Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? (18665 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / Questions For Christians: Is the Catholic Church The First Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by naijathings(m): 12:59pm On Dec 09, 2012
now this topic bores me...
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by elampiro(m): 1:24pm On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

Don't speak of things you don't know please! Did Peter ever bow down to Mary? That is the simple question you just have to answer and am done!

How does this relate to the argument? And how are you sure Peter never bowed down to Mary the mother of his Lord. Or can you pinpoint a particular verse where Peter bowed down to Jesus? Christianity is of both written and tradition, and only the catholic church can actually tell what was the tradition in the early church. The bible said if everything Jesus did was to be recorded, the world won't contain the writings. The bible said we should obey what the apostles taught both in writing and tradition.

You may aslo read below:
Philippians 4:9

New International Version (NIV)

9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by emmygod: 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2012
[/color][color=#990000] WHO ever asked if catholic is only true church and hell bound for non members are blasphemer. A doom and jugde. My brother it the only the catholic that didnt criticize her non member. We all grew in society where region is practiced and everybody asumes to be the best. I dont want to mention churches but i believe the truth must prevail. Over the years from my expriences, once you tell non catholic or protestant that u re a catholic member they will just condemed you and made themselves God before you. Every other religions of the world condems catholic church. I can now understand why the gate of hell can never prevail against the church. [color=] WHO ever asked if catholic is only true church and hell bound for non members are blasphemer. A doom and jugde. My brother it the only the catholic that didnt criticize her non member. We all grew in society where region is practiced and everybody asumes to be the best. I dont want to mention churches but i believe the truth must prevail. Over the years from my expriences, once you tell non catholic or protestant that u re a catholic member they will just condemed you and made themselves God before you. Every other religions of the world condems catholic church. I can now understand why the gate of hell can never prevail against the church. [/color] WHO ever asked if catholic is only true church and hell bound for non members are blasphemer. A doom and jugde. My brother it the only the catholic that didnt criticize her non member. We all grew in society where region is practiced and everybody asumes to be the best. I dont want to mention churches but i believe the truth must prevail. Over the years from my expriences, once you tell non catholic or protestant that u re a catholic member they will just condemed you and made themselves God before you. Every other religions of the world condems catholic church. I can now understand why the gate of hell can never prevail against the church.
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by xyoung: 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2012
To all non catholics here
Ask urself dis questn
1.. Why and when did my pastor form dis church
2,. Why do my pastor keep sayin God reveal to me I'm d next president and yet u keep losin election
3.. If my pastor dies now, does dat spells d end of our. Church?
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by ojotule4: 5:25pm On Dec 09, 2012
[quote author=seriallink]^^^Italo the Pope grin why would I misinterpret your postition? Most of you Catholics on the religion section have always condemned other Churches claiming that yours is the one true Church started by Christ Himself. Let me tell U, if U arn't church goer be careful of ur claim because I no that Catholic priests don't preach about churches but God's message to the people always. It was others who always criticize them just as they do to Christ and his followers. God words never fails. You could see or know for urself where God want us to worship him. Many churches have come and faded away and more still around and stombling already but Catholic still remain and yet you people are stil ignorant of the word of God. You don't need the last day to know the truth but by fruits they have been bearing you will always know which one is real.
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by intrepid: 6:03pm On Dec 09, 2012
seriallink:

I need your contributions on this people!
PLEASE POSTER get your facts right: Catholics DO NOT believe that other churches are hell-bound as you allerged...Thank you.
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by intrepid: 6:13pm On Dec 09, 2012
i.chuka:
@op, Which Church was in Existence b4 Catholic

If there is any, then that is the church... But if there isnt, u can now answer youur question urrself[/

To the angel of the Church in Ephesus..Rev2:1.
And to the angel of the Church in Smyrna..Rev2:8.
And to the angel of the Church in Pergamum Rev2:13.
And to the angel of the Church in Thyatira..Rev2:18.
And all the Churches shall know that i am He who searches mind and heart..Rev2:23.
And to the angel of the in Sardis..Rev3:1.
And to the angel of the Church in Philadelpha.Rev3:7.
And to the angel of the Church Laodice Rev3:14.
These churches you mentioned were all under ONE HEAD,though they had no name at the time.But as the years drew on the name Catholic was assigned.Read history,tradition of the early and contemporary church...All what you quoted WERE NEVER DIFFERENT DENOMINATIONS as you have today,saying different things and confusing the children of God.
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by emmygod: 6:49pm On Dec 09, 2012
[quote author=seriallink]Which of the Churches was Christ referring to in the passage below:

Matthew 16:17-19 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

I have observed that most Catholics believe that Jesus was actually referring to them in the passages I quoted above.

