Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,643 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi (10378 Views)

What Is Federal Character? / To Rescind Federal Character & Quota System: What Are The Merits And Demerits? / To Rescind Federal Character & Quota System: What Are The Merits And Demerits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by omiobo: 10:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
mikeapollo:

I dont know how old or how matured you are, so I would not blame you.
A nation can only develop when its citizensa are empowered through education, not by planting flowers and embarking on inflated contracts. Ekiti, Osun Edo states etc are not the richest states in Nigeria, but they still strive to make higher education accessible for their citizens. Ekiti state govt has just announced a comprehensive scholarship scheme for its citizens. Osun State is trying to subsidise education for its people too.

What is your corrupt, greedy and arrogant Fashola doing in Lagos? Taking higher education awat from the reach of the ordinary Lagosians.

If you are fortunate to have parents who are paying your bills, remember those who may be very very brilliant but with unfortunate circumstances who are finding things difficult. The essence of govt is to make life easier for the majority, who incidentally are the poor. It s the poor people that queue up in the sun to vote. The rich dont stand in the sun to vote.

The 2 things that the masses enjoy directly from govt are good health care and education. Fashola has virtually messed up those sectors....it is now cash and carry for the rich only!

Awolowo, Jakande and even Tinubu made provisions for the less privileged, but not this useless and mean governor called Fashola.

read my diary you will know where i'm coming from. Fashola is doing the best he can.
Dont compare lagos with other states. In a state where there's low commercial activities,d govt is to subsidize almost everything but in lagos where there's high commercial activities.govt needs to provide capital projects,infrastructures,business environment e.t.c

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obi Appoints Bob Manuel As SSA. / Can The North Wait Till 2027 If Yar Adua Dies? Yar adua Getting Lean Save 15mil / Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.