Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders (31606 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 23, 2012
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2012
Is CC trying to steal my show behind me? shocked shocked shocked

Where is my lawyer? angry

[size=4pt]Nice one BTW. U should take up d offer instead and put that talent to use.[/size]
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Odunnu: 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2012
chaircover: This is a Preview LOL (I am not on the show ooooo!) but I just had to share this cos its friday and I love fridays grin grin grin

Woke up this morning to find one of the back fence panels in the garden flat on the ground and the whole world can see into our back garden. There was heavy rain and wind all night long sad

Spent half an hour looking for my skinny jeans this morning. Dress down Friday Yayyyyyyy!!! Ive lost some weight and wanted to show off my new figure . . . I am certain mr CC hid them cos I eventually found them in his side of the wardrobe angry nonsense!!!

Mr CC, My SIL and I just got back in from cheering my daughter on at she interschool 1000 metres cross country run. It was freezing, windy, wet and very muddy and my heels of my boots are lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry

By the way she came 17th out of 20 Bless her, but we still cheered her on loudly like she was usain Bolt cool grin brand new trainers that we purchased less than 24 hours ago are a right state as you can see from the picture.

Driving home from work this afternoon a light on the dash came on. Gen Gen Gennnnnnnnnnnnn! Well its like this. My car normally goes to the dealer for a service but 2 weeks ago Mr CC thought he would save some money by taking it to a local gbogbo ishe garage. I wasnt too keeen at the time but i didnt want to make a fuss so it didnt look as if i didnt appreciate his help. Since that car came back from service its been one thing after the other and Ive been complaining since. I mean which kind of garage services a car and doesnt valet it or update the onboard computer. It even had grease fingermarks on the door angry

. . . . . . So I whinged about this light coming on the dash and he went to fetch the car manual. . . . . The manual says its my brake pads!!! break pads ke!! I thought your gbogbo ishe garage changed the pads and charged you for it shocked . . . . anyway I gave him the silent "its ok" "im fine" treatment and a few minutes later I heard him call his gbogbo ishe garage up and complain to them. He is taking the car back tomorrow. . . . so the silent treatment "its ok" "im fine" mode is deactivated and we are cool again grin grin grin grin
The show don start - unofficially.
Good CC. This is exactly what T-bebe has in mind.

@Tgirl - that my number no complete o. There's supposed to be a 'half dozen' single number somewhere, put it anywhere and we have it. grin
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 23, 2012
@
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by tjskii(f): 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2012
Oya na,wher are d oda peopl,so far only cc has contributed

Tgirl ow bout this,to get d show on d road,since most of d peopl nominated avn't been abl to contribut yet,wat if any person,that has smthn entertainin or teachabl moments to share bout their marriage ,is allowed to do so
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by RudySmith(m): 5:05pm On Nov 24, 2012
Although this is a family event, we all know that in families there r the good, the bads, and the uglies. It will b nice 2 also focus on the hard reality of life for some families out there. So I will like to nominate myself 2 bring a complete different aspect 2 family as we know it. I have a happy family home, successful, very proud of my family and have many extra marital affairs and gf on payroll. My spouse knows about my many escapades and I don't try 2 hide any of it from her. I will try 2 keep it as clean as possible but also as real as possible, if u care 2 accept my nomination since I am fairly new on NL.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by EfemenaXY: 5:17pm On Nov 24, 2012
RudySmith: I have a happy family home, successful, very proud of my family and have many extra marital affairs and gf on payroll. My spouse knows about my many escapades and I don't try 2 hide any of it from her. I will try 2 keep it as clean as possible but also as real as possible, if u care 2 accept my nomination since I am fairly new on NL.

Are you serious??

How long have you been married for, if you don't mind my asking? undecided
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 24, 2012
Efe why can't you stay tuned wink I can't wait !
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by RudySmith(m): 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2012
Efemena_xy:
Are you serious??
How long have you been married for, if you don't mind my asking? undecided

We r not here 2 judge others but I think this will b a way 2 shed light on the reality of family life, and not the dream that many think they will end up in. We have been married +3 yrs, dated on and off 4 close 2 10yrs, we have 1 child 2gether, I have 1 child from a previous relationship. I have always been honest about who I am and what I am able to offer as a partner. The family struggle is on all front, the relationship front, the parental front and the personal front.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 24, 2012
RudySmith:

We r not here 2 judge others but I think this will b a way 2 shed light on the reality of family life, and not the dream that many think they will end up in. We have been married +3 yrs, dated on and off 4 close 2 10yrs, we have 1 child 2gether, I have 1 child from a previous relationship. I have always been honest about who I am and what I am able to offer as a partner. The family struggle is on all front, the relationship front, the parental front and the personal front.

