Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,682 members, 7,837,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance (9796 Views)

Buhari To Ojukwu’s Mother In A 1984 Cartoon / Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu / GEJ's Tribute To Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by pazienza(m): 10:56pm On Nov 27, 2012
Zeus I: Your soul rests happily indeed for having used your inheritance to defend your own in time of anarchy, and was able to return after a brief retreat to courageously tell your aggressors to their faces that they are guilty. You roamed throught the country, no more as a rebel but as a hero, infusing the once lost nerve to your people's mind, and before your earthly exit made sure that you consolidated Igbos for a greater future when you said 'The biafra we fought for was the biafra of Igbos, but the one we now seek is the biafra of Nigeria, the biafra of the mind not of the field' indicating how the next phase of confrontation should be, which is: terrifying the enemy from within, sabotaging their every effort, terrorising them stealthily, and turning them against each other'. Ohaneze's consolidation has made it a formidable force to reckon with in the realm of socio-cultural organisation in the whole of Nigeria, working in harmony with all diaspora igbo organisations to begin the psychological, strategic and political control of the federal govt in favour of Igbos. Never shall we trust any nor shall we accommodate another in our ploy to forge an invincible entity, never again shall we entertain empathy on our former foes, never shall we forgive neither shall we forget. They(our enemies) must be presented withe psyche of a divided front to lure them into fatal destruction. Adieu Moses of Black Jews. Adieu Odumegbu Ojukwu, Adieu Ezeigbo Gburugburu.

Chai! Nnaa thank you for this write up.
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by pazienza(m): 11:12pm On Nov 27, 2012
Zeus I: Every brave man lose a battle as did Napoleon, Ceasar, etc, but wins the war ultimately. And so has world powers like Rome, America, Britain etc. Personalities like Winston Churchil lost the initial battles in the WWII and never commited sucide. Yorubas avoid real confrontation as they avoid cleanliness and commits sucide as a sign of hopelessness, that was how Awo, Abiola, and all of their ancestors has been doing, dying hoplessly. Ojukwu's policy will haunt yorubas till they totally become our slaves.

I like this.
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by cashbaby41(f): 9:01am On Nov 28, 2012
U will always be in our hrt...RIP
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by MegaMan2020: 1:13pm On Nov 28, 2012
R.I.P to the man that dressed up in woman wrapper and fled Nigeria when his people needed him the most. Igbo Kwenu!!! grin

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by tomakint: 2:26pm On Nov 28, 2012
Ojukwu was buried with the recognition of a Past Head of State, showing that he was recognised as the de facto President of the Republic of Biafra, former Heads of State of few countries were there to pay their last respects. If I can remember vividly well, it was the first burial that looked like a Head of State’s in the history of Nigeria. His coffin was carried by Generals, God must have designed that Jonathan (a fellow Biafran) should be in power to accord the People’s General a befitting burial that remains a hallmark in the history of this country!

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by omonnakoda: 10:25am On Dec 28, 2012
Why did he commit suicide?
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by AndreUweh(m): 12:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
omonnakoda: Why did he commit suicide?
Who?.
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by omonnakoda: 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2012
Oju Iku!! was it because anoda man dey gbuala Bianca?

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by dayokanu(m): 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
Tribute to a coward who fled warfront
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by igboboy1(m): 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
Unlike the famous rat poison drinker, Ara-wolowo, Ikemba is Ikemba finito....

It is hard for people who tell folktales that their papa, Olodo-wa, is superman who descended from planet pluto to grasp what a hero is

It is hard for a clan of cowards, when they see war they disperse like women, to know what a Hero is...

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by dayokanu(m): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
igbo boy:
It is hard for a clan of cowards, when they see war they disperse like women, to know what a Hero is...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/789775_Ojukwu_getting_ready_to_run_jpg967aeb75e390ca75377ad019b3c9fae5
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
igbo boy: Unlike the famous rat poison drinker, Ara-wolowo, Ikemba is Ikemba finito....

