Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? (28548 Views)

Don Jazzy Backs Out From Bet With Davido(screenshot) / Hot New Pics Of Peter From P-square / Pictures From P Square’s 100 Million Naira Mansion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by shyna501: 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2012
PetroDolla:
Lots of dumb and fuelish comments, as usual……............ angry

Only Braine, Ebamma 3, Ogbiaboy, Egelife, Ezy_P be correct people. The rest na as-sholes dem bi! Damn fvckin hypocrites!
Evrybody Iڪ entitle 2 their opinion nau... Y takin' it personal Frm Ɣ☺ΰя name sef, person go don kno say na petrol black market Ʊ dey sell..

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by nitrogen(m): 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2012
PetroDolla:

nigerian music gets fairly good airtime in Ghana, but to characterise it as RULING Ghana is downright pathetic!

Give me Ghana music any day and I’m cool. I play Ghana music in my car, at home-indeed everywhere. And I know the overwhelming majority of Ghanaians love our indigenous music. Anyone telling you Ghanaians don’t listen to their own music is yapping pure crap.

And I hope Ghanaian music gets a fair airtime in nigeria.

Let me tell you what I know. It was in 2010 and I was in Abuja for a few days, and liked listening to Brila FM, a sports station owned by Larry Ozamoje. There was this particular presenter, have forgotten his name.... I think he was Igbo. Yes, I think his name was Ignis Arma Ignis or something like that.He always played this high-tempo Ghanaian music during a programme called live scores. Listeners called in to predict scores and talk about an ongoing match etc. stuff like that.

Very soon, the talk shifted to questions like are you a Ghanaian? Have you ever lived in Ghana? Etc I was like what the fvck! What has this man playing Ghana music gotta do with his origin or whatever. On one particular day, the calls started coming in thick and fast demanding that he should stop playing the Ghana music on his show. The poor guy had no choice than to comply. Interestingly, when he started playing Cameroonian music, no one complained. This was my personal experience!

So, you are through with ya rantings? grin grin grin
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Intrepid1(m): 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2012
Who go tell them wetin P-Square dey collect sef?
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by RedLight1: 3:31pm On Dec 02, 2012
PetroDolla:

nigerian music gets fairly good airtime in Ghana, but to characterise it as RULING Ghana is downright pathetic!

Give me Ghana music any day and I’m cool. I play Ghana music in my car, at home-indeed everywhere. And I know the overwhelming majority of Ghanaians love our indigenous music. Anyone telling you Ghanaians don’t listen to their own music is yapping pure crap.

Let me tell you what I know. It was in 2010 and I was in Abuja for a few days, and liked listening to Brila FM, a sports station owned by Larry Ozamoje. There was this particular presenter, have forgotten his name.... I think he was Igbo. Yes, I think his name was Ignis Arma Ignis or something like that.He always played this high-tempo Ghanaian music during a programme called live scores. Listeners called in to predict scores and talk about an ongoing match etc. stuff like that.

Very soon, the talk shifted to questions like are you a Ghanaian? Have you ever lived in Ghana? Etc I was like what the fvck! What has this man playing Ghana music gotta do with his origin or whatever. On one particular day, the calls started coming in thick and fast demanding that he should stop playing the Ghana music on his show. The poor guy had no choice than to comply. Interestingly, when he started playing Cameroonian music, no one complained. This was my personal experience!

bla bla bla..... story of my life
when are u gonna write the part 2? grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by PetroDolla: 3:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
nitrogen:

I neva start sef .................. petrodolla
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by solomon111(m): 3:33pm On Dec 02, 2012
PetroDolla:

Let me put it in the right context for you.
NIGERIAN MUSIC RULES AFRICA.!

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by patostation(m): 3:34pm On Dec 02, 2012
eminemkayc: psquare sings crap musik
fkuckd up poor lyrics
gud beats thats all
all them songs talk abut d same shiit.. no variation in word play with intelligent use of the instrument of poetry..
same goes for dbanj and a lot of other crap musicians. theyv only got gud beats. shady rightly puts it on d syllabus song "its nut abut lyrics anymore - its abut a hot beat and a catchy hop"

i gv props to d lyks of abaga and idibia.. and a few others..
dem songs make some meanin to my ear drums outside d beats...