I want to know your views on this because most Catholics believe they are the one true Church and other Churches are hell bound. I'm not a Church goer and personally do not believe that going to Church is necessary or compulsory for salvation, but I'd still like to know your views on this!
My dear, catholic is only church that dosnt jugde like as if they are God. Every christians and other religions of earth is attacking her. If God dosnt own that church, it would have gone to exthinc. No wonder the gate of hell will never prevail against the church. My friend take time study churches. Only the catholic believes that sinners are in there mist. Every others christain group claims to be righteous. No wonder church has sacarament of reconcilation
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by babypipsy: 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2012
Dear Brothers & sisters,

I kindly advise that we put all these ramblings aside the unhealthy comparisons;

2 Corinthians 10:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

The most important thing here is not church but the person of "Jesus".

Romans 10:9-10 “…because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.”

God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by Lex11(m): 11:36pm On Dec 09, 2012
seriallink: Which of the Churches was Christ referring to in the passage below:

Matthew 16:17-19 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

I have observed that most Catholics believe that Jesus was actually referring to them in the passages I quoted above.

I want to know your views on this because most Catholics believe they are the one true Church and other Churches are hell bound. I'm not a Church goer and personally do not believe that going to Church is necessary or compulsory for salvation, but I'd still like to know your views on this!

Thank you.

---
The Lord JESUS CHRIST was referring to Himself when he said "upon this rock". He is The Rock. - "And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ." - 1 Cor 10:4

"And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;" - Ephesians 2:20

"Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded." - 1 Peter 2:6

1 Like

Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by Owhoede(m): 11:59pm On Dec 09, 2012
IS THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH THE ONE TRUE CHURCH?
By: Enwenede Owhoede Julius. (Anambra State University on: 08065454470 or juliusdgem@yahoo.com)
With about one billion members, the Roman Catholic Church is the largest denomination in the world. Since the Bible teaches that Jesus built only one Church we must learn if the Roman Catholic Church is the one mentioned in the Bible {Matt.16:18; Eph. 5:22-23; Col. 1:18}.

