Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,784 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:12 AM

Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic (9934 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 15, 2012
italo:

The reason that you cannot discuss "faith" with me is that you don't even know your faith to start with. You proclaim "I BELIEVE!" in your parish on Sunday morning (that is if at all you even go to Church), then you proclaim "I DONT BELIEVE!" on nairaland on Sunday afternoon.

The argument should not be between you and someone else but the argument should be within you. Between the Sylve11 that believes and the Sylve11 that doesn't believe.

Sort yourself out before you "start with me." Do you believe in the Holy Catholic Church... Or do you not?!

The bolded makes me wonder if the Church being discussed is a cult or something?? Smh!!!

Is the question not supposed to be 'do you believe in God Almighty and the sacrifice of His son for your salvation?'. Why must it be about believing in a Church for salvation? What if the Church leaders erred? He should just follow in their footsteps like sheeple without asking questions?

Salvation is an individual thing and it comes only through believing in God and the sacrifice of His son for our sins and living the Christ-like life! Shikena!!!

3 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by italo: 7:50am On Dec 15, 2012
@ Enigma,

Rather than 'nice' or 'rough', I'll rather play the daft student.

You have implied that God's Church contradicts itself. One part says "A" is truth...another part says "A" is heresy. Yet it is ONE TRUE CHURCH.

Yes sir!
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by italo: 7:59am On Dec 15, 2012
seriallink:
The bolded makes me wonder if the Church being discussed is a cult or something?? Smh!!!

Is the question not supposed to be 'do you believe in God Almighty and the sacrifice of His son for your salvation?'. Why must it be about believing in a Church for salvation? What if the Church leaders erred? He should just follow in their footsteps like sheeple without asking questions?

Salvation is an individual thing and it comes only through believing in God and the sacrifice of His son for our sins and living the Christ-like life! Shikena!!!

Now, what is your business with the question I asked a fellow Catholic? Look at you making wahala over a question directed towards another person but if I ask you a question, you'll start dodging.

It is a simple question. I'm not saying he must believe the Church leaders even if he thinks they erred. He has a right NOT to believe in the Church, but he cannot believe in the Church and NOT believe in the Church at the same time. Just like one cannot believe in God and not believe in God at the same time.

My question to him was "do you believe in the Holy Catholic Church?"

The possible answers are: Yes, No, I don't know.

But of course, a hypocrite will not like to say clearly where he belongs.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Enigma(m): 8:05am On Dec 15, 2012
italo: @ Enigma,

Rather than 'nice' or 'rough', I'll rather play the daft student.

You have implied that God's Church contradicts itself. One part says "A" is truth...another part says "A" is heresy. Yet it is ONE TRUE CHURCH.

Yes sir!

Anything you like you can play, that one does not concern me after your last post addressed to me. wink

Now to the point: the Church of Christ does not "contradict" itself. smiley

Rather, organisations and denominations like the Roman Catholic Church, Koboko Ministry, Power Must Change Hands Ministry etc etc etc etc are the ones contradicting each other.

The members of the body of Christ may have different understandings of certain issues e.g. the Council of Jerusalem having to address some matters (and which still did not mean that different groups even at that time had uniform practices), Paul having to confront Peter, Paul himself facing charges of hypocrisy etc. Nevertheless, the body of Christ, the Church of Christ ---- remains united by the One Holy Spirit and by their One Lord. Simples. wink

cool
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Enigma(m): 8:09am On Dec 15, 2012
seriallink:

Very good point! When people place an organisation above Christ Himself, then it is legitimate to wonder.

cool

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by italo: 8:16am On Dec 15, 2012
sylve11:

To ur 1st statement, anyother religion can quote same in making a point.

My friend, you said we shouldnt defend our faith, St. Peter said we should. You are in contradiction to the Bible and the Church, dear "Catholic Christian!"

sylve11: To ur 2nd statement, I wonder where u think the rest of the multitude who do not believe in Christ, who haven't heard about Him and who believe on their doctrine with practises that pleases the Almighty God will go (wether hell or heaven), na u come know then. And I think the pentecostals and her likes are all going to hell by ur assertion.

