Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? (18620 Views)

Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? / Picture: If This Was True, Then Why Is GEJ Running For Presidency Again ? / I Think It Will Be A Long Time Till A Northerner Wins The Presidency Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2012
[size=18pt]29th April 1985 - The NY Times
General Buhari Imposes Curfew To End Religious Riots[/size]

. .BAUCHI, Nigeria, April 28— A dusk-to-dawn curfew has been imposed on the northern Nigerian town of Gombe, where more than 100 people have died in religious riots, an official statement said today.

Officials said the deaths occurred in two days of fighting between the police and members of the banned fundamentalist Maitatsine Islamic sect.

The Bauchi state government said that anyone violating the curfew ''will be regarded as a fanatic and will be shot on sight.''

The statement said the situation in Gombe was under control and most members of the sect were fleeing the town. A total of 146 suspected members of the sect had been arrested, it added.

Shooting broke out at dawn on Friday when the police tried to arrest Yusufu Adamu, the sect's leader in Gombe. Officials said nothing had been heard of him since, and it was unclear whether he was among those killed.

The initial police action cleared the sect out of its stronghold, but Nigerian television said many more lives were lost that night when the sect killed local people they had taken hostage.

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
[size=18pt]29th April 1985 - The NY Times
General Buhari Imposes Curfew To End Religious Riots[/size]

. .BAUCHI, Nigeria, April 28— A dusk-to-dawn curfew has been imposed on the northern Nigerian town of Gombe, where more than 100 people have died in religious riots, an official statement said today.

Officials said the deaths occurred in two days of fighting between the police and members of the banned fundamentalist Maitatsine Islamic sect.

The Bauchi state government said that anyone violating the curfew ''will be regarded as a fanatic and will be shot on sight.''

The statement said the situation in Gombe was under control and most members of the sect were fleeing the town. A total of 146 suspected members of the sect had been arrested, it added.

Shooting broke out at dawn on Friday when the police tried to arrest Yusufu Adamu, the sect's leader in Gombe. Officials said nothing had been heard of him since, and it was unclear whether he was among those killed.

The initial police action cleared the sect out of its stronghold, but Nigerian television said many more lives were lost that night when the sect killed local people they had taken hostage.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 05, 2012
[size=18pt]30th April 1984 - ITN News
BUHARI SCRAPS OLD NAIRA NOTES AND CIRCULATES NEW CURRENCY IN ORDER TO RENDER STOLEN / SMUGGLED CASH WORTHLESS.[/size]

Nigerians waited in long queues outside banks in Lagos on April 25 to change old notes for new. Nigeria's decision to scrap its currency and start again with a new Naira marked a sudden stepping-up of the military government's attack on corruption.

The government announced on April 24 that banks would start changing new notes for old the next day.
Brigadier Tunde Idiagbon, who ranks second in the new administration, said in a national television broadcast that the country's land borders would be closed immediately in a move to render the old Naira worthless abroad.

The changeover will extend to May 6.In that time people will be allowed to change up to 5,000 old Naira for new notes. Anything over that amount must be deposited in banks, accomplished by affidavits proving source and ownership -- another move to pinpoint corruption.
Brigadier Idiagbon said the withdrawal of the old notes had become necessary because rampant smuggling of Naira had been a key factor in the sabotage of the Nigerian economy.

He said that hundreds of thousands of Naira had been found in the homes of several former state governors after the civilian government was ousted on December 31 last year. (remember in 1984 1Naira fetched more than 1 dollar)
Since April 25, bank officials have been trying to move the new money across the counters as fast as they were receiving it, but many have complained that people were forced to queue for hours outside banks which had run out of money to distribute.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.64.html
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 05, 2012
This mor/on has started with his endless jargon that NOBODY reads again.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by mosunade(f): 11:07pm On Dec 05, 2012
GenBuhari: ^shouldn't you be concerned that all elections since return to so-called democracy in 1999 have been heavily rigged?
Shouldn't that be your main concern? Instead you want to criticise a great leader and states man who has decided to persevere to test our decocracy with the intention of rescuing the country and improving our sorry lives.

