Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? (28546 Views)

Don Jazzy Backs Out From Bet With Davido(screenshot) / Hot New Pics Of Peter From P-square / Pictures From P Square’s 100 Million Naira Mansion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by strangest(m): 2:23pm On Dec 02, 2012
what has P square got to do with this, the concert is being organized by "Malta Guinness sponsored Top of the World Concert at the Independence Square in Accra".The heading should read "Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From Malta Guinness sponsored Top of the World - Because Of Money?)..... NOT P SQUARE CONCERT... MISINFORMATION

4 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by FreeGlobe(f): 2:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ezy~p:

WELL TO ME THE ONLY MUSICIAN NIGERIA GOT IS 2FACE THE REST ARE CRAP, SERIOUSLY THEY ARE CRAP
Exactly.. I prefer Sarkodie to psquare. African music right now is tuface, sarkodie and other bunch of noisemakers.
To the topic, Anybody who pulls more crowd and sells tickets gets the chunk of the cash, in this case if its the twins the the group can go fuk themselves.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by adora4u1: 2:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
Dis is like Goldie asking for the same fee as Beyonce!

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by sleekshedy(m): 2:27pm On Dec 02, 2012
Busta Rhymes was paid 800000USD to perform at the star mega jams. No artist in Nigeria is paid such amount, so they should chill. Their time will come.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Godogwu: 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ezy~p:

WELL TO ME THE ONLY MUSICIAN NIGERIA GOT IS 2FACE THE REST ARE CRAP, SERIOUSLY THEY ARE CRAP

Well thats your opinion

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by sambussie(m): 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ezy~p:
NIGERIANS AND THEIR BACKWARD WAY OF THINKING
wen calabar carnival was to pay NICKY huge amount of money NLANDERS were complaining its too much
and the money be used to develop our crappy musicians
NOW A GHANA ARTIST DOIN SAME AND U SEE PPL HERE INSULTING THEM

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by sambussie(m): 2:34pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ezy~p:
NIGERIANS AND THEIR BACKWARD WAY OF THINKING
wen calabar carnival was to pay NICKY huge amount of money NLANDERS were complaining its too much
and the money be used to develop our crappy musicians
NOW A GHANA ARTIST DOIN SAME AND U SEE PPL HERE INSULTING THEM

Hypocrisy is our culture. We'r jst lyk dt. We say our leaders are corrupt & go dere 2 do same. Its a 9ja culture.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Chinwem(f): 2:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
Oh R2bees why ?? I think you shouldn't have done that but I still like you guys though!!!! Love Psquare and Sarkodie as well.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Vykiano(m): 2:37pm On Dec 02, 2012
I tink de shudav performed,jst 2 add 2 dia fame...collect d money,do wat u'v got 2 do n liv d spot like pimples...

Remembred wen 50cent came,p2wia already makin wave in 9ja,thou de protested wif edris,bt did dia tin n got away wif d money...

Ghana no get igbo man sense..
Bt is all gud 2 em,de pass 5000USD,bt 4 stil perform shikenah.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Chrisfab: 2:40pm On Dec 02, 2012
p square and R2bees no dey d same level joor.psquare have been in dis game for a very long time so their level no go be d same, besides it happens everywhere.do you knw how much nigeria has paid all dis american artiste dat has visited nigeria over d years, akon, r kelly,wyclef,rick ross,50 cent,nikki minaj,busta ryhmes etc
if you see d kind of money we paid those guys, don't think there's any of our artiste we would pay dat kind of money so R2bees should stop making noise joor
>--Çhrî$fâb-->
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by overdrive(m): 2:41pm On Dec 02, 2012
They should have played after all half bread is better than buns.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by sambussie(m): 2:42pm On Dec 02, 2012
adora4u1: Dis is like Goldie asking for the same fee as Beyonce!
Who knws Goldie, even in 9ja. Loooool
@least R2beez are lyk psquare in Ghana.
Even Tiwa Savage sees Beyonce as a mentor, talk less of Goldie. grin grin
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by salam001(m): 2:43pm On Dec 02, 2012
If r2bees is gonna be performing at my backyard for free,i wont bother going,bleep you all hating on p'square,who is sarkodie Self?,bull.sh1t!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by ugo2good(m): 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
You can't pay yakubu the same fee as messi...if they were in d same team...shoe get size

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
Egelife: Hey, come on guys let's stop being sentimental, call a spade a spade, Check out the huge desparity between 200,000USD and 5000USD. For me I feel its much and the right thing was to chicken out.