I thought you told Ubenedictus that you understood the Catholic faith. Why don't you read up The Church teaching on the fate of non-Catholics (believers and non-believers). It is not bad to be ignorant...but why don't you keep quiet about what you don't know and learn from those who do? No wonder you've been saying a load of not-so-sensible things about the faith...because you know next to nothing about the faith and you aren't willing to learn.

sylve11: To ur 3rd, the 2nd and 3rd are works in relativity.
cool

There's no relativity there. Ours is the one true faith. So teaches the Catholic Church. Oh! I forgot that you haven't decided if you believe in the Church or not.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by italo: 8:37am On Dec 15, 2012
Enigma:

Rather, organisations and denominations like the Roman Catholic Church, Koboko Ministry, Power Must Change Hands Ministry etc etc etc etc are the ones contradicting each other.

The members of the body of Christ may have different understandings of certain issues e.g. the Council of Jerusalem having to address some matters (and which still did not mean that different groups even at that time had uniform practices), Paul having to confront Peter, Paul himself facing charges of hypocrisy etc. Nevertheless, the body of Christ, the Church of Christ ---- remains united by the One Holy Spirit and by their One Lord. Simples. wink

cool

Yes sir, I get you. 'The Holy Spirit and Lord inspires millions of denominations to teach millions of different doctrines. He also inspires anybody who disagrees with a doctrine on Saturday night to break off and form another so-called denomination on Sunday morning. The Holy Spirit inspires one denomination of the "body of Christ" to say "Jesus is God" and another denomination to say "Jesus is man."' Thank you Sir!

But Sir, on St. Paul's dispute with St. Peter. Don't you see how the body of Christ dealt with the issue in the unity of the council? Don't you see how St. Peter how St. Peter acted and spoke definitively as the head of the Church in the end - backed by St. James?

Give me an example of this kind of council in your so called 'two or three are gathered' church.

When have all the so-called denominations gathered in a council to thrash an issue with the head of the Church proclaiming definitively the way forward?

Just one example Sir.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by italo: 8:38am On Dec 15, 2012
Enigma:

cool

Yes sir, I get you. 'The Holy Spirit and Lord inspires millions of denominations to teach millions of different doctrines. He also inspires anybody who disagrees with a doctrine on Saturday night to break off and form another so-called denomination on Sunday morning. The Holy Spirit inspires one denomination of the "body of Christ" to say "Jesus is God" and another denomination to say "Jesus is man."' Thank you Sir!

But Sir, on St. Paul's dispute with St. Peter. Don't you see how the body of Christ dealt with the issue in the unity of the council? Don't you see how St. Peter how St. Peter acted and spoke definitively as the head of the Church in the end - backed by St. James?

Give me an example of this kind of council in your so called 'two or three are gathered' church.

When have all the so-called denominations gathered in a council to thrash an issue with the head of the Church proclaiming definitively the way forward? The only place I see this happening is The Catholic Church.

Just one example Sir.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 15, 2012
italo:

Now, what is your business with the question I asked a fellow Catholic? Look at you making wahala over a question directed towards another person but if I ask you a question, you'll start dodging.

It is a simple question. I'm not saying he must believe the Church leaders even if he thinks they erred. He has a right NOT to believe in the Church, but he cannot believe in the Church and NOT believe in the Church at the same time. Just like one cannot believe in God and not believe in God at the same time.

My question to him was "do you believe in the Holy Catholic Church?"

The possible answers are: Yes, No, I don't know.

But of course, a hypocrite will not like to say clearly where he belongs.

And behold the loquacious and pugnacious pope italo at it again gringrin!!! I smh for you!

I can't remember dodging any reasonable question(s) you've asked me anywhere on Nairaland!

I ignore some questions when my position is twisted in an argument. I don't usually respond to strawman questions from some of you, because that's what you do when you are losing a debate. Clutching at straws has always been a part of you! nothing new!!!
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Enigma(m): 9:01am On Dec 15, 2012
italo: Yes sir, I get you. 'The Holy Spirit and Lord inspires millions of denominations to teach millions of different doctrines. He also inspires anybody who disagrees with a doctrine on Saturday night to break off and form another so-called denomination on Sunday morning. The Holy Spirit inspires one denomination of the "body of Christ" to say "Jesus is God" and another denomination to say "Jesus is man."' Thank you Sir!