Your opinion. Dont force it down others. You call a military dictator a great leader. In your books. Abeg. Dont talk like people dont have the right to disagree with your opinion about Buhari. To you he might be an angel, to others, he might be the devil personified. Who told you your opinion about him cant be faulted?

You keep posting newspaper articles of 1984 etc etc, ol'boy, no be those kain thing go help your man win elections, they are old stories.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
madam I hope you are not referring to me undecided

Ileke-IdI:
This mor/on has started with his endless jargon that NOBODY reads again.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
[size=18pt]6th July 1984 - ITN News (Video Clip)
UK: Exiled ex-minister wanted in Nigeria for embezzlement, discovered by British Police in crate bound for Nigeria (Video Clip)[/size]

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//ITN/1984/07/06/AS060784001/?s=nigeria+&st=2&pn=95&sortBy=date

Scenes from Stansted Airport where exiled former Nigerian minister, Umaru Dikko, was yesterday (5.7.84) found drugged in a crate.
17 people have been arrested - three of whom were in crates at Stansted with Mr Dikko.

Nigerian govt deny involvement with the kidnapping, but the crate in which Mr Dikko was found was sent from the Nigerian High Commission and addressed to the Ministry of External Affairs in Lagos, where Mr Dikko is wanted for embezzlement.
A British Caledonian plane is being detained at Lagos in a diplomatic move by the Nigerian govt.

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyTMMoh7xUQ?version=3[/flash]
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
[size=18pt] 5th February 1985 - Toledo Blade, Ohio. Newspaper
Buhari rejects IMF terms for loan[/size]

The Nigerian leader, Gen. Muhammad Buhari, says his country will match Britain;s oil prices even if it means undermining the pricing structure of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, the Financial Times reported yesterday.

The London business daily reported that General Buhari, in an interview in Lagos, also reaffirmed Nigeria's rejection of the International Monetary Fund's terms for a $2.4 billion loan.
General Buhari was quoted as saying the benefits if membership in the cartel outweighed the disadvantages, but that the 13-nation organization had to be realistic and allow flexibility for member countries in financial dificulties, such as Nigeria.

If Britain's North Sea oil prices dropped, Nigeria, which gets 95% of its foreign earnings from oil, would follow suit, he was quoted as saying, adding: "We will have to do that to survive."
General Buhari rejected monetary fund demands that Nigeria devalue its currency, the naira, by 50 to 60 per cent and that the west African country reduce domestic fuel subsidies, the Financial Times said.
The military leader, who came to power in a Dec. 31, 1983, coup, reportedly said higher prices for food and other items would result from devaluation.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 06, 2012
mosun_ade:

Your opinion. Dont force it down others. You call a military dictator a great leader. In your books. Abeg. Dont talk like people dont have the right to disagree with your opinion about Buhari. To you he might be an angel, to others, he might be the devil personified. Who told you your opinion about him cant be faulted?

You keep posting newspaper articles of 1984 etc etc, ol'boy, no be those kain thing go help your man win elections, they are old stories.

He is articulating why he thinks Buhari is our best option while you are just saying Buhari isn't.

No sensible person will follow your opinion.

