Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating (7335 Views)

Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! / Honda Accord 2007 EXL - Slight Vibration When Accelerating From Slow Speed. / Car Jerks When Put In Gear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by instinctg(m): 7:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
my golf3 jerks when trying to attain speed around 50km / hr . My mechanic tells me I may need to change the brain box of d gear , but as synonymous with these guys , i need to be sure so as to prevent trial and error .

It also slows down awkwardly in an unusual manner when trying to decelerate, that is when removing my foot from the throttle .

what could be the issue ?
Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by abiodunbright(m): 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2012
I have had this problem before when i was using golf 3, I drove mine for 5years and i have learn much about the car and i have my own mechanic who only specify on golf cars. The problem with your car is either brain box or the electrical coil. I suspect the electrical coil. you can find it under the wiper since just close to the bonnet. You will need to tell the mechanic to check that coil.
Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by instinctg(m): 8:27pm On Nov 21, 2012
thanks abiodun , did u eventually change the brain box? whats d price range ?
Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by wondaboi2010(m): 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2012
Bros the problem with your car is Fuel Pump and filter. If the rate of pumping of fuel to the injector/carburator becomes bad, it will always jerk while accelerating. and while changing this fuel pump, get a good mechanic cuz u might not get the exact best fuel pump to work well on ur car, test drive d car before you certify the fuel pump is ok. i had similar experience.

2 Likes

Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by instinctg(m): 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
hmmm..... tanks for the info
Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by 735i(m): 6:55am On Nov 22, 2012
wondaboi2010: Bros the problem with your car is Fuel Pump and filter. If the rate of pumping of fuel to the injector/carburator becomes bad, it will always jerk while accelerating. and while changing this fuel pump, get a good mechanic cuz u might not get the exact best fuel pump to work well on ur car, test drive d car before you certify the fuel pump is ok. i had similar experience.

100% correct. Check your fuel pump...
Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by magnumx: 8:07am On Nov 24, 2012
In addition, is the car is of auto transmission ?
Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by instinctg(m): 5:59pm On Dec 02, 2012
Tanks,It is auto transmission and d slow-running of d car is very bad .

Still looking for a competent mechanic though
Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by davioli(m): 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
@poster get a trusted mechanic to check the following
1. Fuel pump and fuel filter
2. Spark plugs
3. Ignition coil
4. Throttle body... It's probably dirty with carbon deposits but i hope it doesn't come to that.
How is the idling of ur golf 3? Does it sputter or is it stable @ below 1000rpm?
5. Most importantly check for leakages in all vaccum hoses @ the engine area. I hope this helps
Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by instinctg(m): 7:53am On Dec 03, 2012
@davioli, tnx . The idling status is quite bad as the car goes off in static position.

My main worry is finding a reliable mechanic
Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by benpuzzy(m): 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
My Guy, the problem of your car is Fuel pump, I had similar experience, try to meet a trusted Mechanic to get you the best Fuel pump
Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by redcliff: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2012
please does the fuel pump issue apply when you just change gears. I mean from 1 to 2 or 3. Mine jerks when i just change the gear to a higher one. i am quite confused as it wasnt that way before.is fuel pump different from fuel filter? and i noticed my clutch makes a squeaky sound when i step on it to change a gear... i read other experiences online and they said it is the bearing or so.. i really dont understand.. Siena, please can you help out on this before i consult my mechanic so i know how to handle him...
Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by davioli(m): 10:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
@poster if your car dies at idle speed, then it's probably not getting fuel or spark plugs are not getting the appropriate electricity or there are leaks in one of your vaccum hoses. Get the fuel pump pressure checked out. To be on d safe side get your golf to a diagnostics expert and get it scanned for error codes.

1 Like

Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by Tobiizzy(m): 8:37am On Dec 07, 2012
I recommend you have your vehicle scanned first before jumping into conclusions and spending on things that are not needed cos there are various issues that can make your vehicle jerk
Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by instinctg(m): 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2012
During diagnosis , we changed the car battery and discovered all was fine with the car.

Still under scrutiny though, tanks so much for all the suggestions, i appreciate cheesy
Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by abiodunbright(m): 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2013
If you are in Lagos i can direct you to the mechanic that was fixing my gulf 3 for 5years and he only specialize on gulf, his name is Kayode, i don't have his number again since I left Nigeria 4 years ago but someone told me he is still working there. If you can follow from festac police station down to that road that lead to agboju market that same street i think they call it first gate ask of Kayode, he is the best for all types of gulf.

My experience
I have same experience thinking it was fuel pump, i wasted money (45,000 naira) buying 2 fuel pump and other unnecassery things because i moved out of festac so i decided to use a mechanic near by in surulere. Until i remember Kayode that was the day i got safed. it was just the electrical coil at the wiper mat side that cost just (1,500 naira). I wanted to kill that stupid mechanic that was fooling me to buy fuel pump and change my caperator from manual to electrical.

My friend if you can not locate kayode just tell your mechanic to check that electrical coil under the wiper mat for you, test it with another one then you might get it right. it is not something hard to fix. the coil is just close to the brainbox.
Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by magnumx: 6:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
^^^^good advice
Re: Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating by DanIlon(m): 2:56pm On Mar 05, 2013
abiodunbright: I have had this problem before when i was using golf 3, I drove mine for 5years and i have learn much about the car and i have my own mechanic who only specify on golf cars. The problem with your car is either brain box or the electrical coil. I suspect the electrical coil. you can find it under the wiper since just close to the bonnet. You will need to tell the mechanic to check that coil.
i need ur advabce on golf 3 affair,so i want to buy sick golf hw can i think the problem come from brain box and electral coil it can easy for me to fix it? Thank u

(1) (Reply)

10 Tips To Prevent A Pot Hole Disaster / Reasons Why Your Car Lean To One Side / 8 Cars That Could Make Nigerian Ladies Not To See You As A Car Owner (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.