I imagine the Holy Spirit inspired one "pope" to say “We declare, state, define and pronounce that it is altogether necessary to salvation for every human creature to be subject to the Roman pontiff.” Yet He inspires the Roman Catholic Church to contradict that "pope"; even yet He inspires the Roman Catholic Church to say that "pope" was infallible and that statement is infallible ---- yet He inspires the Roman Catholic Church to contradict it. Yeah, right; thank you very much sir. wink

italo: But Sir, on St. Paul's dispute with St. Peter. Don't you see how the body of Christ dealt with the issue in the unity of the council? Don't you see how St. Peter how St. Peter acted and spoke definitively as the head of the Church in the end - backed by St. James?

Even after that the different groups still had different practices (e.g. Jews and Gentile groups); it did not prevent them from being one in Christ and all part of the one body of Christ.

italo: Give me an example of this kind of council in your so called 'two or three are gathered' church.

1. I have already given you the example of the church that met in the house of Prisca and Aquilla; and also the church that met in the house of Philemon.*

2. I give you two more examples: (a) Romans 16:23 - "Gaius, whose hospitality I and the whole church here enjoy, sends you his greetings."; (b) Luke 9: 49“Master,” said John, “we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us.” 50“Do not stop him,” Jesus said, “for whoever is not against you is for you.”

3. Most importantly are you telling us that Jesus was lying or was a "joker" when He said "where two or three are gathered in My name, there I am in the midst of them."?

italo: When have all the so-called denominations gathered in a council to thrash an issue with the head of the Church proclaiming definitively the way forward?

Just one example Sir.

1. Jesus is the only Head of the Church. Any other person claiming or being called by that title ---- is false.

2. I am not interested in "denominations" as such and even less so what you refer to as "so-called denominations".

3. The Roman Catholic Church is a denomination and one of the "so-called denominations".

4. The aggrandisement and fraud of the Roman Catholic Church prevents the possibility of a truly ecumenical council now; which is why it is holding its own councils like Trent etc and if it likes it can deceive itself that things like Trent etc are "ecumenical". smiley

cool

* EDIT I also previously gave the example of the Ethiopean eunuch --- he did not stop being a member of the body of Christ or of the Church of Christ even when it was him alone. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by plappville(f): 10:06am On Dec 15, 2012
Enigma:

You are making a mistake; what is more you are ignoring what is in the Bible.

According to the Bible, the one true Church is not a building; even more importantly it is not an organisation! Therefore, the one true Church is not especially concerned with different organisations who are between them teaching different doctrines ---- like the Roman Catholic Church, Pentecostal Church etc etc etc

The one true Church of Christ is simply a body of people; a body of people who have accepted and are
trusting in Christ
. smiley They may be individual e.g. like their brother of old the Ethiopean eunuch, they may be
a small group that meets in a house e.g. the Church that met in the house of Priscilla and Aquilla or in the
house of Philemon; they may meet in a bigger group as with a dedicated church building.

When they meet in a bigger group especially, it is
possible that false people and even wolves may be among them; yet Jesus still knows His sheep. smiley

Where we get information about recognising the one
true Church is --- from the Bible. We are not concerned with an organisation that deceives itself with bulls etc
and says it is the "only true Church". The Bible quite easily shows that the organisation is lying, in fact it is
talking --- bull. wink

Here, you are showing your colours and that of the Roman Catholic Church. What you call a joke is my statement that the true Church is even found where two

or three are gathered in Jesus'name. Well, that means you are calling Jesus Christ a "joker" because He is the One who said it. wink

cool

[size=16pt]SO TRUE !!![/size]
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by plappville(f): 10:23am On Dec 15, 2012
seriallink:

[size=14pt]Pplease tell him/her ooooo..... This Popeitalo get serious problem ooo shocked[/size]
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Boomark(m): 11:03am On Dec 15, 2012
italo:

When have all the so-called denominations gathered in a council to thrash an issue with the head of the Church proclaiming definitively the way forward?

Just one example Sir.

will your church agree to gather with the Christians so we can thrash out idol worship from their brain?
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by sylve11: 11:43am On Dec 15, 2012
italo:

My friend, you said we shouldnt defend our faith, St. Peter said we should. You are in contradiction to the Bible and the Church, dear "Catholic Christian!"

I thought you told Ubenedictus that you understood the Catholic faith. Why don't you read up The Church teaching on the fate of non-Catholics (believers and non-believers). It is not bad to be ignorant...but why don't you keep quiet about what you don't know and learn from those who do? No wonder you've been saying a load of not-so-sensible things about the faith...because you know next to nothing about the faith and you aren't willing to learn.