YES!! PDP HAS BEEN RIGGING ELECTIONS SINCE!!!
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by dinachi(m): 2:26am On Dec 06, 2012
OH! MY DEAR COUNTRY, OH MY DEAR COUNTRY! HOW IS IT THAT YOU FAILED TO RECOGNISE GOOD LEADERS? SHOULD WE CONTINUE TO ROT IN IGNORANCE WHILE OTHER COUNTRIES ARE MAKING PROGRESS? OH HOW I WISH REASON WILL RETURN ONCE MORE AND INTEAD OF MIDDLE RANKING ARMY OFFICERS DOING IT, THE POOR, THE JOBLESS, THE COMMON PEOPLE, ME AND YOU WILL IN 2015 PLAY THE BUHARI CARD BEFORE WE MISS THE OPPORTURNITY. PLEASE I REQUEST THAT EVERY INDIVIDUAL DO A RESEARCH AND SOUL SEARCHING ON BUHARIS CANDIDACY BEFORE MAKING A COMMENT. WE OWE OUSELVES AND OUR CHILDREN SO MUCH!I WILL CONTINUE TO VOTE FOR BUHARI UNTIL HE EITHER WINS OR HE IS NO MORE.IF THE CHILDREN OF ISREAL COULD NOT RECOGNISE THEIR DAY OF VISITATION, WE SHOULD RECOGNISE OUR GOOD LEADERS AND MAKE AMENDS ACCORDINLY. GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU DO SO! BUHARI FOR PRESIDENT 2015! MAY THE KEEPER OF NIGERIA THE ALMIGHTY MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 3:02am On Dec 06, 2012
dinachi: OH! MY DEAR COUNTRY, OH MY DEAR COUNTRY! HOW IS IT THAT YOU FAILED TO RECOGNISE GOOD LEADERS? SHOULD WE CONTINUE TO ROT IN IGNORANCE WHILE OTHER COUNTRIES ARE MAKING PROGRESS? OH HOW I WISH REASON WILL RETURN ONCE MORE AND INTEAD OF MIDDLE RANKING ARMY OFFICERS DOING IT, THE POOR, THE JOBLESS, THE COMMON PEOPLE, ME AND YOU WILL IN 2015 PLAY THE BUHARI CARD BEFORE WE MISS THE OPPORTURNITY. PLEASE I REQUEST THAT EVERY INDIVIDUAL DO A RESEARCH AND SOUL SEARCHING ON BUHARIS CANDIDACY BEFORE MAKING A COMMENT. WE OWE OUSELVES AND OUR CHILDREN SO MUCH!I WILL CONTINUE TO VOTE FOR BUHARI UNTIL HE EITHER WINS OR HE IS NO MORE.IF THE CHILDREN OF ISREAL COULD NOT RECOGNISE THEIR DAY OF VISITATION, WE SHOULD RECOGNISE OUR GOOD LEADERS AND MAKE AMENDS ACCORDINLY. GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU DO SO! BUHARI FOR PRESIDENT 2015! MAKE THE KEEPER OF NIGERIA THE ALMIGHTY MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Thank you sooo much!!!!

NIGERIANS RESEARCH, READ ABOUT BUHARI!! ANYTHING YOU CAN FIND ABOUT BUHARI!!!!!

READ IT! HE CAN WIN AND NIGERIA CAN WORK FOR ALL OF US IF WE LET HIM LEAD US ONE MORE TIME!!!!
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by salt1: 8:28am On Dec 06, 2012
yinchar:
Who rejected him, the guy was rigged out of the elections in broad day light, and you kept on saying he was rejected, lets send GEJ packing and no matter how hard the tenure of Buhari might be, its a sacrifice we must all went through for our unborn kids & generation to be proud of their nation called NIGERIA.

You and your friend Olumide are living in a dream world. Elections were rigged in Katsina State only to give Buhari votes he didn't merit. People were coerced to vote for him in the North. If he decides to contest in 2015, it shows his total disregard for the feelings of people. Maybe you don't know the following
1. Buhari didn't campaign in the SE and SS and expected that miraculously, the people will give him 25% of votes
2. Someone on this thread has boasted that Buhari doesn't need votes from those 2 regions to win, but he does need a percentage of votes
3. The performing governors like Fashola and co aren't dissipating energy fighting corruption. They are doing what they can to improve the lives of the citizens. So corruption is bad but vision is better
4. Late Yaradua was considered a saint. He left billions in govt coffers but his state had 75% poverty rate. Shouldn't he have spent the money improving the lives of his people instead of keeping it and keeping them poor?

I WILL NEVER NEVER VOTE FOR BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by mosunade(f): 8:48am On Dec 06, 2012
0lumide:

He is articulating why he thinks Buhari is our best option while you are just saying Buhari isn't.

No sensible person will follow your opinion.

YES!! PDP HAS BEEN RIGGING ELECTIONS SINCE!!!

See how Buhari stalwarts think.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by salt1: 9:06am On Dec 06, 2012
mosun_ade:

See how Buhari stalwarts think.

