist and last warning fellas. Thanks.
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by seyibrown(f): 2:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
Logicboy03:
lol......god or gods....atheism is a disbelief in all of them.
I left atheists out because there is no need for comparison. Atheism is not a religion.
Your last sentence makes no sense.

I say ..... There are no NL Athiests! Only NL God-rebel WANNABES! cool grin Did I see you open anther thread with Xtian, Muslim and Atheist altogether in one place ? cool grin

Had a nice weekend?
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2012
seyibrown:

I say ..... There are no NL Athiests! Only NL God-rebel WANNABES! cool grin Did I see you open anther thread with Xtian, Muslim and Atheist altogether in one place ? cool grin

Had a nice weekend?

God rebel?

Do you honestly think that atheists are teenagers that are rebelling against some sky-daddy because he didnt give us gifts?

Why are you asking about my weekend? grin. If you want to know, it was okay but kinda not special- didnt have sex or party or go out.
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by seyibrown(f): 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2012
Logicboy03:
God rebel?
Do you honestly think that atheists are teenagers that are rebelling against some sky-daddy because he didnt give us gifts?
Yeah, the exact picture ... and that you teenagers are at that stage where you think you know more than Sky-Daddy! grin grin grin

Logicboy03:
Why are you asking about my weekend? grin. If you want to know, it was okay but kinda not special- didnt have sex or party or go out.
I do care ... about my prodigal brother! grin grin grin
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2012
seyibrown:
Yeah, the exact picture ... and that you teenagers are at that stage where you think you know more than Sky-Daddy! grin grin grin

smh...
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2012
seyibrown:

lol grin

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by tajikwan411(m): 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
[b]pls. note that you have been heavily misguided by your islamic belief which is not in the quoran and the hadith. if you ever care to know islam from the ideal sources, and you truly have a sincere mind as a person, you will definitely convert, or if you don't, you will surely know why so many xtian around the world are becoming muslims! out of every 100 converts to islam daily or weekly, a constant of 76% or more are usually xtians! please i beg you to find this out,you can start by typing on the google search: "converts to islam" or any phrase of your choice, you will know how many world known and unknown figures have converted including clergy men, priest, reverends and pastors.
muslims and xtians should have tolerance for each other and not stupidly and blindly abusing each other. and through history, 235 million people had been killed and slain by xtians for a period of 300 years for some of the white race to own and occupy the now canada, australia, newzealand,the u.s.a and many more countries and yet this inhuman act is not known as terrorism! please review what the roman empire did to people in the name of the cross.
lastly, if u must know, abraham, jacob, john the baptist, david, noah, jesus, paul, and many more men of God, were all MUSLIMS! Even the BIBLE acknowleges this, if you want i can show this to you in your bible.
Judge me, hate me or even curse me, but find out what i have said at least and be sure of my lies, as this will only strengthen your stand and views on this matter. [/b][color=#770077][/color]
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 04, 2012
tajikwan411: [b]pls. note that you have been heavily misguided by your islamic belief which is not in the quoran and the hadith. if you ever care to know islam from the ideal sources, and you truly have a sincere mind as a person, you will definitely convert, or if you don't, you will surely know why so many xtian around the world are becoming muslims! out of every 100 converts to islam daily or weekly, a constant of 76% or more are usually xtians! please i beg you to find this out,you can start by typing on the google search: "converts to islam" or any phrase of your choice, you will know how many world known and unknown figures have converted including clergy men, priest, reverends and pastors.
muslims and xtians should have tolerance for each other and not stupidly and blindly abusing each other. and through history, 235 million people had been killed and slain by xtians for a period of 300 years for some of the white race to own and occupy the now canada, australia, newzealand,the u.s.a and many more countries and yet this inhuman act is not known as terrorism! please review what the roman empire did to people in the name of the cross.
lastly, if u must know, abraham, jacob, john the baptist, david, noah, jesus, paul, and many more men of God, were all MUSLIMS! Even the BIBLE acknowleges this, if you want i can show this to you in your bible.
Judge me, hate me or even curse me, but find out what i have said at least and be sure of my lies, as this will only strengthen your stand and views on this matter. [/b][color=#770077][/color]

undecided undecided undecided

Another brainwashed fellow
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by AtheistD(m): 12:35am On Dec 05, 2012
tajikwan411: [b]pls. note that you have been heavily misguided by your islamic belief which is not in the quoran and the hadith. if you ever care to know islam from the ideal sources, and you truly have a sincere mind as a person, you will definitely convert, or if you don't, you will surely know why so many xtian around the world are becoming muslims! out of every 100 converts to islam daily or weekly, a constant of 76% or more are usually xtians! please i beg you to find this out,you can start by typing on the google search: "converts to islam" or any phrase of your choice, you will know how many world known and unknown figures have converted including clergy men, priest, reverends and pastors.

