Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR (52946 Views)

SHILOH 2014: Heaven On Earth / Bishop David Oyedepo: 2013 Prophetic Declarations -Your Double Portion Year / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman-day Four (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by mko2005: 4:36pm On Dec 07, 2012
pazienza: Haha,this is a knock out blow! Fatality/brutality!
Christianity isn't a theological debate !It is your willingness to follow the teachings of christ irrespective of what others say. At this point,i drop the curtain and i say if it's an argument,you won. But i believe that some day my preaching will make sense to you and the holy spirit will have his way in your life.
Good bye and God bless
God bless us
Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by mko2005: 4:37pm On Dec 07, 2012
ijawkid:

Kun aguero this question hard o......

I wish say I fit answer am......lol....
Christianity isn't a theological debate !It is your willingness to follow the teachings of christ irrespective of what others say. At this point,i drop the curtain and i say if it's an argument,you won. But i believe that some day my preaching will make sense to you and the holy spirit will have his way in your life.
Good bye and God bless
God bless us
Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by PastorKun(m): 4:49pm On Dec 07, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Was it lack of faith made Elisha to be illness inspite the fact that he was a great man of God ? Even peter's mother in law was sick with high fever !''When Jesus arrived at Peter's house, Peter's mother-in-law was sick in bed with a high fever.''-Mathew 8:14.
Man does not heal but can be used by God to heal ! God does HIS healing at HIS own time and you don't question God ![/b]God can decide to call anyman or woman home at any point in time and no one asks HIM why !We carry our cross at different times of our life AND IT MAY COME IN ANY FORM OR SHAPE that does not mean that we are no longer with God !
[b]See below the story of another of God's general:

Smith would pray and the blind would see, and the deaf were healed, people came out of wheelchairs, and cancers were destroyed. One remarkable story is when He prayed for a woman in a hospital. While he and a friend were praying she died. He took her out of the bed stood her against the wall and said "in the name of Jesus I rebuke this death". Her whole body began to tremble. The he said "in the name of Jesus walk", and she walked. Everywhere he would go he would teach and then show the power of God. He began to receive requests from all over the world. He taught in Europe, Asia, New Zealand and many other areas. When the crowds became very large he began a "wholesale healing". He would have everyone who needed healing lay hands on themselves and then he would pray. Hundreds would be healed at one time.
Over Smith's ministry it was confirmed that 14 people were raised from the dead. Thousands were saved and healed and he impacted whole continents for Christ.
while waiting at a train station to leave for Scotland, Smith received word that his beloved wife, Polly, had collapsed at the Bowland Street Mission from a heart attack. He rushed to her bedside only to discover her spirit had already departed. But Smith rebuked death, and she came back. Smith had just a short time to visit with his wife again, and then he was impressed that it was time for her to go home to be with her Lord and Savior, so he released her again.

Now you have got 3 issues troubling you above ! Was it the traveling to abroad or the lack of faith or the church fund ? But i tell,i have never spoken to Oyedepo all my life,i have not attended his church before but i have listened to much of his messages. And i promise you,if i attend his church some day & see him,i will try to speak with him and ask him this your question and i believe that he will give me an answer for you ! Honestly i dnt know what you mean by that question.
God bless you

And who is this 'God's general' named smith that healed peopled by the hundreds yet we have never heard of him b4 Must you people keep conjuring up stories and ridicling christianity just to prove your demi gods are not charlatans The fact remains that if Oyedepo really had the anointing to heal and he had enough faith in God, he would have waited for God's healing for his wife or resigned himself to the will of God if it was God's will for his wife to die. He won't have resorted to expensive medical treatment abroad that 99% of his church members who contributed that fund cannot afford neither would they be offered the same privilege if they needed medical attention abroad rather Oledepo would tell them to exercise faith he himself doesn't have.

