Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,593 members, 7,820,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5760890 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
Herzumpther:
Do you mean those short plantian that is never sweet even when fried?
Not those ones but this one is also very short.
Once u enter market and ask for diabetic banana,they will show u. Very short thing.
Had never seen it in lagos. It's everywhere in d east.
It's called the elderly banana.

That's d best specie of banana so far when eating unripe(cooked or cooked and pounded)
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
Chillisauce:

I thought you are a moderator here. You are here kissing the fighters instead of locking them up. You try , you hear. Just hope say you no be moderator

I'm not a mod o. Who dash me? grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
jumzzy448:
Mia kuka

ewa agoin ( don't know if I spelt it well)
I love ewa agoin eh. I use to go all the way to ijesha ( hope I got the spelling) from Ikeja just to buy it. Please give me the recipe.
Thank you.
Chillisauce:

What. I thought the thing here should be "starch".

Cocoyam with plenty starch and yam with lesser starch, which is better cheesy
Nope,cocoyam has less starch than yam. Too much fiber.reason why it's recommended for d elderly always.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
moca:

Not those ones but this one is also very short.
Once u enter market and ask for diabetic banana,they will show u. Very short thing.
Had never seen it in lagos. It's everywhere in d east.
It's called the elderly banana.

That's d best specie of banana so far when eating unripe(cooked or cooked and pounded)
OK. I will look for it when I visit the east next month.

Is it red in colour?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
moca:

Nope,cocoyam has less starch than yam. Too much fiber.reason why it's recommended for d elderly always.

Yeah, thanks. That explains a lot.
you should start your fitness centre already
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
tchidi:

I'm not a mod o. Who dash me? grin grin

Oh Ok, so it's a username like tssski or something.
I could have sworn you are a mod.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by veave(f): 8:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
Herzumpther:
Abeg tell me now jor. grin grin

Okay.

Some years ago, 200_ i was doing my IT in this very reputable firm in Abuja. Now due to the nature of what we do there, there was always food. At times breakfast and lunch or just lunch but i didnt use to eat in the kitchen with others. (department was sensitive, my boss didnt want me too squeal on some things by mistake) so i always ate in the office. There was this very very drop dead cute and eye catchy guy in another dept tho. Omo if i'm climbing stairs and see this guy coming down, like say make i faint... back to the story.
So this time we had one general get-to-gether like that and staying back in office was unavoidable cus every one was mandated to come downstairs. Na so i catwalk come down oh-happily. Because i wanted to talk to the guy by force i took the seat close to him. * na dia i finish my self oh babe.

So, i had this habit mumcy always warned me to stop. If something drops from my plate na so I go trace am ooo. Even if na one seed of groundnut. Chai!
It was buffet as usual so after decorating my food, na so I catwalk back to my seat, kak well to come nack food. Second sppon i think, and a peice of diced plantains dropped to the table... and unconsiosly, yours truly picked it to put it in her mouth. The next thing i heard was... ''let it go, let it go" i didnt even realise he was talking to me untill he held my hand. kai! Like the earth should open that day... i didnt eat again ooo... shame no gree me. na so picking food dropings end oh. I no dey comot from my office again till i finish IT oh. My crush just die sharp sharp...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
Chillisauce:

Oh Ok, so it's a username like tssski or something.
I could have sworn you are a mod.

I think you mean Tjskii abi Wetin o... I'm only a simple nairalander, looking for Roland17 's hand in marriage.. grin grin
I refuse to derail!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
veave:

Okay.

Some years ago, 200_ i was doing my IT in this very reputable firm in Abuja. Now due to the nature of what we do there, there was always food. At times breakfast and lunch or just lunch but i didnt use to eat in the kitchen with others. (department was sensitive, my boss didnt want me too squeal on some things by mistake) so i always ate in the office. There was this very very drop dead cute and eye catchy guy in another dept tho. Omo if i'm climbing stairs and see this guy coming down, like say make i faint... back to the story.
So this time we had one general get-to-gether like that and staying back in office was unavoidable cus every one was mandated to come downstairs. Na so i catwalk come down oh-happily. Because i wanted to talk to the guy by force i took the seat close to him. * na dia i finish my self oh babe.

So, i had this habit mumcy always warned me to stop. If something drops from my plate na so I go trace am ooo. Even if na one seed of groundnut. Chai!
It was buffet as usual so after decorating my food, na so I catwalk back to my seat, kak well to come nack food. Second sppon i think, and a peice of diced plantains dropped to the table... and unconsiosly, yours truly picked it to put it in her mouth. The next thing i heard was... ''let it go, let it go" i didnt even realise he was talking to me untill he held my hand. kai! Like the earth should open that day... i didnt eat again ooo... shame no gree me. na so picking food dropings end oh. I no dey comot from my office again till i finish IT oh. My crush just die sharp sharp...
Lmao.

Lol.

*Faints *

Lmao @ your crush die.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 8:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
tchidi:

I think you mean Tjskii abi Wetin o... I'm only a simple nairalander, looking for Roland17 's hand in marriage.. grin grin

grin grin

I said "grab" the dude. You dey do Ajebutter.

Better hold your man well-well before some fast babe snatches him, Tchidi.

