Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? (1964 Views)

Husband Prefers S*x Via Fone To Having It Real, What Should She Do? / Yoruba Women And High Priority Of Having Children In Their Matrimonial Home. / Is Having Children Abroad Best? How Many Children Have You Had Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2012
WHAT IS THE POINT OF IT ALL ? ANY GAIN TO IT ? ANY POSITIVES ?
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by gwas(m): 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2012
No gain to it, except you want to sell them off or employ them into your factory if you have one.
having children is not a must, it's optional. But personally, i would love to see my children, my photos, my blood. Seeing them give one lots of happiness.
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
gwas: No gain to it, except you want to sell them off or employ them into your factory if you have one.
having children is not a must, it's optional. But personally, i would love to see my children, my photos, my blood. Seeing them give one lots of happiness.
SO THE ONLY BENEFIT IS SEEING THEM ? GREATTT
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Kobojunkie: 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
gwas: No gain to it, except you want to sell them off or employ them into your factory if you have one.
^^ So when you see your children, you see skin bags of your own blood or something?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by k2039: 12:50pm On Nov 24, 2012
Children ensure you live after you are dead.You reproduce your species and DNA so that after you are gone it still exists.
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 24, 2012
k2039: Children ensure you live after you are dead.You reproduce your species and DNA so that after you are gone it still exists.
AND WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF YOUR DNA BEING HERE AFTER YOU ARE GONE ? YOU ARE GONE SO WHY CARE ABOUT THAT ?
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by k2039: 1:06pm On Nov 24, 2012
obadiah777: AND WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF YOUR DNA BEING HERE AFTER YOU ARE GONE ? YOU ARE GONE SO WHY CARE ABOUT THAT ?

WHAT'S YOUR POINT,I NEED TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE HEADING TO
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2012
k2039:

WHAT'S YOUR POINT,I NEED TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE HEADING TO
I HAVE NO POINT. JUST SAMPLING OPINIONS
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by gwas(m): 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2012
obadiah777: SO THE ONLY BENEFIT IS SEEING THEM ? GREATTT
That gives one a surge of excitement! And to see what your mini me would look like and you have something to look back on when you are old.
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by gwas(m): 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:
^^ So when you see your children, you see skin bags of your own blood or something?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
That's right
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2012
k2039: Children ensure you live after you are dead.You reproduce your species and DNA so that after you are gone it still exists.

That is a lie people tell themselves and use as reason to breed like pigs. When you are dead, you are dead. The only thing that lives on is your legacy which does not necessarily include your kids since they are seen as their own persons by the world and those around them. Only a few people are able to leave a good legacy after they are dead. The vast majority, when dead are mostly forgotten,not just by their own children but even those around.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 01, 2012
Well,
It's one of the main purposes of human life.
To bring forth the next generation. tongue

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

That is a lie people tell themselves and use as reason to breed like pigs. When you are dead, you are dead. The only thing that lives on is your legacy which does not necessarily include your kids since they are seen as their own persons by the world and those around them. Only a few people are able to leave a good legacy after they are dead. The vast majority, when dead are mostly forgotten,not just by their own children but even those around.
YOU ARE RIGHT
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2012
*Kails*:
Well,
It's one of the main purposes of human life.
To bring forth the next generation. tongue

YOU ARE RIGHT. HOWEVER AT WHAT POINT DO WE STOP ABUSING THE PLANET BY BREEDING LIKE RATS ? I GUESS GOD KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2012
^^^That's very funny! grin grin grin I for like make dis topic make front page make I see what my fellow 9ja people think about this!

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 01, 2012
seriallink: ^^^That's very funny! grin grin grin I for like make dis topic make front page make I see what my fellow 9ja people think about this!
LOLZ THEY WILL EAT ME ALIVE. ABEG MAKE E NO MAKE FRONTPAGE OOOOO. THIS NO BE NAIJA WAY OF THINKING. IN FACT DEM GO SAY I BE MADMAN grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by CrazyMan(m): 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2012
@buzugee..brah, so you don't know the benefits of having children... shocked

Alright I'll tell ya...you learn not to be selfish when you have kids...you spend your life savings, apply for loans, borrow money from friends just to ensure that they get the best in life.

