Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? - Music/Radio (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? (42230 Views)

NEW MUSIC: "What A Bang Bang" -omawumi Ft 2face / Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by elsinkee(m): 8:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
Frankloon:
u sure must enjoy easy listening.
cool list, most of it is not rock.
u dig punk/ metal at all?
Sure, I listen to System of a Down and Metallica sometimes. I really like the rap metal of Linkin Park.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by donteelo: 4:40am On Dec 23, 2013
Death Cab For Cutie.
Let someone please know this band, God.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:52am On Dec 23, 2013
donteelo: Death Cab For Cutie.

I will check it out soon. The name sounds pretty of a hot rock!

Thank you for mentioning that band.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Frankloon(m): 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
donteelo: Death Cab For Cutie.
love the band, really gud indie punk sounds.
just can't get enough of 'bob pa (sound of settling)'
"i've got a hunger, twisting my stomach into knots"
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by donteelo: 10:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
Frankloon:
love the band, really gud indie punk sounds.
just can't get enough of 'bob pa (sound of settling)'
"i've got a hunger, twisting my stomach into knots"

Frankloon, you are incredibly awesome!! Sound of settling is fantastic. I'm more obsessed with Marching Bands of Manhattan though.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by donteelo: 10:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
all4naija:

I will check it out soon. The name sounds pretty of a hot rock!

Thank you for mentioning that band.

You really should check them out. They are one of the best alternative bands out there IMO. Their album Transatlanticism is a good place to start.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by chromatic: 10:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
Death cab for cutie is quite cool, first time I came across them through my sister..she was always playing "Soul meets body".
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 25, 2013
Aha! rock music. Where will i be today without you.
My favorite band rotates every month, but for now its Foster the people.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Frankloon(m): 7:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
Big.game:
Aha! rock music. Where will i be today without you.
My favorite band rotates every month, but for now its Foster the people.
Foster the people is not rock .
i really love em, but they are categorised as adult alternative /indie pop
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
Frankloon:
Foster the people is not rock .
i really love em, but they are categorised as adult alternative /indie pop
Actually me and my friend have had this argument before, i know they are listed as an indie pop band.
But there's a significant amount of indie rock and even a little alternative rock in their songs. Any musician that does any significant form of rock can be referred to as a rock musician.

How many of their songs have you listened to? When did you start listening to them? I'm asking cause if you listened to most of their songs before their fame, you would get my drift.
Lastly, do you know that before their breakout, they were listed as an indie rock band even by MTV.
Next time get your facts right bro. Don't go rushing to quote Wikipedia.
Cheers! wink
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
Any fan of bowling for soup or The fray?
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Frankloon(m): 1:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
Big.game:

Actually me and my friend have had this argument before, i know they are listed as an indie pop band.
But there's a significant amount of indie rock and even a little alternative rock in their songs. Any musician that does any significant form of rock can be referred to as a rock musician.

How many of their songs have you listened to? When did you start listening to them? I'm asking cause if you listened to most of their songs before their fame, you would get my drift.
Lastly, do you know that before their breakout, they were listed as an indie rock band even by MTV.
Next time get your facts right bro. Don't go rushing to quote Wikipedia.
Cheers! wink
Hello, don't take it personal.
I'v got the torches album, i got into them with pumped up kicks from rick dees. and since been a follower. was not thrilled when they did'nt win a grammy 2 seasons ago.
so to hell with wiki, just stating my views on d previous post.
okay
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Frankloon(m): 1:27pm On Dec 26, 2013
Big.game:
Any fan of bowling for soup or The fray?
biggest fray fan here. a new album is coming out nxt yr.
can't wait for more of their works
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2013
Frankloon:
Hello, don't take it personal.
I'v got the torches album, i got into them with pumped up kicks from rick dees. and since been a follower. was not thrilled when they did'nt win a grammy 2 seasons ago.
so to hell with wiki, just stating my views on d previous post.
okay
Ok bro i ain't taking it personal. Good to know you're a huge fan. Have you seen the Houdini video?
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
Frankloon:
biggest fray fan here. a new album is coming out nxt yr.
can't wait for more of their works
Cool, i just got to know about the fray some months back. I love them.
I hope they will explore other sub genres and effect changes in their upcoming album, Most of their songs sound kind of similar.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 27, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by elsinkee(m): 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
Daniyemi: Ah!... I should have followed this post from the beginning.
I am the biggest Rock fan in Naija.
I eat Rock.
I sleep Rock.
I dress Rock. cheesy.
To your question.
1) The Devil wears Prada.
2) Haste the Day.
3) Red( xtian hardcore band).
4) Korn.
5).3Doors down.
6) Nirvana.
7) Theory of a Dead man.
cool The Blank Theory.
9)The Used.
10) Red Hot chilli peppers.
....The list goes on and on... they are just too many.
iJosRockiT.
Indeed
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mrmofasa(m): 12:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
Daniyemi: Ah!... I should have followed this post from the beginning.
I am the biggest Rock fan in Naija.
I eat Rock.
I sleep Rock.
I dress Rock. cheesy.
To your question.
1) The Devil wears Prada.
2) Haste the Day.
3) Red( xtian hardcore band).
4) Korn.
5).3Doors down.
6) Nirvana.
7) Theory of a Dead man.
cool The Blank Theory.
9)The Used.
10) Red Hot chilli peppers.
....The list goes on and on... they are just too many.
iJosRockiT.
Kudos to the self appointed biggest rock fan in Nigeria. Your preferences seem to skew to a minimal genre of rock music. Have you tried other genres?

