Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,306 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? (28545 Views)

Don Jazzy Backs Out From Bet With Davido(screenshot) / Hot New Pics Of Peter From P-square / Pictures From P Square’s 100 Million Naira Mansion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by ifyalways(f): 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2012
Lmao!

The love-hate relationship btw "online" Nigerians and Ghanaians is hilarious.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by ba7man(m): 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
When girls start fainting,screaming and they have stage performances as electrifying as P-square's..... R2bees can start commanding similar amounts as P-square. Pls, how many of their songs do the people supporting them know of.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Lizzydenja: 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
Nigerians should not eedris abdulkareem pulled similar stunt when 50 cent came for the star lager beer show some years back. I don't blame the Ghana acts for doing same. Afterall it's all business.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by kizzykrazy: 6:08pm On Dec 02, 2012
Anyways d show was great without them I enjoyed d performance by samini,sarkodieand p square it was totally awesome.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Flygerian1(m): 6:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
Interesting!
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by ba7man(m): 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2012
Lizzydenja: Nigerians should not eedris abdulkareem pulled similar stunt when 50 cent came for the star lager beer show some years back. I don't blame the Ghana acts for doing same. Afterall it's all business.
I said it back then and i'll say it again that Eedris was a fool for that action. 50-Cents, if left alone could afford to pay for the treatment he was being given then comfortably while Eedris I'm sure would only be able to afford economy class on his own. 50-cents was also a far bigger star so why was he fighting for what he didn't deserve?
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by LBT: 6:15pm On Dec 02, 2012
R2bees are just being childish; how do they expect to be paid equal amount with P square! P square will have sold out concerts any where in africa but R2bees won't: if so, why do you won't to be paid the same amount with the guys who are bringing in the crowd while you are just side attraction e.g drake(canadian) asking for the same or more money because JZ(American) is being paid a lot of money in canada. It just don't make sense, R2bees just gat to be enlightened. What will they do if smaller artist in Ghana do likewise in ghana? They won't have any show to perform.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by yomalex(m): 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2012
this is what money can cause but do you really expect more?
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Yewe2011(m): 6:31pm On Dec 02, 2012
the title makes it seem like this is a P-square concert and the Ghanaians are opening acts but that's not the case. make the correction t/s
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by basher(m): 7:02pm On Dec 02, 2012
onatisi:
they are musicians here in ghana and in all fairness their latest effort is really really good nd making waves.
here is their hit track

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rbwKEjbt1Ig&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrbwKEjbt1Ig

m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GH&hl=en&client=mv-google&rl=yes&feature=related&v=HNcycOikkt4

Thanx 4 d links. What other Ghanaian bangers are maling waves in Ghana right now?
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by RickyRoss1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 02, 2012
How does Nigerian music become very popular in Ghana? http://ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=257945&comment=0#com

How does Nigerian music become very popular in Ghana while Ghanaian music remains contraband commodity in the former’s country? This is a big question that requires serious necropsy by entertainment pundits.

Give or show a Nigerian movie to the average Ghanaian in the 90’s and he or she will spurn it. At that time, Ghanaians loved Ghanaian movies to Nigerian movies. Starting the new millennium, Ghana was deluged with an influx of Nigerian movies. The table then turned; Ghanaians developed a strong predilection for Nigerian movies and ever since, have not looked back.

In the 90’s, rarely would one hear a Nigerian song being played on radio. By the year 2004, Nigerian songs or music started gaining foot in Ghana and ever since, Nigerian songs have steadily become popular in Ghana and Nigerian artistes for that matter, have also become popular as well.

A colleague art writer went to Nigerian recently to cover an entertainment event and after his return, narrated his observations on the Nigerian music industry. He said barely would one hear a Ghanaian song being played on radio.

The only Ghanaian songs he heard being played was songs produced by VIP and R2Bs. Kesse, the male vocalist of this year’s Vodafone Ghana music awards after participating in the ‘project fame’ music reality show in Nigeria, returned to also say he never heard any Ghanaian song played on any medium for the period he spent there.

Currently, Nigerian songs or music have very popular and so are their artistes in Ghana. Nigerian songs have become so popular that some Ghanaian musicians even copy their lyrics, accent, composition, songs or style of song engineering. Ghana and Nigerian are not enemies; neither is this feature attempting to brew an unhealthy competition or antagonism between them.

It wouldn’t have become an issue of discussion or to worry about if Nigerian music are popular in Ghana and Ghanaian music are also popular or doing creditably well in the latter’s country.

The facts on the grounds are that Nigerian songs are far popular in Ghana than Ghanaian music is in Nigeria. This is a big challenge to our music industry because Nigeria has a bigger market Ghana can tap into. It’s obvious the media in Ghana is the main tool that has made Nigerian songs popular in Ghana but the questions that require answers are; how do the Nigerians influence our media for their songs to become popular in Ghana? Is it that they pay ‘fat payola’ to the Ghanaian media than the Ghanaian musicians?