Kids makes you responsible...it brings out the man in you.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2012
CrazyMan: @buzugee..brah, so you don't know the benefits of having children... shocked

Alright I'll tell ya...you learn not to be selfish when you have kids...you spend your life savings, apply for loans, borrow money from friends just to ensure that they get the best in life.

shocked grin IN FACT THE TOPIC IS NOT ABOUT ME PER SE. I HAVE FRIENDS WHO KEEP SAYING THEY WANT 5 KIDS OR 10 KIDS LIKE WTF ? WHY DO YOU WANT ALL THESE KIDS ? KIDS ARE NICE. BUT JUST 2 MAXIMUM.
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by CrazyMan(m): 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2012
obadiah777: shocked grin IN FACT THE TOPIC IS NOT ABOUT ME PER SE. I HAVE FRIENDS WHO KEEP SAYING THEY WANT 5 KIDS OR 10 KIDS LIKE WTF ? WHY DO YOU WANT ALL THESE KIDS ? KIDS ARE NICE. BUT JUST 2 MAXIMUM.
10 kids...that would be a hell of responsibility on their shoulders...are they ready for such...?

But like you stated, kids are really nice...I myself 2 or 3 would be ok for me. wink
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2012
CrazyMan: @buzugee..brah, so you don't know the benefits of having children... shocked

That is a bloody lie. There are so many many many more selfish parents out there than there are non-parents who are selfish. What does that tell you of your theory that being a parent makes one unselfish? RUBBISH theories like this should not even be given space on threads like this please. Do you realize how many people, parents out there SELFISHLY have kids they cannot fend for?? There are so many of them that in many countries non-parents are taxed so the Government can provide for those kids.
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by CrazyMan(m): 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
Kobojunkie: That is a bloody lie. There are so many many many more selfish parents out there than there are non-parents who are selfish. What does that tell you of your theory that being a parent makes one unselfish? RUBBISH theories like this should not even be given space on threads like this please. Do you realize how many people, parents out there SELFISHLY have kids they cannot fend for?? There are so many of them that in many countries non-parents are taxed so the Government can provide for those kids.
That your life is miserable should not give you the right to throw your misery, bitterness and frustration at me.

I was greeting an old friend and giving him my opinion of his question...the thread wasn't started by you, so I don't understand your unnecessary ranting.

If you want a debate on whether or not children makes parents responsible, then start a thread, and I would be happy to defend my stand...if not...avoid quoting me and crawl back to whatever vile pit you came out from...you miserable god forsaken character.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Dec 01, 2012
CrazyMan:
That your life is miserable should not give you the right to throw your misery, bitterness and frustration at me.

I was greeting an old friend and giving him my opinion of his question...the thread wasn't started by you, so I don't understand your unnecessary ranting.

If you want a debate on whether or not children makes parents responsible, then start a thread, and I would be happy to defend my stand...if not...avoid quoting me and crawl back to whatever vile pit you came out from...you miserable god forsaken character.

My life is miserable? Are you insane or have you completely lost your marbles? You made a FALSE claim and I corrected you there . . immediately you suggest my life is the miserable one here? Isn't it miserable people that go around LYING and TELLING FABLEs so they can continue to escape the reality of what they continue to support? undecided undecided undecided undecided

I don't care for a debate on whether or not children makes parents responsible, since it does not take a genius to know that kids don't make parents ANYTHING they don't already have in em. I mean you don't need to look far to find that there is no cut-and-paste logic that applies to all cases. There are millions of parents out there who are simply parents by name but I guess numb-knots like you complete IGNORE That and the suffering those kids have to deal with so you can remain in fantasy world a bit longer. And I certainly don't want to engage someone who makes up his facts out of thin air in any debate of that sort.

I will avoid quoting you when you get back into that vile pit(which you assume everyone else lives in) that you came out of and stop spewing vile idiocy all over the place.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 01, 2012
@Kobojunkie & Crazyman,

It's okay guys. Lets handle this more maturely! There is no need insulting each other to make a point.

Peace
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by CrazyMan(m): 4:45pm On Dec 01, 2012
Kobojunkie: My life is miserable? Are you insane or have you completely lost your marbles? You made a FALSE claim and I corrected you there . .
False claim you say...have you taken it up yourself to look into the Nigerian universities and see what parents go through to ensure that their kids get sound education?

Do you know that there are some parents who sell their properties just to train their kids?

Does that look like a false claim to you?

Kobojunkie: immediately you suggest my life is the miserable one here? Isn't it miserable people that go around LYING and TELLING FABLEs so they can continue to escape the reality of what they continue to support? undecided undecided undecided undecided
If looking into the world, and all you can see are bad and irresponsible parents, then its obvious that you need help...cos your condition is worse than imagined.

Kobojunkie: I don't care for a debate on whether or not children makes parents responsible,
Then keep shut...if you're unaware of something, it would be wise to seek other peoples opinions rather than jump into flimsy and irrational conclusions.

Kobojunkie: since it does not take a genius to know that kids don't make parents ANYTHING they don't already have in em.
Epic failure...a good child is capable of restoring dignity to his family.

A child born into abject poverty can transform the lifestyle of his parents if he's hard working..

An educated child can decide to educate his/her illiterate parents...it happens all the time and I've witness such.