There's no relativity there. Ours is the one true faith. So teaches the Catholic Church. Oh! I forgot that you haven't decided if you believe in the Church or not.

Italo, since u said I aint ready to learn, are u ready to teach? I am not ready to use hard words on u, but this is what I want to tell u 'u don't have the right to say ur religion is the best why others aren't'. Can I ask u this? Have u been to heaven nor hell before? Beside u pointed that I am ignorant. . .sorry I decided to study a little further than what u read. And if u r ready to be a bit sensible on ur replies then I think I shall be ready to learn from ur gibberish posts. Till then u r one reason why Christianity still remain this way. 'No unity'. cool

3 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by chasy16(f): 11:56am On Dec 15, 2012
sylve11:

Italo, since u said I aint ready to learn, are u ready to teach? I am not ready to use hard words on u, but this is what I want to tell u 'u don't have the right to say ur religion is the best why others aren't'. Can I ask u this? Have u been to heaven nor hell before? Beside u pointed that I am ignorant. . .sorry I decided to study a little further than what u read. And if u r ready to be a bit sensible on ur replies then I think I shall be ready to learn from ur gibberish posts. Till then u r one reason why Christianity still remain this way. 'No unity'. cool

I agree with u. Italo is another sentimental thrash. Claiming catholic is the only true church is phucking annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by italo: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2012
seriallink:
I can't remember dodging any reasonable question(s) you've asked me anywhere on Nairaland!

I ignore some questions when my position is twisted in an argument. I don't usually respond to strawman questions from some of you, because that's what you do when you are losing a debate. Clutching at straws has always been a part of you! nothing new!!!

The most recent example: You accused most Catholics on nairaland of saying non-Catholics are hell-bound. I asked you to show us ONE SIGLE POST by a Catholic saying that. Till this day you are yet to either provide evidence or apologize for your slander.

What you do is... When you are faced with a question...and you know that answering that question honestly will expose the lies and holes in your theology, you start to dodge it and beat around the bush and declare it (on your own) "strawman question."

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by italo: 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2012
chasy16:
I agree with u. Italo is another sentimental thrash. Claiming catholic is the only true church is phucking annoying.

My dear, I know that it will be "phucking annoying" for a non-Catholic, but is it "phucking annoying" to you when anti-Catholics say that Catholics are idol worshippers (implying that they have the true faith and we are false)... Do you call them "sentimental thrash" or are you another hypocrite? Anyway, I'm not trying to tell you what is pleasing to your ears. What do you want to hear? That all the religions in this world are true religions of the Almighty God? That would be a lie. We Christians (majority of us) say Jesus is God; Muslims say Jesus is not God and only a prophet like Moses, Isaiah & Mohammed. Can they both be true? No! Catholics say there's purgatory, other christians say that is heresy from the pits of hell. Can they both be true? No. When Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the life, it would have been "phucking annoying" to those who weren't his followers. So my dear, I'm only interested in telling you what I know to be truth, whether it makes you "phucking annoyed" or not. The Catholic faith is the one true faith of the Almighty God. Take me to any court.

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Lovethywilbedon: 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2012
Boomark, I sincerely apologize for calling you a lier. Now can you or any of you numerous friends who hide behind the curtain to insult the catholic church be courageous enough to declear the name of their church.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 15, 2012
italo:

The most recent example: You accused most Catholics on nairaland of saying non-Catholics are hell-bound. I asked you to show us ONE SIGLE POST by a Catholic saying that. Till this day you are yet to either provide evidence or apologize for your slander.

What you do is... When you are faced with a question...and you know that answering that question honestly will expose the lies and holes in your theology, you start to dodge it and beat around the bush and declare it (on your own) "strawman question."

How is my accusation a lie? Believe it or not, lots of Catholics have said that to me and other Christians I know of, time and time again.

Infact, the anger was what pushed me into creating that thread to know people's views on that verse, so I can comfortably debunk any one who tries to claim the ownership of the body of Christ so as to support the falacy that his/her Church is the 'Only True Church'.

And seeing how you are singing with your theory of 'my Church (Catholic Church) is the only true Church' on threads like this? I'm convinced you are no different from the people who condemn other denominations/Christians! I'm sure you didn't learn anything from what some knowledgeable Catholics and other Christians posted on that thread as you were busy trying to derail the thread, but thank God it made to the frontpage.

