Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,185 members, 7,829,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? (1977 Views)

Husband Prefers S*x Via Fone To Having It Real, What Should She Do? / Yoruba Women And High Priority Of Having Children In Their Matrimonial Home. / Is Having Children Abroad Best? How Many Children Have You Had Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2012
pendo89:

heheeh you are funny.But this is what.It's pretty difficult to make you understand the fulfillment unless you have a kid of your own.
It's not a must really.Kids are additions to a relationship.They do not come to fill a gap in the relationship.
I wouldn't trade my kids for anything in the world.That is how valuable they are to me cz they are part and parcel of me.
I may have used the wrong comparison but knowing what men value most (financial success in life),I had to use that to show you the value of human being.

Don't assume I don't have kids of my own and have not felt those fluffy feelings you speak of. And NO, having those feelings DON'T make you a good parent. Matter of fact there are more people walking around with the delusion that they are great parents than there are actual PARENTS. In fact, I have had more experience with people who have kids for the sake of being called parents, having something else that says "I love you" to them, pleasing their partner, or my best one "cementing a relationship". There are so many reasons that people create for themselves as reason enough to drag yet another soul into this world. But at the end of the day, when you step back, you realize the damage we have caused with these "FEELINGS", you understand that none of it makes sense at all.
Like I mentioned, in Nigeria alone, there are about 18 million children(all of them came through some woman's birth pipe, and into this world to be abandoned/left alone/uncared for. Most everyone of those who brought at least one of those souls into this world felt that way at some point but still . . . apparently there was not enough magic for these kids in those feelings.
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by ba7man(m): 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2012
Frankly, I think this is a daft question. If you don't want kids, use a condom or cut your balls off. There's absolutely no point to having kids, kapish??
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by toykab(m): 3:18pm On Apr 04, 2013
it is gud 2 hav children,coz it bcoz of dem we wok.
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by bebe2(f): 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2013
I have often wondered, especially for those living in diaspora.

At least Nigeria parents expect the kids to fund their old age, provide food, shelter etc basically act as a pension. But in the western world u go to a supermarket n see mother and daughter at the till each will pay for their groceries. Give each other a kiss and go their separate ways.

The mums are even spending money on their kids and gran kids.
Re: Is There Any Benefits To Having Children ? by toykab(m): 6:57pm On Apr 04, 2013
cheesy 2 hav children hav many benefit. bt.. we shud gav birth 2 who our power can take care of.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time / Is This Normal? Please Help!!! / Should I Kill My DAD???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.