ORGANIZATION:
The organization of the Lord’s Church is described in the Bible {Phi. 1:1}. It is made up of saints (Christians). Christian men who meet God’s qualifications in {1Tim.3:1-7; Tit.1:6-9} serve as Bishops (also called Elders, Pastors, Overseer or Shepherd as in {Acts 20:28}). Deacons are servants who meet God’s qualifications {1Tim.3;-13} work under the elders. Elders are to be appointed in each Church {Acts 14:23}. The Bible always speaks of a local congregation having two or more Bishops {Acts 14:23}.These Bishops (Elders), have the rule over the Church {Heb. 13:17}.Their rule is limited to the Church where they are members {1Pt.5:1-3}.Jesus Christ is our chief or archbishop {1Pt.5:4} and NEVER an office for any mortal man. Jesus Christ is the sole head of the Church {Col. 1:18}. Judge for yourself, if you call yourself an archbishop (an office equivalent to that of Jesus Christ then Cardinals and Pope are all higher than our Savior-Jesus Christ)
The Roman Catholic Church is a body with two heads, it claims Jesus Christ is its head in Heaven and the Pope is its head on earth. The “college of Cardinals” elects the pope to office. Under the Cardinals are the archbishops, bishops, priest, monks, nuns, and finally the laity. Others are Reverend: sisters, brothers, and fathers. Clearly, the organization of the Roman Catholic Church proves that it is not the Church of the Bible.
The Bible teaches all are born sinless and pure {Matt. 18:1-5; 19:13-15}. When we sin, we separate ourselves from God {Isaiah 59:1-2}. The result of sin is spiritual death {Ezekiel 18:20; Rom. 6:23}. Salvation from sin is by God’s grace {Tit. 2:11-14}, this does not mean that all will be saved. Christ became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him {Heb.5:9}. Jesus Christ is the sacrifice for our sins {Heb.9:24-28; 1Pt.1:17-19}. We receive His free gift of salvation by hearing His word {Rom.10:17}, believing in Him {Jn. 8:24}, repenting of our sins {Acts 17:30-31}, confessing His name {Matt. 10:32-33} and being baptized in water (by immersion) for the remission of sins {Rom.6:1-4; Acts 2:38}. When we show our faith in this way, God adds us to His Church {Acts 2:47; 1Cor.12:13}.
In order to go to Heaven, we must serve God faithfully until death {Rev.2:10; 2Tim. 4:4-8}. When we sin after becoming a Christian, he can be forgiven. He must confess his sins, repent and pray for forgiveness {James 5:16; Acts 8:13-24}.
When a child is twelve years old, he must be confirmed according to Roman Catholic teaching. The Priest makes the sign of the cross on the child’s forehead. This is supposed to give him the Holy Spirit. When a Catholic member sins, he must confess to a Priest. The Priest decides what act of penance the sinner must do. When this is done, the Priest grants forgiveness. God’s law of pardon for erring Christian is ignored. Priests who are weak and sinful men like we are are given the power to forgive sins by Roman Catholic Church. The Bible teaches that only God has the power to forgive sins {Mark 2:5-12}. This is blasphemy.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DIE?
{Lk. 16:19-31} tells us that one’s soul goes to Hades when he dies. Hades has a place of comfort for the righteous (paradise/Abraham Bosom) and a place of torment for the wicked (Tartarus). There is a great gulf between the two. One cannot cross from one to the other. Souls remain in Paradise until the last day. Then our bodies will be raised from the grave and changed into spiritual bodies {Jn. 5:28-29; 1Cor.5:35-44}. Each person will then stand before the Lord to be judged {2Cor.5:10}.
However, the Roman Catholic Church does not teach this. They believe souls go to a place called Purgatory. They are punished in order to be purified. How long one has to spend in Purgatory will depend upon how bad he was on earth, how much money he gave to the Roman Catholic Church to buy indulgences and how much money his family and friends give to the Church on his behalf. The doctrine of Purgatory does not come from God. It was made an official doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church by the council of Florence in 1439.Certainly the Roman Catholic Church is NOT the Church of the Bible.

MORAL ISSUES.
The Bible teaches that it is wrong to lie {Col. 3:9; Rev. 21:8}. It also teaches it is wrong to steal {Ron. 2:21; 13:9-10; Eph. 4:28}. The Roman Catholic however teaches the doctrine of “mental reservation”. This doctrine says that one can lie on certain occasion and not be guilty of sin .The Roman Church also teaches that in some Cases one Can Steal and not be guilty of sin. This type of behavior is not taught in the word of God.