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Frankloon(m): 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
abeg na, give DANIYEMI a break .
person wey neva commot house go think say na him mama soup sweet pass
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 04, 2014
mrmofasa:
Kudos to the self appointed biggest rock fan in Nigeria. Your preferences seem to skew to a minimal genre of rock music. Have you tried other genres?
I couldn't help laughing at the common list. It is like some of the famous artistes list than rockers!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 05, 2014
donteelo:

You really should check them out. They are one of the best alternative bands out there IMO. Their album Transatlanticism is a good place to start.
I have been listening to some of their tracks. But, what I found about their music is that it's cool and slow. I usually enjoy fast and hard rock with lot of instrumentals. Another thing, I couldn't find any of their recent songs.

This is one of their tracks I enjoy most on YouTube below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkk5wViJo-I
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 05, 2014
Has anybody checked out ' Arctic Monkeys '? I think they are cool!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mrmofasa(m): 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
all4naija: Has anybody checked out ' Arctic Monkeys '? I think they are cool!
I've heard of them over the years and made a mental note to check them out. I never followed it up.They were once Grammy nominies, huh?
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
mrmofasa: I've heard of them over the years and made a mental note to check them out. I never followed it up.They were once Grammy nominies, huh?
Yeah, you are right! They were nominated twice for Grammy. Beside those they've been one of English most successful indie rock bands.If you like them you would like The Killers as well. My favorite killers track is 'Just Another Girl'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BwzP1laWkQ
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
Seriously, guys, I am not into indie rocks like that because I find them to be too soft for my liking. I usually listen to them when I am traveling - they suit my travelling mood best than hard rocks.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by chromatic: 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
all4naija: Has anybody checked out ' Arctic Monkeys '? I think they are cool!
Arctic Monkeys is a good band...They are indie too you know? You just don't like some slow indie bands.
If you are a fan of Arctic Monkeys check Foals and Kasabian out too..they are cool indie bands from the UK just like Arctic Monkeys.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 12:51am On Jan 07, 2014
chromatic:
Arctic Monkeys is a good band...They are indie too you know? You just don't like some slow indie bands.
If you are a fan of Arctic Monkeys check Foals and Kasabian out too..they are cool indie bands from the UK just like Arctic Monkeys.
Thanks for the Kasbian and foals but, the band is not so much different from One Republic - both in beat and style. I would dare you try out hard rock. Solid rock on a happy day would take you to heaven. You might want to listen to 'Bullet For My Valentine - Tears Don't Fall'.Dude that is hot and solid rocking. I post the video below for your viewing pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sTQ0QdkN3Q
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mrmofasa(m): 8:53am On Jan 07, 2014
all4naija: Yeah, you are right! They were nominated twice for Grammy. Beside those they've been one of English most successful indie rock bands.If you like them you would like The Killers as well. My favorite killers track is 'Just Another Girl'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BwzP1laWkQ
Yes, i am into The Killers. Been listening to them lately. Indie just recently became my thing. I was formerly into all metal/hard rock but i realized that in the afternoons, i feel 'headache' not metal anything. I find indie a little soothing. No matter the mood, nothing changes my mood for Linking Park tho.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 07, 2014
mrmofasa: Yes, i am into The Killers. Been listening to them lately. Indie just recently became my thing. I was formerly into all metal/hard rock but i realized that in the afternoons, i feel 'headache' not metal anything. I find indie a little soothing. No matter the mood, nothing changes my mood for Linking Park tho.
Good! You are very funny by saying you feel headache in the afternoon while listening to solid rocks. However, your type would like 'Five For Fighting' as well.You can remember the movie 'The Blind Side' featuring Sandra Bullock and Quinton Aaron sound track - 'Chances', is one of their music. The video of the track is below for you viewing and listening pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf2IqQ9SvmA
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mrmofasa(m): 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
all4naija: Good! You are very funny by saying you feel headache in the afternoon while listening to solid rocks. However, your type would like 'Five For Fighting' as well.You can remember the movie 'The Blind Side' featuring Sandra Bullock and Quinton Aaron sound track - 'Chances', is one of their music. The video of the track is below for you viewing and listening pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf2IqQ9SvmA
Gee, thanks. I will look into them immediately.
You are a marvel ,you know. You managed to put two of my favorite things - rock music and Sandra Bullock (i thoroughly enjoyed 'Blind Side') in just a comment.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
mrmofasa: Gee, thanks. I will look into them immediately.
You are a marvel ,you know. You managed to put two of my favorite things - rock music and Sandra Bullock (i thoroughly enjoyed 'Blind Side') in just a comment.
Lol... You are welcome. I think Sandra Bullock is a very funny lady and somebody with good sense of moving along with everybody.I usually enjoy the way she plays her role in movies. That makes her one of my favorite female actors in Hollywood.

Rock music is in us all, be you rapper, soul-singer and others there is always a thing for you that suits your taste. Bwahaha...
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by djcrooky(m): 9:23pm On Jan 10, 2014
rock fans just follow @rockazworld on twitter... there was even a rocky party this month... twas awesome to be in such gathering... another would hold in feb

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria / Mafa Mafa: Davido & His Crew Release Legwork Dance Steps For His New Song / Fireboy's Album Listening Party: Wizkid, Phyno, Olamide Spotted (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.