Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves (26879 Views)

An Open Appeal To All Tribal Bigots On Nairaland / Message For The Mods: Nairaland's Names Of Tribal Bigots. / VIDEO: Nigeria NSDC Commandant Makes A Fool Of Himself On National TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by onitshaigbo(m): 6:05am On Dec 08, 2012
I'm from Onitsha like my name says, and I think it's a great city, but let's not put down other parts of Igboland or even other Nigerians. We are all in this together. If all the other states are doing badly, Anambra will not get far no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by gidiMonsta(m): 7:46am On Dec 08, 2012
This thread was started by someone from Anambra, its pretty obvious. Chino's comments and the 4 likes on the post pretty much buttresses this point. This is not the first time I've heard someone from Anambra claiming superiority over others.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 08, 2012
gidiMonsta: This thread was started by someone from Anambra, its pretty obvious. Chino's comments and the 4 likes on the post pretty much buttresses this point. This is not the first time I've heard someone from Anambra claiming superiority over others.

Different kinds of people can like a post for different kinds of reasons. You know this, right?

I am from Anambra and I have NEVER experienced this so-called attitude some Nairalanders are talking about. NEVER.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Afam4eva(m): 8:06am On Dec 08, 2012
nnenna.1:

Different kinds of people can like a post for different kinds of reasons. You know this, right?

I am from Anambra and I have NEVER experienced this so-called attitude some Nairalanders are talking about. NEVER.
In as much as this thread may not have been opened by an Anambra or Iggbo person, you and i not that this kinf od superiority talk is not new. You can go to the Enugu thread and see for yourself and see the kind of superiority mindset that a few Anambra people have.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 08, 2012
afam4eva:
In as much as this thread may not have been opened by an Anambra or Iggbo person, you and i not that this kinf od superiority talk is not new. You can go to the Enugu thread and see for yourself and see the kind of superiority mindset that a few Anambra people have.

It was new to me when I started looking in depth at this in Nairaland.

In my interactions with people in real life...sure there might have been some state-centric jabs that I have heard, but it came from all sides equally and it was always in jest among parties I knew. I never got any sense of superiority or domination from one side at all.

Nairaland has a way of bringing out total negativity in everything - now I know I will be more observant about the dynamics among people from the SE in this matter seeing that I must have been clueless my whole life undecided.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Afam4eva(m): 8:23am On Dec 08, 2012
nnenna.1:

It was new to me when I started looking in depth at this in Nairaland.

In my interactions with people in real life...sure there might have been some state-centric jabs that I have heard, but it came from all sides equally and it was always in jest among parties I knew. I never got any sense of superiority or domination from one side at all.

Nairaland has a way of bringing out total negativity in everything - now I know I will be more observant about the dynamics among people from the SE in this matter seeing that I must have been clueless my whole life undecided.

We the Enugu people are the closest to Anambra people. In Igboland, there are two divides which are Anambra/Enugu and Abia/Imo. But even Enugu people are disgusted by the attitude of a few Anambra people. The Enugu thread is a case in point. This is a thread which if at all there should have been beef, it should have come from the Abia/Imo axis but see what some of our Anambra brother have turned that place into forgetting the fact that they were instrumental to what Enugu is today. You always notice that it's Abia, Imo, Ebonyi and Enugu people that are always fighting the Anambra people because of what some of them have been saying about other Igbos. Imagine someone calling Owerri a LovePeddler town. if at all there should be competition in Igboland, it should be a healthy one.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 08, 2012
afam4eva:
We the Enugu people are the closest to Anambra people. In Igboland, there are two divides which are Anambra/Enugu and Abia/Imo. But even Enugu people are disgusted by the attitude of a few Anambra people. The Enugu thread is a case in point. This is a thread which if at all there should have been beef, it should have come from the Abia/Imo axis but see what some of our Anambra brother have turned that place into forgetting the fact that they were instrumental to what Enugu is today. You always notice that it's Abia, Imo, Ebonyi and Enugu people that are always fighting the Anambra people because of what some of them have been saying about other Igbos. Imagine someone calling Owerri a LovePeddler town. if at all there should be competition in Igboland, it should be a healthy one.

If some of this prejudice is real as you say, do you think it's one-sided?

I highly doubt that the other states say nothing about people from Anambra in return (with some of the problems facing Anambra and the stereotypes that follow it - I doubt it). I also highly doubt that states don't talk about each other even.