1 Like

Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by mko2005: 4:52pm On Dec 07, 2012
Richvkunt:

Are you saying it is right for a businessmam to block a federal government road in order to carry out his business,while preventing other businessmen/women from going to their own businesses? Sounds selfish to me.
Next week I have to travel to Shagamu and I am not looking forward to the stress,because I learnt that Mr Adeboye is commencing his Redeemed xmas hustle on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway!
Christ at age 12 was bin searched for by his parents,but wen he was found and his parents start to ask HIM worriedly why he has don this kind of thing to them(using his own to distract their own)And he answered them saying; ''And he said to them, How is it that you sought me? knew you not that I must be about my Father's business?-Luke 2:49
Friend,what kind of business are you running to catch up with?If it is not on heavenly issues or business,don't you think that THAT Adeboye's bizness that has to do with God's bizness is far far more important than that of your earthly pursuit ? Not encouraging road block though and not trying to be selfish but i think we should put God's bizness first !
God bless us
Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by mko2005: 5:03pm On Dec 07, 2012
Pastor Kun:

And who is this 'God's general' named smith that healed peopled by the hundreds yet we have never heard of him b4 Must you people keep conjuring up stories and ridicling christianity just to prove your demi gods are not charlatans The fact remains that if Oyedepo really had the anointing to heal and he had enough faith in God, he would have waited for God's healing for his wife or resigned himself to the will of God if it was God's will for his wife to die. He won't have resorted to expensive medical treatment abroad that 99% of his church members who contributed that fund cannot afford neither would they be offered the same privilege if they needed medical attention abroad rather Oledepo would tell them to exercise faith he himself doesn't have.
Go read the book titled GOD'S GENERAL-by smith wiggles worth ! Stop insulting these people.You call them chalatans and all sorts of names,what did dey do to you ?Have they insulted you before or anyone close to you ? If you dnt believe in God that does not mean that there is no God. Just stick to what you believe ! My prayer for you is that you will work with God soon ! God will open your eyes to know who HE realy is. Remember when christ was on earth,he was accused of using the spirit of bezeborg to do miracles ! So if you are called 2morow by God,pls do remember that there was also a time u call true men of God charlatans !
God bless us
Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by mko2005: 5:06pm On Dec 07, 2012
pazienza: Somebody made mention of how shiloh testimonies are always materialistic,and you jumped in trying to explain to the house how important material things like money are,thats what brought about the forbes list,as money is the best way of measuring material things. With the forbes list,we saw that the most blessed people materially on earth are not shiloh fans.
Good bye and God bless
God bless us
Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by mko2005: 5:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Good bye and God bless
God bless us
Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by PastorKun(m): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Go read the book titled GOD'S GENERAL-by smith wiggles worth !

The title of the book alone suggests he is a charlatan as a true man of God should be humble and not arrogate title's like God's General to himself tongue
Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by Degis(m): 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2012
Pastor Kun:

The title of the book alone suggests he is a charlatan as a true man of God should be humble and not arrogate title's like God's General to himself tongue

You are indeed very arrogant and behave more like an atheist.
Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 07, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Na wa for dis guy sha.toh my lips are sealed..don't tell me you have not heard of smith wigglesworth before. And point of correction, he didn't arrogate the title to himself, people gave it to him after he passed on to glory due to d impact he made..u wat have u done to depopulate hell and populate heaven apart from unnecessary,unwarranted aand uncalled for criticism. God have mercy on u.
Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by PastorKun(m): 6:52pm On Dec 07, 2012
Bidam: Na wa for dis guy sha.toh my lips are sealed..don't tell me you have not heard of smith wigglesworth before. And point of correction, he didn't arrogate the title to himself, people gave it to him after he passed on to glory due to d impact he made..u wat have u done to depopulate hell and populate heaven apart from unnecessary,unwarranted aand uncalled for criticism. God have mercy on u.

