Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge (13116 Views)

Fashola Blames Jonathan For Lekki-ikoyi Robbery / FG To File Defence In Lekki-ikoyi Bridge Suit / Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2012
naptu2: The project is not tax funded. It's funded via a bond (loan) which the government will have to pay back (remember back in 2009 when people were complaining that Lagos was borrowing too much? Well this was funded by one of such loans).

So, let me get this straight. The Government, using tax-payer funds will pay back the loan it took to build this road, but you declared it non-tax funded? How?
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by sucess001(m): 7:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
banki:

but lekki ikoyi people are not poor people na

D last person dt sounded like dt was tinubu and dts so lame an argument...is it everyone in those areas dt re rich? Have u been to jakande estate, argungi..igo efon or ajah areas? Den u ll knw poor pple also live dere...and y shd u even collect 500 from d rich residents? Don't dey also pay taxes?
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by sucess001(m): 7:31pm On Nov 27, 2012
Kobojunkie:

So, let me get this straight. The Government, using tax-payer funds will pay back the loan it took to build this road, but you declared it non-tax funded? How?

I tire ooo...d guy is tryin to say d government will repay d loans from their personal pockets not tru tax payers moni
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Nov 27, 2012
banki:
but lekki ikoyi people are not poor people na

The last time I checked, the vast majority of those who live in Lekki are poor people. Lekki is bigger than the nice looking houses you are used to seeing from the roads. Drive a bit further in and you will see the many villages in Lekki with untarred mud roads and mud and brick houses . . yes, they still dey there.
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by ade80: 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2012
dabossman:

Help me tell them o. Even in the UK there are roads that are tolled, and boys dey jejely take longer routes to avoid paying tolls. It's optional. You don't have to ply that route. Sometimes, I think we Nigerians want everything free. Free education, free health care, free food, free water, free light, even free wife too grin grin. Haba!

But that said, they should try and reduce the toll fee and government needs to be more transparent. As for me, I'd rather pay a reasonable fee for quality service than pay for service I still don't get i.e. NEPA!

If you can show me the longer route, I will gladly take it. The beach road has been walled off after they discovered that most SUV's take that route and oniru residents are protesting about their estate being turned into an alternative road. And the traffic at that toll gate ever morning defeats the purpose of it being a faster route cause that is [b][/b]The only route
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by nex(m): 10:51pm On Nov 27, 2012
This lawyer was doing well till he started to sue the Attorneys-General of the federation, and that of Lagos State. What is their business with suspension bridge? Instead of remaining in their good books so that they may hear him fairly, this man has gone to pitch his tent against the judges for no other reason than the fact that democracy permits him to do so.

I would have supported him if he had instituted a reasonable suit against the Governor, and the Lagos state Ministry of Waterfront and Infrastructure. But I have not beef with any judge, or any Attorney_general, and I can't understand why they're being sued.

God bless Nigeria, and may Nigerians learn the best way to fight for their liberties.
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by naptu2: 8:30am On Nov 28, 2012
OMG! She is back again! Smh (elections are over). (Anyway, she goes back on the "ignore list" )

How are BRT operations funded (it's tolled, duh!).
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by naptu2: 8:37am On Nov 28, 2012
ade_77:

If you can show me the longer route, I will gladly take it. The beach road has been walled off after they discovered that most SUV's take that route and oniru residents are protesting about their estate being turned into an alternative road. And the traffic at that toll gate ever morning defeats the purpose of it being a faster route cause that is [b][/b]The only route

Now I know what you are talking about! That sand route! It's actually someone's land, not a public road. However, some people have pulled down the wall (when was the last time you went there?).

I also believe that the government should tar that place and connect the Goshen Road to the Oniru New Market Road. That will be the beginning of the Coastal Road. I can't understand why they haven't done that. angry

However, there's an alternative: Oniru New Market Road-Oba Yesufu Oniru Road-Ligali Ayorinde Road Victoria Island, or you can exit at Sand-Fill junction (I use that route all the time). You don't have to go through the toll gate (wish I had a map to show you, but just turn in to New Market Road, before Phase 1 Roundabout and you'll easily find your way to VI).
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by naptu2: 8:58am On Nov 28, 2012
Finally! A map. You can access the alternative route via New Market Road, or (from further down the express way) T.F Kuboye Road. It's completely toll free (even the TUC owned BRT buses use it).

Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by naptu2: 9:04am On Nov 28, 2012
The bridge is going to be used by car owners. Commercial buses are not allowed into Lekki Phase 1 Estate (where the bridge terminates). Commercial buses will use either the alternative road or the expressway. However, the bridge will reduce the pressure on both the alternative road and the expressway.
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by ade80: 10:09am On Nov 28, 2012
naptu2:

Now I know what you are talking about! That sand route! It's actually someone's land, not a public road. However, some people have pulled down the wall (when was the last time you went there?).

I also believe that the government should tar that place and connect the Goshen Road to the Oniru New Market Road. That will be the beginning of the Coastal Road. I can't understand why they haven't done that. angry

However, there's an alternative: Oniru New Market Road-Oba Yesufu Oniru Road-Ligali Ayorinde Road Victoria Island (I use that route all the time). You don't have to go through the toll gate (wish I had a map to show you, but just turn in to New Market Road, before Phase 1 Roundabout and you'll easily find your way to VI).