SOME OF THEIR PRACTICES.
A Catholic member believes in: Rosary, Chaplets, veneration of images e.t.c. The Bible warn against venerating any image made with hand in the form of anything in the Heavens or under the earth {Exo. 20:1-5; 34:17; Acts 17:29}.
Roman Catholic Church also teaches that before one can be made a Saint , he must have been dead for at least 50 yrs and should be the one that during his life time practiced: faith, hope and charity also Cardinal virtues of prudence, justice and fortitude. An exception then was the proclamation of Pope Pius x as a Saint in 1954, only 40 yrs after his death but today, many like the first Nigerian Catholic Saint Rev. Father Tansi who died in London in 1964 was canonized in March 1998 about 34 yrs after his death. The number of canonized Saints increased every year. Altars and Church buildings were erected over their graves and the practice of praying for the Saints was now converted into entreaty for their intercession. The members of their own religious Communities chose the first Saints. In the 12th century a court was set up in Rome to examine the claims of candidates for sainthood. In 1583 the functions of this court were taken over by the congregation of sacred Rites. Saints of the Catholic Church are classified as follows:
 Apostles and Evangelist
 Matrons and Widows
 Martyrs
 Confessors (at first, those who had courageously undergone imprisonment or pains for the faith without gaining the final crown of martyrdom, later all who not being Martyrs but were eminent for sanctity of life)
 Doctors of Saints eminent for sacred learning and
 Virgins.
What then does the Bible teach about who is really a saint? A Saint is a Christian-a living Christian NOT dead one {Psalm116:15; Rom. 16:1-2; Rom. 1:7; 1Cor. 1:2}. No special class or set of people is required. We don’t pray to or through saints as practiced in Roman Catholic Church as in “Saint Christopher pray for us, Saint this pray for us, Holy mother of God pray for us etc ”, rather we pray to God through Jesus Christ. Christ is the only way to God and not any purported saint {Jn. 14:5-6}. For further gen on who actually a saint is read the following text: {Heb. 13:24; Heb. 6:10; Philemon 1:5-7; 1Tim. 5:10; Col. 1:2; Phil. 4:21-22; Phil. 1:1; Eph. 5:3; Eph. 3:8; 2Cor13:13; 2Cor. 9:1; 2Cor. 1:1; 1Cor. 16:1-2; 1Cor. 14:33; Rom. 15:26; Acts 26:10; Acts 9:32; Acts 9:13; Matt. 27:52}. “I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; preach the world; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine; for the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers having itching ears and shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables” {11Tim.4:1-4}. Teachers unto themselves like the Pope, Cardinals, Archbishops e.t.c who do not endure sound doctrine as seen from the beginning of the lesson. “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving”. {1Tim.4:1-4}. It is clear that the Roman Catholic Church is the one referred to. Reasons are as follows:
 They lie and steal and claim not to be guilty of sin (theory of mental reservation)
 They forbid marriage -Reverend fathers, sisters.
 They command members to abstain from eating meat on Easters
Which will you accept: the doctrine of the Pope or that of Christ? Roman Catholic Church that departed from the faith or the Church of Christ? {Rom.16:16} that He promised {Matt.16:18-19} and built in {Acts 2}. Your eternal salvation depends on your answers and ability to repent.
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by bucho(m): 5:06am On Dec 10, 2012
belabela:

Simple answer NO!

The one true church of Jesus Chrit is not in bricks or grandeur or fame. Those who worship the Lord worship him in Spirit and in truth. The head of the one true church is not the Pope but Jesus Christ himself. He is the only high priest not Adeboye or any of the other Nigerian GOs claiming to be high priests. Members of the one true church are scatteed all over
the world and interestingly some of them are members of the Roman catholic church. It is not about denomination or location but faith in the Lord Jesus and a life led by the Spirit of God. To belong to a group where Christ is praised does not automatically make you a member of the one true church. When the head of the church (Jesus) returns he will gather all members of the one true church to himself ( raising those who are sleeping (dead) and glorifying all in immortality). Anybody caliming his local denomiantion is the only true church is very ignorant and he/she may not even be a member of the one true church.

Another logical,coherrent,sensible and well articulated presentation.@ OP and the likes of truthislight ,you guys should learn from belabela & striktlymi rather than throwing insults and abuses at people.
Makes me keep wondering how some people passed through the higher institution.
I weep for this country!.
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by bucho(m): 5:44am On Dec 10, 2012
@owhoede you just succeeded in quoting virtually all the Bible passages without making any logical sense as per the topic.You're quite crafty with your interpretations of the quoted passages,explaining them in ways that best suits whatever motive you had in posting this lenghty(and obviously not 'in tandem' with topic) write-up.Never had to read it all,it was very boring.
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by frodobee: 7:24am On Dec 10, 2012
seriallink: ^^^Italo the Pope grin why would I misinterpret your postition? Most of you Catholics on the religion section have always condemned other Churches claiming that yours is the one true Church started by Christ Himself.

