Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic (9695 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by FXKing2012(m): 6:27am On Dec 07, 2012
The apostles were called Christians for the first time on the day of the pentecost (Acts 2). This means that the first Christians were pentecostal Christians.
So quit spreading the false notion that the first Christians were catholics.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by engrtee(f): 6:38am On Dec 07, 2012
Every christian dat blive in holyspirit is pentecostal

change d topic to protestant
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by italo: 8:24am On Dec 07, 2012
FXKing2012: The apostles were called Christians for the first time on the day of the penticost (Acts 2). This means that the first Christians were penticostal Christians.

You are funny.

Firstly, they were not called "Christians" on that day.

Your post would also mean that the first Christians were Redeemers because the apostles were redeemed; and the first Christians belonged to Living Faith Church because the apostles had living faith; same goes for the Christ Apostolic Church, Deeper Life, etc

This is not a wise way to look at it.

The early Church was Catholic. Its just as simple as that. Pathetic manipulations like this cannot change the true history of Christianity.

4 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by FXKing2012(m): 10:46am On Dec 07, 2012
italo:

You are funny.

Firstly, they were not called "Christians" on that day.

Your post would also mean that the first Christians were Redeemers because the apostles were redeemed; and the first Christians belonged to Living Faith Church because the apostles had living faith; same goes for the Christ Apostolic Church, Deeper Life, etc

This is not a wise way to look at it.

The early Church was Catholic. Its just as simple as that. Pathetic manipulations like this cannot change the true history of Christianity.

Claiming the Roman catholic church was d first church wtout any shreid of proof doesnt do ur argument any good.
And there is way too much ranting in ur post.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by FXKing2012(m): 10:50am On Dec 07, 2012
engrtee: Every christian dat blive in holyspirit is pentecostal

change d topic to protestant

No u are very wrong sir. Protestants broke away from d catholic church due to differences in doctrine. Get ur history right.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by mkmyers45(m): 10:54am On Dec 07, 2012
FXKing2012:

Claiming the Roman catholic church was d first church wtout any shreid of proof doesnt do ur argument any good.
And there is way too much ranting in ur post.

FXKing2012:

No u are very wrong sir. Protestants broke away from d catholic church due to differences in doctrine. Get ur history right.

Do i smell a confused fella? Dude, just take a chill pill and stop hating on the catholic church to whom the Christian faith owes all gratitude

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Lovethywilbedon: 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2012
FXKing2012: The apostles were called Christians for the first time on the day of the penticost (Acts 2). This means that the first Christians were penticostal Christians.
Point of correction,all these religious shops, investments or establishments you call churchs are not formally called penticostals but rather PROTESTANTS and that is what they will always be. Just look at how you employed logic in PROTESTING about a historical fact that you cannot change. Even non christians and Anglicans knows that The HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH is the one and only Church founded by JESUS CHRIST. No other christian denomination can date as little as 5 centuries back. Please if you don't know the history of your estabishment go and ask your CEO.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by FXKing2012(m): 1:52pm On Dec 07, 2012
Lovethywilbedon: Point of correction,all these religious shops, investments or establishments you call churchs are not formally called penticostals but rather PROTESTANTS and that is what they will always be. Just look at how you employed logic in PROTESTING about a historical fact that you cannot change. Even non christians and Anglicans knows that The HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH is the one and only Church founded by JESUS CHRIST. No other christian denomination can date as little as 5 centuries back. Please if you don't know the history of your estabishment go and ask your CEO.

Yet another ignoramus talking abt Christianity. Jesus never formed or belonged to any denomination, pls stop wt the misinformation.

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by FXKing2012(m): 1:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by FXKing2012(m): 1:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
mkmyers45:

Do i smell a confused fella? Dude, just take a chill pill and stop hating on the catholic church to whom the Christian faith owes all gratitude

An atheist talking abt d history of Christianity (lol). I think itz better u concentrate on the history of atheism - and the definite end of atheists.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by mkmyers45(m): 2:18pm On Dec 07, 2012
FXKing2012:

Yet another ignoramus talking abt Christianity. Jesus never formed or belonged to any denomination, pls stop wt the misinformation.

but he did start up a church with Peter as bishop no? Where's the church peter started?
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Kay17: 2:18pm On Dec 07, 2012
FXKing2012:

Exactly! Jesus left only a church not pentecostals, or deeper lifes or Redeems
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 07, 2012
Lovethywilbedon: Point of correction,all these religious shops, investments or establishments you call churchs are not formally called penticostals but rather PROTESTANTS and that is what they will always be. Just look at how you employed logic in PROTESTING about a historical fact that you cannot change. Even non christians and Anglicans knows that The HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH is the one and only Church founded by JESUS CHRIST. No other christian denomination can date as little as 5 centuries back. Please if you don't know the history of your estabishment go and ask your CEO.

I actually have something to tell u: welcome to nairaland!
My name is bishop evangelist inurmind.cheesy
I could assist u in understanding the teachings of the lord.winkcheesy

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by engrtee(f): 3:23pm On Dec 07, 2012
FXKing2012:

there are difrences b/w pentecostal and protestant.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by plappville(f): 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2012

So didnt Peter mentiond the name of His church in the Bible?
Please back ur cliam with scripture or you keep that to urself.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by plappville(f): 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
Kay 17:

Exactly! Jesus left only a church not pentecostals, or deeper lifes or Redeems

And when was that church formed? Scripture told us the day that Christ Church was form. The name was not called Catholic or redeem or baptist etc.....
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by plappville(f): 3:38pm On Dec 07, 2012
mkmyers45:

but he did start up a church with Peter as bishop no? Where's the church peter started?