Do they have special agents here who do promotions for them? And why are Ghanaian songs not that popular in Nigeria? Could they (Nigerians) be sabotaging our music on their soil? Or is Nigerian music better than Ghanaian music?

MUSIGA must come in on this issue on a way to make Ghanaian music popular in Nigeria. MUSIGA can propose a treaty with the Nigerian music union to promote Ghanaian music there. The Nigerian population is big and that gives them a bigger market than Ghana.

However, I certainly don’t think any measure such as banning Nigerian songs in Ghana is or will be a panacea. We must be tactful.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by onila(f): 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2012
chux76: F**king Losers..who b R2Bees??
Who even sabi dem outside Ghana?
Can they compare their small west africa side fame to P-Square's Intl fame?
Can they perform on stage the way the twins do their thing?
I can go on n on...
Abegi!! they should be charged with breach of contract...
E dey pain dem say P-Square go take all the shine from d event so they stylishly chickened out...
R2BEES..go sting urlselves
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by basher(m): 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ricky_Ross: How does Nigerian music become very popular in Ghana? http://ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=257945&comment=0#com

How does Nigerian music become very popular in Ghana while Ghanaian music remains contraband commodity in the former’s country? This is a big question that requires serious necropsy by entertainment pundits.

Give or show a Nigerian movie to the average Ghanaian in the 90’s and he or she will spurn it. At that time, Ghanaians loved Ghanaian movies to Nigerian movies. Starting the new millennium, Ghana was deluged with an influx of Nigerian movies. The table then turned; Ghanaians developed a strong predilection for Nigerian movies and ever since, have not looked back.

In the 90’s, rarely would one hear a Nigerian song being played on radio. By the year 2004, Nigerian songs or music started gaining foot in Ghana and ever since, Nigerian songs have steadily become popular in Ghana and Nigerian artistes for that matter, have also become popular as well.

A colleague art writer went to Nigerian recently to cover an entertainment event and after his return, narrated his observations on the Nigerian music industry. He said barely would one hear a Ghanaian song being played on radio.

The only Ghanaian songs he heard being played was songs produced by VIP and R2Bs. Kesse, the male vocalist of this year’s Vodafone Ghana music awards after participating in the ‘project fame’ music reality show in Nigeria, returned to also say he never heard any Ghanaian song played on any medium for the period he spent there.

Currently, Nigerian songs or music have very popular and so are their artistes in Ghana. Nigerian songs have become so popular that some Ghanaian musicians even copy their lyrics, accent, composition, songs or style of song engineering. Ghana and Nigerian are not enemies; neither is this feature attempting to brew an unhealthy competition or antagonism between them.

It wouldn’t have become an issue of discussion or to worry about if Nigerian music are popular in Ghana and Ghanaian music are also popular or doing creditably well in the latter’s country.

The facts on the grounds are that Nigerian songs are far popular in Ghana than Ghanaian music is in Nigeria. This is a big challenge to our music industry because Nigeria has a bigger market Ghana can tap into. It’s obvious the media in Ghana is the main tool that has made Nigerian songs popular in Ghana but the questions that require answers are; how do the Nigerians influence our media for their songs to become popular in Ghana? Is it that they pay ‘fat payola’ to the Ghanaian media than the Ghanaian musicians?

Do they have special agents here who do promotions for them? And why are Ghanaian songs not that popular in Nigeria? Could they (Nigerians) be sabotaging our music on their soil? Or is Nigerian music better than Ghanaian music?

MUSIGA must come in on this issue on a way to make Ghanaian music popular in Nigeria. MUSIGA can propose a treaty with the Nigerian music union to promote Ghanaian music there. The Nigerian population is big and that gives them a bigger market than Ghana.

However, I certainly don’t think any measure such as banning Nigerian songs in Ghana is or will be a panacea. We must be tactful.

Having more Nigerians in Ghana than you have Ghanaians in Nigeria must be a big factor.

Having said that, I don't think Nigerian music dominates to the extent u have described.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Abrantie: 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
What kind of stooopid name is "P-Square" any way? It should have been "P-SQUARED". Why? dem never go school?

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by RickyRoss1(m): 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
NOW I KNOW WHY THE GHANAIAN R2BEE IS ANGRY. R2BEE AND SAKORDIE BOTH AGREED TO BE PAID 20,000 GHANIAN CEDIS (ABOUT 10K USD) BUT ON FRIDAY THEY HEARD FROM RELIABLE SOURCES THAT PSQUARE IS BEING PAID 300,000 USD FOR THE SHOW, THAT'S WHEN SAKORDIE AND R2BEES STARTED DEMANDING FOR MORE MONEY. NOW I KNOW HOW CHEAP GHANIAN MUSICIANS ARE... SAKORDIE IS THE BIGGEST MUSICIAN IN GHANA BY MILES AND HE IS BEING PAID LESS THAN 10K USD TO PERFORM IN A SHOW WTF............

ANYWAY BELOW IS LINK TO THIS STORY: http://ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=258027&comment=0#com
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by RickyRoss1(m): 7:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
basher:

Having more Nigerians in Ghana than you have Ghanaians in Nigeria must be a big factor.