I and Moca have already bought our gele o! cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jumzzy448: 8:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
Herzumpther:
I love ewa agoin eh. I use to go all the way to ijesha ( hope I got the spelling) from Ikeja just to buy it. Please give me the recipe.
Thank you.

fresh pepper and onion.
You blend or grind it.
Then you put your red oil on fire. You allow it to bleach, then you pour in your blended pepper. Allow it to fry very well till it's brown( like it wants to start getting burnt)
Add your salt and maggi to taste.
I do add crayfish to mine and fry it together with the pepper.
Hope I've been helpful?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 29, 2015
jumzzy448:

fresh pepper and onion.
You blend or grind it.
Then you put your red oil on fire. You allow it to bleach, then you pour in your blended pepper. Allow it to fry very well till it's brown( like it wants to start getting burnt)
Add your salt and maggi to taste.
I do add crayfish to mine and fry it together with the pepper.
Hope I've been helpful?
Yes. Thank you again.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
Herzumpther:
Awwww that's true. Efe please forgive me for forgetting, I will do very little on Saturday then show it to you.

angry angry angry

Can you imagine? I dey vex.

angry angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
EfemenaXY:

angry angry angry

Can you imagine? I dey vex.

angry angry
No vex ma. My mum just told me I will be making moimoi tomorrow so I'm going to post the pictures tomorrow.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by veave(f): 8:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
Herzumpther:
Lmao.

Lol.

*Faints *

Lmao @ your crush die.

Walahi, my reps was highly burnt...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by krispee: 8:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
Herzumpther:
Lmao. The kind koko wey your semo go produce no be here o cheesy
funny enuf...I make my semo same way as veave n it cmes out smooth bt wen I make d oda "paste method"it cmes out rough cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
veave:

Walahi, my reps was highly burnt...
Sorry
I can imagine. grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2015
krispee:
funny enuf...I make my semo same way as veave n it cmes out smooth bt wen I make d oda "paste method"it cmes out rough cheesy
Wow...veave you dey hear so? tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
Herzumpther:
No vex ma. My mum just told me I will be making moimoi tomorrow so I'm going to post the pictures tomorrow.

Ah! That's better.

That your moi-moi is to die for. Love it, babes.

Re: your Christmas blunder...tell your sis to chill abeg. Most times, German sausages, especially the larger ones are compared to something much ruder. cool cool tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by veave(f): 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
Herzumpther:
Wow...veave you dey hear so? tongue

No be that matter oh. At times me and kitchen work don't understand ourselves. Some days food turns out nice, other days so bad... if only you saw the poffpoff i made last week. you'll definitely cry for help on my behalf...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Ah! That's better.

That your moi-moi is to die for. Love it, babes.

Re: your Christmas blunder...tell your sis to chill abeg. Most times, German sausages, especially the larger ones are compared to something much ruder. cool cool tongue
Thanks ma'am.

Don't mind her, the sausage was as big as a plantain o.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
tchidi:

Oh oh.

Roland where art thou.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
veave:

No be that matter oh. At times me and kitchen work don't understand ourselves. Some days food turns out nice, other days so bad... if only you saw the poffpoff i made last week. you'll definitely cry for help on my behalf...
Sorry lol. U like me who kitchen work is like nothig to me. The only problem I have is visiting people, I love my house and can stay here without going anywhere so far I see my dad daily. Lol
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
So I went to a farm to buy goat grin

Efemenaxy pls come and kill this goat for me grin

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 9:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
Herzumpther:
Thanks ma'am.

Don't mind her, the sausage was as big as a plantain o.

grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
Chillisauce:
So I went to a farm to buy goat grin

Efemenaxy pls come and kill this goat for me grin

Shebi you don start again? grin grin grin

Heck! Where are da legz?? cheesy

Methinks t'is a job for Edwife. tongue

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Shebi you don start again? grin grin grin

Heck! Where are da legz?? cheesy

Methinks t'is a job for Edwife. tongue

You and edwife will hold the hands and legs respectively.
Cococandy will hold the ears and pull the head backward while herzumpther will slice the throat grin

Kimoni is gonna do the roasting to remove the hairs grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ona poisonous? I would have died by now.

My grandma (bless her) has a big farm and when we used to visit, we would harvest plenty from her farm,cook and eat with utazi and hot chilli peppers.

Uto uwa grin

moca:

There r many types of water yam. I prefer it to ordinary yam(less calories)
Highly recommended for diabetics.

There is another type called ona. Don't know d English name. It can make u dizzy and sluggish after eating if u didn't cook it well.
Infact heard lots of stories about that yam.
I so much lv it but then,its scarce and poisonous too.

I be yam freak then o.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
Chillisauce:

You and edwife will hold the hands and legs respectively.
Cococandy will hold the ears and pull the head backward while herzumpther will slice the throat grin
Kimoni is gonna do the roasting to remove the hairs grin

The goat looks evil abeg.

Babyosisi can handle it better. She's a strong woman. Add Tchidi Moca join. cool cool
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
EfemenaXY:

The goat looks evil abeg.

Babyosisi can handle it better. She's a strong woman. Add Tchidi Moca join. cool cool
Lmao.

Seconded. grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
*inching away slowly* embarassed embarassed

But abeg, seriously, na goat be that?? It has a surprised look on its face.. like 'Back Off Human!! Back dahell Off' angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Soninja, Ahniin and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.