I wish I had the money to tar the road and put the government to shame tongue

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by naptu2: 10:16am On Nov 28, 2012
ade_77:

I wish I had the money to tar the road and put the government to shame tongue

So do I. So do I.
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by sucess001(m): 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2012
with the way this naptu guy is taking time on these explanations and also goin the length to pull out a map...its difficult for me to believe u re just a normal commentator on this thread...do u have a benefit from govt? whoever is not benefiting anytin from government should stand up against these types of policies designed to further impoverish the already oppressed citizens of this country...
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by naptu2: 4:08pm On Nov 28, 2012
sucess001: with the way this naptu guy is taking time on these explanations and also goin the length to pull out a map...its difficult for me to believe u re just a normal commentator on this thread...do u have a benefit from govt? whoever is not benefiting anytin from government should stand up against these types of policies designed to further impoverish the already oppressed citizens of this country...

Benefit from government. . . Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha!
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by naptu2: 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2012
I've had a long hard day. Thanks very much, I really needed that stress relief.
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by freebloke: 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2012
Jerie:

Stray sp.erms like you are one of the reasons I believe condoms should be free and abortion should be legalized.
baaadt guuuy!!!
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
Just to discourage as many motorist as they can from plying the route.

It could have probably been an agreement with the residents that the govt curb vehicular activities on the bridge and the Govt felt the only way to do that is a high toll fee.

Whether its a good option to discourage motorists or not...time will tell. Lagosians easily adapts.
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by 2AMLasgidi: 7:35am On Mar 28, 2013
Has anyone thought of the implication of this bridge to the resident of Lekki Phase 1 & Ikoyi? The peace they enjoy everyday and at certain time of the night will go if Premium is not charged. Most of this guys ordinarily pay the LCC toll and still go to Tarzan to pay N1500 just to get into Ikoyi on time. If anything less than N300 is charged as Toll-Fee on that bridge Any kind of commercial vehicle eg "Danfo" and all sort will ply the bridge; and that is an invitation to trouble which you & I know.

There is an alternative, it is not compulsory for everyone to use the bridge there are viable alternative even to the point of not paying toll as long as the person can go through the pain involved. QED

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by naptu2: 7:51am On Mar 28, 2013
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 28, 2013
rasputinn: Too bad of Tinubu and his boy Fashola...
Tax the residents heavily,use the tax proceeds to build roads and bridges,then make them pay heavily to use the same roads and bridges

Fashola is werking indeed

They are co-thieves running an elitist govt! Its only an emergence of a new party that can expose the MEGA CORRUPTION in this MEGA CITY with the hype/guise of fashola is working & Eko oni baje frauds.
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by ade80: 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2013
2AMLasgidi: Has anyone thought of the implication of this bridge to the resident of Lekki Phase 1 & Ikoyi? The peace they enjoy everyday and at certain time of the night will go if Premium is not charged. Most of this guys ordinarily pay the LCC toll and still go to Tarzan to pay N1500 just to get into Ikoyi on time. If anything less than N300 is charged as Toll-Fee on that bridge Any kind of commercial vehicle eg "Danfo" and all sort will ply the bridge; and that is an invitation to trouble which you & I know.

There is an alternative, it is not compulsory for everyone to use the bridge there are viable alternative even to the point of not paying toll as long as the person can go through the pain involved. QED

Commercial buses are not allowed into the estate and even taxis are not allowed in after six
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by naptu2: 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2013
ade_77:

Commercial buses are not allowed into the estate and even taxis are not allowed in after six

True. Except the Lekki Estate Shuttle.
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by sucess001(m): 9:17am On Mar 29, 2013
ACN a.k.a rogues in government
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by naptu2: 9:24am On Apr 30, 2013
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by naptu2: 12:47am On May 25, 2013
They are seriously preparing for Wednesday (when the bridge will be commissioned). The gates have been removed and replaced by vehicle height restriction bars (I guess large trucks and buses will not be allowed to use the bridge). They brought in a street sweeper to sweep that portion of Admiralty Road and they've finished planting the garden at the new roundabout.
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by omar22(m): 2:13pm On Jul 11, 2013
obailala: When our dracula politicians read comments like yours, all they do is smile and pop some more champagne cos they know the people they rule are idiots.

Tolling isn't much of a problem but I think N500 is way out of order especially considering the Nigerian economy

Yes most infrastructures like road and bridges been built in the western world has a toll on it but I dont agree with N500 which is too high, yes this levy goes towards the maintenance of the bridge its not like they collect road tax in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by naptu2: 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
omar22:

Yes most infrastructures like road and bridges been built in the western world has a toll on it but I dont agree with N500 which is too high, yes this levy goes towards the maintenance of the bridge its not like they collect road tax in Nigeria

The toll is N250 for cars. See picture below.

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1138478_BL2g-NKCYAAf8F5_jpg2d15d1ddc7336b648c7a18102c7d918a[/img]
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by sammhi(m): 1:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
it is not the taxes that am against but the fact that we are not getting any benefit.
when your old mother or father say above 60years is sick who takes care of him or her? is the government has any program to absolve such ? no. so in effect we are on our own ...yet made to pay tax as those of developed nations. just pure robbery
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by ade80: 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
omar22:

We don't pay road tax but the amount of money spent on car repairs because of bad roads makes up for it
Re: Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge by naptu2: 7:36am On Aug 04, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Three INEC Staff Died In Benue / Osinbajo In Kano For Students Innovation Challenge (PHOTOS) / Flash: Testimonies pour into PTAD Twitter page From Pensioners And Their kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.