A lot of muslims are converting to xtianity too. Could it be that both religions have hit a roof and can only convert from disenfranchised followers of the opposite religion?
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by UyiIredia(m): 11:07am On Dec 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

Atheism is not a belief but a disbelief.

The only thing that holds atheist together is a disbelief in god. Very different from Christianity or islam.

Christianity can also be described as a disbelief so quit the crap. Atheism is a belief has evolved a philosophy and has a movement which propagates the philosophy.
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 05, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Christianity can also be described as a disbelief so quit the crap. Atheism is a belief has evolved a philosophy and has a movement which propagates the philosophy.
Pls, define Christianity as a disbelief. I'd like to see you try. Humor me biko.
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 05, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Trololololo

Who is going to take your foolish comment seriously?
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by F00028: 11:52am On Dec 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

Trololololo

Who is going to take your foolish comment seriously?

uyi iredia does have a point there. i think i see what he means.
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 05, 2012
F00028:

uyi iredia does have a point there. i think i see what he means.

Dont let me insult you.

How can you agree that christianity is a disbelief? That would make islam a disbelief as well

Atheism is a disbelief in God.
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by F00028: 12:40pm On Dec 05, 2012
Logicboy03:
Dont let me insult you.

since when i have i ever stopped you?

Logicboy03:
How can you agree that christianity is a belief? That would make islam a disbelief as well...

what i infered was, its a disbelief in what was before it.

take islam for instance, the testimony of faith begins with a statement of disbelief then affirmation: there is NO god... but GOD...
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
F00028:

since when i have i ever stopped you?

what i infered was, its a disbelief in what was before it.

take islam for instance, the testimony of faith begins with a statement of disbelief then affirmation: there is NO god... but GOD...

Nonsense. Do you base your principles on Allah or on a disbelief in other gods?

The shadada is not in the Quran. While the concept is in the Quran, such a pledge is not stated there to be recited
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by F00028: 3:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

Nonsense. Do you base your principles on Allah or on a disbelief in other gods?

The shadada is not in the Quran. While the concept is in the Quran, such a pledge is not stated there to be recited

now I've seen everything. an atheist is gonna lecture me on the tenets of Islam. this oughtta be good...

so the shahada is not in the Qur'an. so?
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2012
F00028:
now I've seen everything. an atheist is gonna lecture me on the tenets of Islam. this oughtta be good...

so the shahada is not in the Qur'an. so?

I read the Quran. I read about religions.

I can lecture you on the failures of islam
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by F00028: 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

I read the Quran. I read about religions.

correction you read ABOUT the Qur'an.

Logicboy03:

I can lecture you on the failures of islam
please begin. keep it short and to the point.
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
F00028:

correction you read ABOUT the Qur'an.

please begin. keep it short and to the point.

Failures

a) No islamic society has ever been a paragon of human rights. None

b) Women are treated as inferior in Islam. Wife beating (6/7 translations of surah 4;34 say beat your wife). Sisters inherit less than brothers.

c) Muhammad bought and sold slaves as mentioned in the hadith

d) The Quran doesnt condemn slavery, it regulates it
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by F00028: 11:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
Logicboy03:
a) No islamic society has ever been a paragon of human rights. None
None?
“…Christians preferred their rule to that of the Franks.”[30]
-Reinhart Dozy. A History of Muslims in Spain. 1861 (reprinted 1913, 2002), Delhi, p 235.