So your theory is wrong, cos a child can make a parent greater than what they accomplished.

Kobojunkie: I mean you don't need to look far to find that there is no cut-and-paste logic that applies to all cases.
Pathetic!

Kobojunkie: There are millions of parents out there who are simply parents by name but I guess numb-knots like you complete IGNORE That and the suffering those kids have to deal with so you can remain in fantasy world a bit longer.
Millions you say...be specific stop making false claims.

How many married couples can you say ignore the plight of their kids, abandon them and continue with their lives as if nothing is wrong?

Are you saying that Nigeria parents, Nairaland parents and other parents all over the world are bad?

That a child is living in the slum doesn't mean the parents don't care for him or her.

In case you don't know...most parents who raise their kids in the slum work painstakingly to ensure that they get the best in life.

So if you can't point out one case...of both couples abandoning their children like you claimed, please remain mute.

Kobojunkie: And I certainly don't want to engage someone who makes up his facts out of thin air in any debate of that sort.
On what grounds do you have your own pathetic facts?

Kobojunkie: I will avoid quoting you when you get back into that vile pit(which you assume everyone else lives in) that you came out of and stop spewing vile idiocy all over the place.
Fool

7 Likes

Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2012
obadiah777: KIDS ARE NICE. BUT JUST 2 MAXIMUM.

What is the point of having 2 kids? Any gain to it? Any positives?
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by pendo89(f): 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2012
I wouldnt say benefits but a sense of fulfillment.Seeing what you produced is the greatest joy for any parent.
Watching them grow under your care is comparable to nothing in this world.
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2012
pendo89: I wouldnt say benefits but a sense of fulfillment.Seeing what you produced is the greatest joy for any parent.
Watching them grow under your care is comparable to nothing in this world.

Since most anyone can PRODUCE a kid . . . what sense of fulfillment is there for parents who only produce for the sake of it(at least that is what I think is the case with millions who have kids they are either unable to properly care for or abandon)? There are almost 18 million kids in Nigeria who are either not properly cared for, abandoned or orphaned. What sense of fulfillment is gained by those who birthed them(they didn't fall out of the sky). I mean I am not knocking the idea that it is but how many people out of the millions who put to bed each year really get that sense of fulfillment at the end of the day? And is the cost worth it?
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by pendo89(f): 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Since most anyone can PRODUCE a kid . . . what is this sense of fulfillment then? I mean I am not knocking the idea that it is but how many people out of the millions who put to bed each year really get that sense of fulfillment at the end of the day? And is the cost worth it?
Not everyone does.That is why we have many neglected children roaming the streets.
If you PLAN to have kids at the RIGHT time and with the RIGHT person you will be a very fulfilled parent.
That is what I am talking about.What is best? When you produce brilliant kids.
I mean being responsible for raising up another human being is not the same as setting up a multi-billion dollar company or rearing cattle.
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Dec 01, 2012
When at least you are not blowing sweet smelling smoke up people's arses here.
pendo89:
Not everyone does.That is why we have many neglected children roaming the streets.
If you [b]PLAN to have kids at the RIGHT time and with the RIGHT person you will be a very fulfilled parent.[/b]
That is what I am talking about.What is best? When you produce brilliant kids.
I mean being responsible for raising up another human being is not the same as setting up a multi-billion dollar company or rearing cattle.

So essentially it is really a gamble, and you also posit that it is easier to set up a multi-billioon dollar company or rear cattle than raise another human being to point of fulfillment, or did that I get that wrong? undecided
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by pendo89(f): 7:56pm On Dec 01, 2012
Kobojunkie: When at least you are not blowing sweet smelling smoke up people's arses here.

So essentially it is really a gamble, and you also posit that it is easier to set up a multi-billioon dollar company or rear cattle than raise another human being to point of fulfillment, or did that I get that wrong? undecided

heheeh you are funny.But this is what.It's pretty difficult to make you understand the fulfillment unless you have a kid of your own.
It's not a must really.Kids are additions to a relationship.They do not come to fill a gap in the relationship.
I wouldn't trade my kids for anything in the world.That is how valuable they are to me cz they are part and parcel of me.
I may have used the wrong comparison but knowing what men value most (financial success in life),I had to use that to show you the value of human being.
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by jmoore(m): 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
@op do you have any benefits to your parents? Thats your answer
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Lasinoh: 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2012
50-50. . . .

Joys to some and sorrows to others!
You don't find out until you actually have them.
The kind of child/children you produce may make you proud or become your WORST DISGRACE.
May be beneficial or A CURSE! kiss
Only time will tell.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Home Is About To Break Pls Help / She Wouldn't Marry My Friend But She Collects His Money / Woman Gives Birth To Real Life ‘Mermaid’ Baby (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.