I asked you a simple question on that thread, but you never replied me. Like I said on that thread, there are only two sides to this issue of Church; it's either TRUE or FALSE, HEAVEN or HELL!!! So, when you say your 'Church is the only true Church', it means other denominations/Christians are fake and doomed, no?

So, my friend, your statements on this thread alone is a clear proof that you are saying other Churches/Christians are doomed, since you are in support of the idea that the 'HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH' is the only true Church!!!

I should apologise to you? Smh!!! You should be apologising to me for trying to derail my thread that day and also for claiming to know that I actually created it to mock your Church!

The earlier you accept the fact that the Church being referred to in [url=bible.cc/matthew/16-18.htm]Matthew 16:18[/url] is the body of Christ (combination of all Christians) regardless of denomination, the better for you!
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by italo: 2:36pm On Dec 15, 2012
sylve11:
Italo, since u said I aint ready to learn, are u ready to teach? I am not ready to use hard words on u,

I am ready to teach but you are not ready to learn. I am also not ready to use hard words on you.

sylve11: but this is what I want to tell u 'u don't have the right to say ur religion is the best why others aren't'.

Firstly I didn't say "best." I said "one true faith/church". Others may possess some measure of truth but it is only the Catholic faith that possesses the fullness of truth.

So I don't have a right to say the Catholic Church is the one true Church but anti-Catholics like Ijawkid have a right to say Catholics do not worship God, they worship idols, abi. Is it clear to you now that you are a hypocrite...or do you still doubt that and consider it as a harsh word?

My dear I have the right to say what I said.

sylve11: Can I ask u this? Have u been to heaven nor hell before?

You should be ashamed of asking me any question after avoiding my own questions.

sylve11: Beside u pointed that I am ignorant. . .sorry I decided to study a little further than what u read. And if u r ready to be a bit sensible on ur replies then I think I shall be ready to learn from ur gibberish posts. Till then u r one reason why Christianity still remain this way. 'No unity'. cool

...And what is the outcome of your study? Tell us what the Catholic Church says about the eternal fate of non-Catholics.

Am I the one that asked Martin Luther and the thousands of protestant "popes" to divide the flock of God?
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2012
italo:

My dear, I know that it will be "phucking annoying" for a non-Catholic, but is it "phucking annoying" to you when anti-Catholics say that Catholics are idol worshippers (implying that they have the true faith and we are false)... Do you call them "sentimental thrash" or are you another hypocrite? Anyway, I'm not trying to tell you what is pleasing to your ears. What do you want to hear? That all the religions in this world are true religions of the Almighty God? That would be a lie. We Christians (majority of us) say Jesus is God; Muslims say Jesus is not God and only a prophet like Moses, Isaiah & Mohammed. Can they both be true? No! Catholics say there's purgatory, other christians say that is heresy from the pits of hell. Can they both be true? No. When Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the life, it would have been "phucking annoying" to those who weren't his followers. So my dear, I'm only interested in telling you what I know to be truth, whether it makes you "phucking annoyed" or not. The Catholic faith is the one true faith of the Almighty God. Take me to any court.

That is why there will be judgement before condemnation. Salvation is an individual thing like serial said. You don't have to get worked up because your Church is being crictised. Only God has the final say. Peace bro

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by italo: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2012
doubleDx:
That is why there will be judgement before condemnation. Salvation is an individual thing like serial said. You don't have to get worked up because your Church is being crictised. Only God has the final say. Peace bro

I'm not worked up because the Church is being criticized, that's normal. Perhaps I'm worked up because of the hypocrisy on show. Jesus was worked up by hypocrisy too...read Matthew 23.

Besides, why did you not tell Chasy16 who said she was "phucking annoyed" not to get worked up?

Or Seriallink who said anger made him to open a thread...

Why am I the only one you are telling?

Isn't this another example of the hypocrisy I'm talking about?

Whatever happened to integrity among Nigerians?
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by italo: 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2012
seriallink:
How is my accusation a lie? Believe it or not, lots of Catholics have said that to me and other Christians I know of, time and time again.

If it were true, you would be able to provide at least ONE POST where a Catholic on nairaland said non-Catholics are hell-bound, as you alleged. It is a LIE!

seriallink: I asked you a simple question on that thread, but you never replied me. Like I said on that thread, there are only two sides to this issue of Church; it's either TRUE or FALSE, HEAVEN or HELL!!! So, when you say your 'Church is the only true Church', it means other denominations/Christians are fake and doomed, no?