Back ur claim with Scripture....did the scripture ever told that Peter ever steped to Rome?
Prove it, then we can talk.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by ijawkid(m): 4:00pm On Dec 07, 2012
I have a feeling and it seems its true that most of the atheists we have around were ex-catholics....

Just my observation......if I'm wrong abeg make ona correct me.......

Because the way they fly out to defend the catholic church stupefies me.......

Smh!!!!!......

4 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by mkmyers45(m): 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2012
ijawkid: I have a feeling and it seems its true that most of the atheists we have around were ex-catholics....

Just my observation......if I'm wrong abeg make ona correct me.......

Because the way they fly out to defend the catholic church stupefies me.......

Smh!!!!!......

LOL

Im not an ex-catholic

and
am
no
atheist
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by mkmyers45(m): 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2012
plappville:

Back ur claim with Scripture....did the scripture ever told that Peter ever stepped to Rome?

and who says the church started in Rome? Peter went to Rome toward the end of his life and there suffered martyrdom UNDER NERO. NO SOURCE describes the place of Peter's martyrdom as other than Rome. It seems most probable, on the whole, that Peter died a martyr's death IN ROME TOWARD THE CLOSE OF NERO'S REIGN, sometime AFTER the cessation of the general persecution.

“The Church here in Babylon, united with you by God’s election, sends you her greeting, and so does my son, Mark” (1 Pet. 5:13, Knox). Babylon is a code-word for Rome. It is used that way multiple times in works like the Sibylline Oracles (5:159f), the Apocalypse of Baruch (2:1), and 4 Esdras (3:1). Eusebius Pamphilius, in The Chronicle, composed about A.D. 303, noted that “It is said that Peter’s first epistle, in which he makes mention of Mark, was composed at Rome itself; and that he himself indicates this, referring to the city figuratively as Babylon.”
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by ijawkid(m): 4:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
mkmyers45:

LOL

Im not an ex-catholic

and
am
no
atheist

You should be agnostic...right??...

Lol......

But I'd like you to comment on what I've observed so far.......
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by mkmyers45(m): 4:17pm On Dec 07, 2012
ijawkid:

You should be agnostic...right??...

Lol......

But I'd like you to comment on what I've observed so far.......

Im not agnostic too...

Well..if indeed we had statistical data then we may conclude
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by engrtee(f): 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2012
plappville:

Back ur claim with Scripture....did the scripture ever told that Peter ever steped to Rome?

Is BIBLE in d bible?

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by 2good(m): 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2012
your level if delusion is beyond imagination. Pentecostal movement originated from the Lutheran church created by a former Roman Catholic German monk called Martin Luther. Get a proper history education and stop reading your bible
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by FXKing2012(m): 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2012
mkmyers45:

Yes but no name was ascribed to d church. Simply becos catholics claim Peter as d first pope doesnt make him roman catholic.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by FXKing2012(m): 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2012
2good: your level if delusion is beyond imagination. Pentecostal movement originated from the Lutheran church created by a former Roman Catholic German monk called Martin Luther. Get a proper history education and stop reading your bible

I think I'd rather stick to my bible rather than those books written by atheists and unbelievers.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by RanchOwner: 6:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
As it is in the bible John 17, Jesus prayed for believers and He is coming for His Bride (the church) and not brides (various denominations).

Also Peter never started the Catholic Church.
He was married.
He went to Rome to evangelise, he was killed for the gospel's sake, actually he was crucified upside down (his own preference, as he didn't want to be martyred upright like Jesus Christ).
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by proo212(m): 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2012
This has been discussed severally here that Peter never stepped in Rome and his grave definitely is not in Rome...
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by FXKing2012(m): 7:13am On Dec 08, 2012
proo212: This has been discussed severally here that Peter never stepped in Rome and his grave definitely is not in Rome...

hmnnn....
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Enigma(m): 9:33am On Dec 08, 2012
@ OP

I think it is better to say that Christianity existed long before there was such a thing as the Roman Catholic Church. wink

On the other hand, even though the Holy Spirit uniquely descended on Christians first on that day of Pentecost, "Pentecostal Christianity" as we know it today is very very very young and recent indeed. smiley

cool
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 08, 2012
FXKing2012: The apostles were called Christians for the first time on the day of the pentecost (Acts 2). This means that the first Christians were pentecostal Christians.

U son of Sherlock Holmes!
What AMAZING and SHOCKING evidence!
THE FIRST CHRISTIANS WERE ACTUALLY PENTECOSTAL!
Why? Becos they were called christains on the day of the pentecost. How baffling!

So if I am called an atheist on christmas day I become a christian atheist?

My lord u are a genius!
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 08, 2012
No apostolic church was the first church because christianity was starterd by the apostles

Baptists were the first church because Jesus was baptoised

Redeemed was the first church because christ has redeemed us

Christ embassy was the first church because christianity founded on christ

What a shallo way of reasoning!!!

I wonder what happened to all these early 'pentecostal' and 'christian' churches ? Which of the numerous protestant sect are they part of

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mysterious Ways Of God! / Watch Scary Moment A Man Who Act As Jesus Christ Fell From His Cross (video) / How Can I Pay My Tithe Without Going To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.