Well I would tender my unreserved apologies if he didn't arrogate the title to himself but the title of the book m.k.o attributed to him suggest's he came up with the title. Also the fact that wigglesworth is popular in the largely mis led pentecostal circle does not mean I should have heard of him. Personally I have very little regard for pentecostal preachers.

1 Like

Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by taigee: 7:00pm On Dec 07, 2012
Pastor Kun:

All these vacant un verifiable claims of healing in winner's chapel yet Oledepo and all the other pentecostal leaders in Nigeria(including their Oga Adeboye) could not get healing for Oledepo's wife thru their 'prayers' and she had to be flown abroad and hospitalised for six months before she got better. If Oyedepo and Adeboye combined could not heal Faith Oyedepo of ordinary stroke why should we believe 'lesser' mortals can be healed of AIDS or SS anaemia in the shiloh charade. The only thing certain in shiloh is that Oledepo would make a lot of money.

Mr Kun or whatever you call yourself, you will type anything to discredit whatever comes through Bishop Oyedepo. U are not different from the religious leaders of the days of Jesus even when healed the man blind from birth (John 9:1-36) they still would not believe, they concluded that Jesus was a sinner and God could not heal through him. Is it everyone that travels abroad for treatment that return healed? You said ordinary stroke? May the Devil plague you with ORDINARY STROKE. You must be a minister of death like the Pharisees. An open sepulchre with only dead men's bones.
This thread is to glorify God stop spewing out negativities.
You call urself a Pastor? No u must be a messenger of death, a Liar, out to always dispute any act of God.
Bishop David Oyedepo preaches The Word of Faith with proofs, where are your own proofs. You Mr Kun are the real scammer like the Elymas the Sorcerer in Acts 13:8. You think you are doing Christ any good by discrediting His acts because you don't believe that God can use people like Oyedepo and Adeboye? You and all your Nairaland Atheist followers will definitely end up in hell if you refuse to repent.
Again May the Devil plague for a season with ORDINARY STROKE.

1 Like

Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by PastorKun(m): 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
taigee:

Mr Kun or whatever you call yourself, you will type anything to discredit whatever comes through Bishop Oyedepo. U are not different from the religious leaders of the days of Jesus even when healed the man blind from birth (John 9:1-36) they still would not believe, they concluded that Jesus was a sinner and God could not heal through him. Is it everyone that travels abroad for treatment that return healed? You said ordinary stroke? May the Devil plague you with ORDINARY STROKE. You must be a minister of death like the Pharisees. An open sepulchre with only dead men's bones.
You call urself a Pastor? No u must be a messenger of death, a Liar, out to always dispute any act of God.
Bishop David Oyedepo preaches The Word of Faith with proofs, where are your own proofs. You Mr Kun are the real scammer like the Elymas the Sorcerer in Acts 13:8. You think you are doing Christ any good by discrediting His acts because you don't believe that God can use people like Oyedepo and Adeboye? You and all your Nairaland Atheist followers will definitely end up in hell if you refuse to repent.

Thanx for your 'prayers' may God visit you with ten fold of whatever you wish for me. Amen

1 Like

Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by rusher14: 7:14pm On Dec 07, 2012
taigee:

Question: is it right for a professed MOG to seek medical attention for himself or spouse while presenting faith healing to his congregation?

1 Like

Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by greenlilly(m): 7:18pm On Dec 07, 2012
Prayer warrior in Shiloh pls don't forget to pray for Naija.Pray God to flush Nigeria of corruption and help to destroy corrupt leaders and pastors

1 Like

Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by PastorKun(m): 7:19pm On Dec 07, 2012
rusher14:
Question: is it right for a professed MOG to seek medical attention for himself or spouse while presenting faith healing to his cogregation?

Very good kweshun my brother! The hypocrisy of these scammers is really nauseating.

2 Likes

Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by taigee: 7:26pm On Dec 07, 2012
rusher14:
Question: is it right for a professed MOG to seek medical attention for himself or spouse while presenting faith healing to his cogregation?