Don't mind them! They now assume Igbo names like Dinachi and Yoruba names like Olumide on NL. The hands are Esaus but the voice is Jacob's.
But who is deceiving who?
Buhari can only smell power by military coup (the way he got it the first time) but even d military won't give it to him again

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by FLYFIRE(m): 10:05am On Dec 06, 2012
courage89: 1. War Against Indiscipline (Clean Nigeria)

2. Reduced inflation from ~20% to ~4%

3. Reduced corruption

4. Facilitated the building of refineries

5. Reduced wasteful spending

@courage89, from your name, you were born in 1989...that makes you 23yrs & all you have come to know about the islamist are stories written by el-rufai & co pathetic supporting hypocrites . These hypocrites are wicked & self-serving. This same El-rufai who is today now trying to do some good paint work on his master had these to say just before the elections about Buhari:

Mallam El-Rufai wishes to remind General Buhari that he has remained perpetually unelectable because his record as military head of state, and afterwards, is a warning that many Nigerians have wisely heeded. His insensitivity to Nigeria’s diversity and his parochial focus are already well-known. In 1984, Buhari allowed 53 suitcases belonging to his ADC’s father to enter Nigeria unchecked at a time the country was exchanging old currency for new. Against all canons of legal decency, he used retroactive laws to execute three young men for drug-peddling after they were convicted by a military tribunal and not regular courts of law. Buhari was so high handed that he gave himself and his officials immunity even from truthful reporting. That obnoxious Decree 4, against which truth was no defence, was used to jail journalists and attempt to cow the media as a whole. That tyrannical legislation shows the essence of his intolerance. These are facts of recent history.
The story of counter-trade and import licensing, the cornerstone of Buhari’s stone-age economic strategy and those whose interests it served, is a tale for another day.

Mallam El-Rufai respects Generals Buhari and Babangida as an elder statesman. He believes his age, experience and guidance may contribute to the success of any future government. El-Rufai however believes that it is time for a new generation of leaders with new thinking and wholesome democratic attitude to move our nation forward. The vicious response by the Buhari camp to a simple statement that their almost-70 principal should retire is proof enough that a Buhari, the new Democrat, tolerant of views different from his own, is yet to evolve. And that is sad, for his fledgling party and its leadership. Buhari and his cohorts may wish to reflect that it will take more than attacks on personalities to become electable. Having seen his version of discipline, Nigerians are not likely to cherish an encore. But they will welcome an engagement with the issues and problems of everyday life that have hobbled the peoples of this land.

Muyiwa Adekeye
Media Adviser to Mallam Nasir El-Rufai

My question today is....WHAT IS HAPPENING

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by OsunOriginal: 10:41am On Dec 06, 2012
dinachi: OH! MY DEAR COUNTRY, OH MY DEAR COUNTRY! HOW IS IT THAT YOU FAILED TO RECOGNISE GOOD LEADERS? SHOULD WE CONTINUE TO ROT IN IGNORANCE WHILE OTHER COUNTRIES ARE MAKING PROGRESS? OH HOW I WISH REASON WILL RETURN ONCE MORE AND INTEAD OF MIDDLE RANKING ARMY OFFICERS DOING IT, THE POOR, THE JOBLESS, THE COMMON PEOPLE, ME AND YOU WILL IN 2015 PLAY THE BUHARI CARD BEFORE WE MISS THE OPPORTURNITY. PLEASE I REQUEST THAT EVERY INDIVIDUAL DO A RESEARCH AND SOUL SEARCHING ON BUHARIS CANDIDACY BEFORE MAKING A COMMENT. WE OWE OUSELVES AND OUR CHILDREN SO MUCH!I WILL CONTINUE TO VOTE FOR BUHARI UNTIL HE EITHER WINS OR HE IS NO MORE.IF THE CHILDREN OF ISREAL COULD NOT RECOGNISE THEIR DAY OF VISITATION, WE SHOULD RECOGNISE OUR GOOD LEADERS AND MAKE AMENDS ACCORDINLY. GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU DO SO! BUHARI FOR PRESIDENT 2015! MAY THE KEEPER OF NIGERIA THE ALMIGHTY MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Thanks man but Igbos will never be reasonable in life - they will be ignorants till the last day. They prefer to go into criminality for survival than to have a working systems where everybody is taken care of. Where everything works without lawlessness. A Igbo man wants to be lawless - he wants to oppress the poor in his community - he is selfish - he represents everything negative you can thing of.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 06, 2012
NOW I AM NOT YORUBA BECAUSE I SUPPORT BUHARI WITH ARTICULATED REASONS?