Hey brah, I ain't no Church goer like I stated above, I just need answers from sincere Catholics on this! It seems most of you Catholic regulars in this section are disingenuous debaters!! Even you, italo, have quoted the scripture above many times as proof that your Church is the one and only true Church!

So, do you have anything to contribute on this topic or you're just trolling as usual?

SO WHATS THE POINT OF YOUR ARGUMENT?
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by truthislight: 7:53am On Dec 10, 2012
bucho:

Another logical,coherrent,sensible and well articulated presentation.@ OP and the likes of truthislight ,you guys should learn from belabela & striktlymi rather than throwing insults and abuses at people.

and how is this ^^^ a contribution to this thread?

Of what value is your comment?

You have come here to sing praise for those whose post suite your background and talked about high institution and nigeria, was that what the op was all about?

*sigh*
West of my bandwidth!

1 Like

Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by Kay17: 7:57am On Dec 10, 2012
But the Bible has a basis/foundation, it was tendered by a Church to its congregation. Christianity is more than letters in the Bible, there are revelations, there are doctrinal developments, traditions traced back to the earliest times. The Church is actually superior to the Bible.

God's words come through the Church. So to those that keep quoting the Bible without citing the Church's vieew on it, is like building a castle in the sky.
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by truthislight: 8:36am On Dec 10, 2012
Kay 17: But the Bible has a basis/foundation, it was tendered by a Church to its congregation. Christianity is more than letters in the Bible, there are revelations, there are doctrinal developments, traditions traced back to the earliest times. The Church is actually superior to the Bible.

God's words come through the Church. So to those that keep quoting the Bible without citing the Church's vieew on it, is like building a castle in the sky.

the "church" is built on Jesus christ.

The bible (NT) are instructions of Jesus christ to his church.
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 10, 2012
bucho:

Did you see me opposed any of the folks you mentioned up there in any of my post? It's obvious you didn't read my replies to those who contributed reasonably to this thread! Why crucify me then?

Let us be sincere here, some folks jumped into this thread with insults and attacks, didn't you see that? I asked a simple question and was expecting people's views only to be attacked and insulted by some folks who had nothing to contribute; what then did you expect me to do?

Na wa oh!!! I Smh my head for some people!!!
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 10, 2012
frodobee:

SO WHATS THE POINT OF YOUR ARGUMENT?

Who says it's an argument? I asked a question, simple!

FYI, some reasonable Catholics and Non-Catholics contributed good points to this thread and I have learned from it. I think you should carefully go through the thread post by post so you can understand my intention and reason for creating it! Thank you!
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by vanstanzy(m): 9:48am On Dec 10, 2012
seriallink: Which of the Churches was Christ referring to in the passage below:

Thank you.

I had to UNLIKE u, because now i see u are here to forment trouble under the guise of seeking knowledge, especially with the bolded above. Get ur facts right and please stop hounding trouble it will do u no good.
Stop pretending to be what u aint. angry angry angry angry
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 10, 2012
vanstanzy:

I had to UNLIKE u, because now i see u are here to forment trouble under the guise of seeking knowledge, especially with the bolded above. Get ur facts right and please stop hounding trouble it will do u no good.
Stop pretending to be what u aint. angry angry angry angry

This your post makes you look more like an intolerant bigot! So, you think my question is not valid or what? I shouldn't ask a question about my own religion because your likes think it will cause troubles? Some questions are not supposed to be asked because it will spark trouble in the Christian faith? Really? Even Christ was questioned when He was on earth!

What does it mean to tell a Muslim that Christianity is the only true religion? Doesn't that mean they're aready condemned from entering the Christian Heaven? Well, that how it sounds and feels when a Catholic tells me that his/her Church is the only true Church! Think about it and you will see how valid my question is!

I think you guys should ask Mr. Seun (Nairaland owner) for a new section, if you don't want some of us to ask questions about some issues that might be considered offensive to you! The muslims were given a section for the same reason (intolerance).
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by Kay17: 12:10pm On Dec 10, 2012
truthislight:

the "church" is built on Jesus christ.

The bible (NT) are instructions of Jesus christ to his church.