Shoot, neigboring towns and villages in the state probably do the same.

Let me say once again I have never experienced this superiority talk I see here in Nairaland in real life. Why would Anambra be superior over other Igbo states? undecided

I blame the likes of Chino and co who come in here to look for trouble (whether this is jokes or a way of putting us in a negative spotlight, I don't know).
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by UncleJJ(m): 8:41am On Dec 08, 2012

any picture i post of owerri gets deleted because nowhere in the SW looks that good. the mod thinks that by deleting the pictures they can take away the fact that enugu, imo, uyo, asaba, and PH look better than every where in the SW. power to them lol. That's why nobody is buying ad space on this site and it's ratings are dropping (i watch the analytic statistics) -Source:@

Just for the records, Uyo,Asaba and PH are not part of the south-east.

'Southeastern Nigeria was one of the initial Nigerian twelve states that were created during the Nigerian civil war. It was later divided into the present Akwa Ibom State and Cross River State. In the 1990s, Southeast became the name of one of the six geo-polictical zones consisting of the Abia State, Anambra State, Ebonyi State, Enugu State, Imo State. - Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeastern_Nigeria

SS is not interested in Biafra campaign....oooh tongue
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Sealeddeal(m): 8:58am On Dec 08, 2012
The issue of anambra being a superior Igbo is unfounded in public life and in minds of an average anambra person.there are actually some stereotypes attached to particular people but which have nothing to do with superiority.Apart from Adolf Hitler,i've not seen someone else that claim superior over another.People from Imo state do joke of Anambra people and vice versa.Anambra equally do that to anybody they come in contact with and vice versa.Everybody do it and it has nothing to do with superiority.I've stayed in Nsukka for some years now and Nsukka people treat anybody that can speak their dialect special.If such a treatment is meted out to nsukka people somewhere else,some will start complaining.i think when you are complaining that someone takes himself as superior,it inadvertently means that you feel inferior yourself.People should learn to be confident and define themselves instead of allowing someone else to define them.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Sealeddeal(m): 9:05am On Dec 08, 2012
UncleJJ:

Just for the records, Uyo,Asaba and PH are not part of the south-east.

SS is not interested in Biafra campaign....oooh tongue

....are you well? Who is talking about Biafra here?if Biafra will be,it will be.Ur belief will not affect it.But for ur information, Uyo,PH,Owerri,Enugu,Calabar,Onitsha are South Eastern cities.Understand it? If you are talking about geopolitical issue,then thats different because it connotes 'politics' but geographically,all those cities are South Eastern cities.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Afam4eva(m): 9:15am On Dec 08, 2012
nnenna.1:

If some of this prejudice is real as you say, do you think it's one-sided?

I highly doubt that the other states say nothing about people from Anambra in return (with some of the problems facing Anambra and the stereotypes that follow it - I doubt it). I also highly doubt that states don't talk about each other even.

Shoot, neigboring towns and villages in the state probably do the same.

Let me say once again I have never experienced this superiority talk I see here in Nairaland in real life. Why would Anambra be superior over other Igbo states? undecided

I blame the likes of Chino and co who come in here to look for trouble (whether this is jokes or a way of putting us in a negative spotlight, I don't know).
Everyone says something bad about others. It's not a new thing. For instance, in my family and most Enugu, Imo, Ebonyi and Abia families you hear stuffs like "Anambra wolmen control their husbands" and so on. Despite that, all my uncles except one still married an Agbaenu woman. Anambra also has a stereotype of other Igbos but it's usually associated with viewing others as lesser creatures. It's a boastful way of telling other Igbos that they are not as rich and Brilliant as Ndi-Anambra. This is actually being supported by the likes of Chino, Odenigbo, Salam etc. It may not be very visible in real life just like the the level of tribalism on here is also not visible in real life. But this is a common trait among some people as it relates to others.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 08, 2012
afam4eva:
Everyone says something bad about others. It's not a new thing. For instance, in my family and most Enugu, Imo, Ebonyi and Abia families you hear stuffs like "Anambra wolmen control their husbands" and so on. Despite that, all my uncles except one still married an Agbaenu woman. Anambra also has a stereotype of other Igbos but it's usually associated with viewing others as lesser creatures. It's a boastful way of telling other Igbos that they are not as rich and Brilliant as Ndi-Anambra. This is actually being supported by the likes of Chino, Odenigbo, Salam etc. It may not be very visible in real life just like the the level of tribalism on here is also not visible in real life. But this is a common trait among some people as it relates to others.

