Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,955 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me (9325 Views)

I Thought She Was A Friend,now She Wants Sex in return for a Favour. / The Disgrace Me And My Girlfriend Got Today!! / My Girlfriend Got Me Drunk And I Mistakenly Had Sex With Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by forty(m): 10:28am On Apr 23, 2006
My Gal Want To Quit Our Relationship Because She Got Born Again

My girlfriend wants to quit our long relationship just because she got born again, but I am not sure she really is. It's just a way of leaving.

Being born again shuldn't be a selfish stuff. I think people shuld benefit from what she has just gotten, and if there anyone who should, I think I should be the first.

But she really wants to go. I'm so confused.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by Ano: 8:12pm On Apr 24, 2006
well maybe you shud get bornagain. maybe she feel that she would be unequally yoke. are you bornagain?
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by alexis(m): 9:30pm On Apr 24, 2006
Ask here what you should do for you guys to stay together, based on that you can plan accordingly
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by chinani(f): 9:42pm On Apr 24, 2006
Sorry to hear your trouble. Ask her why you can not be part of her born again life. But before you ask, evaluate yourself so that you can be prepared for her response.

I don't want to be negative but I think you already know that she does not want to be w/ you Born Again or not. Cry. Cry. Cry. Then be Happy. You will LOVE again. Just my take. Peace & Best Wishes.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by zebudaya(m): 9:42pm On Apr 24, 2006
It's over. It sucks. but It's over.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by Damest09(f): 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2006
Hi, sometimes it happens, i quit my relationship with a guy after i noticed he lied about being a Christian. He does somethings that are not a Christian way of doing things and he demanded the impossible. Maybe she thought you will drag her down back to her old way. Just talk to her and set a boundaries for both of that you both can meet and try and meet up to the conditions (if you are sure you really love her)
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by folkzy(f): 10:16pm On Apr 24, 2006
I think i will have to agree with ur girl. u have to respect ur girl decision if u really love/like her.

The rules of being born agin are lots. E.g u r only allowed to have a man/girl when u knw dat u r spiritualyy, financiall n mature to marry the person.

N u knw dat if ur girl continue to date u , she might end up committing fornication.

That is just the rules, am afraid.

Respect her decision. ok?
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by mochafella(m): 11:58pm On Apr 24, 2006
erm, sounds like she just wants to leave. If she wanted to stay, she would ask that you join her and be born again too. Its not about rules or you "pulling her down", if she hasn't tried "pulling you up" how does she know you will "pull her down".

The skeptic in me says she has a fellow born again brother eyeing her already. tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by princeonx: 1:53am On Apr 25, 2006
Ol'boy since born again people don't believe in the so call boyfriend/girlfriend thing (na so them talk oh!), and this one wey you call long relationship na only God know how long e don be wey una dey date! maybe na settling down time for the girl and being born again (which is good if na for real) is a way to tell you that she wanna keep it real! if you still want you guys to be togetther, you go join the dance and as born again you ma know watin go follow am (I DO)! so bross, make up your mind! there's nothing confusing there!
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by 2nde(m): 5:20am On Apr 25, 2006
How old is your girlfriend? If she is old enough to even marry, whats the big deal being born again? Is it not boyfriend that will graduate to husband? I dont know why people just take little thing and expand it as if its more than that.
Let her know that being born-agian dont stop you and her from going out, some cautions just have to be exercised. If she refuse to listen, its simple, you too tell her you don born again and everybody will be happy.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by hotangel2(f): 5:24am On Apr 25, 2006
U should become born again, Then you'll both be compatible.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by micklplus(m): 8:02am On Apr 25, 2006
This is simply amazing ! being born doesnt mean you can date and have a boyfriend/girlfriend ! maybe she just wanna use that as excuse to stop being yourgirl. Maybe you really are not doing some certain things she wants in her boyfriend ! maybe you guyz need to sit still and really talk about this and i am very sure, you'll get some information and insight as to what to do at the end of the day.

Best of luck and cheers cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by lioness(f): 8:36am On Apr 25, 2006
get born-again too and stop whining tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by babymine(f): 10:38am On Apr 25, 2006
Get born again! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by TV01(m): 11:05am On Apr 25, 2006
Hi Lioness & babymine,

Seemingly excellent advice, but whoever got "born-again" by sheer force of will? Plus, if it's primarily to rekindle the romance, it'll never last.

