Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? (28518 Views)

Don Jazzy Backs Out From Bet With Davido(screenshot) / Hot New Pics Of Peter From P-square / Pictures From P Square’s 100 Million Naira Mansion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by SwagofAfrica(f): 4:16pm On Dec 01, 2012
Tema-based hiplife duo R2Bees have announced they won’t be performing at today’s Malta Guinness sponsored Top of the World Concert at the Independence Square in Accra.

“Hello fans, sorry to announce to you we won’t be performing at tomorrow’s “Top of the world” concert due to misunderstanding with promoters,” a message posted on the group’s Facebook page on Friday afternoon, read:
“The promoters, the Artists and most importantly you the fans can help change our music industry, refuse to be misled, support ur own. Thanks.

“We’re happy to be the scapegoats, the blacksheep if our actions help change our pathetic music industry… CHANGE WILL COME.

The group’s decision leaves P Square and Sarkodie as the only acts out of the three publicized, to perform.
Both Sarkodie and R2Bees had registered their disagreement over the disparity of contract fees between them and P Square, largely, foreign acts.

It however appears Sarkodie will perform at the concert, as a compromise of a sort has been reached between his management team, the sponsors and event house, CharterHouse.

http://swagofafrica.com/r2bees-backs-out-from-p-square-concert/

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by RickyRoss1(m): 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2012
These clowns wont stop to amaze me.
The show is today and just today they decided not to perform again simply bc they are paying Psquare much more fee? Are they nuts? Who knows R2bees outside of Ghana? Sadly most Ghanaians prefer Nigerian music and videos for obvious reasons. Abeg make r2bees go hug transformer joor...

30 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Nobody: 2:46am On Dec 02, 2012
Ricky_Ross: These clowns wont stop to amaze me.
The show is today and just today they decided not to perform again simply bc they are paying Psquare much more fee? Are they nuts? Who knows R2bees outside of Ghana? Sadly most Ghanaians prefer Nigerian music and videos for obvious reasons. Abeg make r2bees go hug transformer joor...

lol damn.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Shaw007(m): 1:27pm On Dec 02, 2012
Inferiority comPLex!!

WhO be R2bees 4 wia psquare dey?
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by ektbear: 1:29pm On Dec 02, 2012
One Kenyan girl I met recently decided that she want to learn Igbo simply because of P-square (I think beautiful onyinye is the song that she loves). That is the impact they seem to be having musically in Africa.

12 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by braine(m): 1:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
It doesn't feel right. I would have done same if I were them. Ghana need to appreciate their own first; forgetting whether they're international or not.

4 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by ChimeChimezie: 1:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
3rd t0 comment o boy i rock o

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by ebamma3: 1:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
I can't blame them sha, imagine a foreigner being paid more than you in your own country to do the same job

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by ebamma3: 1:34pm On Dec 02, 2012
Shaw007: Inferiority comPLex!!

WhO be R2bees 4 wia psquare dey?
who is this lunatic
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by decrox199(m): 1:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
Wia are they from?
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by ChimeChimezie: 1:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
but who do they think they are, they don't eve reach half the level of p'squres shoe maker, abeg make dem go look for their level, i dont even know why p'squre stoop so low to even listen to them mtchweeeeee
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by chux76(m): 1:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
F**king Losers..who b R2Bees??
Who even sabi dem outside Ghana?
Can they compare their small west africa side fame to P-Square's Intl fame?
Can they perform on stage the way the twins do their thing?
I can go on n on...
Abegi!! they should be charged with breach of contract...
E dey pain dem say P-Square go take all the shine from d event so they stylishly chickened out...
R2BEES..go sting urlselves

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Shaw007(m): 1:36pm On Dec 02, 2012
ebamma 3: who is this lunatic
if u have anything against what i posted,voice it? Otherwise ur d Lunatic

i dunno why some ppL just av 2 be unnecessariLy aggresive!!

33 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by aribisala0(m): 1:36pm On Dec 02, 2012
EEDRIS 50 CENT
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Francheezy(m): 1:37pm On Dec 02, 2012
*danc!ng az0nt0*
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by martyns303(m): 1:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
Beside being ft. In the remix of wande coal's song I've never heard about this guys, plus they kept screaming their name in that song jst to get some recognition via Wande. I attended a show where John Legend performed, in that same city Flavor Nnabania performed weeks later and it was like Flavor is the bigger artist. This R2bees guys need to understand that Nigerian artists are global now. Would they have expected to be paid same amount with John Legend if he were to attend that show with them? And Psquare are even bigger than Flavor. They should concentrate on making good records, the pay will rise without them protesting.

23 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 02, 2012
They have every right to abandon the show if the feel they are not being treated fairly,was is not here we were fighting that trace tv was not treating nigerian artists fairly as regards to playing there songs when compared to there south african counterpart,so they can protest,and we still complained on the sum the organisers of calabar carnival agreed to pay nicki minaj were some people said they should have used it in inviting nigerian artists so that our entertainment industry will grow,so the ghanians are fighting for the growth of there own entertainment industry

9 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by DINGO(m): 1:42pm On Dec 02, 2012
who the hell is r2bees. Abeg make dem go hug high tension joor...