^^^If the disparity is that much, then i can empathise with them; though they shouldn't have left it to the last moment (unless of course they're only just finding out).
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by charlesditro: 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ill say they were very unreasonable trying to compare themselves with psquare, for an individual contract the least they could do was take it to the contract manager and request rearrangement and leave psquare out of it.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by BasseyJ(m): 2:49pm On Dec 02, 2012
Please whats r2bee?? Can i have a link to a song they sang?
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by solomon111(m): 2:50pm On Dec 02, 2012
sambussie:
Who knws Goldie, even in 9ja. Loooool
@least R2beez are lyk psquare in Ghana.
Even Tiwa Savage sees Beyonce as a mentor, talk less of Goldie. grin grin
stop commenting like a moronn.
The bigger the star,the bigger the pay.
That is how it is done all over the world,regardless of nationalistic sentiments.
Do you know how much 50cents and co were paid when they came to Nigeria?
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by ikachi1: 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2012
What did you say is the name of the group? R2...what? Mcheeew!
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by bigx(m): 2:58pm On Dec 02, 2012
Like psquare complaining that they paid Michael Jackson more to perform in Lagos.
Rubbish.
They can perform among themselves in Ghana for all I care.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by shyna501: 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2012
Y den dey vex... Make dem go price private jet nau! Dem go kno wetin dey.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by PetroDolla: 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
Lots of dumb and fuelish comments, as usual……............ angry

Only Braine, Ebamma 3, Ogbiaboy, Egelife, Ezy_P be correct people. The rest na as-sholes dem bi! Damn fvckin hypocrites!
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by kennyslim1(m): 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2012
grin
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by onatisi(m): 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2012
sambussie:

I dunno wher u got these figures, but if its correct, then sentiments apart, its unfair.
The same happened btw Eedris & 50cent & we all backed Eedris up.
I think we shld put ourselves in dere shoes. *in dere country o*
But dey shldn't have chickened out,cuz Sakordie who is even bigger than dem is gonna perform anyways. 5000USD is better than nothn.
thanks for ur intelligent contribution,fistly the amounts been quoted here is wrong and false ,sakordie wil never collect 5k dolls ,he is far far bigger than that,the info been circulated on social media about the amount is false,how did they get the info,was it from sakordie or r2bees?secondly the show was planned nd amounts agreed upon by all the parties concerned months ago ,why are they just realising that the money they agreed upon was small?does that mean that when they signed and colected the money,they were sleeping or dozing?thirdly r2bees here is not as big as sarkodie and even as far as many ppl are concerned kaki has more fans than them,but their latest effort is truly truly mking waves but not to the extent of been a crowd puller.fourthly nigeria music rules the ghana market here and psquare is the in thing even alingo which nigerians are condenming has started making huge huge impact here ,so in essence ppl are coming to watch psqure nd sarkodie nd not r2bees.the disparity in fees cannot be discussed becos it wasnt and hasnt been public.lastly due to the imposing influence of nig music stars here in the ghana market ,ghanian musicians have this resentment towards nigeria artiste,the question is why didnt sarkodie withdraw?i can say this sarkodie was paid handsomely for the show ,no serious promoter will pay those r2bees the same amount of money paid to sarkodie

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by onatisi(m): 3:06pm On Dec 02, 2012
sambussie:

I dunno wher u got these figures, but if its correct, then sentiments apart, its unfair.
The same happened btw Eedris & 50cent & we all backed Eedris up.
I think we shld put ourselves in dere shoes. *in dere country o*
But dey shldn't have chickened out,cuz Sakordie who is even bigger than dem is gonna perform anyways. 5000USD is better than nothn.
thanks for ur intelligent contribution,fistly the amounts been quoted here is wrong and false ,sakordie wil never collect 5k dolls ,he is far far bigger than that,the info been circulated on social media about the amount is false,how did they get the info,was it from sakordie or r2bees?secondly the show was planned nd amounts agreed upon by all the parties concerned months ago ,why are they just realising that the money they agreed upon was small?does that mean that when they signed and colected the money,they were sleeping or dozing?thirdly r2bees here is not as big as sarkodie and even as far as many ppl are concerned kaki has more fans than them,but their latest effort is truly truly mking waves but not to the extent of been a crowd puller.fourthly nigeria music rules the ghana market here and psquare is the in thing even alingo which nigerians are condenming has started making huge huge impact here ,so in essence ppl are coming to watch psqure nd sarkodie nd not r2bees.the disparity in fees cannot be discussed becos it wasnt and hasnt been public.lastly due to the imposing influence of nig music stars here in the ghana market ,ghanian musicians have this resentment towards nigeria artiste,the question is why didnt sarkodie withdraw?i can say this sarkodie was paid handsomely for the show ,no serious promoter will pay those r2bees the same amount of money paid to sarkodie
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by charlesditro: 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2012
or eva asking forsame fee as rihanna. Imagine!
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by victorD3: 3:15pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ricky_Ross: These clowns wont stop to amaze me.
The show is today and just today they decided not to perform again simply bc they are paying Psquare much more fee? Are they nuts? Who knows R2bees outside of Ghana? Sadly most Ghanaians prefer Nigerian music and videos for obvious reasons. Abeg make r2bees go hug transformer joor...

Let them go make Garri inside star bottle self
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by slevin1(m): 3:15pm On Dec 02, 2012
All of una wey dey support R2bees decision be mumu. D pay is not percieved from nationality. If Rkelly or Sean Paul come Ghana, dem go revolt too say na foreigner him be? Abi na cos say P-square dey share boundary with dem. Abeg make dem go stand in front of trailer joor. Lo...lo...lo..lobbish. Mtschewww.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by nitrogen(m): 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2012
eminemkayc: psquare sings crap musik
fkuckd up poor lyrics
gud beats thats all
all them songs talk abut d same shiit.. no variation in word play with intelligent use of the instrument of poetry..
same goes for dbanj and a lot of other crap musicians. theyv only got gud beats. shady rightly puts it on d syllabus song "its nut abut lyrics anymore - its abut a hot beat and a catchy hop"

i gv props to d lyks of abaga and idibia.. and a few others..
dem songs make some meanin to my ear drums outside d beats...
Bad belle!!
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by PetroDolla: 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2012
onatisi:

nigerian music gets fairly good airtime in Ghana, but to characterise it as RULING Ghana is downright pathetic!

Give me Ghana music any day and I’m cool. I play Ghana music in my car, at home-indeed everywhere. And I know the overwhelming majority of Ghanaians love our indigenous music. Anyone telling you Ghanaians don’t listen to their own music is yapping pure crap.

And I hope Ghanaian music gets a fair airtime in nigeria.

Let me tell you what I know. It was in 2010 and I was in Abuja for a few days, and liked listening to Brila FM, a sports station owned by Larry Ozamoje. There was this particular presenter, have forgotten his name.... I think he was Igbo. Yes, I think his name was Ignis Arma Ignis or something like that.He always played this high-tempo Ghanaian music during a programme called live scores. Listeners called in to predict scores and talk about an ongoing match etc. stuff like that.

Very soon, the talk shifted to questions like are you a Ghanaian? Have you ever lived in Ghana? Etc I was like what the fvck! What has this man playing Ghana music gotta do with his origin or whatever. On one particular day, the calls started coming in thick and fast demanding that he should stop playing the Ghana music on his show. The poor guy had no choice than to comply. Interestingly, when he started playing Cameroonian music, no one complained. This was my personal experience!

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by nitrogen(m): 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2012
PetroDolla:
Lots of dumb and fuelish comments, as usual……............ angry

Only Braine, Ebamma 3, Ogbiaboy, Egelife, Ezy_P be correct people. The rest na as-sholes dem bi! Damn fvckin hypocrites!
Omo ghana
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Bobosky123(m): 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ehm am not a fan of p square but WTF is R2bees prblm?Very local artist. Well its not there fault, I blame †ђξ wande coal's who allowed them feature in there music.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dead Owl At Ebuka Obi Uchendu's Door This Morning (Photo) / Court Admits More Evidence In Naira Marley’s Fraud Trial / "I Ceased To Be Lillian Esoro’s Fan After She Married Ubi Franklin "– Joel Amadi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.