"Here in the land of the Turks we have nothing to complain of. We possess great fortunes; much gold and silver are in our hands. We are not oppressed with heavy taxes and our commerce is free and unhindered.Rich are the fruits of the earth. Everything is cheap and every one of us lives in peace and freedom..."
- Philip Mansel. 1995. Constantinople: City of the World's desire, 1453-1924. Penguin Books, p. 15

Logicboy03:
b) Women are treated as inferior in Islam. Wife beating (6/7 translations of surah 4;34 say beat your wife). Sisters inherit less than brothers.
repetition must be your thing undecided
y'know, one definition of madness i learnt says it involves doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. it doesn't matter how many times you bring this up, you are going to get the same answers from me.

wife beating:
F00028:
first, God's last prophet is our example and he never beat any of his wives at any time!
second, the verse in the Quran that supposedly gives that permission contains the word "idribuhunna". though it's almost universally translated as "beat them (lightly)" it also means to depart, separate, leave them etc. which is more consistent with the prophet's actions and sayings about matrimony.

ineritance:
F00028:
that's only 1/4 true there are other instances when:
-they inherit as much as men,
-they inherit more than men, and
-they inherit while men don't
https://www.nairaland.com/1076844/africans-confused/1#12611780

Logicboy03:
c) Muhammad bought and sold slaves as mentioned in the hadith
d) The Quran doesnt condemn slavery, it regulates it
and an atheist sees this as wrong because...? what's your point? no empty rhetoric.
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 06, 2012
F00028:
None?
“…Christians preferred their rule to that of the Franks.”[30]
-Reinhart Dozy. A History of Muslims in Spain. 1861 (reprinted 1913, 2002), Delhi, p 235.

"Here in the land of the Turks we have nothing to complain of. We possess great fortunes; much gold and silver are in our hands. We are not oppressed with heavy taxes and our commerce is free and unhindered.Rich are the fruits of the earth. Everything is cheap and every one of us lives in peace and freedom..."
- Philip Mansel. 1995. Constantinople: City of the World's desire, 1453-1924. Penguin Books, p. 15

Your two quotes are meaningless. Both societies were ridden with slavery and conquest.

I repeat, there is no society in which Islam has produced that has upheld human rights. I think that you are clearly ignorant about the history of muslims in spain and that is why you present nonsense.

None. I dont know how you can live with this contradiction. There is not one islamic society that we know of, past and present that can even be compared to the standard of living of an atheist country like Japan or Sweden. So much for a perfect book called the Quran

F00028:
repetition must be your thing undecided
y'know, one definition of madness i learnt says it involves doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. it doesn't matter how many times you bring this up, you are going to get the same answers from me.

What? The truth is too much for you? Too repetitive? Your answers are bollshytt. And I will destroy them once and for all.

F00028:
wife beating:

Wife beating is in the Quran. Surah 4;34 6 translations translate the word as "beat" or "strike". The only translation that doesnt say such to my knowledge is a 20th cendury modern tanslation that has a stated goal of modernizing the Quran. 6 out of 7 translations side with me.

It is either you accept that maority of your muslim scholars are foolish to translate the Quran foolishly or that the Quran accepts wife beating. These are islamic scholars.

Pickthall, Yusuf Ali, Dr Ghali, Sahih international etc

So, better come clean and confess

F00028:
ineritance:

https://www.nairaland.com/1076844/africans-confused/1#12611780

[size=14pt]There is no case in the Quran where a sister earns more than a brother in inheritance. Stop lying. Quote the Quran if I am wrong. Liar. Stop lying for islam.

angry
[/size]
F00028:
and an atheist sees this as wrong because...? what's your point? no empty rhetoric.

So, you find slavery in islam OK?

Since you have no where to escape, you use the Anony tactic of escaping by trying to play the morality card- "atheists have no morality to say that slavery is wrong"

Sorry, sir but that is both deceitful and bigoted. Slavery is inhuman and it is in Islam. Your Quran and religion are not perfect. They are wrong.

Admit it
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by F00028: 2:50am On Dec 06, 2012
Logicboy03:
Your two quotes are meaningless...

am guessing that's code for:"i can't deal with this"
richard w. bulliet. 2004. The Case for Islamo-Christian Civilization. New York: Columbia University Press:
“…minutely studying case after case, they have shown that justice was generally meted out impartially, irrespective of religion, official status, gender…not being subject to the sharia, Jews and Christians were free to go to their own religious authorities for adjudication of disputes; but in many cases they went instead to the Qadi.”