PONRI PONRI E!!

NOW THEY WANT TO DENY MY YORUBA HERITAGE BECAUSE I'M not BLINDED!!!

OUR KIDS WILL BE SAFE TO PLAY OUTSIDE AGAIN!!!

OUR RIVERS WILL BE CLEAN AGAIN!!!! OIL COMPANIES MUST PAY BILLIONS FOR ALL THE SPILLS!!!!

IMF MUST TAKE THE AGENTS IT IS USING TO MONITOR OUR CENTRAL BANK AGAIN!!!

OFO, IDAMU, AISUN LO MA BA EVERYBODY TOH TI GBOWO LOWO PDP ATI FOREIGN SABOTEURS OF NIGERIAN ECONOMY!!

EKUN LO MA BA GBO GBO AWON TOH BA NIGERIA JE!! EKPE AIYE RA YE NI ELEDUA MA SHEH FUN GBO GBO YIN!!!!
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by banki(m): 11:53am On Dec 06, 2012
salt 1:

You and your friend Olumide are living in a dream world. Elections were rigged in Katsina State only to give Buhari votes he didn't merit. People were coerced to vote for him in the North. If he decides to contest in 2015, it shows his total disregard for the feelings of people. Maybe you don't know the following
1. Buhari didn't campaign in the SE and SS and expected that miraculously, the people will give him 25% of votes
2. Someone on this thread has boasted that Buhari doesn't need votes from those 2 regions to win, but he does need a percentage of votes
3. The performing governors like Fashola and co aren't dissipating energy fighting corruption. They are doing what they can to improve the lives of the citizens. So
corruption is bad but vision is better
4. Late Yaradua was considered a saint. He left billions in govt coffers but his state had 75% poverty rate. Shouldn't he have spent the money improving the lives of his people instead of keeping it and keeping them poor?

I WILL NEVER NEVER VOTE FOR BUHARI

Buhari campaigned in port harcourt at the polo grounds oga i was there my self and just incase you dont know he didi not steal money like those thieves so he couldnt afford to role to every state like the people that paid over 200billion in the name of subsidy to et money for campaign.
so according to your logic people should have vision but allow stealing and corruption, it shows your a big goat......
Nigerias problem is not vision or plan our problem is execution or implementatation of the vision or the plan which the only cause is CORRUPTION.

We have the best plans for power generation,education, transportation, health, sports, aeronautics, construction, food security,maternal mortality,etc but how come all indicies point to the fact that we are not making progress....CORUPTION
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by salt1: 2:00pm On Dec 06, 2012
[quote author=banki]

Buhari campaigned in port harcourt at the polo grounds oga i was there my self and just incase you dont know.... it shows your a big goat......
/quote]

You're as myopic and intolerant as your idol. In your great omniscience, campaigning in PH equals reaching the SE and SS. He didn't have enough funds, but his pension was enough to cover the states he did cover, right? And the people whom he never asked to vote for him should've voted him all the same else baboons and monkey things, right?
Thanks for calling me a big goat. I didn't expect anything better from a follower of the Ayatollah.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by pazienza(m): 2:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
Any igboman that supports buhari needs a brain transplant surgery. Buhari is a well known igbo hater,he was part of the counter coup of 1966, also see the way he locked ekwueme in kiri kir after his second coup, while shagari his kinsman was resting in a good apartment,meanwhile, his coup i learnt was to prevent ekweme's presidency after shagari, he refused to campaign in the south east in the last election . Look out his supporters where they come from,does the two bed fellows of biafra war fame not ring a bell? Buhari deserves to be hung,like a true criminal he is,nonsense!
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
pazienza: Any igboman that supports buhari needs a brain transplant surgery. Buhari is a well known igbo hater,he was part of the conter coup of 1966, see the way he locked ekwueme in kiri while shagari his kinsman was resting in a good apartment,mean while his coup i learnt was to prevent ekweme's presidency after shagari, he refused to campaign in the south east in the last election . Look out his supporters where they come from,does the two bed fellows of biafra war fame not ring a bell? Buhari deserves to be hung,like a true criminal he is,nonsense!

