Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Did The British Rulers Leave Too Early??? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did The British Rulers Leave Too Early??? (2912 Views)

APC Crisis: PDP Members Are Rejoicing Too Early - Yakubu Dogara / Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? / Nigeria At 50,do You Think The British Left Us Too Early? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did The British Rulers Leave Too Early??? by AfroBlue(m): 4:20am On Nov 24, 2012
Really think they left?

Africa

Shell began drilling for oil in Africa during the 1950s. Shell began production in Nigeria in 1958.[26] Shell operates in the upstream oil sector in Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Gabon where is the giant Rabi-Kounga oil field, Ghana, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa and Tunisia; and in the downstream sector in 16 other countries.[27]

In Nigeria, Shell told US diplomats that it had placed staff in all the main ministries of the government.[28]

In April 2010, Shell announced its intention to divest from downstream business of all African countries except South Africa to Vitol and "Helios".[29] In several countries such as Tunisia, protests and strikes broke out. Shell denied rumours of the sellout.[30] Shell continues however upstream activities/extracting crude oil in the oil-rich Niger Delta as well as downstream/commercial activities in South Africa.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Dutch_Shell

3:26
The Ring of Power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwsgo81bFP8
Re: Did The British Rulers Leave Too Early??? by Nobody: 4:38am On Nov 24, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Dude, I think you should spend your time and energy pondering the effects of colonialism on our people, as the thread title suggests, rather than checking for whether anyone is hurting the feelings of whites here. People come on here and attack Goodluck Jonathan and the Nigerian govt everyday, calling them all sorts of unprintable names, but I'm sure you don't accuse them of ''hating blacks''. But when we call out the British on their crimes, we must hate whites? You need to check yourself.

Believe me I do not have a slavery mentality, I just dont like seeing africans bath in the pool of self pity playing ''victim''.

I'm tired of that and I think we really do have to move on.
Re: Did The British Rulers Leave Too Early??? by kunlekunle: 6:03am On Nov 24, 2012
Time of exit was immaterial, did we utilise the oportunity given to develop?
The north knew what to do all the time, the south were fighting each other (AWO & ZIK).
Re: Did The British Rulers Leave Too Early??? by ebere1712: 6:39am On Nov 24, 2012
The british criminals should never have come at all.
Re: Did The British Rulers Leave Too Early??? by anulaxad(m): 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2012
the British may have not gave Nigeria good enough infrastructure but Nigeria did not have the money then except the three last year before independence and when they found the oil for us they started many of Nigeria's first infrastructural major projects in a short period of time and extraordinary boom for all.they might have not lived to what you think they should have done but they left us a structured government with well organized laws and constitutions which will still put in place today. and you don't see the British blaming the Italians (Romans) for there problems do you.

as i said there was no money they had already found money in south Africa gold for example it was just the last three years before they found our wealth and they used it to help us and themselves of course.
Re: Did The British Rulers Leave Too Early??? by ebere1712: 3:18am On Nov 25, 2012
anulaxad: the British may have not gave Nigeria good enough infrastructure but Nigeria did not have the money then except the three last year before independence and when they found the oil for us they started many of Nigeria's first infrastructural major projects in a short period of time and extraordinary boom for all.they might have not lived to what you think they should have done but they left us a structured government with well organized laws and constitutions which will still put in place today. and you don't see the British blaming the Italians (Romans) for there problems do you.

as i said there was no money they had already found money in south Africa gold for example it was just the last three years before they found our wealth and they used it to help us and themselves of course.
Chukwu would destroy you, for this crap you just spewed.

1 Like

Re: Did The British Rulers Leave Too Early??? by anulaxad(m): 11:34am On Nov 25, 2012
mr. its not crap
Re: Did The British Rulers Leave Too Early??? by kikuyu1(m): 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2012
Generally there are 2 types of people who actually believe such BS. Those indoctrinated in the West from childhood and Old Englishmen. The 'best coloniser,'the brits did FA for their colonies;the real development was all post colonial. All countries made dramatic improvements in education and healthcare with improved social spending.
Kenya is s typical example:
Here are the health facts:Since achieving independence from Great Britain in 1963, Kenya has worked to improve the health of its nearly 40 million people, more than half of whom live in rural areas. By the late 1980s Kenya had more than quadrupled the number of health facilities serving its growing population; extended life expectancy from 40 years to 62 years; and improved child survival rates.
http://karanjazplace..com/2012/11/a-conversation-with-old-englishman.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising / Breaking: PDP Wins Delta By-Election / Fashola For President In 2019?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.