Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper (40602 Views)

Mohammed Abubakar Honours 11 Corpers In Bauchi (Photos) / Mohammed Jammal Makes History As “first White Nigerian To Take Part In NYSC” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by Mavor: 9:35am On Dec 07, 2012
Apparently Seun or one of his silly-a$$ mod suffers from inferiority complex. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by Dee60: 9:36am On Dec 07, 2012
First, he is not white. Secondly, he is not the first person of Arab origin to do NYSC. Thirdly, remove this thread, it is meaningless.
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by frevangel(m): 9:37am On Dec 07, 2012
Africans/Blacks are more racist than any other people in the world!

Oh! Less i forget, I am black and a Nigerian

4 Likes

Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by naptu2: 9:44am On Dec 07, 2012
Although it's irrelevant, but some are asking, "is he white"? In Nigeria, you are either black or white (for eg, there's no such thing as hispanic). Check out the article below.
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by naptu2: 9:48am On Dec 07, 2012
[size=14pt]Egyptian Immigrant Wants to be Reclassified as Black[/size]

By Aylin Zafar

Sept. 07, 2012

Anyone who’s ever filled out a census document or taken the SATs is familiar with that odd moment when you have to bubble in your racial classification. For many, the choices are confusing, limiting, and problematic. In the end, each person bubbles in what they best feel represents their identity. But when Mostafa Hefny immigrated to the United States from Egypt in 1978, he didn’t get a say in that decision.

“The government [interviewer] said, ‘You are now white,” Hefny told CBS Detroit.

Since the 1980s, CBS reports, Henfy has been fighting to have the U.S. government reclassify him as black, which is how he’s always seen himself. “My classification as a white man takes away my black pride, my black heritage and my strong black identity,” Henfy told the Detroit News.

Hefny, 61, filed a suit in 1997 against the U.S. government to be reclassified, but his case was dismissed. Hefny has also reached out to President Obama for help, writing him a letter on June 29, the Detroit News reports, as well as the Justice Department and the United Nations.

“I have been awarded, inadvertently, the negative effects of being black such as racial profiling, stereotypes and disenfranchisement due to my Negroid features. However, the legal demand of my racial classification of ‘white’ prevents me from receiving benefits established for black people, “ he told CBS. Hefny says he’s lost out on university teaching positions because they were positions designed for a minority and he did not qualify.

Currently, Directive 15 for the federal Office of Management and Budget Standards for the Classification of Federal Data on Race and Ethnicity defines race by the following categories: Hispanic or Latino, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Black of African American, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific islander, White, Nonresident alien, Resident alien, and Race/ethnicity unknown.

“White” is defined as “a person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa” — which is why the U.S. government classifies Hefny as such.
However, the desgination for “Black or African American” applies to “a person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa.” According to CBS, Hefny says that he is descended from the Nubians, the ancient group of Egyptians from the northern part of Sudan and southern part of Egypt.

An article by Charles Whitaker in Ebony in 2002 entitled “Was Cleopatra Black?” explored this topic of racial classification in Egypt, and found that, among scholars, “discussions of Cleopatra’s race were so couched and so guarded that professors even fear engaging in the discussion publicly.”

“Cleopatra is one of those figures whose race often depends on the lens you use to view her,” Julia Perkins, associate directors of community programs for the Art Institute of Chicago told Ebony. Whitaker talked to various scholars who all found classifying Cleopatra to be “full of complexity, full of odd historical twists, and that there was no real, easy answer.” Her father’s mother may have been a concubine from Nubia, Whitaker writes, so that would make her African Egyptian.

Hefny also classifies himself as African Egyptian, and has co-founded The Association of Black Egyptian, Ethiopian, and Nubian Advocates to drum up support for his cause. He’s posted a petition online, and currently has collected 188 signatures.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/09/07/egyptian-immigrant-wants-to-be-reclassified-as-black/

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by Ayeezy20(m): 9:52am On Dec 07, 2012
Ehn those white sailors go cum dis country give our girls belle and run comot i have a bros like this jamal too,if u listen to him yoruba u will drop ur jaw.
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by Mospring(m): 10:06am On Dec 07, 2012
Akshow: white Otondoo. Lol
Nigerians and her populace should embrace good tidings, this fellow has identified with us, let him feel the heat, pass through what we are passing through; am have his own story to tell..... simple
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by stupor(m): 10:10am On Dec 07, 2012
This is a total slap to Research,knowledge and true finding.

Nigerian have seen several foreigners who studied and also served for a whole year as youth corper at different remote cities at almost every mobilisation in time past.

The poster and moderators lack research credibility and shows how vague they are by always allowing someone else's trance get on the front page,if not even hidden.

