Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (830660 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by blessedbeads(f): 11:29am On Aug 31, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Who gave Satan permission? Sometimes, kinds claim to know about bible than unbelievers like me.!

my sister we don't need to be insulting,we all are learning every day ...God gave satan permission because he was so sure of job ,when he came to test job and Job stand on his right he won't have fall ,satan would have flew
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by grace5: 1:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
"This book of the law [the Word of God] shall not depart from [always be in] your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for THEN you will make your way prosperous, and THEN you will have success".... Joshua 1:8 NASB

* Every believer must continually do those things in obedience to the Holy Spirit, that will cause them to have a greater capacity for the Presence of God - in order that through them He might pour out His Life and Power [Love]on all flesh and blood.

...."Now on the last day, the great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water'".... John 7:37-38 NASB

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2015
Nobody is insulting anybody. We just stating d fact.

blessedbeads:
my sister we don't need to be insulting,we all are learning every day ...God gave satan permission because he was so sure of job ,when he came to test job and Job stand on his right he won't have fall ,satan would have flew
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by awa(m): 7:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
The Lord is good. ..I have been blessed reading alot of contributions around here.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by blessedbeads(f): 10:05pm On Aug 31, 2015
My Night Thought:

"No matter what happens, never allow that WAIT become a heavy WEIGHT. Be confident that all will be well soon".
Goodnight({}) .

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by blessedbeads(f): 1:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
ENLARGE YOUR VISION

“...Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.” (2 Kings 6: 18)

That is the Focal Scripture of Streams of Joy Devotional today.

After Elisha saw the horses and chariots of fire that came from heaven, he prayed that God should smite the Syrians with blindness. Elisha’s vision was elevated to see what human eyes could not see, and he prayed to God to take away the vision of the Syrians. Elisha’s vision was higher, and he took away the vision of the Syrians.

Friend, the higher your vision, the more you will dominate over others. When you advance in your vision and purpose in life, God will empower you to outclass people who have no vision and purpose for their lives. When you have uncommon ideas that others are not thinking about, you will overtake and command them in destiny.

The more you see, know and understand more than others, the more you will take their positions and opportunities from them. When your vision in your career/business is higher than that of your contemporaries and rivals, you will take vantage positions that will put others out of business.

Expand your vision; increase your understanding and vision for your career, business, ministry, etc. Raise the bar in the matter of vision. Ask God to open your eyes to see what others around you cannot see. Ask God to inspire you to see ideas and opportunities that others can’t see.

Elisha's supernatural vision which the Syrian forces didn’t have, became his advantage. What you know that others don't know will keep you ahead. The key to your next level lies in a bigger vision.

Prayer : Lord, increase my vision; empower me to see what others cannot see, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Have A Blessed Tuesday And A Fruitful Month.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by blessedbeads(f): 1:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
Happy new month ,may it be a month to remember

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by grace5: 9:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
As long as you're in His hands everything is going to be alright!
The same hands that created the universe is holding you right now. His hands is on you!
The step of a righteous man is order of the Lord.
Sometime those step will lead you right through the valley of death.
But, make no mistake about it, you're coming out.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by blessedbeads(f): 8:19am On Sep 02, 2015
GROW YOUR VISION

"...Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness...”
(2 Kings 6: 18)

When the Syrians surrounded Dothan, their eyes were open, they had vision. Elisha had human vision, and also had supernatural vision that enabled him to see the horses and chariots of fire. The Syrians were on the same level of vision, but Elisha’s vision went higher to see what the Syrians didn’t see.

As Elisha’s vision went higher, he prayed to God to smite the Syrians with blindness. The vision of the Syrians was stagnated, and they lost their vision because of someone with a higher vision. That stagnation of vision was a platform for their vision's extinction. Their stagnated vision fell victim to a man with a higher vision.

Friend, hear God’s warning: when your vision and purpose become stagnated, you may fall victim to someone with a higher vision and purpose. When your ideas remain small from year to year, others will enlarge their ideas and put you out of business. When you settle for the same level in status, abilities, skills, competence, performance, efficiency, etc, from day to day, be careful, you are on the highway to your extinction.

Stagnation of vision is a smokescreen that shuts your eyes from seeing that you are actually on a journey of retrogression and extinction. A stagnated vision will put you out of circulation sooner than later. A vision on the same level year in, year out, will prepare you for a future full of regrets for things you failed to do.

