Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,857 members, 7,844,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? (7060 Views)

Groom Dies In Strange Auto Crash On Way To Marriage Introduction / Pregnancy..........a Good Reason For Marriage? / Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by EKARO(m): 5:21pm On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
i can't blame those who put pregnancy first before marriage.
reasons;check out the rate of waywardness and promiscuity of our ladies nowadays,some av used drugs to flush out/damage dea reproductive organs,while some are bn troubled by genarational curses.
som ar assigned two children in life but thru illicit affairs,got pregnant twice n flush them out.
some gave birth to babies n dump them cos they ar nt ready,dis babies' fate do smtimes prevent d coming of others.
only a virgin u cud consider/cope wt

Spoken like a true nutcase! So because some other women have chosen to do damage to their bodies, it is now up to the men to use pregnancy as test for marriageability? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by aieromon(m): 6:30pm On Dec 03, 2012
Its becoming a norm but I won't be party to it. If God decides not to bless my union,the adoption door is always open.

Nevertheless, I agree with all the reasons for getting pregnant before marriage. There are so many dead wombs outside. Smh
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
aieromon: Its becoming a norm but I won't be party to it. If God decides not to bless my union,the adoption door is always open.

Nevertheless, I agree with all the reasons for getting pregnant before marriage. There are so many dead wombs outside. Smh

Interesting!! According to you, there are so many "Dead wombs", and enough of a reason why man needs to take it on himself to test what God has created first, to decide if it is worth allowing God to bless, or not? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

***scratches head in disbelief****
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by obyrich(m): 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ada Nri1: This seems like a rehetorical question to me. Just because ppl do it doesn't mean it an accepted norm. Did Adam impregnate eve before marrying her?
Did Adam marry eve?
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
obyrich: Did Adam marry eve?

Yes, God married them when he handed Eve to Adam. Gen 2:23-25.
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by thorpido(m): 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2012
baby_123: Maybe someone can even quote for me where it says "white wedding" is a marriage sanctioned by God in the bible. Or where it says one must marry while not pregnant? Wasn't Mary pregnant with Jesus before marriage to Joseph? Nigerians and oversabi. If I get pregnant my priest must marry me, my husband and the bele together.nonsense! angry. He without sin should cast the first stone. All these churches forcing people to sin because they want to prove "most moral"
If u plan to get pregnant b4 d wedding u may go ahead and do a traditional wedding.To carry pregnancy to church and expect the priest to join u is not right.If u don't want to follow the Church's rule then why come to church?
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by baby124: 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2012
thorpido: If u plan to get pregnant b4 d wedding u may go ahead and do a traditional wedding.To carry pregnancy to church and expect the priest to join u is not right.If u don't want to follow the Church's rule then why come to church?

Who said it is wrong to get pregnant before the white wedding? Show me where it says a white wedding is compulsory or sanctioned by church? Where did white wedding originate? Show me in the bible where it says it is a sin to get pregnant and marry? Who wrote these moral codes? God or man? Because you say something is not right, doesnt mean you are right you know. Besides God only recognizes payment of dowry. So traditional marriage is even more legal under God's eyes.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by drnoel: 8:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
Have u not heard of love children and baby mamas. Popular Nigerian s with such arrangements are; peter (or is it paul) of psquare, ikemba ojukwu to Jake a few....
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by pekelepekele(m): 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2012
TO HELL WITH RELIGION AND IT OPINIONS . JESUS HAD NO RELIGION OR CHURCH IT WAS THE JEWS THAT NAMED HIS DISCIPLE CHRISTIANS . DO WHATEVER IS RIGHT IN YOUR EYES TO DO , WHAT WON'T HURT OTHER PEOPLE!!!!
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by maimunat: 2:31am On Dec 04, 2012
In Christianity, may be but in Islam, no.
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 2:40am On Dec 04, 2012
maimunat: In Christianity, may be but in Islam, no.

This has nothing to do with Christianity but individuals trying to blend their INSECURITIES up in some religion so they can pretend it all makes sense. You read earlier of stories of people who had already gone through with traditional marriage, gotten pregnant after that but then decided that they had to get an abortion so they can add church wedding to their wedding list.