And Obasanjo fought the war but Igbos still voted for him en mass!!!

You are one ignorant tool bra!!

SW is what Buhari needs in the south! SS/SE can keep their vote of hatred!!
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by pazienza(m): 2:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
0lumide:

And Obasanjo fought the war but Igbos still voted for him en mass!!!

You are one ignorant tool bra!!

SW is what Buhari needs in the south! SS/SE can keep their vote of hatred!!
Don't be silly,nobody voted for obj,igbos wanted ekwueme,the whole nigerians conspired against him and humilated him twice at pdp national primaries. As for buhari,he would be stupid if he fails to learn from history and falls into the same trap that Ojukwu and ribadu fell into. Gone are the days SW took people by suprise with their treachery,everybody knows you lots well now,that element of susprise is no longer there.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2012
pazienza: Don't be silly,nobody voted for obj,igbos wanted ekwueme,the whole nigerians conspired against him and humilated him twice at pdp national primaries. As for buhari,he would be stupid if he fails to learn from history and falls into the same trap that Ojukwu and ribadu fell into. Gone are the days SW took people by suprise with their treachery,everybody knows you lots well now,that element of susprise is no longer there.

You have failed!! Alex Ekueme that Buhari arrested with 4.5mil cash stashed in his house? hahahaha you must be mad bro!! Who woulda voted for him? If PDP humilated him, why didn't he start a new party? uhh?

SE voted enmass for OBJ in 1999 and 2003 stop lying!!

SW voted for Jonathan in 2011 that's why he won and now we think it's better for us to be "treacherous" and get a better president for the nation than be in some "southern" alliance and get a president like Jonathan.

Tell SE not to bother forging any alliance with ACN; we will not vote for ACN should they align with SE!! We are moving forward and our "treachery" will bring a better president in 2015!!!!

BUHARI 2015!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by FLYFIRE(m): 2:36pm On Dec 06, 2012
banki:

Buhari campaigned in port harcourt at the polo grounds oga i was there my self and just incase you dont know he didi not steal money like those thieves so he couldnt afford to role to every state like the people that paid over 200billion in the name of subsidy to et money for campaign.
so according to your logic people should have vision but allow stealing and corruption, it shows your a big goat......
Nigerias problem is not vision or plan our problem is execution or implementatation of the vision or the plan which the only cause is CORRUPTION.

We have the best plans for power generation,education, transportation, health, sports, aeronautics, construction, food security,maternal mortality,etc but how come all indicies point to the fact that we are not making progress....CORUPTION

@banki & his likes, lets look at `our saints`s uncoverable history:

1. Shagari’s regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari’s wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo’s era as military head of state. THE MONEY WAS TRACED TO THE MIDLAND BANK LONDON BRANCH FIXED ACCOUNT OF BUHARI whom Obasanjo had appointed as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC).
2. On the 31st December, 1983, Buhari struck under the cover of the political commotion that trailed the presidential election results. Buhari generally had no agenda for leadership but vendetta against those he called critics and rabble-rousers. BUHARI DID NOT SEE ANY MORAL WRONG IN HIS CONVERSION OF OUR OIL MONEY INTO HIS PERSONAL USE. Rather he railed at the press and what he described as the self-righteous sections of the country for making a big deal out of the issue. He locked up without trial, politicians and critics including Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue.
3. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at a Midland Bank London branch. Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.
4. “Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he (Abacha) died in 1998. When Obasanjo returned to power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found that over 2.5 billion naira had not been properly accounted for in the PTF and that there was not much on the ground to show for the colossal expenditure the agency was claiming. On the day Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure. Haruna Adamu, who was appointed by Obasanjo to investigate the PTF before finally consigning it to the dung heap, allegedly quickly pocketed one hundred million naira of PTF’s money before operating table could be set up for him, thus forcing Obasanjo to hurriedly close the place down without further investigations.
Buhari has been trying desperately since to return to power, perhaps to get a chance to shred the PTF documents?
6. Some years ago Buhari called for the total islamization of all Nigerian states.(http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Archive/Calls-for-total-Sharia-in-Nigeria-20010827)

And you are surprised that he has not uttered any words against the killings of non-hausas & Christians?