You are entitled to your hopeless opinion. Why no go and sing your own beat and catchy hop, and become famous! Na jelousy dey worry you. How many Nigerians still dey listen to foreign music today, thanks to the so-called crap? Our musicians are doing great as far as I am concerned.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by solomon111(m): 3:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
sambussie:

U must be very stupid 4 dis comment. Canu. Read @all wot am I saying.
Are u okay?
Go watch paint dry,son.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by sundaybam(m): 3:40pm On Dec 02, 2012
P square compare to r2bee. Different is clear and distint.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by fankasibe: 3:41pm On Dec 02, 2012
Shebí na to just repeat lyricz onto beat?.....itz nat as if they will sing new songs.
R2BEEz i advice u collect d money as long as it covers ur transport fee.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by sambussie(m): 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2012
solomon111: Go watch paint dry,son.
Mr oga, are u blind? I said u can't compare Beyonce 2 tiwa savage or goldie, meaning Beyonce is a bigger star & would be paid more. Just as psquare will be paid more.

If u have no'n 2 contribute pls logout.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by deniyor: 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2012
They should have resolved the issue long before now.
If they are not happy with how much they were offered compared to Psquare, they should blame their agents who negotiated their price.
As it stands, their pride is stopping them from making money when they probably have nothing else lined up for that time slot.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by vascey(m): 3:56pm On Dec 02, 2012
sambussie:

I dunno wher u got these figures, but if its correct, then sentiments apart, its unfair.
The same happened btw Eedris & 50cent & we all backed Eedris up.
I think we shld put ourselves in dere shoes. *in dere country o*
But dey shldn't have chickened out,cuz Sakordie who is even bigger than dem is gonna perform anyways. 5000USD is better than nothn.
But truth b told, P square has payd their dues in †ђз industry, they are far bigger than any Ghanaian artiste. R2beez shldn't expect equal pay na.

What are you people saying?

All fingers are not equal now. HABA!!!

Can't even waste time on this. It is a no-brainer.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by sambussie(m): 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2012
vascey:

What are you people saying?

All fingers are not equal now. HABA!!!

Can't even waste time on this. It is a no-brainer.

I'm only being objective, dts y my comment is a view of †ђз 2 sides & i drew my conclusion. R2beez can't compare demselves to Pquare.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by egbenduru: 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2012
I want to say that the decision of the group to pull out of the show is an expression of their freedom to do business with any company or individual that meets their terms and conditions.I also would like to think that they reached an agreement with Malta Guiness as regards fees as a group.If they are pulling out based on disparity in fees as regards what P square got then they are not being reasonable here.It is like the biblical rich man who hired labourers at different times of the day and agreed to pay each labourer one denarius,but when he paid even those who came at the last hour as much as he paid the earliest labourers same wages,the earliest took offence cos they expected more.The issue is clear,the guys agreeed on a fee irrespective of what other artistes asked for,got an agreement,so they should face their front abeg!
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2012
Didn't Nigerian musician Abdul-Karim do the same thing to 50cent?! Please...

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by linearity: 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
braine: It doesn't feel right. I would have done same if I were them. Ghana need to appreciate their own first; forgetting whether they're international or not.

If the figures been thrown around are correct...these guys negotiated, agreed and signed the dotted line for $5k. Psquare on the other hand negotiated, agreed and signed the dotted lines for $200k. I do not see the unfairness there....if they think they are worth more than $5k, they should up their fees and refuse to book events that will nt agree to pay their new fee.