Grow your vision, refuse to have a stagnated vision, refuse to remain on the same level in any area of your life, make fresh progress each new day; never allow your vision in life remain on the same level.

Prayer : Lord, give me grace for a higher vision; my vision won't be stagnated, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Enjoy A Wonderful Wednesday.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by grace5: 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
Are you walking with the WISE or the Foolish?
Proverbs 13:20 He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will be destroyed.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by blessedbeads(f): 6:20am On Sep 03, 2015
Good morning wonderful people on the thread ,Hope we had a sound sleep ? I will like to remind every one on this thread most especially people going for today service ,this is the first thursday of september . God is waiting to bless u ,Don't miss the service . The time is 8:30 - 10 am And the Address still remain num 5 idowu close,sango ota off power line before the small mosque ,plaza junction. God bless u as u come
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by grace5: 10:45am On Sep 03, 2015
The precious inheritance [the "fullness" of salvation] that I have bestowed upon My beloved children [in Christ] is not to be treated as a matter for "future discovery" [through unbelief] but as an ALREADY established fact. An already established spiritual reality that is to be appropriated through a "present" heart-acceptance [through the continual exercising of an absolute faith and trust in My Word].

."But by His [the Father's] doing you are [already] IN Christ Jesus, Who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption".... 1 Corinthians 1:30 NASB

...."For we are God's [own] handiwork [His workmanship], recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined [planned beforehand] for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]".... Ephesians 2:10 The Amplified Translation

...."Who is the man who fears the LORD? He will instruct him in the way he should choose. His soul will abide in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land. The secret of the LORD is for those who fear [reverence] Him, and He will make them know His covenant".... Psalms 25:12-14 NASB
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by blessedbeads(f): 8:37am On Sep 04, 2015
FEED THEM TO STOP

“...when they had eaten and drunk, he sent them away, and they went to their master. So the bands of Syria came no more into the land of Israel.”
(2 Kings 6: 23)

When Elisha encountered the Syrian soldiers, he prayed to God to make them blind, then led them to Samaria where the king of Israel fed them. Elisha subdued them with the power of God, and they came no more into Israel. He fed the Syrians, and they stopped bothering Israel.

Friend, feed your challenges and they will stop. Subdue your challenges and break the stronghold of the enemy through prayers and you will be free. Destroy the satanic altars against your destiny, and everything they represent will die a natural death in your life. Speak God’s word to your challenges, and they will bow to you.

Also feed your circumstances with the right understanding, attitude and approach that will bring change. Some new doors will open with just a little courtesy and finesse.

Elisha didn’t use physical strength to subdue the Syrians, but he subdued them eventually. Sometimes, physical strength may not subdue some issues, but a little tact will.

As you feed negative circumstances around you with prayers and God’s word, they will crumble, and they won't come back to you again. As you positively change your attitudes, behaviour, work ethics, etc, God will disconnect you from negative results and give you positive results.

Don't tolerate the shackles of the enemy in your life; break the chains; Genesis 27 vs. 40 says: “…and it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck.”

Prayer : Lord, I will feed every negative challenge with prayers, Your word and improved attitudes, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Enjoy A Fabulous Friday.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by grace5: 6:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
YOU ARE NOT A SON OR DAUGHTER OF GOD UNTIL YOU COME OUT OF WORLDLINESS AND LIVE A PURE & HOLY LIFE BEFORE GOD.

2 Corinthians :6:17:
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by namo77: 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nice thread.

There's a book that has changed my life. It helped me truly understand Christianity. Check it out: http://downloads.rhapsodyofrealities.org/downloads/ror/start/teamnnamdio
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Cherlene(f): 3:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
Happy Sunday NAIRALANDERS

If you FIND yourself in a NEGATIVE or UNPLEASANT situation, look for ways to REDEEM the circumstances. There is NEVER a time or place in when you can't GLORIFY and SERVE GOD. Acts 28:16, 28:30-31