It is hard for people who tell folktales that their papa, Olodo-wa, is superman who descended from planet pluto to grasp what a hero is

Dudue help my brain, I seem not to know of any wars fought and won by okoros against other tribes!
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by pazienza(m): 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2012
tomakint: Ojukwu was buried with the recognition of a Past Head of State, showing that he was recognised as the de facto President of the Republic of Biafra, former Heads of State of few countries were there to pay their last respects. If I can remember vividly well, it was the first burial that looked like a Head of State’s in the history of Nigeria. His coffin was carried by Generals, God must have designed that Jonathan (a fellow Biafran) should be in power to accord the People’s General a befitting burial that remains a hallmark in the history of this country!
Add that to the fact that ivory coast and zambia,two biafran allies during the war,went on to play in the final of african cup of nations,the same year that Ojukwu died,while super chicken didn't even qualify for that tournament. What a befitting ending!

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by pazienza(m): 11:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
torkaka:

Dudue help my brain, I seem not to know of any wars fought and won by okoros against other tribes!
I guess your idea of war is the wrestling matches you guys had with each other, called kirijiri war?
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by omonnakoda: 12:23am On Dec 29, 2012
[size=4pt]WHY DID HE COMMIT SUICIDE WHY DID HE COMMIT SUICIDE WHY DID HE COMMIT SUICIDE [/size]
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by omonnakoda: 12:48am On Dec 29, 2012
tomakint: Ojukwu was buried with the recognition of a Past Head of State, showing that he was recognised as the de facto President of the Republic of Biafra, former Heads of State of few countries were there to pay their last respects. If I can remember vividly well, it was the first burial that looked like a Head of State’s in the history of Nigeria. His coffin was carried by Generals, God must have designed that Jonathan (a fellow Biafran) should be in power to accord the People’s General a befitting burial that remains a hallmark in the history of this country!

Igbo must boast about everything.People try to show you respect you must boast about it have you no self esteem
anyway

[size=4pt] WHY DID HE COMMIT SUICIDE WHY DID HE COMMIT SUICIDE WHY DID HE COMMIT SUICIDE [/size]
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by pazienza(m): 3:50am On Dec 29, 2012
omonnakoda: [size=4pt]WHY DID HE COMMIT SUICIDE WHY DID HE COMMIT SUICIDE WHY DID HE COMMIT SUICIDE [/size]
Why awo committed suicide? Well,he attempted to usurp IBB's govt,jakande gave him a taste of his treachery,i guess he learnt the act of treachery from awo,and damn,wasn't he good at it..., anyway,awo was caught by IBB,but instead of going to prison or exile,the power hungry treacherous beign took his life with the aid of otapiapia.
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by tomakint: 8:40am On Dec 29, 2012
omonnakoda:
Igbo must boast about everything.People try to show you respect you must boast about it have you no self esteem
anyway [size=4pt] WHY DID HE COMMIT SUICIDE WHY DID HE COMMIT SUICIDE WHY DID HE COMMIT SUICIDE [/size]
Son, why not use ur God given talent for somethin more expedient, spellin Ibo or Igbo as 'Igbo' is a classical revelation of ur level of bigotry! By the way! d poster u quoted is a Yoruba man who respects and recognises a 'true Patriot'!
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by kettykin: 10:28am On Dec 29, 2012
The Big Question is who really is a coward and who is not.
of all the groups in Nigeria

More of Yoruba Leaders have been killed , Assassinated , Jailed than any other group in Nigeria

Hausa leader Ahmadu Bello,Tafawa Balewa ,Maimalari, Lagerma,Largema, Pam, all killed by igbos

Yoruba Leaders Akintola,Ademulegun,Shodeinde killed by igbos

Yoruba Leaders Afonja,Fajuyi, Abiola, Kudirat Abiola killed by Northeners

Niger Delta Okotiebo killed by igbos

Niger Delta Isaac Ada Boro back stabbed by Yorubas Benjamin Adekunle
Niger Delta Ken Saro Wiwa Notherner

The Big question really ? Are yorubas really a Major tribe in Nigeria do they merit being addressed as a Major tribe, A tribe that is not reckoned with doing any coup even a failed coup and were at best caught in the planning stages of a coup, Can yorubas ever live up to expectation , A tribe whose People are being murdered on Daily bases by Fulani raiders in Yewa Ogun state and other Cities and they prefer the look the other way preferring rather to match around the City of Lagos state an otherwise peaceful abode where they are not in Majority and where there already enough Soldiers and police on stand by for Boko Haram leaving theri Vulnerable towns and villages for Boko Haram .