You are tripping buddy! why are you spilling the beans!
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 6:48pm On Nov 24, 2012
Sorry guys 4 d silence. Will make updates later.

For now, pls joins us at the Lit Debate.

Happening live.

https://www.nairaland.com/1102291/use-child-soldiers-good-phenomenon
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by RudySmith(m): 7:01pm On Nov 24, 2012
jidegirl12: You are tripping buddy! why are you spilling the beans!

Spilling da beans is what has kept us 2gether 4 so long, like going 2 da supermarket and knowing exactly what u r buying.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2012
RudySmith:

Spilling da beans is what has kept us 2gether 4 so long, like going 2 da supermarket and knowing exactly what u r buying.

Noo I meant you are giving out the story before the show starts.... Whatever rocks your boat man wink.... it doesn't concern me.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by RudySmith(m): 7:32pm On Nov 24, 2012
^ Sorry, I just wrote about who I am, 4 people 2 understand where I am coming from since I am new here. I thought that what is important is the everyday juicy details, and the main focus of this thread, like a diary.
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
RudySmith: ^ Sorry, I just wrote about who I am, 4 people 2 understand where I am coming from since I am new here. I thought that what is important is the everyday juicy details, and the main focus of this thread, like a diary.

Of course the juicy stuff's what makes the show interesting....I can't wait to read your page....like I said if it works for you ... Why not .... lipsrsealed

Efe I'm being nice o!
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by EfemenaXY: 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2012
RudySmith:

No one's judging you here. It's all about sharing experiences and having a peek preview of other people's marriages and understanding what works for them.

I'm curious though, how does your wife cope with the knowledge that you're embroiled in extra-martial affairs? Or do you have an "open" relationship where she too is free to have a man / other men on the side too?

What about your kids? Are they aware of what's going on?
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by EfemenaXY: 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2012
jidegirl12:

You are tripping buddy! why are you spilling the beans!

He's not. He's giving us a sneak preview.

jidegirl12: Efe why can't you stay tuned wink I can't wait !

I'm hooked on his story already. It's definitely unconventional (to me, that is).
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by ifyalways(f): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2012
Rudysmith, are you and your wife Nigerians?
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2012
See all of you are like sharks already surrounding the man..that's what I view in my head grin grin

Rudy I'd say you keep it as it is until you are endorsed by Tee and then you can open the can tongue
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by EfemenaXY: 8:50pm On Nov 24, 2012
^^ Killjoy angry angry

How else am I gonna get my "kicks" this dull, grey, wet Sat? sad

Lol @ Sharks! tongue
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Killjoy angry angry

How else am I gonna get my "kicks" this dull, grey, wet Sat? sad

Lol @ Sharks! tongue

I've been looking for you to save me from kobo on that thread!
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by EfemenaXY: 10:27pm On Nov 24, 2012
^^ Lol!

Babes wetin Kobo do? grin grin

Anyway, looks like coogar's got your back - your knight in shining armour, I daresay smiley wink
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 24, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Lol!

Babes wetin Kobo do? grin grin

Anyway, looks like coogar's got your back - your knight in shining armour, I daresay smiley wink

He is indeed.... that guitar! ... just tell him to back off..he cannot save me! grin

I had to resolve to liking cooger's post( looks left and right) you know I don't like too much wahala ... we just want them to be family again since the child's involved!( whispers).

Sorry o Tee... I need to talk to Efe ASAP that's why I'm here grin
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by EfemenaXY: 10:53pm On Nov 24, 2012
Lol! You'll be fine. It's an internet forum, people are bound to have differing views.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Now tell me, what's this "ish" between you & your ex, Mr G? You falling for his devilishly good looks (again)? Even though the guy nor get substance?