The NT is the Church's thought on Jesus.
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by truthislight: 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2012
Kay 17:

The NT is the Church's thought on Jesus.

^^^

error error error !!!

The NT is exclusive of the apostles of christ apostles except mark and luke that wrote the book of mark, luke and acts of the apostles that are simply the history of christ and his apostles respectively, the rest and the teaching of the NT are the works of christ apostles.

This books/epistle were written in 1ce.

All the apostles died in the 1ce.
Peace
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 10, 2012
truthislight:

^^^

error error error !!!

The NT is exclusive of the apostles of christ apostles except mark and luke that wrote the book of mark, luke and acts of the apostles that are simply the history of christ and his apostles respectively, the rest and the teaching of the NT are the works of christ apostles.

This books/epistle were written in 1ce.

All the apostles died in the 1ce.
Peace

Mark and luke are not the only books written by non-apostles.Acts was also written by luke,even the letter of james and Jude were written by blood relations of Jesus who was not really among the twelve.Even st Paul himself was not really an apostle if one was to address it strictly.Paul should be regarded as been on thre same level with luke and mark but for his enormous contributions to the growth of the early church.
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by truthislight: 10:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
chukwudi44:

Mark and luke are not the only books written by non-apostles.Acts was also written by luke,even the letter of james and Jude were written by blood relations of Jesus who was not really among the twelve.Even st Paul himself was not really an apostle if one was to address it strictly.Paul should be regarded as been on thre same level with luke and mark but for his enormous contributions to the growth of the early church.

acts of the apostles = luke also? yes. =history of the apostles.

If you want to denied that paul was not an apostle, well, i will not even argue with you on that.

But the rest are christ apostles.

Research it again.
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 11, 2012
truthislight:

If you want to denied that paul was not an apostle, well, i will not even argue with you on that.

Research it again.

This is not me denying anything !! Was paul among the twelve apostles? How much differant is paul from luke and. Mark?

Is mattew and mark not also history? What about the pentateuch and several other biblical books,don't they also contain histories?
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 11, 2012
truthislight:

Research it again.

This is not me denying anything !! Was paul among the twelve apostles? How much differant is paul from luke and. Mark?

Is mattew and John not also history? What about the pentateuch and several other biblical books,don't they also contain histories?

Also Writers of James and Jude were not also among the twelve apostles
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by truthislight: 1:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
chukwudi44:

Is mattew and John not also history? What about the pentateuch and several other biblical books,don't they also contain histories?

i dont know your source of history.

But this is not true:

chukwudi44:

you need to make more research.

If you are bent on saying that all comers were use to write the bible so that you can justify the use of the apocriphals, then you can please yourself, am not the one to tell you if you should accept them or not, infact, i cannot not dictate what one wants to belief.

I for one will ever stick to the writings of the apostles that dont contradict itself (the bible) than accept all "comers".

If you and i have the capacity to produce a book or produce a write up that does not contradict itself how much more God?

Well, unless you also wish to tell me that he(God) is irrational. No, he is not.
Peace
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by truthislight: 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2012
The OT writers were not picked randomly, the writers of the OT were either of the following.

1. Prophets.
2. Judges
3. Kings
4. levites.

God did not pick people randomly to write the OT.

God did not pick people randomly to write the NT.
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
I came late
italo:

Do most Catholics you meet (or even any Catholic at all) actually tell you they believe other "churches" are hellbound or you are just deliberately misrepresenting our position as usual?
valid question!
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
truthislight: The OT writers were not picked randomly, the writers of the OT were either of the following.

1. Prophets.
2. Judges
3. Kings
4. levites.

God did not pick people randomly to write the OT.

God did not pick people randomly to write the NT.

job doesn't fit this criteria! Thank God this isn't an exam! Lol
Re: Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2012
^^^Yes Mr. Ube, and the answer is yes! If someone tells me that his or her Church is the only true Church, that automatically condemn other christian denominations, no?

I see, you missed the party huh?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Not Every Sin Leads To Hell / CAN On Fuel Scarcity: This Looks Like An Attempt To Sabotage X-mas Celebrations / Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.