Fake! Not necessarily doomed. I said only those who know the Catholic faith to be the true faith and reject it are condemned.

seriallink: So, my friend, your statements on this thread alone is a clear proof that you are saying other Churches/Christians are doomed, since you are in support of the idea that the 'HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH' is the only true Church!!!

Upon all the Ubenedictus wrote and I seconded, you're still stuck in this delusion. You want to force Catholic doctrine to change to what you wish it were...and you think you'll succeed? Go on...
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by italo: 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2012
seriallink:

If it were true, you would be able to provide at least ONE POST where a Catholic on nairaland said non-Catholics are hell-bound, as you alleged. It is a LIE!

seriallink: I asked you a simple question on that thread, but you never replied me. Like I said on that thread, there are only two sides to this issue of Church; it's either TRUE or FALSE, HEAVEN or HELL!!! So, when you say your 'Church is the only true Church', it means other denominations/Christians are fake and doomed, no?

Fake! Not necessarily doomed. I said only those who know the Catholic faith to be the true faith and reject it are condemned.

seriallink: So, my friend, your statements on this thread alone is a clear proof that you are saying other Churches/Christians are doomed, since you are in support of the idea that the 'HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH' is the only true Church!!!

Upon all the Ubenedictus wrote and I seconded, you're still stuck in this delusion. You want to force Catholic doctrine to change to what you wish it were...and you think you'll succeed? Go on...
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Lovethywilbedon: 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2012
Friends, no matter how many years we spend arguing this, considering the topic of this thread, the fact still remains that your protest can't change the TRUTH. Your protest can't change THE PAST. Your protest can't change HISTORY. Irrespective of the fact that we Catholics belive that true christians who out of no fault of their's found themselves in a church outside the Catholic church will still go to heaven, while Faulse christians who were so privilaged to be in the Catholic church will to hell. The TRUE FACT still remains that Christ founded only One Church (not churches) on the Apostle Peter and He promise that the gate of hell will not overcome it (Jn16:18). Now to show that He wanted His Church to continue as ONE after Him, and not divide into 12, each headed by a different Apostle, He said to Peter " Simon, feed my lambs, take care of my sheep, feed my sheep" (Jn21:15-17). After Christ's assension, this very Church actualy continieued as ONE UNIVERSAL CHURCH amidst all odd for 1500years untill the 14th century, precisely 1546 when Martin Luther founded The Lutherans, followed by John Calvin who founded The Calvinist, then HenryVIII of England founded The Anglicans, John Wesley founded The Methodist, and so did the chain reaction continue to the present time when Lazarus Mouka founded The Lords Chosen, W.F Kumiyi founded Deeper Life, Oyakilome Chris founded Christ Embassy. Oyedekpo founded Winners, Adebayo founded Redeedmed and so was the very Church you attend now was founded by a founder who is still alife. We all know that Christ founded only ONE CHURCH. And we all belive this Church continued after Christ to this present day. Again you and I belive that this church is called UNIVERSAL. And Honestly this Church is truely UNIVERSAL because it can be found in all the conners of the world, She can be found in the 6 continents of the world, She can be found in all the countries on the map of the world. To prove her UNIVERSALITY, She has as her members, peoples of all races and tribes in the world. This Church is truely UNIVERSAL and that is why she is called THE HOLY MOTHER CHURCH. And guess what? Her name is THE HOLY CATHOLIC CHURCH. No other church bears that name. So friends, stop decieving youselves because this is a TRUE FACT that you cannot change. If you don't belive this now, you will surely belive it in the NEXT WORLD.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2012
italo:

^^^^

@Italo,

So anyone who knowingly reject some Catholic teachings and doctrines because they are not scriptural is doomed? Smh!!! I wonder why those doctrines weren't written down in the scripture if they were truly inspired by the holy spirit!

Why would you say my accusation was a lie? Were you there when I was creating the thread? Did you know what pushed me into creating that thread? C'mon stop being childish!

So, you want to tell me that what your Catholic brother striktlymi posted weren't good enough for you? Oh, I guess that was because the facts he presented weren't uniform with your idea of 'The Holy Roman Catholic Church being the only true Church' huh? Well, that's understandable!!