When I served way back in Delta State,I have about three plain foreigners(whites),an indie-Nigerian,an Australian American,and a chinese,all are pure whites,and only the. Chinese manage to speak Yoruba and Englisn while the others speak Pidgin language and English fluently.

This is anôther confusion thread that is created because of poor research and wrong reps who call themselves moderatòrs,I guess they must have their schools in remote Nigerian villages.

Even Unilag and OOU can boast of several foreigners whO live,schooled,graduated,served and are still working in Nigeria.
I know about three in laspotech then and a white lady,a lecturer's daughter in far Osun state poly,who studied Architecture,graduated and also served in Nigeria.

The OP and Moderators should stop allowing false articles and misrepresentation of truths and fallacy get into our innocent memory and they should please get their acts right.

For God's sake.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by Humblesam(m): 10:33am On Dec 07, 2012
See as we de debase ourselves when some Lebanise and other arabians de die 2 become Naija by all means....chai!
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by 2pence(m): 10:39am On Dec 07, 2012
cap28: nigerians will forever remain slaves of whitey - why is this a big deal, no white person celebrates anything you do but you celebrate when a white person goes to the toilet keep sucking on those white nuts hope you enjoy them - fools

A Nigerian woman, Bunmi Awoniyi, has been appointed to the Sacramento County Superior Court in California, U.S., the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports,That woman was celebrated even in US Embassy Abuja ,Get your facts roght brov

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by FrenchyL(m): 10:40am On Dec 07, 2012
I am really impressed! I guess that there is a lesson to learn from this post. If we as Nigerians, born and breed here, do not appreciate our dear country, there are other nationals who were born and breed here that do. I love this! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by Cutekid54: 10:50am On Dec 07, 2012
edreesabiodun: He's white. He's better than you.

mumu if u no know ow to respond to an idiotic comment plz shut da bleep up, its ur type of pple d@ suffer frm inferiority complex, so d only reason u fink jammal is beter dan him is bcuz HE IS WHITE?
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by buccal(m): 10:54am On Dec 07, 2012
pictures of hm

Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by buccal(m): 10:54am On Dec 07, 2012
pictures of him

Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by Sike(m): 11:00am On Dec 07, 2012
freshdude: chai..9ja youths don suffer. because one arab graduated and came to serve in Nigeria he is now important. angry angry u guyz need to emancipate urselves from mental slavery.
Gbammmm!
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by sammyfunk: 11:06am On Dec 07, 2012
i love d determination n love fm him its shows dat no place is an island
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 07, 2012
edreesabiodun: He's white. He's better than you.
Your problem is Mental slavery. I pity you.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by Serendipity: 11:26am On Dec 07, 2012
Why then should he be made to lead them? Just hope it's not because of the colour his skin.
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by treasureboy09(m): 11:29am On Dec 07, 2012
2pence: Mohammed Jammal AKA ‘White Nigerian’ is a 25 year old graduate with both a Bachelors and Masters Degree in Global Management from London Metropolitan University and Regents Business School London. He was born in the City of Jos, Plateau State where he completed his secondary school.
Jammal joined Nigerian entertainment industry whilst studying in London. His debut performance was as a guest comedian on the AY Live in London’s 02 indigo show in 2010.

He’s also performed in different shows including AY Live (London, Abuja, Lagos, Asaba), Lord of the Ribs with Basket Mouth in Abuja, Nigeria @ 50 in Trafalgar Square, London, P-Square’s Album Launch in Lagos, Harp Rhythm Unplugged, Crack Ur Ribs and many more.

Jammal recently moved into the music industry collaborating with artists JJC and Terry Tha Rapman and released popular club songs in 2011 rapping in both Hausa and Pidgin English single called “Taka Rawa” His latest effort is a single titled Dirty Wine, the single made it to the No. 1 spot on Wazobia FM and No 10. On MTV's top 10 Afro beats songs.

‘White Nigerian’ is currently in the NYSC Orientation Camp in Nasarawa State Central Nigeria. Jammal is arguably the first ever full "White" or Nigerian participate in the National Youth Service Corp scheme, a programme established to expose young Nigerians to cultures and people they would not otherwise have contemplated knowing. NYSC came into being in Nigeria in the 70's.
‘White Nigerian’ Jammal does not have dual citizenship. In his words ‘Nigeria is the only country I know. It is my homeland and with all its challenges it is a place that will make substantial progress if we all decide to commit ourselves to his betterment’

http://kayodeogundamisi..com/

He came home fine but no big deal dearie.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by Allohrandy(m): 11:30am On Dec 07, 2012
Instead of people in the forum encouraging him. most people are here criticizing him because he was classified as "white". how many of our Nigerians aboard will allow their kids to serve NYSC. I know of many Nigerian-Americans who don't even know anything about NYSC or dont have plans of serving this country but they have the Nigerian passport because their parents are Nigerians.. I think most people in this forum criticizing him are just f00lish or being jealous. does it matter if he is white or Arab. The fact is he choose to serve our fatherlands. we should commend him for that. We should stop this Nigerian mentality of always criticizing people for no good reason. To the 'white Nigerian corper' thanks for serving my country.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by jpphilips(m): 12:19pm On Dec 07, 2012
Akshow: white Otondoo. Lol

dey don knack am platoon leader already, haba!!! celeb
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by GeneralGaricks: 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2012
freshdude: chai..9ja youths don suffer. because one arab graduated and came to serve in Nigeria he is now important. angry angry u guyz need to emancipate urselves from mental slavery.