Psquare has a policy that, they will not book any event that offer less than $100k, these guys should make the same policy and see who will call them for a show. Booking an event and opting out at the last minute is the heights of unprofessionalism.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 02, 2012
Who are they?
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Nduson20: 4:34pm On Dec 02, 2012
eminemkayc: psquare sings crap musik
fkuckd up poor lyrics
gud beats thats all
all them songs talk abut d same shiit.. no variation in word play with intelligent use of the instrument of poetry..
same goes for dbanj and a lot of other crap musicians. theyv only got gud beats. shady rightly puts it on d syllabus song "its nut abut lyrics anymore - its abut a hot beat and a catchy hop"

i gv props to d lyks of abaga and idibia.. and a few others..
dem songs make some meanin to my ear drums outside d beats...
psquare sing crap yet dey are been paid $200k for jst a show, known all over africa and beyound,have 5 multi platinum albums etc. Wat does ur 2face and M.I achive more dan dat?appreciate gud tins so gud tins cud cum 2u.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by sambussie(m): 4:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
Honestly dey are silly, cuz even in Ghana dey pay r2beez more than some other local artistes.

Even in †ђз USA presently, u can't compare Lady Gaga 2 cassie, gaga is payed more. Or Nicki Minaj to Ciara.

But woteva is †ђз case, agreement is agreement. Dey shld b flogged.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by brownlord: 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2012
PetroDolla:

You have succeeded in typing rubbish! Too bad am not on my computer would have highlighted your foolishness for u, so u mean you typing from ur comfort zone, u still have to write down the tins u r not too sure of, till u became sure as if u r reporting life, pathetic

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by timilehin007(m): 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ricky_Ross: These clowns wont stop to amaze me.
The show is today and just today they decided not to perform again simply bc they are paying Psquare much more fee? Are they nuts? Who knows R2bees outside of Ghana? Sadly most Ghanaians prefer Nigerian music and videos for obvious reasons. Abeg make r2bees go hug transformer joor...

please who the hell are they, i mean R2bees
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Abujafood: 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
nitrogen:

I tire for the guy, which can torturing speech be that?
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by onatisi(m): 4:51pm On Dec 02, 2012
timilehin007:
please who the hell are they, i mean R2bees
they are musicians here in ghana and in all fairness their latest effort is really really good nd making waves.
here is their hit track

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rbwKEjbt1Ig&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrbwKEjbt1Ig

m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GH&hl=en&client=mv-google&rl=yes&feature=related&v=HNcycOikkt4
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by mikuz(m): 4:55pm On Dec 02, 2012
braine: It doesn't feel right. I would have done same if I were them. Ghana need to appreciate their own first; forgetting whether they're international or not.

They better up their game and work harder. Psquare and R2bees no be mate.
If Sarkodie were to perform with Clever J in naija who would get a higher pay?
Levels dey!
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Frankiedu(m): 5:06pm On Dec 02, 2012
I was at d show yesterday and didn't even miss r2bees.Psquare scatter the stage with dance and beautiful music.Sarkodie also did well.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Frankiedu(m): 5:18pm On Dec 02, 2012
2 be frank with u,d people who came 4 yesterdays show came 2 see psquare.They performed 4 2hrs plus and d show closed at 2am.D audience kept asking 4 more as their life band was amazing!
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by stshakes(m): 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2012
Please is it $20K or $200K for P-square? I know why I dey ask. 200K na 32Million o.... Even US artistes don't cost that much.... Let's not mislead people. I don't know how much P-square was offered but I Know it will be no where near $200k
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by salam001(m): 5:25pm On Dec 02, 2012
PetroDolla:

Only Braine, Ebamma 3, Ogbiaboy, Egelife, Ezy_P be correct people. The rest na as-sholes dem bi! Damn fvckin hypocrites!
another ghanaian kwasia.....hmmm angry
PetroDolla:

another ghanaian kwasia.....hmmm
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2012
ebamma 3: I can't blame them sha, imagine a foreigner being paid more than you in your own country to do the same job

P-Square and 99% of Ghanaian acts no be mate na... Its like paying Omawunmi and Nicki Minaj the same rate for a show..

Even inside Ghana there, R2Bee never reach the status of A-list artists. Even Reggie Rockstone, Castro and co sef wey big pass R2bee sabi say P-square pass them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"I Ceased To Be Lillian Esoro’s Fan After She Married Ubi Franklin "– Joel Amadi / Seyi Law Celebrates Daughter, Tiwa's 2nd Birthday With Cute Photos / Election Postponement: Woli Arole Offers To Help Stranded Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.