Logicboy03: It is either you accept that maority of your muslim scholars are foolish to translate the Quran foolishly or that the Quran accepts wife beating. These are islamic scholars.

still they are not infallible

Logicboy03: [size=14pt]There is no case in the Quran where a sister earns more than a brother in inheritance. Stop lying. Quote the Quran if I am wrong. Liar. Stop lying for islam.
angry
[/size]
[size=14pt]that's 'cos you are ignorant of the comprehensive nature of the Islamic shariah. i repeat: in the shariah females can inherit as much as a males, they can inherit more than males, and they can inherit to the exclusion of males[/size]

Logicboy03:
So, you find slavery in islam OK?...
undecided what're you asking me for?
you're the one who's alleging Islam is wrong 'cos of slavery. so am asking why is slavery wrong? quit dodging the question angry
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 3:12am On Dec 06, 2012
F00028:

am guessing that's code for:"i can't deal with this"
richard w. bulliet. 2004. The Case for Islamo-Christian Civilization. New York: Columbia University Press:
“…minutely studying case after case, they have shown that justice was generally meted out impartially, irrespective of religion, official status, gender…not being subject to the sharia, Jews and Christians were free to go to their own religious authorities for adjudication of disputes; but in many cases they went instead to the Qadi.”

still they are not infallible

[size=14pt]that's 'cos you are ignorant of the comprehensive nature of the Islamic shariah. i repeat: in the shariah females can inherit as much as a males, they can inherit more than males, and they can inherit to the exclusion of males[/size]

undecided what're you asking me for?
you're the one who's alleging Islam is wrong 'cos of slavery. so am asking why is slavery wrong? quit dodging the question angry

You have lost the argument. You cut out parts of my comment that you cant debate against and then give failed replues.

Here are the facts

1) There is no islamic civilization before the 19th century that did not engage in chattel slavery. There is no islamic society that has ever truly upheld human rights. As for your claims about muslims treating christians well, that is a lie- dhimmitude is not fair.

2) It is either wife beating is allowed in the Quran or your islamic scholars are foolish to insult the quran. Which is it? 6 out of 7 translations. The 7th being a 20th century translation.

[size=18pt]
3) There is no case where a sister inherits more than the brother in the Quran. Quote the Quran to prove me wrong, liar![/size]

4) Slavery is in islam. Muhammad bought and sold slaves according to the hadith.

You sir, are a disgrace to even be shameless enough to ask why slavery is wrong. You know that you have no escape and so, you try to switch and put a foolish question to me. Slavery is wrong because of the inhumane treatment of humans. simple
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by F00028: 10:01am On Dec 06, 2012
Logicboy03:
You have lost the argument. You cut out parts of my comment that you cant debate against and then give failed replues.

i dont have to quote back everything to you. you know what you posted...well, you should.

Logicboy03: 1) There is no islamic civilization before the 19th century that did not engage in chattel slavery. There is no islamic society that has ever truly upheld human rights. As for your claims about muslims treating christians well, that is a lie- dhimmitude is not fair.

"During the middle ages, the Arabs (read: Muslims) alone were the standard-bearers of a civilisation."

either you're blind or you're liar (can't be both) you should study comparative history if your befuddled little atheist mind can grasp it.

Logicboy03: 2) It is either wife beating is allowed in the Quran or your islamic scholars are foolish to insult the quran. Which is it? 6 out of 7 translations. The 7th being a 20th century translation.
t h e y
a r e
n o t
i n f a l l i b l e!

jeez! are you really this dense?

Logicboy03: [size=18pt]
3) There is no case where a sister inherits more than the brother in the Quran. Quote the Quran to prove me wrong, liar![/size]

[size=18pt] what part of "comprehensive nature of the islamic Shariah" can you still not comprehend ?
the Qur'an is not the only,source of the laws of succession in Islam
[/size]

Logicboy03: 4) Slavery is in islam. Muhammad bought and sold slaves according to the hadith.

You sir, are a disgrace to even be shameless enough to ask why slavery is wrong. You know that you have no escape and so, you try to switch and put a foolish question to me. Slavery is wrong because of the inhumane treatment of humans. simple

you, boy, are a coward. it's a simple question.
why is it 'inhumane"? why shouldnt the stronger subjugate the weaker and work the sh*t outta them? or should i just take your word for it that its wrong?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Curse What God Has Blessed? / Nairaland Bible Quiz.. Season2 / Never Neglect Rules And Focus On Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.