BUHARI IS OUR SAVIOUR INDEED undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 06, 2012
FLYFIRE:

@banki & his likes, lets look at `our saints`s uncoverable history:

1. Shagari’s regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari’s wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo’s era as military head of state. THE MONEY WAS TRACED TO THE MIDLAND BANK LONDON BRANCH FIXED ACCOUNT OF BUHARI whom Obasanjo had appointed as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC).
2. On the 31st December, 1983, Buhari struck under the cover of the political commotion that trailed the presidential election results. Buhari generally had no agenda for leadership but vendetta against those he called critics and rabble-rousers. BUHARI DID NOT SEE ANY MORAL WRONG IN HIS CONVERSION OF OUR OIL MONEY INTO HIS PERSONAL USE. Rather he railed at the press and what he described as the self-righteous sections of the country for making a big deal out of the issue. He locked up without trial, politicians and critics including Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue.
3. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at a Midland Bank London branch. Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.
4. “Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he (Abacha) died in 1998. When Obasanjo returned to power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found that over 2.5 billion naira had not been properly accounted for in the PTF and that there was not much on the ground to show for the colossal expenditure the agency was claiming. On the day Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure. Haruna Adamu, who was appointed by Obasanjo to investigate the PTF before finally consigning it to the dung heap, allegedly quickly pocketed one hundred million naira of PTF’s money before operating table could be set up for him, thus forcing Obasanjo to hurriedly close the place down without further investigations.
Buhari has been trying desperately since to return to power, perhaps to get a chance to shred the PTF documents?
6. Some years ago Buhari called for the total islamization of all Nigerian states.(http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Archive/Calls-for-total-Sharia-in-Nigeria-20010827)

And you are surprised that he has not uttered any words against the killings of non-hausas & Christians?

BUHARI IS OUR SAVIOUR INDEED undecided undecided undecided

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You mentioned Olusola Saraki said what? Saraki is one of the most corrupt Nigerians we have today!

Obasanjo appointed Admu Haruna to investigate PTF and Adamu pocketed 100mil naira? Is that Buhari's doing?

Guess what Obasanjo said about Buhari? "Buhari is a man of integrity" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was after probing the PTF!!!!!

You are a liar and a paid agent of PDP and the corrupt elite!!!!!!!

$2.8bill in THE 70s? ARE YOU MAAAAAAAD? Dude ask Tom West, Buahri's petroleum minister how Buhari did!!! Stop LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!

@GENBUHARI OVER TO YOU!!
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by FLYFIRE(m): 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2012
0lumide:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You mentioned Olusola Saraki said what? Saraki is one of the most corrupt Nigerians we have today!

Obasanjo appointed Admu Haruna to investigate PTF and Adamu pocketed 100mil naira? Is that Buhari's doing?

Guess what Obasanjo said about Buhari? "Buhari is a man of integrity" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was after probing the PTF!!!!!

You are a liar and a paid agent of PDP and the corrupt elite!!!!!!!

$2.8bill in THE 70s? ARE YOU MAAAAAAAD? Dude ask Tom West, Buahri's petroleum minister how Buhari did!!! Stop LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!

@GENBUHARI OVER TO YOU!!

Hahahaha...PATHETIC. You ALL have been defeated & will continue to FALL. Why dont you accuse NEWS24 of lies about buhari`s call for total Nigeria`s islamization. Time will expose all of his evil deeds...and for ruling Nigeria...HE WILL NEVER AGAIN
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
FLYFIRE:

Hahahaha...PATHETIC. You ALL have been defeated & will continue to FALL. Why dont you accuse NEWS24 of lies about buhari`s call for total Nigeria`s islamization. Time will expose all of his evil deeds...and for ruling Nigeria...HE WILL NEVER AGAIN

Dude, I heard his call for Islamization of Nigeria, and I think everyone in the North has learnt their lessons as to what canvassing for islamization can cause (civil war)!