Cherlene

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by bunmijames(m): 10:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
join me on first christian forum www.my.ziontalk.com.meet godly people with goodly information.we minister to your spirit soul and body
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Lenry: 12:59am On Sep 07, 2015
Listen to this (and other videos by the author) to understand how Nigerian christians should handle the political question!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxQ8bMmsEm4
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by grace5: 9:23am On Sep 07, 2015
Speak less but pray more...
Sacrifice your time for prayer. Sacrifice your life
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Danity20: 6:19am On Sep 08, 2015
Congratulations to those that bought my yesterday's game and won #30,298 Have created 2 whatsapp group where everybody joins and the daily games will be sent there with ease for everyday winnings . It's Meant For Only D Serious Minded People. My watsapp Number Is: 0808 29808 18 or +23480 8298 0818 Join the whatsapp winning teams 250 odds available for today's game All fixed matches
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Cherlene(f): 8:12am On Sep 08, 2015

Goodmorning NAIRALANDERS

Proverbs 16:11

Whether we buy, sell, make a profit or offer a service, we know what is FAIR and HONEST and what is unFAIR and disHONEST. Sometimes we feel pressure to be disHONEST in order to ADVANCE OURSELVES or GAIN PROFIT. But if we WANT TO OBEY GOD, there is no MIDDLE GROUND. God DEMANDS HONESTY in every business transaction.

Cherlene

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by grace5: 9:23am On Sep 08, 2015
WHEN GOD PUSH YOU TO THE EDGE OF DIFFICULTY,TRUST HIM FULLY,
BECAUSE TWO THINGS CAN HAPPEN,EITHER HE'LL CATCH YOU WHEN YOU FALL,
OR HE WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO FLY!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by RobinHez(m): 7:35am On Sep 09, 2015
johnydon22:
You see what i mean, there are up to 2,900 God concepts in the world.

You believe 1 and disbelieve 2,899 others while i disbelieve both the 2,899 and yours too.

So if you find out the reason you disbelieve the other Gods you will find out the reason i disbelieve yours. .

Meanwhile please forget about this Goddy stuff, you can take me up on that in the religion section, for now let's talk science

Everyone knows THERE'S A GOD, and they try to define HIM...hence the over 2,899
That should say something..yh?

It doesn't change the fact that there's only one thuogh...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by johnydon22(m): 7:41am On Sep 09, 2015
RobinHez:

Everyone knows THERE'S A GOD, and they try to define HIM...hence the over 2,899
That should say something..yh?

It doesn't change the fact that there's only one thuogh...
Lmao... everyone knows there is a God?

These ancient postulations were ways of trying to explain the world where they lack knowledge of which scientific explanation has replaced most if not all.

That you say there is a God is a claim and so the onus rests on you to prove there is... But alas you can't because you believe it by FAITH, is it not funny how you don't need faith to believe something as evidential as earth.. Figure it out
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by RobinHez(m): 7:51am On Sep 09, 2015
johnydon22:
Lmao... everyone knows there is a God?

These ancient postulations were ways of trying to explain the world where they lack knowledge of which scientific explanation has replaced most if not all.

That you say there is a God is a claim and so the onus rests on you to prove there is... But alas you can't because you believe it by FAITH, is it not funny how you don't need faith to believe something as evidential as earth.. Figure it out

so do u believe in the existence of 'spirit' ?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by johnydon22(m): 7:53am On Sep 09, 2015
RobinHez:

so do u believe in the existence of 'spirit' ?
Nope, some people who don't believe in a God do so tho

But most don't. Superstition to me is a psychological impairment and is a horrifying thing to teach kids
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by RobinHez(m): 8:02am On Sep 09, 2015
johnydon22:
Nope, some people who don't believe in a God do so tho

But most don't. Superstition to me is a psychological impairment and is a horrifying thing to teach kids

ok..
About your signature.,
God told us to see Him as a "potter" and so, he can do whatever he likes with His clay.
He created us, and so He owns us...we're like pawns in His chess game.
But above all, He loves us. tongue

I still believe, Science is only trying to explain what God does...
For instance, He said.."let their be Light", and there was light! :- Science tells us the Sun is a star, and like every other stars, was giving birth to at some point in time..
Don't u see the correlation?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by johnydon22(m): 8:11am On Sep 09, 2015
RobinHez:

ok..
About your signature.,
God told us to see Him as a "potter" and so, he can do whatever he likes with His clay.
He created us, and so He owns us...we're like pawns in His chess game.
But above all, He loves us. tongue
Am not sure you can hear yourself. . Again i repeat perfection can never birth imperfect, it is literally impossible. . For God to create something imperfect show it is imperfect itself. .

