Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Can You Accept If She Proposes To You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Accept If She Proposes To You? (786 Views)

Pic: Man Proposes To Girlfriend At Murtala Muhammed Airport Dressed As Superman / LADIES: Will You Accept If You BF Propose For Marriage During/after Coitis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Accept If She Proposes To You? by Fabulousmark(m): 9:02am On Dec 06, 2012
I am a cool dude of 25, dating a beautiful lady of 30 and we are so much in love with each other. Just recently she proposed to me while celebrating her 30 birthday. She is a career lady and got little change while am still a student...i need your candid advice on this should i accept her proposal?
Re: Can You Accept If She Proposes To You? by Patdedon(m): 9:09am On Dec 06, 2012
If u think u can spend d rest of ur life happily with her, then it is a yes. But I think you are still young
Re: Can You Accept If She Proposes To You? by djeezy(m): 9:26am On Dec 06, 2012
This reminds me of a German culture where a woman can propose to a man in Leap year usually February. It's quite unfortunate it is not an African thing for a woman to propose to a man. That's an aside anyway.@Op, well, if you love her and does not see age difference as an impediment. Age is just mind over matter, if you don't mind it doesn't matter as long as you can maintain your status as the man and head of the family. Marriage comes with a lot of responsibilities and as a student that you are I doubt your being equal to the task save you're going to be feeding on her work pay which automatically and by necessary implication bestows upon her the status of the man(ironically). She's basically conscious of her age and by the time she waits for you to arrive she must have reached menopause. Well if a lady proposes to me and I already have intention of proposing to her, I'd say YES.
Re: Can You Accept If She Proposes To You? by 9icetoo(m): 10:09am On Dec 06, 2012
Patdedon: If u think u can spend d rest of ur life happily with her, then it is a yes. But I think you are still young
Young at 25? If u haven't made plans for your life at 25, when will you? At 50? Please. OP, if u love her and you think u can cope with this "career" lady, then go ahead. However, watch out for bumps that come with the ride called marriage. Marriages are defo not the same as relationships. And the bumps are bigger and nastier when the woman is hell bent on being a career woman and places u and her family second. GBAM.
Re: Can You Accept If She Proposes To You? by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 06, 2012
If u guys both love each other, then y not.
Re: Can You Accept If She Proposes To You? by swtchicgurl: 10:35am On Dec 06, 2012
Fabulousmark: I am a cool dude of 25, dating a beautiful lady of 30 and we are so much in love with each other. Just recently she proposed to me while celebrating her 30 birthday. She is a career lady and got little change while am still a student...i need your candid advice on this should i accept her proposal?

you've not given enough information that can help us advice. age, love and current professional status aint enough for marriage. what is the content of the relationship so far?

besides, what's your status in the relationship so far? the fact that she did the proposal suggests where you belong in the relationship.

Be the man.
Re: Can You Accept If She Proposes To You? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 06, 2012
Fabulousmark: I am a cool dude of 25, dating a beautiful lady of 30 and we are so much in love with each other. Just recently she proposed to me while celebrating her 30 birthday. She is a career lady and got little change while am still a student...i need your candid advice on this should i accept her proposal?
collect her moni nd marry me
Re: Can You Accept If She Proposes To You? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
Why not! It shows that such a lady is brave,not inhibited by some cultural laws that never existed in the first place.
In other cultures,it's fine with them.
Re: Can You Accept If She Proposes To You? by Exponental(m): 7:30am On Dec 09, 2012
No........ She is older and has edges over you does not give her a right 2 propose. If u dont mind she dominates ur life, go ahead but if u want 2 be d man in d marriage, do d proposal at ur will.

(1) (Reply)

Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation / 10 Tips For A Guy To Make A Woman Fall In Love With Him!! / Lucky/unlucky Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.