Believing God for healing does not stop you from medical help. All work together for your healing. Faith in Christ does not discredit medical treatments. Even Drs say they treat and God heals. How is seeking medical attention a sin? I repeat it is not all that have access to good medical treatment that Get healed. The Fact that Mrs Oyedepo is back fully on her feet, healthy brings glory to God.
Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 07, 2012
Titus 3 : 10 & 11.
Let them alone and stop fighting for God.
The pastor is afraid already.

taigee:

Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by rusher14: 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
taigee:

Believing God for healing does not stop you from medical help. All work together for your healing. Faith in Christ does not discredit medical treatments. Even Drs say they treat and God heals. How is seeking medical attention a sin? I repeat it is not all that have access to good medical treatment that Get healed. The Fact that Mrs Oyedepo is back fully on her feet, healthy brings glory to God.
I strongly believe in God himself providing us with the intelligence to heal ourselves whenever we suffer any Ill-health. Nevertheless, I think faith-healers have over the years coaxed desperate and uninformed members of the public into down playing medical treatment.
Secondly, there is a lack of humility I have observed in Oyedepo himself: The slapping of the little girl last year, the emphasis on flyers depicting his image and the use of such terms mama and papa which in the african sense connotes older and wiser.
Of course one cannot forget the life of oppulence he lives off the sweat of his congregation, his rift with ministers who chose to establish their own ministries, and the lack of charity his very own ministry espouses.
Believe me I have been to the inner reaches of this country and seen how much people are neglected. Yet those churches have branches in some nearby towns without any support to these communities (my observations by virtue of the old job). Abroad the influence of charities cannot be missed. Leading me to the conclusion that there is something phoney about him and his ministry. (note I have been to Shiloh in the past as well as worshipped in some of the branches in the towns I spoke of).

1 Like

Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by christemmbassey(m): 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
taigee:

Bro av you ever read or understand phi 2:5, i don't support pastor? Kun but u'r not diff, where is the Christ in ur chistianity? Bro christianity is nnt a religion or church but a life we live for God and humanity. I want to warn all the boko haram in this thread our bishop no send you o., you are all OYO. Be blessed
Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by christemmbassey(m): 8:51pm On Dec 07, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Thanx for your 'prayers' may God visit you with ten fold of whatever you wish for me. Amen
PASTOR? PASTOR?? PASTOR Is pastor ur alias or u are called of God? Ur posts is making mokery of ur tittle, remember withnesses are abound here o especially the acuser. Pls be civil. Be blessed.
Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 07, 2012
stagger:
Most of us on Nairaland have good jobs and earn enough money, so we are very far away from the reality of many Nigerians. Winners Chapel's charity work is beyond what many can imagine. The church does not publicise it and never will.

The last point here is what intrigues me. Why do churches claim they do charity work but do not wish to publicize it? Afterall dont they publicize everything else like which politician they hosted last, the pastors face on billboards and ubiquitous voice on TV and radio? Dont they publicize their latest big name "minister" from abroad? Dont they publicize their schools, books, private jets, banks, numerous branches and all?

Perhaps the TRUE reason most of the mega churches dont publicize their charitable giving is because they either do not give at all or it would be a crying shame considering how much they do have?

2 Likes

Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by charlesbright(m): 9:31pm On Dec 07, 2012
God is good and his goodness endures for ever!
Forever I will praise you Lord!

Click http://www.facebook.com/dhopeofglory Like this page and share with at least 10 friends! Get inspired with God's word and loads of inspiring pictures!

Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by Onyeoma3: 9:48pm On Dec 07, 2012
m.k.o2005:

People never understood how solomon could amass all the wealth he was blessed with ! They saw everything as extravagance and just too much for one man! But he fell wen he left God out of it !No wealth can ever be too much wen God is with you ! If you leave out God in your riches or poverty,you will most definitely fall ! If not in this life,in the great beyond !
God bless us

Get my point right before writing anytin ok, I never said tis bad for him to be world's N̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴͡ 1. Richest man with God's blessings. I still maintain my point that he wudnt av gone for those private jets even if he had all the means to acquire them, considering his position as a Church leader which is very sensitive.
It is now a subject of caricature and mockery.