It seems Mr. Ube supported your idea which explains why you seconded his post. I have replied to his post and waiting for his response.

I'm not trying to force you leave your Church doctrines or anything. But you have to get the message and stop deluding youself that the 'Holy Roman Catholic Church is the only true Church'. By saying that, you've already condemned other denominations/Christians. Are you the righteous judge to know that Christ will pick only from your supposedly 'Only True Church'?

Lets leave it at that. I have made my point. Just know that anytime you say your Church is the 'only true church', you've already condemned other christians; meaning, you've already judged on behalf of the Almighty God!
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Boomark(m): 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2012
Lovethywilbedon: Boomark, I sincerely apologize for calling you a lier. Now can you or any of you numerous friends who hide behind the curtain to insult the catholic church be courageous enough to declear the name of their church.

cheesy
Thank you!

I am a Christian. As it were in the days of the apostles.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Lovethywilbedon: 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2012
seriallink: @Italo,

So anyone who knowingly reject some Catholic teachings and doctrines because they are not scriptural is doomed? Smh!!! I wonder why those doctrines weren't written down in the scripture if they were truly inspired by the holy spirit!

Why would you say my accusation was a lie? Were you there when I was creating the thread? Did you know what pushed me into creating that thread? C'mon stop being childish!

So, you want to tell me that what your Catholic brother[b]striktlymi[/b] posted weren't good enough for you? Oh, I guess that was because the facts he presented weren't uniform with your idea of 'The Holy Roman Catholic Church being the only true Church' huh? Well, that's understandable!!

It seems Mr. Ube supported your idea which explains why you seconded his post. I have replied to his post and waiting for his response.

I'm not trying to force you leave your Church doctrines or anything. But you have to get the message and stop deluding youself that the 'Holy Roman Catholic Church is the only true Church'. By saying that, you've already condemned other denominations/Christians. Are you the righteous judge to know that Christ will pick only from your supposedly 'Only True Church'?

Lets leave it at that. I have made my point. Just know that anytime you say your Church is the 'only true church', you've already condemned other christians; meaning, you've already judged on behalf of the Almighty God!
The main issue here is, did Christ found any Visible Church on the Apostle Peter?. YES! Which one is it. The UNIVERSAL(Catholic) Church. The Methodist Church, The Lutheran Church, The Anglican Church, The Winners Church, The Christ Embassy Church, The Mountain of Fire Church. The Mount Zion Church. The ETC Church. We can trace all these churches back to their human founders except The Universal Church which is Catholic and that is the True Church founded by Christ. It does'nt matter who gets offended. Christians need to be Sincere in searching for "THE TRUTH" even when it leads to the result that we don't like.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2012
Lovethywilbedon: The main issue here is, did Christ found any Visible Church on the Apostle Peter?. YES! Which one is it. The UNIVERSAL(Catholic) Church. The Methodist Church, The Lutheran Church, The Anglican Church, The Winners Church, The Christ Embassy Church, The Mountain of Fire Church. The Mount Zion Church. The ETC Church. We can trace all these churches back to their human founders except The Universal Church which is Catholic and that is the True Church founded by Christ. It does'nt matter who gets offended. Christians need to be Sincere in searching for "THE TRUTH" even when it leads to the result that we don't like.

Do you even know anything about the history and beginning of Christianity? Your own delusion is too strong brah!

What I put for italo up there wasn't about who came first. I see you have a long way to go.

FYI, I ain't fighting for any denomination because I do not belong to any one.

I'm a Christian, just like the early Christians. Go figure!

I'm outta here.

Take care!
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Lovethywilbedon: 7:18pm On Dec 15, 2012
seriallink:

Do you even know anything about the history and beginning of Christianity? Your own delusion is too strong brah!

What I put for italo up there wasn't about who came first. I see you have a long way to go.

FYI, I ain't fighting for any denomination because I do not belong to any one.

I'm a Christian, just like the early Christians. Go figure!

I'm outta here.