Having said that, I don't think Nigerian music dominates to the extent u have described.

PLS NOTE THAT I DIDNT WRITE THAT, IT WAS CULLED FROM A GHANA WEBSITE AND I POSTED THE SOURCE LINK FOR EVERYONE TO SEE...
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Chimoski87(m): 7:27pm On Dec 02, 2012
Hey, come on guys let's stop being
sentimental, call a spade a spade,
Check out the huge desparity between
200,000USD and 5000USD. For me I
feel its much and the right thing was to
chicken out.

Do these guys hv d same intl fan base like P-Square? If Rick Ross is to perform in a show with MI, will they be paid d same amt of money? Let the organisers use dat opportunity to make money from them as a breach of contact.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by carzola(m): 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2012
do mata wat u guys say psquare no go share der moni wit u.. y waste ur m.b arguin S H I T... a prophet in neva honourd in his home town r2bees i feel ur pains dat sud make u guys work harda.. as 4 dem psquare atleast r2bees are talkin moni u guys ars talkin nonsence(alingo)
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by basher(m): 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

PLS NOTE THAT I DIDNT WRITE THAT, IT WAS CULLED FROM A GHANA WEBSITE AND I POSTED THE SOURCE LINK FOR EVERYONE TO SEE...

My bad
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2012
Lol Ghana is mad grin
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by tremor86: 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
*dancing alingo*
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by cameronese(m): 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2012
stshakes: Please is it $20K or $200K for P-square? I know why I dey ask. 200K na 32Million o.... Even US artistes don't cost that much.... Let's not mislead people. I don't know how much P-square was offered but I Know it will be no where near $200k

Because you know very little about P-Square! They are the highest paid African Artiste of all time. Their fee is between $150,000 to $200,000. If they mercy for you they will collect $100k, thats the very least they can go.

Last month they performed in Zimbabwe for just 45minutes in an event sponsored by Castle and was paid $150,000. By the way, it was not even $200,000 they where paid in Ghana -- it was a whooping $300,000. P-Square no be your mate

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2012
ekt_bear: One Kenyan girl I met recently decided that she want to learn Igbo simply because of P-square (I think beautiful onyinye is the song that she loves). That is the impact they seem to be having musically in Africa.

I love beautiful onyinye mucho. The original not the remix with that fat dude "ahumm "
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Abrantie: 7:38pm On Dec 02, 2012
REALITY101: Lol Ghana is mad grin

You got that right. We are mad as hell. FVck that crappy no talent having ugly group called p-square. Better yet, fVck Nigerian music. grin grin
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 02, 2012
Abrantie:

You got that right. We are mad as hell. FVck that crappy no talent having ugly group called p-square. Better yet, fVck Nigerian music. grin grin

It's ok y'all can get mad all y'all want. Nigerians sent y'all packing with the bag " yo what they call that bag?" Ghana must flee? Now w're using em bags to stack your money back to Nigeria cheesy that's being badass lol
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by PetroDolla: 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
R2Bees I know, but who be P-square sef? ……. Oya make I google am see sef……….hmmmmmm

…..nigerian r&b duo who many suspect killed their mother………………………..hmmmmm
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by onila(f): 7:49pm On Dec 02, 2012
REALITY101:

It's ok y'all can get mad all y'all want. Nigerians sent y'all packing with the bag " yo what they call that bag?" Ghana must flee? Now w're using em bags to stack your money back to Nigeria cheesy that's being badass lol
grin

awww see this cute ajebutter american nigga! its ghana must go smiley

americana grin
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by otumfour(m): 7:55pm On Dec 02, 2012
lack of electricity supply to the mass......generator sound and fumes everywhere u go.....omo naija, I hail oooo
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by PetroDolla: 7:58pm On Dec 02, 2012
shyna501: .
Evrybody Ȋ̝̊̅ڪ entitle 2 their opinion nau... Y takin' it personal Frm Ɣ☺ΰя name sef, person go don kno say na petrol black market Ʊ dey sell..

As fuel don dey scarce for your contri, being a petrol black market dealer for naija na big deal oooooh grin
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by PetroDolla: 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2012
otumfour: lack of electricity supply to the mass......generator sound and fumes everywhere u go.....omo naija, I hail oooo

Otumfour, I hail oooh. omo naija don pafuka be dat. generator fumes don dey kolo omo naija .... grin grin grin grin yeye people
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by otumfour(m): 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin I greet u my brother Petro
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by salam001(m): 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
otumfour: lack of electricity supply to the mass......generator sound and fumes everywhere u go.....omo naija, I hail oooo
now how does this stop your sick countrymen from paying the twins 300k,hun?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dead Owl At Ebuka Obi Uchendu's Door This Morning (Photo) / RMD Recounts Experience With Davido, Nengi On 'Jowo' Music Video Set (Photos) / Court Admits More Evidence In Naira Marley’s Fraud Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.