Hmm! okwu nka eh.... in short Ike agum.

Let's just call it a day here.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Afam4eva(m): 9:35am On Dec 08, 2012
nnenna.1:

Hmm! okwu nka eh.... in short Ike agum.

Let's just call it a day here.

Unfortunately that's the truth...

I really don't know what people gain from being sooo state-centric. I have never in my sojourn on Nairaland gone on to be an Enugu-centric person because tomorrow my part of Enugu could be carved out and named "Ukwu-Mango state". I'm an Igbo-centric and i see all Igbos as equals. If i were to start an automobile company common sense will suggest that i take it to Nnewi and not Igbo. If i want to go into Designing, i'll head to open a shop in Aba. I don't just get why people get soo bias for their states. maybe it's because i didn't grow up in the east because it could be lack of exposure that will make someone from a state to look down on others. We need to start uniting for our greater good. Let's stop this "My state is better than yours" thing and forge a common front.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Malawian(m): 9:43am On Dec 08, 2012
chinos four likes do not show who liked them. probably you oilly soupers. odenigbo aroli. and odenigbo aroli are two different handles. okay?
gidiMonsta: This thread was started by someone from Anambra, its pretty obvious. Chino's comments and the 4 likes on the post pretty much buttresses this point. This is not the first time I've heard someone from Anambra claiming superiority over others.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by ifyalways(f): 9:48am On Dec 08, 2012
Thread is BS!

No igbo state, clan, person is superior to others.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 08, 2012
ifyalways: Thread is BS!

No igbo state, clan, person is superior to others.
abeg tell them! total bullshit I tell you.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by hakanai(m): 9:58am On Dec 08, 2012
malele:

EVEN IF IT WAS HIM THAT POSTED IT, CANT U REBUKE HIM,INSTEAD U SUPPORTED HIM

^^^^ LMAO! so much for wayo media management after severe blunder.Follow follow syndrome!! Attack or support before thinking! The Igbo way is coming out.You train your mind to always do things like this na with time you have people who hardly think but go on the support or defensive by instinct to any tribalism issue.Typically of the Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Malawian(m): 10:04am On Dec 08, 2012
all igbo groups have what makes them unique. anambra hosts the igbo cultural capital NRI hence will automatically be the cultural leaders. imo igbos like the aros are the warrior clans of the igbo. delta igbo are the intellectuals. i have heard a friend say once that if aba people do sanchose for you, you will think it is imported. i suppose we can figure out how that speaks about abia igbos. the rumu-igbos can tell us what they are known for. i am anambra, i have never heard of this superiority complex before until today. btw, have we figured out who 'odenigbo aroli.:' is yet?
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by tpia1: 10:09am On Dec 08, 2012
nnenna.1:

Nairaland has a way of bringing out total negativity in everything

true
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by tpia1: 10:14am On Dec 08, 2012
@ topic

return of babyosisi, like i said before.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-Ps323YvZy6Q/TkKiElyWINI/AAAAAAAABRg/6am67R18x54/s600/puppets1.jpg[/img]
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by tpia1: 10:25am On Dec 08, 2012
Let me say once again I have never experienced this superiority talk I see here in Nairaland in real life. Why would Anambra be superior over other Igbo states?

now I know I will be more observant about the dynamics among people from the SE in this matter seeing that I must have been clueless my whole life .

there's nothing unusual about not knowing the dynamics of how something works, when one has been raised elsewhere and not been exposed to such.

this is one of the dangers of being in the diaspora and assuming the status quo there, is the same as what obtains at the original base.

some of these things are cultural, and people at home [who are familiar with their ethnic setting] would be used to it, and have their own culturally interactive method of neutralizing the negative effect or impact which could occur, thus it wouldnt be considered such a mind blowing revelation to somebody already aware of how such works.

but for those outside the home base, and who do not know what gives, and are unaware of historical basics/conflicts as well, such allegations would be very disturbing.

because they are in a different environment where different rules apply and there's a different and more varied social input.