Take care!
My good friend Boomark, you see what you have caused. Everybody is now denying his or her Protestant Denomination founded by a human being who is still alife and claiming to be a Christian like the the early christians. But you people forgot that these early christians were member of The UNIVERSAL(Catholic) Church. The very Church you people are attacking today because this church didn't disappear after the early christians. Why are you leaving when THE TRUTH becomes very bitter. Since the words of Our Lord Jesus to the Apostle Peter in The Holy Bible Is not enough to convince you Protestant that Christ founded a Visible Church which buy the protection of the Holy Spirit still survive to this present day, I decided to employ a little HISTORY. You people are fond of giving wrong interpretation to the bible to prove any point you like, including the use private jets by you pastors. But guess what?. With any History Textbook (even the one written by the protestant), there is ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO INTERPET. Our UNIVERSAL(Catholic) Church (which almost all of you now belong to) has more than 2000years of Historical Experience. She saw the rise and fall of many civilisation. She was there when the Jewish mob trew their first stone on one of her most eloquent decon, Stephen. She was there weeping whene her children were being crushed in the frangs of the hungry lions and beasts, in the bloody colociums of Rome. She was there alone when Emperors Nero, Trajan, Valerian, Deoclotine and Domitian Tryed, Tested and did their very possible best to extingush The Faith in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Centuries. She was there rejoicing when God, through Emperor Constantine, in the 4th Century, granted her children the freedom to worship Our Lord, (for the first time in human history) in the whole of Roman Empire. She was there alone to protect here children from Arianic, Manicheanic, Macedonianic, Pelegianic Nestorianic, Monophysianic, Semipelagianic, Monothelistic and Iconoclastic Heresies of the 3rd,4th,5th and 6th Centuries. She was there alone when Islam was born in the 6th century. She was there alone when the Crusades were faugth to save Christendom. She was there alone when The Black Death consumed 2/3 of Europe's population in the 11th century. She was there alone to witnees The 100years war between England and France. She was there alone in October 1492 when Christopher Columbus discovered the American Continent. She was there when your "fathers in faith" started there first protest and riots. She was there to witness the American Revolution, the French Revolution, the rise and fall of Napoleon Bonaparte, the Industrial revolution, the two World wars. She was there to witness the birth of all the countries in the present map of the world. She was there when all the founders of you respective churches and denominations were born. And somebody had had the gots to creat a thread comparing The True, Visible, UNIVERSAL/Catholic Church with the Protestant churches, WHAT AN INSULT? . Anyway, She will still out leave all of us who are alife today defending or criticising her, and she will remain on earth to welcome Christ in His second coming. And just as Christ said the gate of hell shall not overcome her. [Matthew16:18].

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by italo: 7:22pm On Dec 15, 2012
seriallink:

^^^^

@Italo,

This is what you resort to when you have no reasonable ground to stand on. You start to post like one who isn't even reading the posts you are arguing against. Let me try one more time, hoping your brain will be sharp enough to process my post accurately this time.

Anyone who knows that the Catholic faith is the true faith and rejects it will be condemned. Do you need an interpreter in your local dialect?

seriallink: Why would you say my accusation was a lie? Were you there when I was creating the thread? Did you know what pushed me into creating that thread? C'mon stop being childish!

There you go again, acting Mr Ibu. What has what you're saying got to do with what I'm saying.

You said most Catholic debaters say non-Catholics are hell bound. I say that is a LIE. Its been weeks and neither you nor your fellow anti-Catholics reading that thread and this one have been able to provide ONE SINGLE POST to back up your claim.

Don't you have any shame?

seriallink: So, you want to tell me that what your Catholic brother striktlymi posted weren't good enough for you? Oh, I guess that was because the facts he presented weren't uniform with your idea of 'The Holy Roman Catholic Church being the only true Church' huh? Well, that's understandable!!

As far as I know, he said Catholics believe the Catholic Church was the one true Church. So I don't get what the hell you're talking about.

seriallink: It seems Mr. Ube supported your idea which explains why you seconded his post. I have replied to his post and waiting for his response.

Just like if you say Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, you have judged other religions on behalf of God abi?

The truth is the truth and some of us cannot refrain from telling it... Even though you decide to kill yourself because of it.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by truthislight: 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2012
Ubenedictus: truthislight cul down oh!! Italo i blive has a point he his making!! If hypocrisy is removed and kneeling b4 an image of christ is called idolotry, then kneeling in front of anything may b considered as such wether it d pic of ur mum dat just happens to b in d room or ur own pic, ur bed or ur bible!

"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. " (John 4:24).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? / Jessijosh nigeria (jessica And Joshua) Youngest And Latest Couple In The World / How Do People Become Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.