He is a celebrity. That's all i see here not his colour.

When you duo with Basket mouth, AY and have a Nigerian hit single, what are you
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by GeneralGaricks: 12:25pm On Dec 07, 2012

He is a celebrity. That's all i see here not his colour.

When you duo with Basket mouth, AY and have a Nigerian hit single, what are you
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 07, 2012
tellwsdom: Is he any better than me?? ..why this noise?? angry angry

Yes, he's better than you. We can see than from his passion and belief for this country. Most of y'all don't see anything good in Nigeria.
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by Hoodrat(m): 12:43pm On Dec 07, 2012
I reserve my comment.. I wish for a rematach in slave trade/hunting wink eurapean will still gather and scorn many africans in this 21st century. History for sure could repeat himself ahaha is not like i care of an arab guy whos trying to hustle a hustlers he is not the first and wont be the last but am just saying theres definitely some special treatment been given to him which nigeria would surfer hell to get in his country. undecided
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 07, 2012
cap28: nigerians will forever remain slaves of whitey - why is this a big deal, no white person celebrates anything you do but you celebrate when a white person goes to the toilet keep sucking on those white nuts hope you enjoy them - fools

If you do good and grt things white people will celebrate you. Not yahoo-yahoo, not militancy , not corruption, they wouldn't celebrate that. Examples of Nigerians that whites have given recognition and celebrated are Achebe,Soyinka with noble laurel, to mention but a few. even our musicians are been celebrated by MTV and the likes.
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by dlex21(m): 12:58pm On Dec 07, 2012
If black corpers are called "white fowls" and he's "arguably white"...abeg wetin dem go call am??
4get, the guy sef wan follow collect allowee...#19,800 can still do sumfin o!!!
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by Clemzy16(m): 1:02pm On Dec 07, 2012
naptu2:

Right, so he should never stand alone right? Hm! Did you also see the pic of him doing the frog hop?
Watz ur point exacly?!
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 07, 2012
ocman: Bafore you begin to praise him like a village opportunist who by a twist of faith had a tertiary education from a university in ur remote village of otueke. i know how happy u feel sharing same camp with an expired arabia fugitive in Nigeria. Please if i were u, you needed to alert the immigration to ascertain his eligibility of being in this country. imagine, he is not a naija citizen yet he is partaking in the NYSC. and he is spitting it out so boldly to ur face. go to abroad and partake in a paramilitary stuffs as an immigrant(even if na community service). you go hear nweeee! aturu please stop disgracing my skin color. where i work in portharcourt. whites respect us, they are scared of those blacks who knows their worth and value. they fear that the black man shud not discover the potentials hidden in them, so if dey see that u are the type still with the inferiority complex, they tk advantage of u. please u may come down to my office and spend like 30mins, u will see whites(i mean real whites) from US, Uk taking orders from us. so pls dnt post any rubbish here just becus modem has gone so cheap, and access to internet is almst costing notin
Your frustration is beclouding ur judgment. It's not ur fault though na Naija condition. Note he was born in Nigeria and what else does one need to be a citizen? He's not an immigrant get that into your skull and read the post again this time with open mind. It's you and all those beefing this guy that have inferior complex. It is so hard for you to acknowledge a 'white' or 'Arab' person simply because you feel it will make you look inferior. It is in your mindset. If whites or Arabs celebrate blacks it is no big deal but if it's the other way round...it is complex. Black people I hail!
Re: Mohammed Jammal: White Nigerian Corper by naptu2: 1:19pm On Dec 07, 2012
big deal 007:
Your frustration is beclouding ur judgment. It's not ur fault though na Naija condition. [b]
Your frustration is beclouding ur judgment. It's not ur fault though na Naija condition. Note he was born Nigeria and what else does one need to be a citizen? He's not an immigrant get that into your skull and the the post again this time with open mind. It's you and all those beefing this guy that have inferior complex. It is so hard for you to acknowledge a 'white' or 'Arab' person simply because you feel it will make you look inferior. It is in your mindset. If whites or Arabs celebrate blacks it is no big deal but if the other way round...it is complex. Black people I hail!

May God bless you over and over again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) / How Can One Change PPA? / Share Your Nysc Sex Tales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.