So he can do whatever he likes, you are just his pawn in his board and he loves you but will send you to hell tho he loves you and you never asked to be created. . Imagine how absurd you sound.…Read your own words again

I still believe, Science is only trying to explain what God does...
For instance, He said.."let their be Light", and there was light! :- Science tells us the Sun is a star, and like every other stars, was giving birth to at some point in time..
Don't u see the correlation?
No there is no correlation here.

According the genesis myth. . light was created on the first day, day and night and the sun was created on the 4th day. . . Now think about it

The light you are talking about didnt come from the sun because according to the bible the earth predates the sun and other stars literally the earth predates the milky way galaxy. .lmao... (Earth, light, day and night) was created on the first day and then Sun and other stars was created on the 4th day and someone with a basic scientific cognition is yapping about this Pheeeeew

Please am done discussing such mythologies that is the opposite of modern scientific facts.. (Before i go, i need you to go read the etymology of the Genesis story, it is a reworked copy of a much older story. The babylonian Enuma Elish...Do your research on that)

Am done
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by RobinHez(m): 9:10am On Sep 09, 2015
johnydon22:
Am not sure you can hear yourself. . Again i repeat perfection can never birth imperfect, it is literally impossible. . For God to create something imperfect show it is imperfect itself. .

So he can do whatever he likes, you are just his pawn in his board and he loves you but will send you to hell tho he loves you and you never asked to be created. . Imagine how absurd you sound.…Read your own words again

No there is no correlation here.

According the genesis myth. . light was created on the first day, day and night and the sun was created on the 4th day. . . Now think about it

It was clearly stated that "In the beginning, God created the HEAVENS and the earth!"
The Universe was created first!

Ok thanks, I'll read the etymology stuff.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by RobinHez(m): 12:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
Kirk Franklin has released a new single titled "Wanna be Happy"

Check it out y'all!

#since2011
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by grace5: 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2015
HEY FRIENDS, I'VE GOT URGENT NEWS!!!

No compromise to God's Word.
No careless living at this hour.
Time to run away from hell is now you are alive.
Time to make heaven is now you are alive.
Depart from that which displeases the Lord.
Live daily for Jesus in this decaying world, time is absolutely over.
Lord Jesus is coming back!
Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by cally3D(m): 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2015
Loooooooooool. Really, funny how ppl think that "b'cos they've seen a couple of planes fly, used an i-phone, heard of humans being formed in test-tubes or witnessed technological innovations, that yes, they can now look at the creator directly in the eyes and question HIS EXISTENCE?
Try to explain to them and u hear things like;
Can u prove it?
Have u seen God before?
Show me an evidence?
which is typical of the westerners in their bid to challenge God because of the LITTLE KNOWLEDGE they have acquired about the universe!
Now talk about their so called "scientific discoveries", Have we ever seen a milky way galaxy, yet we believe it exists. They made us believe there were 9 planets, all of a sudden, Pluto vanished to take some time off and Skype for sometime! And yes we all believed, yet we av never 'seen' not to talk of proving them!
They started initially by saying "atoms are indestructible" only to come back years later and retract that theory cos it seems someone has proved otherwise! People who lived in that era died believing atoms are indestructible because a so called called EVIDENCE proved so, which is in fact a fallacy! Needless to add also how the phenomenon of Isotopy disproved an element of those theoretical postulations.
To satisfy my anxiety about the human body; composition, structure and functions, which is my passion, I was stuck with my medical textbooks that contained the so called ANSWERS AND EVIDENCE. To put it mildly, I was heavily disappointed! I sought for complete answers, but I got 'probable' answers! You will see things like,
- the probable answer for this mechanism is.......
- it is thought that this is brought about by.........
The little things we are meant to understand, we understood and can explain. But the bigger things whose answers have been kept aside till the appointed time, trying to understand and and explain them only makes us jokers.

Science has helped our lives a lot! Am a big fan of the various scientific innovations obtainable in the world today! Indeed, it has made the earth more habitable for it is God's command to man, Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea...................
But we should be careful, not to be carried away by how far we have come, prompting us to challenge our creator! Read the scriptures and see what happened to people who even "thought" about it!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Love Not The World / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.