Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) (52325 Views)

Truck Bursts Into Flames While On Motion In Lagos [PICS] / Trailer Tumbles And Falls At Alapere Lagos (pics) / Driver Urinates On The Roadside, Causes Traffic At Ekoro Road In Lagos (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2012
Damn!! Rossike will always have a come back like: "fug a Cape Town, it's all about Naija, baby." grin

This guy is the Mr. Nigeria of NL - salute! cool

8 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by yuzedo: 2:05pm On Nov 27, 2012
Lagos is just too fine joor abeg!
Eko oni baje!
Waiting for Naptu2's contributions to this thread, meanwhile lemme post a few pictures too... smiley

1 Like

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 27, 2012
Fast track capital development. BEAUTIFUL I must say!
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Fall2013(f): 2:06pm On Nov 27, 2012
Amazing.......Lagos is really developing........
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 27, 2012
Lagos looks decent but A LOT still needs to be done... And it has to start with decongestion; demolishing the shanty homes and replacing them with affordable welfare(subsidised) homes/high-rise-estates(due to the size of the state); re-orientation of the people and how to obey laws; security, and good road network...
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Andrew3(m): 2:06pm On Nov 27, 2012
I raised my shoulder in the office when my irish friends asked "is this your country"?

Am happy to see this. More should be done. cool cool cool

23 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by DaWhiz: 2:07pm On Nov 27, 2012
Nice pictures... I bet they were mostly taken on Sunday tho. I see no traffic. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by shadrach77: 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
Like i constantly say, pictures like these are not what we call beauty. These are pictures that have been cleverly taken from strategic, deliberate locations and any good cameraman can turn a slum into a city paved with gold by adjusting his camera lens strategically. Let's see the whole arial view of the city, then we'll be able to decide if it's indeed beautiful
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by theunusualmoon(m): 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
I FIND THE PHOTOGRAPHER(S) MORE IMPRESSIVE. WHOEVER YOU(GUYS) ARE......THUMBS UP.

5 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by londoner: 2:10pm On Nov 27, 2012
Lagos is looking good in those pics. It may not be all of Lagos, we know......but this is an improvement and there is much more development in progress, as we speak and to come in the future.

This is good.

I'm sure other cities/states in Naija will also be stepping up.....this is what we need development all over.

The fact that the majority if private investment is a good thing, not a bad one..........the more development moves out of the hands of government the better for Nigeria/ns.

I wonder why the BBC did not see any of this, when they went to do their documentary.

3 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Afam4eva(m): 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2012
londoner:
I wonder why the BBC did not see any of this, when they went to do their documentary.
They did not see it because most parts of Lagos don't look like this.

2 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2012
And since Nigerians love big cars like the Americans, the roads look kind of London-ish - New York type of roads would be more suitable for Lagos...

Overall, I love the landscape of Lagos - the sea side, Lagoon front et al...

Lagos boy!! grin

1 Like

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Slyp: 2:13pm On Nov 27, 2012
Lagos dirty shall
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 27, 2012
afam4eva:
They did not see it because most parts of Lagos don't look like this.

And most parts of London and NY look like what you see on TV all the time, no? Go to South Bronx, Queens, Stapleton(Staten Island), Brooklyn et al in US - and certain places in London are fugged up as well...

6 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Afam4eva(m): 2:16pm On Nov 27, 2012
shymexx:

And most parts of London and NY look like what you see on TV all the time, no? Go to South Bronx, Queens, Stapleton(Staten Island), Brooklyn et al in US - and certain places in London are fugged up as well...
I know that for sure. But here in Nigeria it's like less than 10%.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by ayinba1(f): 2:17pm On Nov 27, 2012
Thank you, Rossike! This brightened my day. It is Lagos, it is Naija!

Something positive, good enough for me.

2 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by teskyg: 2:18pm On Nov 27, 2012
Pls,lets see a snap shot of Oshodi,Mushin,Bariga,Ketu,Okokomaiko,and other areas of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by geez1: 2:19pm On Nov 27, 2012
Sometimes when you live in and drive by certain places everyday, you just take the beauty of the environment for granted

Eko o Ni baje

Ile Yoruba O Ni baje

9 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by RedLight1: 2:21pm On Nov 27, 2012
welldone rossike... bookmarking straight so i can show my german girlfriend that heard a lot of negative stories about lagos
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 27, 2012
afam4eva:
I know that for sure. But here in Nigeria it's like less than 10%.

Manhattan isn't even 2% of NY - so why do they show only Manhattan every time they show NY? - however, they have got a fixed picture of a dirty market for Lagos/Nigeria... It's more of a psychological thing than anything else - just to maintain the image of the "dark continent" where nothing ever works...

12 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Lucasbalo(m): 2:22pm On Nov 27, 2012
Nice pics but it can get better.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by RedLight1: 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2012
shymexx: Damn!! Rossike will always have a come back like: "fug a Cape Town, it's all about Naija, baby." grin

This guy is the Mr. Nigeria of NL - salute! cool
its one of the reasons i respect that guy... though nigeria aint what we want at the moment but he is always proud of it like me

6 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Fall2013(f): 2:24pm On Nov 27, 2012
teskyg: Pls,lets see a snap shot of Oshodi,Mushin,Bariga,Ketu,Okokomaiko,and other areas of Lagos.

for ur info..oshodi is now looking good. talk about the heritage garden et all...Mushin too is wearing a new look....
as for Okoko, the badagary expressway wld certainly impact on okokomaiko....etccccc

3 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Afam4eva(m): 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2012
shymexx:

Manhattan isn't even 2% of NY - so why do they show only Manhattan every time they show NY? - however, they have got a fixed picture of a dirty market for Lagos/Nigeria... It's more of a psychological thing than anything else - just to maintain the image of the "dark continent" where nothing ever works...
Manhattan is just the financial center of New York. What about other boroughs such as Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island etc. These places are not only made up of ghettos, are they?

The reason why they won't show you the good parts of Lagos is that cities like Lagos are redundant and there's nothing unique about Lagos. The'd rather go to some Asian and south American cities that are modeled after the culture of those places.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by RedLight1: 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2012
rossike ... i wont mind some pictures of abuja too... lets know whats up there
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Fall2013(f): 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
geez*:

Sometimes when you live in and drive by certain places everyday, you just take the beauty of the environment for granted

Eko o Ni baje

Ile Yoruba O Ni baje

O Baje tiiiii
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Donmeca(m): 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
Waiting for Ajegunle in pix. . .d real Lagos!
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
Red-Light:

its one of the reasons i respect that guy... though nigeria aint what we want at the moment but he is always proud of it like me

Yessir! - the guy is proud of being black, period...

I admire his spirit/drive...

1 Like

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Afam4eva(m): 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2012
shymexx:

Being proud of being black can be a Herculean task.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by RedLight1: 2:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
shymexx:

cant agree less.... thats why that fat nigger called rick ross came to nigeria and all he could show are dirty places ... as if we dont have places like that in queens etc
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by RedLight1: 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
shymexx:

but if u check most of his posts... he is more of pro nigeria than pro black
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2012

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The World's Most Powerful Passports. / Ibadan To Lagos Train Stuck In The Forest As Fuel Finishes (pictures) / Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.