Can this people be taken seriously with a pinch of salt
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by kettykin: 10:47am On Dec 29, 2012
Calling Ojukwu a Coward by a Cowardice Vulturous tribe is what i can't really understand

Can this people be taken serious, this is a tribe whose leaders are all ex convicts imprisoned by the north starting from Afonfa, Awolowo, Obasanjo,Diya,Tinubu,Bode George,Bola Ige

Here is what their Coward Messiah had to say about his incaceration in 1979

But then something happened, and I don’t like to go into that long history. Some leaders in the north thought I was too much of a threat to them and they went all out to fight back, first of all, by imprisoning me, and wherever they thought they could get away with it.. even killing some of my followers. And then of course they turned their attention to me and then got me out of circulation for some time in the hope that once I was out of circulation, it will be possible in the meantime to pass a preventive detention act which will then keep me in prison for the rest of my life. But man proposes, God disposes.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/obafemi-awolowo-archives/exclusive-chief-obafemi-awolowo-on-biafra-in-his-own-words.html

Can you imagine the Hypocritical Awolowo joining forces with the same north that incarcerated him ,if this is not an instance Hypocrisy then what else is Hypocrisy
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by geeez: 11:37am On Dec 29, 2012
How many Igbos do you know that have been able to fight governments to standstill in modern Nigeria even in the face of death. Almost none. Why? The fleeing Oju Iku's cowardice was not a personal trait but most definitely in the DNA of the Igbo race.

The Yoruba tribe is the most war tested tribe in history and even today, we have demonstrated our boldness in the most daring forms against military and civilian regimes in instances where the Igbos have slid their tails between their legs. This is one of the reasons why an Igboman may not rule Nigeria because every other region knows are cowards

Even Oju Iku that started a war, knew he was gonna lose, planned his escape and only wanted his name in history which no one reckons with today

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by kettykin: 11:56am On Dec 29, 2012
geeez: How many Igbos do you know that have been able to fight governments to standstill in modern Nigeria even in the face of death. Almost none. Why? The fleeing Oju Iku's cowardice was not a personal trait but most definitely in the DNA of the Igbo race.

The Yoruba tribe is the most war tested tribe in history and even today, we have demonstrated our boldness in the most daring forms against military and civilian regimes in instances where the Igbos have slid their tails between their legs. This is one of the reasons why an Igboman may not rule Nigeria because every other region knows are cowards

Even Oju Iku that started a war, knew he was gonna lose, planned his escape and only wanted his name in history which no one reckons with today

Has any Yoruba Man fought Government to a stand still even when all Yoruba Leaders were sent to jail and remaining went on exile in Ghana , London and Canada which Yoruba fought Government to a standstill. is it NADECO that was fighting on the pages on Newspapers and from foreign Location in Ghana and London

Or are you referring to the Subsidy riot that was embarked on by NLC, PENGASSAN, NUPEND and co and whocalled of the strike when they were settled or are you referring to the Yaradua presidential Saga which necessitated Tony Blair and Geroge Bush coming to Nigeria to meet Jonathan Privatelywhere Dora Akunyili had to dare her colleagues to impeach Yaradua in the Exco meeting which the north is yet to forgive her for.

if you don't know it is Obsanjo/Yoruba Hypocrisy that is hunting Nigeria Obasanjo in his regime did not have the Liver,temerity and Boldness to stop Boko Haram and is now asking another person to use force to fight Boko Haram while he is busy building a mosque for them in his Library

“He was going to be a big catch” said the source who explained that the leadership halted the operation as Obasanjo went inside the residence of Babakura.

“Obasanjo was good to us. We had no problem with Obasanjo. We had him. We could have taken him out”, as he recalled that the sharia movement took off during the period when Obasanjo was president . “The problem started during the late President Yar’Adua regime. Goodluck only inherited the problem. We have no problem with Goodluck. But his Ijaw people around him are deceiving him”.

http://247ureports.com/why-we-did-not-kill-obasanjo-boko-haram/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"With Biafra, It Is Finished" - Gowon {video} / Jonathan Didn’t Found Niger Delta Avengers – IYC / Rescheduled Polls: INEC Begins Distribution Of Sensitive Materials In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.