Peace.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by babymine(f): 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2006
I get your point.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by lioness(f): 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2006
grin grin grin well,  who knows. it might just be real afterwards
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by oluwizard(m): 12:56pm On Apr 25, 2006
Sit her down and tell her to explain what she want you to do, so that both of you can still keep the relationship 4 real. if she still want to go let her go. Born again does not tell u not to have partner the greatest rule in it is SAY NO SEX
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by Rhodalyn(f): 12:58pm On Apr 25, 2006
your girly is jst bn fuckin selfish!!!!!!!!!! born again so wht we've heard that toooooo many fxckin times n it all dsnt amount to anytin!!!!!!!!!!!

born again ma @$$!!!!!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by Rhea(f): 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2006
Your girlfriend is born-again. Probably her attitude and disposition towards the affair has changed.
It's about time to move on. Let it slip away. You'll be fine before long.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by freddie1(m): 2:00pm On Apr 25, 2006
Get born again and if your sweety still want to leave you, fine. go get yourself a real sweet born again, and who knows, you all might end up in heaven!
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by Reba(f): 2:51pm On Apr 25, 2006
Being born again does'nt mean that she has to leave u because u not born again,she is being so selfish and perhaps she does'nt love u.Sit her down and talk to her and if thats her decision u can not force her to love u gain, let her go and believe me u will love again.

Gud luck in what ever decision u are taking.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by funloving(m): 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2006
Truth is that a true born again does not indulge in an intimate relationship with a non-born again. It is the rule of the faith.If you are a true Christian you can't have an intimate boy friend or girl friend who is not born again. There are certain things love alone can not surmount,a person's religious belief or faith is one of such things.

You don't get born again just to get a girl back.It does not work.

My advice:
1] Assess your life and get born again,not because of your girl but because it is the right thing to do.

2]Like all relationships if the passion is gone,you just have to let go.If your girl is saying she wants to leave you,born again or not born again,let her go.No need hanging on to a dying flame.It just won't be as sweet as before.

Wish you the best of luck
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by exu(m): 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2006
This reminds me of a rather funny story.

This guy I went to school with was very much a christian, as was his then girlfriend.

Man wanted to dump the girl because she had become possessive and irritating.

Girl was paranoid; had heard rumours that guy was interested in another.

Girl confronts guy.

Man dumps girl on confrontation, claiming that God told him that they shouldn't be together.

Girl gets angry, blames guy/God.

As for me? Well I laughed and laughed, and laughed again (and so on, and so forth).

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by Rhodalyn(f): 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2006
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by Ano: 10:01pm On Apr 25, 2006
funloving, I agree 100% smiley
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by dearzi(f): 12:01am On Apr 26, 2006
@Funloving: You're totally right. One can't get born-again to please a loved one.

Being born again is a personal relationship between you and God, it's not something you do in order to win a loved one back. If you do get born again, for all the right reasons, maybe things would eventually work out--you could both grow in the faith, cuz i've heard of couples that got saved and grew together in the faith, and are still together--who knows you might just be fortunate, but if not, don't worry there are A LOT of unborn again girls out there, but i'd advise you to be born again, it'll do you good.

Contrary to what people believe, being born again is not about rules, it's a way of life!
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by joe2005(m): 12:59pm On Apr 26, 2006
sometimes i find it really hard to understand some women. I always say that women are unpreditable and people think its a joke. Now you see the evident of what I say over and over again all the time. To me, one need to be extra careful when trying to fall in love.

Why should your Christainity end our relationship? I did not force you to be born again but why should our relationship end as a result. I dont want to believe that she was advised by her pastor. It is true that God want men to have a relationship with Him but should that separate our relationship with people.

My brother, take heart.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by babymine(f): 1:28pm On Apr 26, 2006
Don't worry, you'll get over it with time. wink
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by nikitareal(f): 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2006
funlovin,thank u 4 sayin wt i wanted 2 say.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by arojojoye(m): 6:24am On Apr 27, 2006
If we don't eat the oil because of the yam, we'll eat the yam because of the oil.

Something must draw a man closer to God. His heart, suffering or even his loved one. So there's no bad thing in giving your life to Jesus because of the one you cherish so much.
Yes she might dump you according to some who think otherwise, but I'm sure you would have seen the light by then .
Infact it will be a win for you 'cos the kind of young, cute babes/damsels wey dey church now are BAM ones oh wink!
Bottomline is that most parents don't want their children to be rotten, so they force them to the way of the Lord. So most of these babes are being closely monitored like the stock exchange (so that investments will not perish). They are usually 'TEAR RUBBER, UNTOUCHED' & ORORO'. shocked
So if she dumps you eventually, you won't find any problem upgrading from Pentium I to Pentium IV with DVD-RW sef grin

Seriously, give your life to christ, it's good for your health.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Born Again, Now She Wants To Leave Me by glamour(f): 11:36am On Apr 27, 2006
@arojojoye
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Most Guys Prefer Fair Ladies To Dark Ladies / 10 Categories Of Ladies Participating In Miss Nairaland Contest / "No Bra In Here" Beautiful Lady Celebrates Her Birthday In A Club In Style (phot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.