Was Buhari's is a very honest man and that is why he speaks his mind every time even though that works against him. He is not a politician that will say one and do two!!!

That is what we need in Nigeria!!!
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by pazienza(m): 3:20pm On Dec 06, 2012
0lumide:

You have failed!! Alex Ekueme that Buhari arrested with 4.5mil cash stashed in his house? hahahaha you must be mad bro!! Who woulda voted for him? If PDP humilated him, why didn't he start a new party? uhh?

SE voted enmass for OBJ in 1999 and 2003 stop lying!!

SW voted for Jonathan in 2011 that's why he won and now we think it's better for us to be "treacherous" and get a better president for the nation than be in some "southern" alliance and get a president like Jonathan.

Tell SE not to bother forging any alliance with ACN; we will not vote for ACN should they align with SE!! We are moving forward and our "treachery" will bring a better president in 2015!!!!

BUHARI 2015!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you mind posting a concrete evidence to prove that ekwueme stashed money at his home while shagari was a saint? Lol at SW being the reason why GEJ won,it was a general knowledge that voters turn up for the presidential election was poor in SW,btw i thought ribadu was yoruba's candidate from the beginning,i guess GEJ brougth a better bargain,and SW in their true nature betrayed ribadu,hehe! Buhari should watch out for that.

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by FLYFIRE(m): 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2012
0lumide:

Dude, I heard his call for Islamization of Nigeria, and I think everyone in the North has learnt their lessons as to what canvassing for islamization can cause (civil war)!

Was Buhari's is a very honest man and that is why he speaks his mind every time even though that works against him. He is not a politician that will say one and do two!!!

That is what we need in Nigeria!!!

You people are making Nigeria ungovernable, arent you? We know why you are doing this & causing havoc on the innocent people of this country.....But we will rather leave everything to God the ultimate judge. Anyone who thinks that what is happening today is political is wrong.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2012
FLYFIRE:

You people are making Nigeria ungovernable, arent you? We know why you are doing this & causing havoc on the innocent people of this country.....But we will rather leave everything to God the ultimate judge.

that same born-to-rule mentality

Anyone who thinks that what is happening today is political is a

Be articulate my friend!!

I'm not a northerner, I'm a Nigerian foooooooll!

PDP elites said they will make Nigeria ungovernable and not the Northerners!! It's high time in your life you add sophistication to your existence, reality, thoughts and dreams!!!

Stop repeating the same mantra over and over!! Sophistication in life and you aren't showing any sign of some!
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by FLYFIRE(m): 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2012
0lumide:

Be articulate my friend!!

I'm not a northerner, I'm a Nigerian foooooooll!

PDP elites said they will make Nigeria ungovernable and not the Northerners!! It's high time in your life you add sophistication to your existence, reality, thoughts and dreams!!!

Stop repeating the same mantra over and over!! Sophistication in life and you aren't showing any sign of some!

@Olumide, we know your type. The extremist northern islam who fake with Yoruba or Ibo names, and is bombing & killing others because a christian is the president. It is good that you remembered the utterances of your sponsors. You have only succeeded in doing one thing and that is HURTING YOURSELVES beyond redemption.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2012
FLYFIRE:

@Olumide, we know your type. The extremist northern islam who fake with Yoruba or Ibo names, and is bombing & killing others because a christian is the president. It is good that you remembered the utterances of your sponsors. You have only succeeded in doing one thing and that is HURTING YOURSELVES beyond redemption.

YEA YEA YEA!!!!! Go and look at my posts during 2011 elections and see who I supported!

I was also deceived by the same "Northerner, extremists, islamization, oligarchy" mantra!!

SW will not vote for PDP come 2015 and Buhari will sweep the North again but this time, 100% same way SE gave Jonathan "99%"!!

BUHARI 2015!!!!! YOU HAVE FAILED TO TELL ME WHY BUHARI IS BAD!!!

I am Yoruba and Lagos native (Badagry)

Go ask about me foool!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu / Atiku Can Only Travel To Dubai, We Need A Pres. Who Can Go Anywhere - Oshiomhole / Buhari Allocates Houses To 22 Members Of Super Eagles 1994 Squad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.