1 Like

Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 07, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Christ at age 12 was bin searched for by his parents,but wen he was found and his parents start to ask HIM worriedly why he has don this kind of thing to them(using his own to distract their own)And he answered them saying; ''And he said to them, How is it that you sought me? knew you not that I must be about my Father's business?-Luke 2:49
Friend,what kind of business are you running to catch up with?If it is not on heavenly issues or business,don't you think that THAT Adeboye's bizness that has to do with God's bizness is far far more important than that of your earthly pursuit ? Not encouraging road block though and not trying to be selfish but i think we should put God's bizness first !
God bless us

Very funny.
Are you saying Mr Oyedepo and Mr Adeboye are Jesus Christ?
Did Jesus block federal goverment roads in order to sell sovenirs,olive oil, toothpaste and bottled water?
Reminds me of Christ pursuing business men pretending to be priests out of the temple.
Have you considered that not all christians in Nigeria belong to winners church? Even if they do what about Muslims and traditional religion worshippers inconvenienced by this road block?
I have nothing against a nigga engaging in his hustle to get money,but just do not prevent me from getting mine which is what people like Oyedepo and Adeboye do when they block highways and create unneccesary traffic jams when they engage in their annual carnival/jamborees.
Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 07, 2012
m.k.o2005:

God bless us

Very funny.
Are you saying Mr Oyedepo and Mr Adeboye are Jesus Christ?
Did Jesus block federal goverment roads in order to sell sovenirs,olive oil, toothpaste and bottled water?
Reminds me of Christ pursuing business men pretending to be priests out of the temple.
Have you considered that not all christians in Nigeria belong to winners church? Even if they do what about Muslims and traditional religion worshippers inconvenienced by this road block?
I have nothing against a nigga engaging in his hustle to get money,but just do not prevent me from getting mine which is what people like Oyedepo and Adeboye do when they block highways and create unneccesary traffic jams when they engage in their annual carnival/jamborees.

1 Like

Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by kobezex: 8:05am On Dec 08, 2012
pls what time is todya's service?
Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by awesomet1(m): 9:06am On Dec 08, 2012
Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by Shine1177: 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Pastor Kun. What a Pastor? The Smith in that testimony is no other than Smith Wigglesworth of England, a plumber by profession but a prophet by divine calling and election. Instead of rubbishing Christian faith and the validity of the testimony you should have use GOOGLE to search for 'Smith' God's General.

Yes Bishop Oyedepo wife received medical attention when she was attack but receiving medical treatment is not a sin even while exercising your faith in divine healing. Doctors don't heal they only care. God is the only healer.

Everyone that has come online to criticize the Servant of God, Oyedepo, can't you see that the more you condemn him the more he goes up and nobody is even taking notice of you guys. Though not a new thing, even Christ Jesus was condemned by his half-brothers while he was still with them but they all got themselves sold out to His teachings after He left. I am trusting God for guys out here that you will all receive understanding in Jesus name. SHALOM.
Re: Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR by teetee123: 1:15pm On Dec 08, 2012
[quote author=rusher14]
Question: is it right for a professed MOG to seek medical attention for himself or spouse while presenting faith healing to his congregation? [/quote

winners chapel never teach the members not to seek medical attention. For your information the church has Gilead medical centres in some of the major cities. There is also medical units in the churches. Mrs. Oyedepo illness was well documented in her book ”Escape from Destruction”. The church never contributed for her treatment.

Many at times member bills are taken care of by the church. Most issue of welfare are taken care by the home cell group without even the input of the pastor.

Get your information right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? / Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) / Music: Oruko Tuntun [new Name] ~ Tope Alabi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.