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Zikdik(m): 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
Chime Chimezie: but who do they think they are, they don't eve reach half the level of p'squres shoe maker, abeg make dem go look for their level, i dont even know why p'squre stoop so low to even listen to them mtchweeeeee
Did the post indicate that Psquare listened to them?Are you Psquare's shoemaker? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by valencia25(m): 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
ebamma 3: I can't blame them sha, imagine a foreigner being paid more than you in your own country to do the same job
It's called Class... You know how much they paid Keri Hilson

14 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 02, 2012
nA WA O R2BEeS WAN DAE DRAG MONEY WIT PETER AND PAUL NA WA O.chAI LIF£ DON SUFFER.......SHO UNA NO YARN R2BEES SAY ORDINARY WIZKID GO PAY HIM MONEY TALKLESS O P-SQUARE THEM. LIFE DON SPOIL O R2BEES Bleep UP BIG TIME

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Egelife(m): 1:58pm On Dec 02, 2012
Hey, come on guys let's stop being sentimental, call a spade a spade, Check out the huge desparity between 200,000USD and 5000USD. For me I feel its much and the right thing was to chicken out.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by eminemkayc: 1:59pm On Dec 02, 2012
psquare sings crap musik
fkuckd up poor lyrics
gud beats thats all
all them songs talk abut d same shiit.. no variation in word play with intelligent use of the instrument of poetry..
same goes for dbanj and a lot of other crap musicians. theyv only got gud beats. shady rightly puts it on d syllabus song "its nut abut lyrics anymore - its abut a hot beat and a catchy hop"

i gv props to d lyks of abaga and idibia.. and a few others..
dem songs make some meanin to my ear drums outside d beats...

9 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by DICKtator: 2:00pm On Dec 02, 2012
When P square mounts the stage and the girls go gaga crazy, and there is an uproar, r2bees would know why there was a disparity in the fees!!!. Musical success is measured by sales and fan base not local/parochial champions!!!!
grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 02, 2012
it happens every where and it's not a big deal.
50cents, tpain etc always get huge pay when psquare were getting penny.
they need to wait for their turn.

Last i checked, PSquare did their homework. they need to do theirs.
no level is unatainable, it boils down to passion and focus.

13 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by vascey(m): 2:11pm On Dec 02, 2012
Malta guinness should sue them for breach of contract.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by sambussie(m): 2:11pm On Dec 02, 2012
Egelife: Hey, come on guys let's stop being sentimental, call a spade a spade, Check out the huge desparity between 200,000USD and 5000USD. For me I feel its much and the right thing was to chicken out.

I dunno wher u got these figures, but if its correct, then sentiments apart, its unfair.
The same happened btw Eedris & 50cent & we all backed Eedris up, even though I didn't support Eedris claim.
I think we shld put ourselves in dere shoes. *in dere country o*
But dey shldn't have chickened out,cuz Sakordie who is even bigger than dem is gonna perform anyways. 5000USD is better than nothn.
But truth b told, P square has payd their dues in †ђз industry, they are far bigger than any Ghanaian artiste. R2beez shldn't expect equal pay na.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Ezyp(m): 2:13pm On Dec 02, 2012
eminemkayc: psquare sings crap musik
fkuckd up poor lyrics
gud beats thats all
all them songs talk abut d same shiit.. no variation in word play with intelligent use of the instrument of poetry..
same goes for dbanj and a lot of other crap musicians. theyv only got gud beats. shady rightly puts it on d syllabus song "its nut abut lyrics anymore - its abut a hot beat and a catchy hop"

i gv props to d lyks of abaga and idibia.. and a few others..
dem songs make some meanin to my ear drums outside d beats...

WELL TO ME THE ONLY MUSICIAN NIGERIA GOT IS 2FACE THE REST ARE CRAP, SERIOUSLY THEY ARE CRAP
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by enigmagu1(m): 2:16pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ricky_Ross: These clowns wont stop to amaze me.

neva new ds guys ar ds funny.. dey shud com n perform inside my ass i gat betta fees for them...

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Ezyp(m): 2:17pm On Dec 02, 2012
NIGERIANS AND THEIR BACKWARD WAY OF THINKING
wen calabar carnival was to pay NICKY huge amount of money NLANDERS were complaining its too much
and the money be used to develop our crappy musicians
NOW A GHANA ARTIST DOIN SAME AND U SEE PPL HERE INSULTING THEM

4 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2012
chux76: F**king Losers..who b R2Bees??
Who even sabi dem outside Ghana?
Can they compare their small west africa side fame to P-Square's Intl fame?
Can they perform on stage the way the twins do their thing?
I can go on n on...
Abegi!! they should be charged with breach of contract...
E dey pain dem say P-Square go take all the shine from d event so they stylishly chickened out...
R2BEES..go sting urlselves
grin grin grin
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by enigmagu1(m): 2:21pm On Dec 02, 2012
braine: It doesn't feel right. I would have done same if I were them. Ghana need to appreciate their own first; forgetting whether they're international or not.

its not all about apreciatin dia...ticket wunt sell if bigger names are not present n me and u knw dat bigger names dont settle for lil fee...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Idowu Abiodun Oniru, Toolz Father, Celebrates 80th Birthday (Pictures) / Dayo Amusa Cleaning Up Lagos (Photos) / Tonto Dikeh And Halima Abubakar Unfollow Each Other Over Alleged Gossip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.