He's gonna run back to his wife sisi at the slightest hint of wahala... grin
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 24, 2012
Of course.

Abi wetin I for do now? grin

I know all his agenda.... I'm watching him like a hawk grin
Sisi needs to share too angry ....lmao ... I think Guitar just came back to his Annie ( or wait who's Annie here?)! I can't laugh jor I'm exhausted! cheesy cheesy
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by EfemenaXY: 11:54pm On Nov 24, 2012
Sharp girl! So you got my drift, re: Annie cool tongue
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 25, 2012
Efemena_xy: Sharp girl! So you got my drift, re: Annie cool tongue

You are bad! I learnt from the Pro cool
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by agiboma(f): 1:09am On Nov 25, 2012
Well here is my two cents: I think the "reality show" is a good idea if it indeed depicts the true "reality " of marriages today and not the ideal or pre concived notion of one individual perception of marriage i.e the OP. So here we go with a "so called reality show" but its not a reality show because the cast is selected by the OP who already has her opinion set in stone of what a marriage truely should be. When here "reality" of marriage may not be the same as another person's reality of marriage.
This show can only work if the following is in placed, so far the concept is totally skewed and is rally a figment of the OP's imagination, the concept itself lacks dept. The bottom line is if you want to reach the audience on NL, you should try to incorporate the following:

1.) Include many participants @ least 5 married couples depicting their live, like most reality shows their are usually 5+ people they are following.
2.) These people should be all sorts of charecters, with different personalities, i.e people with open marriages, long distance relationships, etc.
3.) Married couples who are newleweds, long term marriages etc.

The concept of "a couple with a good marriage" and a "bad marriage" is so old and 1920's variety need to be put in place to make the concept a little more exciting. Also if possible you can be non bias shocked and actually moderate the thread that would be a welcomed gesture!

2 Likes

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by serubawon(m): 3:12am On Nov 25, 2012
Hmmm. I smell a bomb about to go off on this thread.

@tgirl. I have a question though. How graphic are these married couples supposed to get concerning their 'good' and 'bad' experiences. You do know that the more colorful a couples' lives are, the more interested members will be in their stories and in effect, the other 'politically correct' couples will quickly lose relevance. So, how do you propose to cope with that? grin
Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by ifyalways(f): 8:07am On Nov 25, 2012
agiboma: Well here is my two cents: I think the "reality show" is a good idea if it indeed depicts the true "reality " of marriages today and not the ideal or pre concived notion of one individual perception of marriage i.e the OP. So here we go with a "so called reality show" but its not a reality show because the cast is selected by the OP who already has her opinion set in stone of what a marriage truely should be. When here "reality" of marriage may not be the same as another person's reality of marriage.
This show can only work if the following is in placed, so far the concept is totally skewed and is rally a figment of the OP's imagination, the concept itself lacks dept. The bottom line is if you want to reach the audience on NL, you should try to incorporate the following:

1.) Include many participants @ least 5 married couples depicting their live, like most reality shows their are usually 5+ people they are following.
2.) These people should be all sorts of charecters, with different personalities, i.e people with open marriages, long distance relationships, etc.
3.) Married couples who are newleweds, long term marriages etc.

The concept of "a couple with a good marriage" and a "bad marriage" is so old and 1920's variety need to be put in place to make the concept a little more exciting. Also if possible you can be non bias shocked and actually moderate the thread that would be a welcomed gesture!
I agree with some of your points. It would be a good show if we can get away from the conventional happy marriage idea. I'll love to see couples that are very happy in :
Open marriages polygamy
Atheist/no religion marriage.
The "supposed " happy marriage
Etc.

1 Like

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 25, 2012
@

1 Like

Re: Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders by Wislet(f): 11:45am On Nov 25, 2012
yea, I agree with CC.
NO JUDGING, NO SNEERS, NO RAISED EYEBROWS OR 'ADVICES'.
Just a REALITY show.
The participants should lay it down as it is, NO ONE is perfect.
There are no prices to be won. No marks to be awarded.
There'll be reactions though, to spice it up grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke / Stolen Baby Recovered After 22 Days, Hale, Hearty (photo) / I Won’t Quit New Marriage, Woman Who Married Daughter’s Boyfriend Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.