hope i did not blow too much grammar in my small write up.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by tpia1: 10:31am On Dec 08, 2012
basically, if you do not know your history, you run the risk of being at the mercy of those who do, and more often than not, this information will be used in manipulating you and yours.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 08, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli.:
No need to hide this fact, we don't need to try to impress anybody because we already rule over all. If you are from any other part of Igboland, you must respect Anambra people because we are born to be on top.
The great Omanbala children are destined for success, our rich tradition and history is intimidating anyday. In everything we do, we always shine above others. It is in our blood, others can only pretend. If you like, come from the bushes of Abakaliki or the jungles of Ngwa. Even the w.hores from Owerri cannot stop us. Enugu people are just pretenders and we own them. Even other Anambra peeps from Anambra north are inferior to us. Please learn to respect us grin grin grin grin
I am not igbo but you are definitely sick in the head.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by salam001(m): 11:39am On Dec 08, 2012
afam4eva:
nwanne pls,go back to sleep if you have nothing to Say,i dont wanna hear my moniker from you,ever,what did i do wrong on this thread?tell Me
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by chino24: 11:48am On Dec 08, 2012
Please MODS close this thread its an insult to the sensibilities of our brothers and sisters in the East. Actually some of the things we do exhibit here an anonymous setup like NL are mere fake expressions, it does not really exist in reality.

I have friends virtually in all parts of the country. The first job I had years back around 2002 after my nysc was given to me by a Bayelsan @ Bonny Island and then before I moved to PH until now I got to Awka on fed. appmt. I have friends and associates from Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia and Imo. Infact a very close professional colleague of mine is from Ebonyi state an inteligent chap at that.

We should also learn to tolerate each other. I know that many people know me on this NL probably for negative or positive discuss, but I only loose control once anybody says any negative and unfounded thing about Anambra on NL. Whoever opened a thread as this should be stone.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 08, 2012
What is with this superiority contest among our biafran brothers ? Anyways,Anambra is a strong territory for kidnappers.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by tpia1: 12:12pm On Dec 08, 2012
i think this topic has been done before anyway.

i distinctly remember a thread discussing how anambrarians were traditionally known as the people who look down on others, and i think i asked on that thread, what was their origin,in order to have an idea why they had this moniker.

origins can be important in understanding people's behaviour sometimes. For example, you expect a somali to look down on others [its their culture], just like you expect an arab to be arrogant.

if, however, you meet members of such groups who do not display those characteristics, then its usually due to migration [disconnection from their roots], mixture [perhaps] or personal matters, among other things.

now, with all this oil stuff coming to the forefront, of course there's going to be a power shuffle and change in [or return to] intercultural dynamics.

of course i could be wrong!
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Malawian(m): 12:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
(Follow This Member)

Send E-Mail Message To Odenigbo Aroli.

Time registered: December 07, 2012

Time spent online: 12 minutes & 37 seconds

View Odenigbo Aroli.'s posts (1) | View Odenigbo Aroli.'s topics (1)
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Malawian(m): 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
ndi Yoruba just dey display. make e no be seun himself wey start this thread. abeg no ban me o. wink
Malawian: (Follow This Member)

Send E-Mail Message To Odenigbo Aroli.

Time registered: December 07, 2012

Time spent online: 12 minutes & 37 seconds

View Odenigbo Aroli.'s posts (1) | View Odenigbo Aroli.'s topics (1)
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 08, 2012
Malawian: ndi Yoruba just dey display. make e no be seun himself wey start this thread. abeg no ban me o. wink
Anambra supremacist.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by 2CatWoman: 1:27pm On Dec 08, 2012
At OP, you sound like a Neo nazi. You are now alienating members of your own 'tribe' with supremacist views.

Na wa oo. shocked
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by FreeGlobe(f): 1:43pm On Dec 08, 2012
rick.ross:
Igbo people sef.
Someone from that tribe that still shiiit in nylon bags created this thread so all Igbos will fight and kill each other, and you lots cannot read the writing on the wall

I repeat, this is the handiwork of those people that have horrible tiger marks on their faces, this is 21st century but they still shiit in nylon bags. IGBOS ARE SMART PEOPLE, PLS DONT LET THESE COWARDS LEAD U GUYS ASTRAY...
grin grin grin grin grin grin
This had me rolling

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Rivers Tribunal: How Area Commander Supervised Ballot Thumb-printing –Police / NNPC Crashes Diesel Price Nationwide By 42% / Buhari Was Stoned In Lagos, Obanikoro Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.