Imagine if the same bride(well since it seems more than one wedding is needed we have to call her a bride still)had planned to have a traditional wedding, a church wedding and also an islamic wedding from the start. She would have also planned to abort any pregnancies that resulted from her church wedding night so as not to be laughed at during her islamic ceremoney.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 04, 2012
How many of you are virgins now and/or were still virgins when they got married? We are all guilty of this fornication of a thing, so, lets stop all the hypocrisies! Which ever way should be okay, though it shouldn't be made a pre-requisite if there is true love!
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by thorpido(m): 10:10am On Dec 04, 2012
baby_123:

Who said it is wrong to get pregnant before the white wedding? Show me where it says a white wedding is compulsory or sanctioned by church? Where did white wedding originate? Show me in the bible where it says it is a sin to get pregnant and marry? Who wrote these moral codes? God or man? Because you say something is not right, doesnt mean you are right you know. Besides God only recognizes payment of dowry. So traditional marriage is even more legal under God's eyes.
Pregnancy before marriage is a proof of fornication.If I may ask u,is fornication now allowed by God?Is it a man made rule as u imply?Can u show me in the Bible where it is stated that God only recognises payment of Dowry?It's not compulsory to have a white wedding but if u have to do it then u must follow the standard of the church.
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by baby124: 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2012
thorpido: Pregnancy before marriage is a proof of fornication.If I may ask u,is fornication now allowed by God?Is it a man made rule as u imply?Can u show me in the Bible where it is stated that God only recognises payment of Dowry?It's not compulsory to have a white wedding but if u have to do it then u must follow the standard of the church.
Then as proof of fornication, all the ladies that had sex before marriage shouldn't be allowed to do white wedding. If they are allowed, anything that comes with fornication should also be allowed. Who created the standard of the church? The church follows the teaching of the bible and I don't see anything about white wedding in there. Let me look up the dowry part.brb.

Gen 24:12, Exodus 22:16, 1 Samuel 18:25, Gen 29:18-20

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2012
doubleDx: How many of you are virgins now and/or were still virgins when they got married? We are all guilty of this fornication of a thing, so, lets stop all the hypocrisies! Which ever way should be okay, though it shouldn't be made a pre-requisite if there is true love!

What has virginity to do with aborting a baby? Are you sure you do not have a bar of soap stuck up there somewhere?
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Dec 04, 2012
baby_123:

If you are pleading the Bible faith, there is everything wrong with it. Claiming to live by a set of rules and then blatantly flouting those same rules is what is called HYPOCRISY.

I am shocked that anyone would ask where in the Bible it is a sin to get pregnant before one marries. I mean is it that you believe people can get pregnant by simply swallowing some pill or something? You are told over and over that fornication(sex before marriage) is SIN . . . but here you asking this, for lack of a better word, EL_DUMBORO question on where it says in the Bible that it is a sin to get pregnant and marry. Heck in the same Bible, which obviously you have not read, the sentence for pregnancy before marriage used to be death by stoning.

Gosh!! If you do not know what you are talking about, then DON'T BOTHER YAPPING! You greatly diminish the quality of the discourse when you do so.
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by baby124: 6:07pm On Dec 04, 2012
Kobojunkie:

If you are pleading the Bible faith, there is everything wrong with it. Claiming to live by a set of rules and then blatantly flouting those same rules is what is called HYPOCRISY.

I am shocked that anyone would ask where in the Bible it is a sin to get pregnant before one marries. I mean is it that you believe people can get pregnant by simply swallowing some pill or something? You are told over and over that fornication(sex before marriage) is SIN . . . but here you asking this, for lack of a better word, EL_DUMBORO question on where it says in the Bible that it is a sin to get pregnant and marry. Heck in the same Bible, which obviously you have not read, the sentence for pregnancy before marriage used to be death by stoning.

Gosh!! If you do not know what you are talking about, then DON'T BOTHER YAPPING! You greatly diminish the quality of the discourse when you do so.

Yawn, i wouldnt even bother. The most minute details and common sense elude you. undecided
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Dec 04, 2012
baby_123:

Yawn, i wouldnt even bother. The most minute details and common sense elude you. undecided

For sure I am disturbed considering the above is from someone who asked the dumbest question of the day . . .
Show me in the bible where it says it is a sin to get pregnant and marry?
You must be the genius in your house, abi?
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by baby124: 6:16pm On Dec 04, 2012
Kobojunkie:

For sure I am disturbed considering the above is from someone who asked the dumbest question of the day . . .
You must be the genius in your house, abi?

Dont you have somewhere else to write paragraphs? Rambling, unending paragraphs. I dont see where i even acknowledged your silliness on this topic. So abeg, go and find someone else to entertain you. You are so bat sh*it nuts.
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 11:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
baby_123:

Dont you have somewhere else to write paragraphs? Rambling, unending paragraphs. I dont see where i even acknowledged your silliness on this topic. So abeg, go and find someone else to entertain you. You are so bat sh*it nuts.

Wow . . .na you be the genius for your house?
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by tpia5: 1:50am On Dec 11, 2013
Some people require it, others don't.

However, I don't see anything wrong with speeding up your wedding preparation if you can't hold yourselves, although its not really a good reason per se.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Giving Away 50k To 5 Women / Pregnant And Mothers Only / He Wants More S*x But Nearly Killed Me For Getting Pregnant For Our 2nd Child. / Can Your Parents Choose Your Spouse for You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.